丹瑟先生 立即抛开内♥裤♥
Now, Mr. Dancer, get off the panties.
你造成的损害够多了
You’ve done enough damage.
好的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
曼尼昂夫人
Mrs. Manion,
你丈夫是一个容易嫉妒的人吗?
is your husband a jealous man?
他爱我
He loves me.
当然 但是他是否极度地嫉妒?
I’m sure, but is he overly jealous?
法官大人 证人如何回答这样的问题?
Your Honor, how can the witness answer that question?
嫉妒的标准是什么?
What’s the norm of jealousy?
你能不能换一个 不同一点的问题呢
Can you put your question a little differently,
丹瑟先生?
Mr. Dancer?
你丈夫有没有因为嫉妒的爆发而打过你?
Has your husband struck you in a rage?
不 法官大人
No, Your Honor.
我认为丹瑟先生这是在下套子
I think Mr. Dancer’s fishing now.
这个问题究竟和本案有什么关系?
What’s the relevance of this question?
法官大人 比格勒先生
Your Honor,
搬了石头砸了自己的脚
the shoe is squeezing Mr. Biegler’s foot.
用他自己话来说
In his own words,
这不是一场 高中生之间的辩论
this is not a high school debate.
这是对一起谋杀案进行的交叉质询
This is a cross-examination in a murder trial.
继续 丹瑟先生
Proceed, Mr. Dancer.
曼尼昂夫人
Did you ever go out
你参加过在雷鸣湾的社交活动吗?
socially in Thunder Bay?
参加过几次吧
Yes, a few times.
在你丈夫的部队开来雷鸣湾时
When your husband’s outfit moved to Thunder Bay,
巴尼·奎尔…
didn’t Barney Quill…
是不是为军官和太太们搞过个鸡尾酒会?
throw a cocktail party for the officers and their wives?
是的
Yes.
在这个晚会上
Didn’t your husband strike a young second lieutenant
你丈夫是不是打过一个少尉?
at this party?
有一点小的扭打 没什么
There was a little scuffle. It wasn’t much.
因为什么原因?
What was it about?
我想我不记得了
I’m not sure I remember.
是因为当时喝得太多 记不起来了?
Were you too drunk to remember?
不 我没喝多
No, I was not.
我想那是因为…
I think it was because…
当我和我丈夫跳舞时
the lieutenant was cutting in too much
少尉老是想插♥进♥来
when I was dancing with my husband.
紧接着在阳台上
Shortly after on the verandah,
你丈夫有没有打你耳光
didn’t your husband slap you hard enough…
下手如此之重把你打得靠到了墙上?
so that you fell against the wall?
他喝了很多
He was drinking.
那是因为嫉妒的爆发吗?
Wasn’t this a jealous rage?
我不知道!
I don’t know!
你记得为什么他会打你?
Do you remember why he struck you?
是的
Yes.
不是出于他对你的愤怒吗
Wasn’t he enraged at you
因为他认为你在怂恿那位年轻人?
because he thought you’d encouraged the young man?
他可能是这样想的
He might have thought so.
曼尼昂夫人 有人看见了整个事件过程
There are witnesses to this affair.
我想再问你一次 这是不是嫉妒的爆发?
I’ll ask you again. Wasn’t this a jealous rage?
我想你可以这样说
I guess you could call it that.
现在我问你
Now I’ll ask you.
在枪击的那个晚上
On the night of the shooting…
你穿了什么?
what did you swear?
以”玫瑰经”的名义 你起的什么誓?
What oath did you take on the rosary?
关于巴尼·奎尔强♥奸♥我的事
It was about Barney Quill raping me.
为什么你要以”玫瑰经”的名义发誓说…
Why did you swear on the rosary…
他强♥奸♥了你?
that he raped you?
原因我丈夫已经说过…
For the reason my husband said…
因为我当时有点歇斯底里!
because I was hysterical!
那是他给出的他让你发誓的理由
That was the reason he gave for asking you to swear.
那么你为什么要发誓呢?
What was it for swearing?
好让他相信我
So he’d believe me.
为什么他会不相信你?
Why shouldn’t he?
