A man named Barney Quill
强♥奸♥了曼尼昂夫人
raped Mrs. Manion.
她的丈夫 他是陆军中尉…
Her husband, he’s a lieutenant in the army…
在雷鸣湾有个临时基地
there’s a temporary base in Thunder Bay,
炮兵之类的…
a gunnery or something…
这个中尉来到奎尔的旅店
The lieutenant goes to Quill’s place and
向他连开了五枪
plugs Mr. Quill about five times…
铅头中毒致使奎尔先生当场殒命
which causes Mr. Quill to promptly die of lead poisoning.
这是何时发生的事?
When did this happen?
几个晚上之前吧
A couple of nights ago.
要是你没有外出去某个
If you hadn’t been out fishing
鸟不拉屎的死水潭钓鱼的话
in some godforsaken backwater…
你早就应该听说了
you’d have known about it.
早上好 梅达
Morning, Maida.
噢 你总算回来了
Oh, there it is.
-怎么啦? -报纸
-What? -The newspaper.
我以为他们可能不再送报来了
I thought maybe they didn’t bring it.
因为我们没付账单
We haven’t paid the bill.
你看到我留的条了吗?
Did you get my note?
是的 我们可能会接这个案子
Uh-huh. We may be on the case.
在去和曼尼昂中尉谈话前
I’m just reading up on it now
我正多读点有关案子的情况
before talking to Lt. Manion.
他没回自己家吗?
Doesn’t he ever go home?
你是说帕内尔? 我们昨晚呆到很晚
Oh, you mean Parnell? We were up late last night.
像是如此
Is that a fact?
我想你最好取消我今天所有的预约
I think maybe you better cancel all my appointments for today.
还有什么预约?
What appointments?
大家都以为 你搬到林子里去住了
People think you’ve migrated into the woods.
如果冰箱里再放些鱼的话
If this refrigerator gets any more fish in it,
那么它就会自个儿…
it’ll swim upstream…
游到上游去产卵了
and spawn all by itself.
对不起 能稍微打断你一下吗?
May I have your attention for a moment, please?
我昨天看了一下你的支票本
I was going over your checkbook yesterday.
我开不出给我的薪水了
I can’t pay me my salary.
你怎么把沃尔克夫妇的离婚诉讼费花光的?
What did you do with the fee for the Walkers’ divorce?
拿去帮着往某个铀矿里掺假啦?
Help salt a uranium mine or something?
仅买♥♥了些生活必需品
Bought a few bare necessities.
比如说那艘舷外马达艇
Like a new outboard motor.
我希望我也能被归入必需品之列
I wish I could be classed as a necessity.
要烤面包吗?
Aren’t you gonna have your toast?
不… 不了 我会… 呃…
No, no, I’ll, uh…
我会打电♥话♥给你
I’ll call you,
告诉你事情的进展情况
let you know how things are going.
小心别让他的”紫心勋章”收买♥♥了你
Don’t let him pay you off in Purple Hearts.
那些职业当兵的穷得丁当响
Those professional soldiers never have a dime.
我知道的 我以前嫁过一个
I ought to know. I was married to one.
对不起 你是曼尼昂夫人?
Beg your pardon. Are you Mrs. Manion?
-你好 -我是保罗·比格勒
-Hi. -I’m Paul Biegler.
-我叫劳拉 -你好
-I’m Laura. -How do you do?
-这是毛毛 -噢 毛毛
-This is Muff. -Oh, Muff.
监狱就在那边
The jail’s right here.
你挺高哈
You’re tall.
-你好 保利! -嗨 苏罗
-Hello, Paulie! -Hi, Sulo.
你在这儿等着 毛毛
You wait here, Muffy.
-见到你真高兴 保利 -你怎么样?
-Good to see you, Paulie. -How you feeling?
还行 我想你是来见那个当兵的吧
Fine. I guess you come for the soldier boy.
没错 我们可不可以
Yeah. Do you think it’d be all right
在警官的办公室里进行谈话呢?
if we talk in the sheriff’s office?
噢 当然可以 保利
Oh, sure, Paulie.
我把他带过来
I’ll bring him down.
你不介意把眼镜摘掉吧 曼尼昂夫人?
Would you mind taking your glasses off, Mrs. Manion?
天哪! 那是巴尼·奎尔干的吗?
Did Barney Quill do that to you?
是的 远不止这些
Mm-hmm. More than that.
