沃耶特阴沉的个性 她似乎过多呈现的
Voyter’s murky personality, the amoral, deceptive traits
不道德的欺骗性的特质
she seems to overplay…
一切都像是在看她的书一样
It all reads like her books.
我觉得他是怎么死的不重要
I don’t think it matters how he died.
一个作家杀了她的丈夫
The fact is, the idea of a writer killing her husband
远比一个老师自杀要吸引人
is far more compelling than a teacher killing himself.
如果要我想象我妈妈杀了他 我无法理解
If I imagine my mother doing it, I don’t understand.
但如果要我想象我爸爸是自杀的话
But if I imagine my father…
我觉得我可以理解
I think I can understand.
公诉人 还有问题吗
Prosecutor, any questions?
他用狗做的实验什么都不能证明
The experiment on his dog proves nothing.
没有文件记录
It’s not documented.
更有问题的是那些显得十分巧合的记忆
More problematic are these providential memories,
明显和我们在庭审期间听到的不一致
clearly jarred by what he heard during the trial.
没有一件事是可以令人信服地放在我们的时间线上的
No event can be placed convincingly on our timeline.
而马莱斯基死前六个月的时间线
The timeframe of 6 months before Maleski’s death
正是来自被告人自己的证词
comes from testimony given by the defendant herself.
我想知道…
I’d like to know…
你有没有想过
Did you ever wonder
你父亲那次过量服用药物
if the overdose your father supposedly took
不是因为他企图自杀
might’ve resulted not from a suicide attempt,
而是你母亲企图给他下药呢
but from an attempt by your mother to poison him?
我不是在指控 只是为了表达我的观点
I’m not accusing, just making a point.
那么 把这些疑虑考虑进去的话
So, taking these speculations,
为什么会选择这一方 而不是另一方呢
why choose one over the other?
你的记忆只能证明结果 不能证明原因
Your memories speak to the consequences, not the causes.
是的 我想过这一点 但…
Yes. I thought about that, but…
我想不出任何她要这么做的理由
I don’t see why she would’ve done it.
当我们缺乏证据
It feels like when we lack proof
来确定一件事真的发生时
to make us sure how something happened,
我们要进行更深入的调查 就像庭审正在做的那样
we have to look further, as the trial is doing.
如果我们进行了全面的调查 仍然无法理解
When we’ve looked everywhere and still don’t understand
这件事是怎么发生的
how the thing happened,
那我觉得我们应该想想它为什么会发生
I think we have to ask why it happened.
谢谢你 丹尼尔
Thank you, Daniel.
你说完了吗
Are you finished?
没有
No.
我还有别的东西要说
I want to say something else.
当时因为狗病了好几天 我和爸爸就带它去看兽医
Since my dog was sick for days, Dad and I went to the vet.
爸爸在车里很沉默
Dad was really quiet in the car.
连音乐都没有放 他以往都会放音乐
He didn’t even play music. He usually always does.
过了一会儿 他开始和我聊史努卜
After a while, he started talking about Snoop.
他说
He said,
“你知道吗 它会生病
“You know, he could get sick.
“甚至会死 你知道的吧 你要做好准备”
“Even die. You know that. You need to be ready.”
我不想听这些
I didn’t want to hear that.
史努卜已经好多了 它还小
Snoop was doing better. He was still young.
它从来没有生病过
He’d never been sick.
我跟他说 它不会死的
I told him he wasn’t going to die.
但他还是继续说
But he kept going.
他说 “你要知道这一点 总有一天会发生的
He said, “You need to be aware of it. It’ll happen someday.
“而且史努卜总是很累的样子并不奇怪
“And it’s no wonder Snoop gets tired.
“按狗的年龄 它已经不小了
“He’s not so young in dog years.
“你能想象它的生活吗
“Can you imagine his life?
“它不是随便一只什么狗
“He’s not just any dog.
“它是一只优秀的狗
“He’s a great dog.
“了不起的狗
“An outstanding
“你想啊 它会预判你的需要
“Think about it. He anticipates your needs,
“预判你的行动
“foresees your movements,
“保证你的安全
“keeps you safe from danger.
