你在车房♥见到他妻子时 她看上去怎样?
As you saw his wife in the trailer, how did she look?
她有点歇斯底里 她被打得很厉害
She was a little hysterical. She’d been pretty badly beaten up.
她的脸和双臂有大块乌青的瘀伤
She had big black bruises all over her face and arms.
曼尼昂夫人告诉你强♥奸♥和殴打的情况了吗?
Did Mrs. Manion tell you about this rape and beating?
-是的 -她带你去事发地点了?
-She did. -Did she take you to where it happened?
是的 先生 在第二天上午
Yes, the next morning.
你有没有发现什么呢?
Did you find anything there pertaining
任何与曼尼昂夫人
to the story Mrs.
告诉你的情况有关的什么证据?
Manion told you?
在林中的小径上
On the lane in the woods
我们发现了 一些轮胎印和一些狗的足印
we found some tire tracks and some dog tracks…
还有一只皮质的盒子
and a leather case with
里面是一副角质架的眼镜
some horn-rimmed glasses inside.
我们也试着找…
We also looked for…
曼尼昂夫人的一件内衣 但是没找到
a certain undergarment of Mrs. Manion’s, but we didn’t find it.
请双方律师到法官席前来
Will the attorneys for both sides approach the bench?
比格勒先生
Mr. Biegler,
你最终还是 把你的强♥奸♥带进了这个案子
you’ve finally got your rape into the case.
我认为从现在起
I think all the details should now
陪审团必须了解所有的细节
be made clear to the jury.
你同意吗 罗德威克先生?
Do you agree, Mr. Lodwick?
完全同意
Absolutely.
刚才提到的”内衣”到底是什么东西?
What exactly was the undergarment just referred to?
内♥裤♥ 法官大人
Panties, Your Honor.
你觉得它在后面还会出现吗?
Do you expect this to come up again?
是的 大人
Yes, sir.
“内♥裤♥”这个词听上去有点轻浮
There’s a certain light connotation attached to the word “panties.”
我们可以想一个其它的词代替吗?
Can we find another name for them?
我从没听过我妻子还有什么其它的叫法
I never heard my wife call them anything else.
你呢 比格勒先生
Mr. Biegler?
我是单身 法官大人
I’m a bachelor, Your Honor.
真太有用了 丹瑟先生?
That’s a great help. Mr. Dancer?
大战时我到过海外 法官大人
I was overseas during the war.
我知道法文里怎么说
I learned a French word.
但是我担心那个词有点挑逗性
I’m afraid that might be slightly suggestive.
大部分法文单词都有点挑逗性
Most French words are.
好吧 先生们 回到你们的座位上
All right, gentlemen, back to your places.
为了有助于陪审团理解
For the benefit of the jury,
特别是为了旁听的观众
but more especially for the spectators…
在上面的证词中所提到的”内衣”
the undergarment referred to in the testimony was,
严格的说是指…
to be exact…
曼尼昂夫人的内♥裤♥
Mrs. Manion’s panties.
我希望你们停止窃笑 下不为例
I wanted you to get your snickering over and done with.
这条内♥裤♥在此番庭审过程中
This pair of panties will be mentioned again
将还会被提及
in the course of this trial.
到时候在我的法庭上
And when it happens, there will not be one laugh,
不允许出现任何笑声
one snicker…
不允许窃笑 不允许痴笑
one giggle or even one smirk
甚至不允许暗笑
in my courtroom.
鉴于这条内♥裤♥已经引起了一名男子的暴死
There isn’t anything comic about a pair of panties…
也有可能导致另一名男子的囚禁
which figure in the violent death of one man…
它其实没有任何喜剧色彩
and the possible incarceration of another.
继续 比格勒先生
Proceed, Mr. Biegler.
你有没有给曼尼昂夫人做测谎仪测试?
Did you give Mrs. Manion a lie detector test?
反对 测谎仪测试在法庭上
Objection. A polygraph test is inadmissible evidence
不能作为可接受的证据
in our courts.
我只是问他有没有做
I only asked if he gave the test.
我又没问他测试结果
I didn’t ask the results.
你可以回答这个问题
He may answer that.
在她的要求下 我给她做了测谎仪测试
I gave her a lie detector test at her request.
那么 在经过了所有这些调查之后
Now after all this investigation,
你相信曼尼昂夫人吗?
did you believe Mrs. Manion?
