to the trailer park.
他没提什么事吗?
He made overtures?
没有 没说什么
No, nothing.
当我们到达公园时
When we got to the trailer park,
自动大门已经关上了
the auto gate was closed.
莱蒙先生大概会在11点
Mr. Lemon closes it about 11:00
或稍晚一点关上大门
or a little after.
于是我就谢了巴尼 想从车里出来
So I thanked Barney and started to get out of the car…
但是他说我没必要走一段路
but he said that there wasn’t any need for me to walk…
他可以从另一条道送我进公园
that he could drive me into the park on another road.
我不知道还有另一条道 但是…
I didn’t know there was another road, but…
没容我回答愿不愿意 他就接着开了
he drove on before I could say yes or no.
-你害怕了吗? -没有
-Were you alarmed? -No.
我通常不害怕男人
I’m not usually afraid of men.
不管怎么说 他没碰过我
And anyway, he hadn’t touched me or
甚至一路上他都没说什么
even said anything out of the way.
唔 女人是不是都有某种天生的直觉
Well, doesn’t a woman sort of instinctively know…
会感受到不怀好意的男人?
when a fellow’s on the make?
噢 当然 我经常碰到这样的男人
Oh, sure, but that’s only usual with me.
我是说 各种各样的男人
With men, I mean. Almost all men.
从我还是孩子时就见过
Ever since I was a kid.
比如说你 你也有兴趣…
You, for instance. You’re interested…
但是没有理由要害怕你
but there’s no reason to be afraid of you.
巴尼也给我这样的感觉
It was like that with Barney.
噢 曼尼昂夫人 请相信我
Well, Mrs. Manion, believe me,
我对你一点也没有…
I’m not in the least…
叫我劳拉
Call me Laura.
劳拉 我的兴趣仅限于 帮助你的丈夫
Laura, I’m only interested in helping your husband.
没有别的
Nothing more.
我不是说你想怎么样
I don’t mean you’d try anything.
我只是说你… 你看我的样子
I just mean it’s… it’s the way you look at me.
唔 不看着你那倒是很难
It would be very difficult not to look at you.
哦 你是说我的穿着吗?
Oh, the way I dress, you mean?
你不喜欢吗?
You don’t like it?
噢 我喜欢 很喜欢
Oh, I love it. I just love it.
噢 我们还是言归正传吧
Now, we’d better keep moving along with this thing.
那么 那晚你穿的什么?
Now, how were you dressed that night?
噢 像这样的一件厚运动衫和一条裙子
Oh, in a sweater like this and a skirt.
其它的呢… 还有什么?
And the rest… what about that?
内衣吗? 我穿了连身薄衬衣
Underneath? I had on a slip and
短衬裤和胸罩
panties and a bra.
-没系腰带? -我不需要腰带
-No girdle? -I don’t need a girdle.
你认为我需要系腰带吗?
Do you think I do?
我不知道 我哪知道
I don’t know. I don’t know.
我怎么会知…
How should I…
听着 我只关心一些事实
Look, I’m only concerned with a few facts…
那些可能有助于我
that might be of help to me
替你丈夫进行辩护的事实
in the defense of your husband.
-仅此而已 -那好 我不系腰带
-That’s all. -Well, I don’t wear one.
好的 没系腰带 好的
Okay. No girdle. Okay.
行了 接着说
All right. Go on.
然后他就离开了大路
Well, he turned off the highway into
拐进了林中的小径
a lane in the woods…
他把车停了下来 关上了灯
and he stopped the car and turned off the lights.
然后他就抓住我 对我说:
And then he grabbed me, and he said…
“我想要强♥奸♥你 “他就是这样说的
“I’m going to rape you,” just like that.
-他用的这些词吗? -原文复述
-Did he use those words? -Exactly those words.
毛毛叫了起来 于是他把他扔出了窗子
Muff began to bark, so he threw him out the window.
我可以听见小毛毛在车外呜呜直叫
I could hear little Muffy whining outside the car all through it.
巴尼开始试图占有我
And Barney began to try to get at me…
我奋力想把他挡开 但是他太强壮了
and I fought him off as best I could, but he was terribly strong.
你喊叫了吗? 你呼救了吗?
Did you cry out? Did you scream?
在林子里面 喊叫也没什么用处
Didn’t seem to be much use out there in the woods.
