Do you solemnly swear…
庄严宣誓 你即将作出的证词…
the testimony you shall give shall be the truth…
将是事实 完全是事实
the whole truth and nothing but the truth,
除了事实没有别的?
so help you God?
-我宣誓 -请坐下
-I do. -Sit down, please.
请陈述你的职业 伯克先生
Will you state your profession?
我是广♥告♥摄影师
I’m a commercial photographer.
你是不是受到警♥察♥的邀约
Were you called upon by the police…
在死者伯纳德·奎尔的遗体
to take photographs of the body of
搬离死亡现场…
the deceased Bernard Quill…
之前和之后 为他拍摄遗体照片?
before and after he was removed from the scene of death?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
这些死者的照片是你拍的吗?
Were these photographs of the deceased made by you?
是的
They were.
书♥记♥官请记下这些照片
The recorder will please mark
作为公诉方的呈堂证物282-D
these People’s Exhibit 282-D.
可将照片提交辩方检查
Photos are tendered to the defense for examination.
公诉方提议照片被法庭接受为证物
And the people move their admission as evidence.
请辩方询问证人
Your witness.
没有问题 没有异议
No questions. No objections.
保罗 那天晚上他也拍了我的照片
Paul, he took pictures of me that night too.
请等一下 伯克先生
Just a minute, Mr. Burke.
伯克先生 这些照片作为证物提交给法庭
These photos offered as evidence,
那么那天晚上你是否只拍了这些照片呢?
are they the only ones you took that night?
唔… 呃… 不
Why, no.
我想其它照片你洗不出来 是这样吗?
I suppose the others didn’t turn out?
我拍的照都可以洗出来
All my pictures turn out.
噢 当然 我求你原谅
Of course. I beg your pardon.
那么你有没有把其它照片交给警方呢?
Did you give the other pictures to the police?
是的 我交了
I did.
那么伯克先生 那些是什么照片呢?
What were they?
是无关的照片吗? 也许是月亮的照片?
Were they side shots or a shot of the moon perhaps…
或者是一头黑熊在
or a black bear
雷鸣湾的垃圾箱内的刨食照?
scavenging the Thunder Bay dump?
我反对 法官大人
I object.
我看不出其它的照片与本案有关
I can’t see how other photographs are relevant.
引入照片是为了显示死者由于暴♥力♥而致死
The photos were introduced to show the deceased met with a violent death.
法官大人 我想任何与这起案子
I should think any photo pertaining
有联♥系♥的照片 都应该与本案有关
to the case would be relevant.
你说得有道理 比格勒先生 请继续
The point is good, Mr. Biegler. Continue.
那些其它的照片拍的什么呢 伯克先生?
What were these other photographs of?
曼尼昂中尉的妻子
Lieutenant Manion’s wife.
你是说那些照片显示了那晚
You mean they showed how she looked after
巴尼·奎尔被杀后她的样子吗?
Barney Quill was killed?
是的
Yes.
法官大人 她当时的样子与本案无关
How she looked is irrelevant.
没有证据将曼尼昂夫人的样子
There’s no evidence to
和这个谋杀案相联♥系♥
connect Mrs. Manion’s appearance to this murder.
-支持 -我很抱歉 法官大人
-Sustained. -I’m sorry.
我只是想确认一下控方没有扣留证物
I just wanted to make sure prosecution wasn’t withholding evidence.
你们听听!
Now look here!
我抗♥议♥被告律师对控方动机所作的…
I protest to the defense attorney’s persistent attacks…
持续不断的攻击
on the motives of the prosecution.
陪审团将忽略被告律师所说的这句话
The jury will disregard the mark made by the defense attorney.
没有理由相信控方…
There’s no reason to believe that the prosecution…
有不诚实的行为
has not acted in good faith.
那我向控方道歉 还有向法庭道歉
My apologies to the prosecution and to the court.
但是法官大人 既然谈到了抗♥议♥
But Your Honor, as long as protests are being made…
那我也想抗♥议♥一下
I’d like to make a protest myself.
我完全乐意在任何时间 任何地点
I’m perfectly willing
和这两位律界巨擘切磋交流
to take on these two legal giants anytime, anyplace…
但是他们得一个个来
but in all fairness it ought
这样才能显得公平嘛
to be one at a time.
我不希望这两个家伙
I don’t want these two fellas
同时向我投出漫无目标的乱球
pitching knuckleballs at me at the same time.
