而且马莱斯基先生当时很可能已经失去平衡了
And Mr. Maleski was probably already off-balance.
他的坠落
He may have fallen
可能是因为受到击打 也可能是因为他没有站稳
as much from the blow as from his own unstable position.
正如我所说的 我们没有实质性要件
As I said, we have no material elements…
除了那三滴血
Except those 3 drops of blood.
其他都是你的推断 就为了解释那三滴血 对吗
Everything else must be speculated to explain those drops, right?
好吧 但我给出的是唯一可能的解释
Ok, but the only explanation is the one I gave.
你提出的是一种理论 而非解释
You gave us a theory, not an explanation.
实际上 是两种理论
Actually, two theories.
存在或不存在蓄意推搡
With and without a deliberate push.
那么根据你的理论
According to your theories,
使用的是什么样的物体
what type of object was used?
重物 很有可能是金属的
A heavy object, probably in metal
或者实木
or dense wood,
而且肯定一头是尖的
and undoubtedly with a sharp edge.
你在案发现场有没有发现类似的物体
Did you examine any such objects found on the premises?
你知道我们没有发现凶器
You know no weapon was found.
凶器极容易被丢弃
They’re easily disposed of.
我没有其他问题了
No further questions.
三处血迹有两种可能的解释
Two possible explanations for these 3 spatters.
一种来自这里 在重击之后
Either they came from here, after a violent blow.
另一种来自头部撞击
Or they resulted when the skull
棚顶的边缘
hit this roof ledge,
大约是这个地方
approximately here
第一种假设可能性不大
The first hypothesis is unlikely.
它与血迹的形状和运动方向不一致
It’s inconsistent with the shape and movement of the spatters.
那我们主要来看第二种假设
Focusing on the second hypothesis,
我们必须要把撞击顶棚边缘后反弹的冲击力
we must take into account the bounce caused by the impact
考虑在内
on the roof ledge.
我给大家播放一下我们现场试验的视频
I’ll show you a video of our in-situ tests.
你们看
There.
在我们用假人进行的情景再现中
As you can see in our reenactment with a dummy,
可以看到这种冲击力会使得人体的方向瞬间改变
such an impact causes the body to turn abruptly.
而在这种翻转或是转动过程中
And during that rollover, or spin,
在撞击之后极短的时间里
a fraction of a second after impact,
这部分表面出现了
these 3 spatters are projected
三处血迹
onto this surface.
唯一合理的解释是
The only valid explanation
马莱斯基先生是从阁楼的窗户坠落的
is that Mr. Maleski fell from the attic window.
我相信这是唯一
I believe it’s the only way
他可能会在棚顶经过反弹后落地
he could’ve bounced off the roof,
并受到这种损伤的方式
and sustained such an injury.
你非常谨慎地加上了”我相信”
You use the cautious qualifier “l believe”.
所以这是你的看法
So, it’s your opinion.
那你如何解释撞击 或你说的”反弹”处
How do you explain the lack of DNA or trace tissue
没有留下DNA和任何痕迹的问题
at the point of impact, or “bounce” as you call it?
我来展示给你看
I’ll show you.
这是我们在类似情况下
This is a test we carried out
进行的一个试验
under comparable conditions.
事发当时 棚顶厚厚的积雪下面
At the time of the incident, there was a layer of ice
有一层冰
underneath a thick layer of snow.
快进可以看到积雪正在融化
We see the snow melting in acceleration.
然后我们可以看到
And we can see,
在一小时五十分钟里 融化的积雪
during 1 hour and 50 minutes, that the runoff
把撞击点留下的痕迹全都带走了
takes with it all residue embedded at the point of impact.
最终形成了这下面的
It ends up with the blood
这块血迹
down here.
你认为重击的假设是”可能性很小”的
You call the violent blow hypothesis “improbable”.
你为什么认为它是不可能的
Would you call it impossible?
不是不可能 但可能性非常小
No, but highly improbable.
意思是还是有可能的
Meaning it is possible.
就和我有一天可能当总统一样
As it’s possible I’ll be president someday.
我知道这个词的意思
I know the definition.
它可能性小是有原因的
It’s improbable for a reason.