我相信
I did.
甚至在做了测谎仪测试之后?
Even after the lie detector test?
法官大人 我反对这个提问!
That question constitutes flagrant subterfuge
那是被告律师利用卑鄙狡猾的逃避手段
on part of the defense.
反对有效
Objection sustained.
陪审团的女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, a polygraph
测谎仪测试…
or lie detector test…
不能作为可接受的证据
is not admissible in evidence…
因为从来没有人否定…
because no one has ever been quite sure…
有人可以对测谎仪撒谎并通过测试
that some people couldn’t lie to a lie detector and get away with it.
继续 比格勒先生
Go ahead.
总之 德构警官
In any case,
以你自己心智和头脑判断
you yourself in your own heart and mind…
你非常确信曼尼昂夫人是诚实的?
are quite convinced of Mrs. Manion’s honesty?
-是的 先生 -我问完了
-Yes, sir. -That’s all.
请等一会儿 好的 当然
Just a moment. Yes, of course.
德构警官 除了在林间小径
Did you look for the panties elsewhere other
你有没有在别的地方搜寻过那条内♥裤♥?
than the lane in the woods?
我们还搜查了巴尼·奎尔的轿车
We looked in Barney Quill’s car,
和他旅店的房♥间
his room in the hotel.
我们没有找到内♥裤♥
We didn’t find them.
你知道曼尼昂夫人为什么
Do you know why Mrs. Manion
要求接受测谎仪测试吗?
requested a lie detector test?
-我记得她曾说过 -说过什么?
-I know what she said. -What?
她想让大家相信她的话
She wanted everyone to believe her story
因为她知道那样会有助于他丈夫
because she knew it’d help her husband.
那是她给你的唯一理由吗?
Was that the only reason she gave?
她说她已经向她丈夫起过誓
Said she swore to her husband.
她希望别的人也都相信她
Said she wanted everyone else to believe it too.
请稍等一下 法官大人
One moment, please.
问问他她以何种方式起的誓
Ask him in what manner she swore.
那么曼尼昂夫人有没有说
Did Mrs. Manion say
她是怎样向她丈夫起的誓?
how she had sworn to her husband?
说了 先生
Yes, sir.
她说她以”玫瑰经”起的誓
She said she had sworn on a rosary.
德构警官 那条林中小径
This lane in the woods,
是干什么用的? 它通向哪里?
what’s it used for, where does it go?
以前是运伐木用的 不通向哪里
It used to be a logging road. It doesn’t go anyplace,
是死路
just stops.
现在谁会用呢?
Who uses it now?
我想是孩子们去公园玩时用的路
I think it’s a road kids drive down to park.
你的意思是那是一条情人小径?
You mean it’s a lovers’ lane?
我想是的
I think so.
你来问吧 比格勒先生
The witness is yours.
没有问题了
No more questions.
证人可以退下了
The witness may step down.
鉴于法官大人您裁定…
In view of evidence concerning rape…
涉及强♥奸♥的证据可以纳入本案
which Your Honor has ruled admissible…
公诉方请求30分钟休庭
the prosecution asks for a 30-minute recess…
以便我方带另一位证人出庭
in order to bring in another witness
尽管我们原本并没有安排
we had not anticipated using?
好的 休庭30分钟
All right. We’ll take a 30-minute recess.
现在休庭
Recess.
为什么你没有告诉我那什么”玫瑰经”?
Why didn’t you tell me about that rosary?
我忘了
I forgot it.
我们没忘
We didn’t forget it.
曼尼说也许我们不应该再提起此事
Manny said maybe we shouldn’t tell that again.
因为这看上去像有别的问题…
It might have looked like something else…
像是我不相信她
like I didn’t believe her.
你还有什么事没告诉我?
How much more didn’t you tell me?
什么都告诉你了 所有事都告诉你了
We told you everything else.
是这样吗 劳拉?
Is that right, Laura?
噢 是的 所有的事
Oh, yes, everything else.
好的 听着 你们两个
Now get this, both of you.
当你们走上证人席时
When you get up on that stand,
我希望你们讲出事实
I want you to tell the truth.
我希望你们除了事实 不讲别的
I don’t want you to tell anything but the truth.
你们不要试着撒谎 不要试着隐瞒任何事情
Don’t try and lie or conceal anything