反对! 用”玫瑰经”的理由已经明确了
Objection! The reason for the use of the rosary has been established.
这些问题都是非实质性的
These questions are immaterial.
不 我想我愿意听听答案
No, I think I’ll take the answer,
比格勒先生
Mr. Biegler.
我再问你一次 曼尼昂夫人
I’ll ask you again, Mrs. Manion.
为什么他不相信你?
Why shouldn’t he believe you?
因为当时我说话语无伦次!
Because I wasn’t making much sense!
他会认为你对这样的事情撒谎吗?
Did he think you’d lie about a thing like that?
反对 法官大人!
Objection, Your Honor!
曼尼昂中尉已经 作过证说他当时的想法!
Lt. Manion had already testified as to what he thought!
反对有效
Sustained.
那天晚上你丈夫打你了吗?
Did your husband strike you that night?
他打你了吗那晚?
Did he hit you that night?
他… 他…
Well, he…
他也许因为我的歇斯底里打了我一记耳光
He may have slapped me because I was hysterical.
你是不是发了假誓好让他不再打你?
Didn’t you swear to a lie to keep him from hitting you again?
不 我没有 我没有发假誓!
No, I didn’t! I did not!
也有可能他在大门外面就已经把你打了个半死
Hadn’t he already beaten you up
因为他正好逮住你和巴尼·奎尔兜风回家?
when he caught you coming home with Quill?
反对! 反对! 证人已经作证说
Objection! The witness has already testified
她是被巴尼·奎尔殴打的!
she was beaten by Quill!
安静 安静
Quiet. Quiet.
没有问题了
No more questions.
我想这位证人已经受够了 法官大人
I think the witness has had enough, Your Honor.
证人可以退下了 下面是午餐休庭
The witness may step down. We’ll recess for lunch.
休庭到下午1点
Recess until 1:00.
对不起 亲爱的 你表现得很好
I’m sorry, baby. You were fine.
史密斯医生
Dr. Smith.
我是来接你的 我叫…
I’ve come to meet you. My name is…
对不起 你认错人了
I’m sorry. You’ve been mistaken.
也许我是你要找的人
Maybe I’m the one you’re looking for.
你是比格勒先生吗?
Are you Mr. Biegler?
不 我是他这个案子的同事
No, I’m his associate in the case.
别跟我说你就是史密斯医生
Don’t tell me you’re Dr. Smith.
就是我
That’s me.
军方的精神病医生?
The army psychiatrist?
也许你估计我会穿军服
Maybe you expected me to be in uniform.
不
No.
我没料到你那么年轻
I didn’t expect anybody so young.
我四十了
I’m 40.
我估计你可能有…
I sort of hoped you’d…
一把胡子 戴一个单片眼镜
have a beard and wear a monocle.
噢 是这样啊
I see.
这样是不是好点?
Is that better?
你今天下午出庭
You’re on the stand this afternoon.
医生
Doctor,
你是否已经就弗雷德里克·曼尼昂…
have you formed an opinion as to Frederick Manion’s…
在他杀巴尼·奎尔那晚的
mental and emotional state at the time
精神和情绪状态形成意见了呢?
he killed Barney Quill?
-是的 -你的意见是什么?
-I have. -And what is that opinion?
在他开枪的时候
He was temporarily insane
他患有”临时性精神错乱”症
at the time of the shooting.
在他开枪的时候 你相信他有…
At the time of the shooting, do you believe he was able…
分辨是非的能力吗?
to distinguish right from wrong?
也许有 也许没有
He may or may not have been.
这没有太大的区别
It doesn’t make too much difference.
好吧 医生
Now, Doctor,
你能不能尽可能清楚地…
as clearly as you can…
解释一下弗雷德里克·曼尼昂的
will you explain Frederick Manion’s
“临时性精神错乱”?
temporary insanity?
这被称为”习惯性分♥裂♥反应”指的是…
It is known as dissociative reaction…
一种精神上的震撼 它会产生…
a psychic shock which creates…
一种几乎是无法抗拒的紧张
an almost overwhelming tension…
处于震撼中的人必须释放掉这种紧张
which the person in shock must alleviate.
在曼尼昂中尉的这个案例中
In Lt. Manion’s case,