在我看来你干得虽然不算尽善尽美
It seems to me you’re
但已相当不错了 比格勒先生
batting close to a thousand…
你的意思很明确
but your point is well taken.
不管你们俩哪一位开始询问证人
Whichever attorney opens with the witness…
那么只有他一个人可以继续询问
he alone shall continue with that witness
这个证人 直到证人离席
until the witness is excused.
谢谢您 法官大人 没有问题了
Thank you, Your Honor. No more questions.
没有问题
No questions.
喔哦 我们进展很顺利 对吗?
My, we’re drawing well, aren’t we?
帕内尔在哪儿?
Where’s Parnell?
帕内尔? 怎么 他不在这儿吗?
Parnell? Isn’t he here?
没有 他不在这儿
No, he’s not here,
也不在他租的房♥子里 整晚都不在
not in his rooming house and hasn’t been there all night.
你是最后一个见到他的 他去哪儿了?
You were the last to see him. Where is he?
我答应他不说的 所以你别问了
I promised not to tell, so don’t ask.
他不会又开始喝上了吧?
He hasn’t fallen off the wagon?
-不 他没酗酒 -那他去哪儿了呢?
-No, he was sober. -Has he gone somewhere?
他的确借了我的车去干什么了
He did borrow my car for something or other.
你的车? 那太明智了
Your car? That was smart.
他有20年没开过车了
He hasn’t driven a car in 20 years.
他会杀了他自己的 他究竟去哪儿啦?
He’ll kill himself. Now where’s he gone?
我得言而有信
My word is my bond.
“慢行 距加拿大海关检查站半英里”
早上好 女士们 先生们
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
可以开始了
You may proceed.
法官大人
Your Honor…
辩方注意到控方的桌旁 坐着第三个人
the defense notices a third person at the prosecution’s table.
我们想知道是否法庭能透露点信息
We’re wondering if the court shares
告诉我们他是谁 以满足我们的好奇?
our curiosity as to just who he is?
我正准备给大家介绍
I was about to introduce him.
法官大人
Your Honor,
这位先生是格雷戈里·哈考特医生
this gentlemen is Dr. W. Gregory Harcourt.
哈考特医生是公诉方
Dr. Harcourt is the people’s psychiatrist
为此案请的精神病医生
in this case.
我们请求允许哈考特医生
We ask that Dr. Harcourt be allowed to
作为一名观察员 坐在我们桌旁
sit at our table as an observer.
你想让他观察什么呢?
What are you going to have him observe…
是金牛星座呢 还是大黄蜂的一生?
the constellation of Taurus or the life and times of a bumblebee?
当然是观察被告啦
To observe the defendant, of course.
噢 那没问题
That’s fine.
辩方不反对 法官大人
The defense has no objection.
我只是想说我松了一口气
I just wish to express my relief…
因为新的成员还好不是从
that the new recruit is not
州府兰辛来的司法增援部队
additional legal reinforcements from Lansing.
传阿尔方斯·帕盖特出庭
Call Alphonse Paquette.
请举起右手
Raise your right hand.
你能不能在上帝面前庄严宣誓
Do you solemnly swear the testimony you give in this case…
你即将为本庭所作的证词将是事实完全是事实
shall be the whole truth and nothing but the truth,
除了事实没有别的?
so help you God?
-我宣誓 -请坐下
-I do. -Take a seat, please.
请报上你的姓名
Will you state your name?
阿尔方斯·帕盖特
Alphonse Paquette.
你在”雷鸣湾旅店”工作是吗?
You work at the Thunder Bay Inn?
我是那里的酒吧侍者
I’m bartender there.
在巴尼·奎尔被弗雷德里克·曼尼昂
Were you working the night that Barney Quill was
开枪打死的那个晚上 你是不是在工作?
shot by Frederick Manion?
-我在工作 -你看到开枪过程了吗?
-I was. -Were you witness to the shooting?
我看到了
I was.
能不能请你用自己的语言
Will you tell us please
告诉我们当时发生的情况?
in your own words what happened?
当曼尼昂中尉进来时
I was at a table by the door when Lt.
我在靠近门口的一张桌子旁
Manion came in.
你当时一看到就认出那是曼尼昂中尉?
Did you know Lt. Manion by sight and name?
是的
Yes.
请继续
Go ahead.
他进来后朝吧台走去并开始射击
Well, he came in and walked over to the bar and began to shoot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!