音乐声真的非常大
The music was just very loud.
当它再次从头播放时
And when it started over,
我就知道它不会停了
I realized it wasn’t going to stop.
那样的话 采访很难进行下去
That made discussion difficult.
所以我
Sol..
宁愿暂停采访
I preferred to stop.
而且我确实也累了
And I was tired, yes.
我有点
And I felt a bit…
头晕 喝得微醺了
woozy, from the wine.
在她离开后 你却没问丈夫要个说法吗
Yet once alone, you didn’t ask him to explain his behavior?
我说过 他经常这么做
As I said, it was habitual.
不 不
No.
他在楼上干体力活时 你却在招待
You entertaining an attractive young woman
迷人的年轻女士 这可不经常 也不会不掺杂感情
while he toiled upstairs was neither habitual, nor neutral.
他知道你会被女性吸引 你不久前才出过轨
He knew you liked women. You’d recently cheated.
不好意思 你这是主观臆断
That’s beside the point.
还性别歧视
And sexist.
来访者换成迷人的男性 我也会说同样的话
I’d have said the same if she were an attractive man.
不好意思 但夫妇矛盾是案件的关键
Excuse me, but this couple’s conflicts matter here.
客观来说 当时的情况相当奇怪
The situation is objectively quite strange.
你说你回到楼上的房♥间工作并休息
You say you went upstairs to your room to work and sleep.
而房♥间上面紧挨着音乐声震耳欲聋的阁楼
Right below the attic with the deafening music.
音量大到采访无法继续进行
Music that had made the interview impossible.
房♥子那么大 你怎么偏偏选择那个房♥间
In that big house, you chose that spot?
没错 但那是我固定的工作地点 我总是在床上工作
Yes, that’s where I work. I always work in bed.
萨穆埃尔找你谈话时 你没抱怨吗
When Samuel came to talk to you, you didn’t complain?
一般人很难忍♥受头顶上方有震耳欲聋的音乐声
Deafening music overhead is hardly normal.
我习惯了 我不介意
I’m used to it, I don’t mind.
我要工作了就戴上耳塞
I wanted to work, I had my earplugs.
我平常就这么做
It was normal.
我在任何环境下都能工作
I can work in any situation.
你说过你累了 喝到微醺了
You said you were tired, woozy from the wine.
这样还要工作吗
Yet you wanted to work?
对
Yes.
我确实工作了 尽管时间不长
And I did. Not for long.
有一份翻译的交稿日期到了
A translation was due.
我想先做完再休息
I wanted to finish it before resting.
我也说了 我在任何环境 任何条件下都能工作
As I said, I can work in any environment, any condition.
显然 你也能在任何地方 任何时间休息
Apparently, you can also rest anywhere, anytime.
那么这就万事大吉了
So, all was well with the world.
我问完了
That’s all.
没有其他问题了
No further questions.
丹尼尔 你之前可不是这么说的
Daniel, that’s not what you told us.
佐埃·索利多尔看到你在她之后出门了
Zoe Solidor saw you leave the house after she left.
你妈妈说她是在那之后和你♥爸♥爸交谈的
And your mom says she spoke to your dad after that.
我记混了
I got mixed up.
你记混了
You got mixed up.
这其中显然有一个问题 丹尼尔
Indeed, there is a problem, Daniel.
对不对
Right?
你不可能同时出现在两个地方
You couldn’t be two places at once.
我出门后又回去了
I think I went back inside.
我不明白的是 你在情景再现之前给出了非常肯定的证词
What bothers me is how sure you were before the reenactment.
你在证词中表示
You said in your statement:
“不同的胶布触感不同
“Each piece of tape feels different.
“我不会感觉错的”
“I wouldn’t get it wrong.”
还有 “窗户开着 我就在正下方
And- “I was just below the open window.
“我知道我听到了”
“I know what I heard.”
然后 在情景再现时 你又给出了完全不同的说法
Then, during the reenactment, you said something else entirely.
这是怎么回事
How come?
我以为我记得自己在哪里 但是…
I thought I remembered where I was, but…
可能我后来受到的冲击太大 记忆错乱了
Maybe the shock of what happened next got me mixed up.
一位见过丹尼尔的精神科医生说
A psychiatrist who met with Daniel
情感冲击可能导致记忆混淆
says emotional shock may have altered some memories.
当然
Of course.
你现在能否记起你回屋的原因呢
Do you remember now why you came back inside?