在你的假设中 为了解释
In your hypothesis, in order to explain the angle
那三道血迹的角度
of these 3 spatters,
马莱斯基先生的头部必须要
we have to imagine that Mr. Maleski’s head
超出护栏大约八十厘米的距离才有可能
was leaning way out, around 80 cm past the guardrail.
这意味着袭击者要迫使他
This implies the aggressor forced him
悬空向后倒
to lean backwards over the void,
把他往护栏外推
shoving him against the guardrail,
他的整个身体都是向外的
his entire torso pitched backwards.
那么袭击者也必然是向外倒的
The aggressor would have to be leaning very far out
同时手中拿着重物
while holding a heavy object
向受害者实施猛烈的击打
and striking the victim with powerful momentum.
这些要素加起来
All these elements,
再加上被告人的体重
in addition to the defendant’s body mass,
使得这个假设成立的可能性变得非常小
make this hypothesis highly improbable.
但并非完全不可能
But not impossible.
听我说 丹尼尔 我找你来是因为
Listen Daniel, I asked to see you because…
我知道你和本案有着既定的利益关系
I know you have a vested interest in this case.
到目前为止 我都允许你旁听庭审
I’ve allowed you to attend the trial so far.
但明天的内容
But tomorrow will be
将会更为复杂
far more complicated.
我们会涉及一些令人不适的细节
We’ll be covering some disturbing details,
所以我决定不让你旁听
so I’ve decided you won’t be attending.
我觉得我什么都可以听
I think I can hear anything.
什么
What?
我觉得我什么都可以听
I think I can hear anything.
是吗 – 我已经准备好了
Yeah? – I’m prepared.
你可以听 但你接受得了吗
You can hear it, but can you handle it?
我们需要完成我们的工作
We have a job to do.
我们需要平静地开展我们的工作
We need to be able to work… with serenity.
我从来没有干扰过庭审
I’ve never disrupted the trial.
干扰…
Disrupted…
我不是这个意思
That’s not the point.
我们需要非常直接地援引事实
We need to be able to evoke the facts bluntly.
我们要在不伤害你的前提下
We have to address everything,
解决所有的问题
without fear of hurting you.
我已经被伤害了
I’ve already been hurt.
所以我要…
And that’s why I need…
去旁听 这样我才能让这件事过去
to hear, so I can get past it.
庭审不是为了给你旁听的
The trial is not about you hearing.
而是为了在不用被迫进行自我审查的情况下
It’s about establishing the truth,
找出事实真♥相♥
without being forced to censor ourselves.
有谁进行自我审查了吗
When has anyone censored themselves?
就算你禁止我旁听
Even if you forbid me to come,
我还是会想办法知道的 我会从…
I’ll find out. I’ll know what happened
电视 广播和网络上知道发生了什么
from TV, radio, internet.
我会陷在里面的
I’ll be obsessed.
沃耶特女士 你声称
Kl Ms. Voyter, you claim
你先生在去世前六个月曾试图自杀
your husband attempted suicide 6 months before he died.
你还记得具体日期 这让人十分意外
You remembered late, which is quite surprising.
你能具体描述一下这件事吗
Can you describe the episode in detail?
这件事发生在他停药几周之后
It happened a few weeks after he stopped his medication.
那天一大早 我发现…
I found him lying on the floor…
他躺在他的房♥间的地上
early in the morning, in his room.
他…
He’d…
前一晚
had a lot to drink…
喝了很多酒 然后昏睡了过去
the night before, and passed out.
他吐了 在他的呕吐物中 我发现了阿司匹林
He’d vomited, and in the vomit, I saw aspirin.
药片已经几乎溶解了
The pills had nearly dissolved.
一开始我并不知道那是什么东西
At first I didn’t understand what it was.
但后来 我在厨房♥垃圾桶里
But later, I found…
发现了一些空的药片铝塑板
empty blister packs in the kitchen garbage.
我把房♥间打扫干净 把他扶上了床
I cleaned it all up and put him in bed.
后来
Later,
当他感觉好一点后
when he felt better,
他不愿意谈论这件事
he didn’t want to discuss it.
只是说他停药停得太快了
He just said he’d stopped his meds too soon.