“它一生都在猜想你的需求
“He spends his life imagining your needs,
“思考有什么是你看不见的
“thinking about what you can’t see.
“也许它累了
“Maybe he’s tired
“它总是在照顾别人
“Always caring for others.
“也许有一天 它会死去
“Maybe one day, he’ll be done.
“那是有可能的”
“That could happen.”
我还记得最后
And I remember at the end,
他说 “有一天
he said, “One day,
“到了它该离开的时候 它就会离开
“when it’s time for him to go, he’ll go.
“你无能为力 做好准备吧 你会很难过的
“You won’t be able to help it. Prepare yourself, it’ll be hard.
“但那不会是你无法承受的事”
“But it won’t be the end of your life.”
他在说他自己
He meant himself.
现在…
Now…
现在我知道了 他是在说他自己
Now I know he meant himself.
我恳请陪审员牢记这一点
I implore the jurors to bear in mind
这个故事是极为主观的
this story is extremely subjective.
它无论如何都不能作为任何形式的证据
In no way does it qualify as any form of proof.
好的 塞尔日 我们还在格勒诺布尔法♥院♥外
Yes Serge, we are still outside the courthouse in Grenoble.
庭审原本应该在上周五结束
The trial was scheduled to end on Friday.
但桑德拉·沃耶特的儿子丹尼尔
but Sandra Voyter’s son Daniel
坚持要在今天早上再次出庭作证
insisted on testifying again this morning.
陪审团仍然…
The jury is still…
沃耶特女士 在宣判无罪之后
Ms. Vaoyter, how do you feel…
您是什么感觉
after being acquitted?
庭审期间已经说了太多的话了
There were too many words in this trial.
我现在没有想说的
I’ve nothing more to say.
我想给我儿子打个电♥话♥ 然后回家
I want to call my son and go home.
当然 我非常感谢一直信任我的律师
Obviously I thank my lawyers, who always believed in me.
伦齐先生 您现在是不是松了一口气
Mr. Renzi, are you relieved?
我十分认可陪审团的决定
I commend the jury,
他们明白桑德拉·沃耶特是什么样的人
who saw Sandra Voyter as she is…
马尔热 我是桑德拉
Marge, it’s Sandra.
对 真的太好了 我们都松了一口气
Yes, it’s incredible, we’re relieved.
丹尼尔想和我说话吗
Does Daniel want to talk to me?
当然 他一定很累了
Of course, he must be tired,
我理解
I understand.
那他介意我今晚回家吗
Does he mind if I come home tonight?
还是说明天比较好
Would he prefer tomorrow, or…
那我们去吃点晚餐 然后我就回家 一会儿见
We’ll get some dinner, then I’ll be home. See you then.
我要喝一杯
I need a drink.
再来一杯
Another!
你们都…
Do you always…
你们打赢官司之后都这样吗
When you win, do you always do this?
我们从来没赢过
We never win.
这是我们这辈子第一次打赢官司
That’s the fucking first time in our life we win!
不是吧 – 是的
No! – Yes!
你跟我说你是个好律师
You told me you’re a good lawyer.
不是这样的
No, it’s not true!
这个不辣
It’s not spicy.
你一定要尝尝这个菜
You have to try this, really.
我们吃太多了
We ate too much.
我要吐了
I’m gonna throw up.
出去抽根烟
A quick smoke first.
马上就回来
Be right back.
你先请
You first.
很不容易吧
It’s not so easy, huh?
骨头好多
With all the bones, and…
吃完就回家?
After this, we go?
你准备好回家了吗
Ready to go home?
我可以开车 我可以送你回去
I can drive, I can drive you.
再来一杯
One more.
走之前最后一杯
For the road.
当然 开车前再来一杯
Of course, for the driver.
一样的吗
Same?
能不能再给我
Can I just get
两杯这个 谢谢
two more of these? Thanks.
敬你
To you.
你还好吗
Are you alright?
跟我说说
Tell me.
我只是…我以为
I just, I thought…