我应该是忘带
I think I must’ve forgotten…
手套或手♥机♥了
my gloves or my phone.
但你不确定吧
But you’re not sure?
我记不太清了
I don’t remember exactly.
如此一来 你对事发当天的记忆
So, you went from absolute certainty to uncertainty
从非常确定变成了不确定
about your memories of that day.
你的提问方式很有问题
This is very problematic.
你从一处细节性的记忆问题
You’re fixating o,fi one detail in his memory
引申到对他全部记忆的怀疑
to cast doubt on his whole memory.
你想借此说服大家什么呢
What do you want us to believe?
想说人在受到冲击后 可能由激动转为平静吗
That shock may have turned yelling into calm voices?
你在暗示他为了保护母亲而说谎
You insinuate he lied to protect his mother.
没有
No.
我只是指出证人的疑点
I’m merely signaling the witness’s doubts.
我们是有权怀疑的
But we are entitled to wonder.
丹尼尔·马莱斯基说 他会在父母吵架时离开
Daniel Maleski says he would leave when his parents fought.
然而在事发当天 他碰巧
Whereas on that day, he happens to go out
在父母正欲吵架时出门了
right when an argument is likely to erupt.
这样 他就听不到吵架声了
Thus, he doesn’t hear a thing.
我不是碰巧出门 是为了远离音乐声
I didn’t happen to go out. I fled the music.
他非常确定自己听到了什么
And he’s very precise about what he heard.
从来没有改口过
17 never budged on that.
精神科医生和视力障碍专家
The psychiatrist 500 visual impairment experts
都发现丹尼尔有出色的听觉记忆
both observed Daniel’s excellent aural memory.
书♥记♥员 请展示
Clerk, please display
巴拉尔先生提供的要件
the elements provided by Mr. Balard.
请说
We’re listening
这里的决定性要件是棚屋上的
The decisive element here is the three blood spatters
三道血迹
on the woodshed,
如图所示
as indicated on the sketch.
可以把棚屋那部分放大吗
Can we zoom in on the woodshed?
它们的形状是典型的从上方溅落的形态
Their shape is typical of spatter projected from high above
又长又窄
They are long and narrow.
最长的有四厘米 可以说是很长了
The longest measures 4 centimeters, which is a lot.
所以 根据我们的实验
So, according to our tests,
这些血迹的产生只可能是因为
these spatters could only have landed here
马莱斯基先生在三楼阳台
Mr. Maleski was struck on the head
就被击打了头部
while on the 3rd floor balcony.
他肯定是身体探出了阳台
He would have to have been leaning over the balcony,
头部在受到击打时已经超出阳台很长的距离
his head already quite far out when the Blow was struck,
才会留下这样的血迹
for the splatter to land there.
不可能有其他解释
No other explanation stands.
马莱斯基先生是因为受到重击而坠落的吗
Did the violence of the blow make Mr. Maleski fall?
他很有可能…
Most likely,
是因为同时受到了重击
it was the combination of a violent blow
和蓄意的推搡
and a deliberate push.
你是否认为袭击者当时处在极度愤怒的状态
Would you say the aggressor was in a state of extreme anger,
并通过实施这样的重击来引起死者的坠落
to provoke a fall after administering such a violent blow?
我认为肯定处在愤怒的状态
A state of rage, I’d say.
不然无法解释
Hard to imagine anything less.
在这种状态下 体力会有所增强
Such states can increase physical strength.
护栏有1.2米高
The guardrail is 1.2 meters high.
大概到这个位置
Comes up to about here.
马莱斯基先生身高1米82
Mr. Maleski was 1.82 meters tall
体重85公斤
and weighed 85 kilos.
那么 要把他从护栏上推出去
So, pushing him over that guardrail
需要进行有预谋的推搡 对不对
would have required a very deliberate push, right?
整个行为都是蓄意的
The entire act was very deliberate.
这样的击打通常也是有意为之
Such a blow is always intentional.
我说有预谋的意思是
What I mean by very deliberate is…
这个动作是协调过的 有方法的
very coordinated. Methodical.
以他的体重 我们可以认为
Based on his weight, we can assume
要把他的腿抬起来才能让他摔出去
it was necessary to lift his legs to make him fall,
这在愤怒的状态下是无法做到的
which hardly suggests rage.
愤怒和决心并不冲突
Rage does not exclude will.