他开始冲着我大骂 比如…
He began to shout names at me, like…
“军中荡♥妇♥”之类的
“Army slut” and other names.
然后他仰着身子 用拳头猛打我
And then he drew back and hit me with his fist.
他又打了几下 我就不再挣扎了
He hit me again, and I didn’t fight anymore.
我可能已经失去了一半意识 但是…
I must have been only half-conscious, but…
我知道他扯掉了我的内♥裤♥
I know that he tore my panties off and
做了他想做的事
did what he wanted.
但是报纸上说医生检查过你
Now, the newspaper said that a doctor examined you…
说他们并不认为你受到过强♥奸♥
and said that he didn’t think you’d been raped.
我不管医生怎么说
I don’t care what the doctor thought.
女人不会把这样的事情弄错的
A woman doesn’t mistake these things.
好吧 好吧 请继续
All right. All right. Now, go ahead.
然后 我…
Well, I…
我不确定接着发生了什么
I don’t know exactly what happened then.
我肯定晕过去了 但是…
I must’ve fainted. But…
接下来我所记得的事是
the next thing I remember,
车子又动了起来
the car was moving.
巴尼开得很快
Barney was driving very fast…
他喘着粗气
and he was breathing hard…
丑陋的喘气声
an ugly, gasping sound.
我们又上了通往公园的主路
We were on the main road to the trailer park…
他在大门旁疾转车身 停了下来
and he swung in by the gate and stopped.
我打开车门想下车
I opened the door to get out.
毛毛衔着便携灯先跳了下去
Muffy jumped out first with a flashlight.
嗯 等一下
Now, wait a minute.
我想你刚才说过在林子里
I thought you said he’d thrown Muff out of
他把毛毛扔出了车外
the car back in the woods.
噢 是的 但是我们回到那儿时
Well, he did, but Muff was in the car
毛毛也在车上
when we got back.
他可能让毛毛回到了车上
He must’ve let him back in.
我记不太清了
I don’t remember.
好吧 你打开了车门
All right. You opened the door,
毛毛先下了车 然后呢?
and Muff got out first. All right.
我刚想下车
Before I could get out…
巴尼一把抓住了我
Barney grabbed me and
说他要把我所有的衣服撕掉
said he was gonna tear all my clothes off…
并又开始向我袭击
and attacked me again.
我挣脱开他逃了出来
I got away and ran.
我看见毛毛穿过了篱笆上的一个开口
I could see Muff through an opening in the fence.
他衔着便携灯 来来回♥回♥地奔跑着
He was scooting back and forth with a flashlight.
巴尼从背后抓住了我 我摔倒在地
Barney caught me from behind, and I fell to the ground.
他压在我上面 又开始用拳头打我
He fell on top of me and began to beat me again with his fists.
我想他可能会杀了我
I thought he was going to kill me.
我大声尖叫 不知怎的
I screamed and somehow
我又站了起来开始猛跑
got to my feet again and ran.
我跑过篱笆门
I went through the opening in the fence…
跟着毛毛
and followed Muffy,
他一直带着便携灯跑在我前面
who was running along ahead with the flashlight.
我跟着便携灯的灯光
And I kept following the light until
直到来到我们的车房♥跟前
he led me to our trailer.
那么你再没见过巴尼了吗?
And you didn’t see Barney again?
无论死活 我再也没见过他
Never laid eyes on him again, dead or alive.
好吧 我… 呃…
Well, I, uh…
我想暂且到此为止吧
I think that’s enough for now.
我有的是时间 只要你愿意
I’ve got lots of time. All you want.
我怎样才能联♥系♥到你?
Where can I reach you?
我仍然住在雷鸣湾
I’m still in Thunder Bay…
但是上午我可以开车进城来
but I can drive down again in the morning.
-还有什么要补充吗? -没有
-Was there something else? -No.
谢谢你允许我放那些唱片
Thanks for letting me play the records.
噢 不用客气
Oh, you’re very welcome.
非常感谢 再见
Thanks a lot. Bye.
-那是谁? -案子里的女人
-Who’s that? -The lady in the case.
你不想接这个案子 哈?
You’re not going to take the case?
唔 我不知道
I don’t know.
那得看明天曼尼昂会跟我说些什么
That depends on what Manion has to tell me tomorrow.
他正绞尽脑汁呢
He’s thinking things out.
噢 是啊 这样就对了