我会怎么做
I were on that jury.
我真的不知道
I really don’t know.
你呢?
Do you?
我喜欢那个 保利
I loved that, Paulie.
我喜欢那什么”卑微的地方律师”之说
I loved that “humble country lawyer” bit.
你让丹瑟”舞者”先生翩翩起舞了
You had Mr. Dancer dancing.
我担心他会跳到最后
I’m afraid he got in the last dance.
他的总结是我听过的最好的法庭总结陈词
That’s the best summary I’ve ever heard in a courtroom.
我还是更喜欢你的 保利
I liked yours much better, Paulie.
你非得弹那玩意儿吗?
Do you have to play that stuff?
你不会弹”丹尼小子”…
Can’t you play “Danny Boy”…
或”甜蜜的茵尼斯弗利岛”?
or “Sweet Isle of Innisfree”?
保罗·比格勒办公室
Paul Biegler’s office
好的 先生 这就过去
Yes, sir. Right away.
他们好了
They’re ready.
嗨 亲爱的
Hey, sweetie.
接着走
Go on.
陪审团已经进去了
The jury’s coming in.
是啊 我听说了
Yeah, I heard.
你可以告诉我可爱的丈夫我在车里等他
You can tell my loving husband I’ll be waiting in the car.
-你肯定他会出来? -噢 当然!
-You’re sure he’s gonna come out? -Oh, sure!
他运气好 有的人运气就是好
He’s lucky. Some people have all the luck.
你可以告诉他我在等他把我踢到天国去
You can tell him I’m waiting to get kicked to kingdom come.
噢! 嘿 亲爱的
Oh! Hey, sweetie…
我有件纪念品给你
I have a souvenir for you.
呃 你最好还是自己留着
You’d better keep that thing.
也许什么时候你又会用得着 谁知道呢
You might need it again sometime. You never know.
是的 是不知道 对吗?
No, you don’t, do you?
噢 我喜欢你 保利
Oh, I like you, Paulie.
我提醒在场的各位不要打断判决过程
I warn all those present not to interrupt the taking of the verdict.
一旦出现这样的迹象 我将中止判决
I will stop the proceedings and clear the courtroom…
进行清场
if there is any demonstration.
开始吧 书♥记♥官先生
Proceed, Mr. Clerk.
陪审员们
Members of the jury,
你们是否已经就裁决取得一致意见?
have you agreed upon a verdict…
如果是的话 谁是你们的代言人?
and if so, who will speak for you?
我们已经取得一致 我是陪审团主席
We have. I’m the foreman.
被告起立
The defendant will rise.
你们的裁决是什么?
What is your verdict?
我们认为被告…
We find the defendant…
无罪 理由是精神错乱
not guilty by reason of insanity.
梅达给了你那张期票单 是吗?
Maida gave you that promissory note, didn’t she?
就在这儿
Right here,
就等我们快乐的委托人签字了
ready to be signed by our happy client.
你知道
You know,
有一阵子我觉得透过威士忌酒瓶
I used to think the world looked better
这世界看上去更加美好
through a glass of whisky.
但其实不然
It doesn’t.
我想我会保持这样的状态 感觉不错
I think I’ll keep it this way. Looks nice.
嗯 通过这个案子
Well, I got one good thing
我有一个收获…
out of this case…
一个新的法律伙伴 如果他也同意的话
a new law partner, if it’s all right with him.
把他的名字刻在你的招牌上
He’d be mighty proud to have his name
他会感到非常自豪的
on a shingle with yours.
我猜你们是来找曼尼昂中尉的
I guess you’re looking for Lt. Manion,
是吗 比格勒先生?
aren’t you, Mr. Biegler?
他让我把这个条子转给你
He gave me this note for you.
我真替曼尼昂夫人难过 她哭得厉害
I felt real sorry for Mrs. Manion. She was crying.
他们把这儿搞得一团糟 是不是?
Left a mess, didn’t they?
嗯 我得忙我的去了
Well, we’d better get busy here.
亲爱的比格勒先生
Dear Mr. Biegler,
非常抱歉我的突然离去
so sorry that I had to leave suddenly.
因为我的’无法抑制的冲动’症又犯了
I was seized by an irresistible impulse.
弗雷德里克·曼尼昂 ”
Frederick Manion.”
这下我们究竟怎么去见梅达呢?
How in the world are we gonna face Maida?
杜松子酒 我就知道那家伙
Gin. I knew there was something wrong
有什么地方不对劲
with that guy.
还从没见过一个
Never saw a gin drinker
喝杜松子酒的你可以信任的
yet you could trust.
搭档
Partner,
你说我们去见我们的第一位委托人怎么样?
what do you say we go and see our first client?
-那会是谁? -玛丽·皮兰特
-Who might that be? -Mary Pilant.
我们去帮她打理巴尼·奎尔的财产
We’re gonna administer Barney Quill’s estate.
这就是我说的”善♥恶♥有♥报♥ 人人难逃”
Now, that’s what I call poetic justice for everybody.