你应该看看 全身上下都有
You should see. All over.
要是你觉得那样更自在一点的话
You can put them back on
你还是戴上吧
if it’s more comfortable for you.
这位是保利·比格勒
This is Paulie Biegler.
保利 这就是你要的人
This is the bucko, Paulie.
-你好 -嗨 曼尼
-Hello, there. -Hi, Manny.
嗨 劳拉
Hello, Laura.
曼尼昂夫人
Mrs. Manion,
下午2点左右你可以去我办公室见我吗?
can you meet me down in my office about 2:00 this afternoon?
地址是巴恩汉西街305号♥
It’s 305 West Barnham.
-当然可以 -那好
-Of course. -Fine.
你需要什么东西吗 亲爱的?
Is there anything I can get you, hon?
不需要什么 亲爱的
I’m all right, hon.
到里面来
Right in here.
通缉犯 前十名
Wanted. The big ten.
人们评出了最佳服饰女士前十名
They got the ten best-dressed dames…
最佳球队前十名 最佳曲子前十名
the ten top teams, the ten top tunes…
而这里是最高通缉犯前十名
and now the ten most wanted.
嗯 别这么说 那也是一种美国梦
Don’t knock it. That’s the American dream.
那些家伙也算是成功了
Those boys made the grade.
你曾经是…
You were the…
这个地区的检察官 是吗?
district attorney around here, weren’t you?
嗯哼 干了十年
Ten years.
那么你干辩护律师有什么经验呢?
What’s your experience as a defense lawyer?
不算很多
Not very much.
我怎么知道你能应付我的案子?
How do I know you can handle my case?
我想你当然不知道
I guess you don’t know.
何不妨我们谈谈呢?
Shall we talk about it?
只能这样了
I suppose so.
行了 中尉 别这么灰心丧气
Come on, Lieutenant. Don’t be so bored.
你知道 也许没有哪个律师
It might very well be that no lawyer
能够应付你的案子
can handle your case…
如果你的目标是想完全逃脱罪责的话
if you mean getting you off scot-free.
你大概忘了巴尼·奎尔强♥奸♥了我的妻子
You seemed to be forgetting Barney Quill raped my wife.
不成文的”道德”法律是站在我这一边的
I have the unwritten law on my side.
不成文法只是一个神话 中尉
The unwritten law’s a myth, Lieutenant.
根本没有什么不成文法这回事儿
There is no such thing as the unwritten law.
任何人只要犯了谋杀罪
And anyone who commits a murder
而且这种说法得到了证实
on the theory that it does exist…
那么他就会被关入州监狱在里面吃喝拉撒
has just bought himself room and board in the state penitentiary.
也许得终身服刑
Maybe for life.
了解了这些 也许我们接着可以…
Now, with that in mind, perhaps we can proceed with a…
从一些问答开始…
few questions and answers that…
也就是… 能借你打火机用一下吗?
That, uh… Can I borrow your lighter?
我们可以开始一些个问答
We can proceed with a few questions and answers
那也许会有助于你的辩护
that might help your defense.
当然也有可能没什么用
But it probably won’t be.
是啊 打火机不错
Yes. Nice lighter.
-好吧 -你多大了?
-Okay. -How old are you?
-二十八岁 -服役多少年了?
-Twenty-eight. -How long have you been in the service?
50年参的军
Since ’50.
-参加过战斗吗? -韩战
-You see any action? -Korea.
-授过勋吗? -很多
-Have any decorations? -Plenty.
-这是你的第一次婚姻? -不是
-Is this your first marriage? -No.
这不是在证人席上
You’re not on the witness stand.
你不必只回答”是”或”不是”
You don’t have to answer yes or no.
多给我讲一点你们的婚姻状况
Just give me the matrimonial rundown.
有必要吗?
Is this necessary?
有没有必要得由我说了算
I’ll be the judge of that.
我的第一个妻子和我离了婚
My first wife divorced me.
说我虐待了她
Charged cruelty.
其实只是些在床上吃吃饼干之类的事
Eating crackers in bed.
你知道 都是些鸡毛蒜皮的小事儿
You know, the usual stuff.
事实的真♥相♥是…
Truth was…
我在朝鲜时她有了另一个家伙
she found another guy when I was in Korea.
四年前我在佐治亚州遇见了劳拉
I met Laura four years ago in Georgia.
在她离婚后我们就马上结婚了
We were married right after her divorce.
你认识她丈夫吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!