只有我和你吗
Just you and me?
是这个意思吗
Is that it?
你确定吗
Are you sure?
我们可以想想其他办法 房♥子很大
We can find other solutions. It’s a big house.
我想要她离开这里
I want her to leave.
我刚刚和丹尼尔谈了谈
I just spoke to Daniel.
他希望这周末他可以一个人待着
He wants to be alone this weekend.
直到庭审结束
Until the end of the trial.
这是你想要的吗
Is that what you want?
是因为你今天听到的东西吗
Is it because of what you heard today?
我之前没有机会和你说这些事
I couldn’t talk to you about all that before.
他们不允许我和你说这些
We weren’t allowed to…
不可以说和庭审相关的事
No trial talk.
我知道 我只是在和我儿子说话
I know, I’m just talking to my son.
我完全理解你想要静一静
I totally understand that you need calm.
我可以做我自己的事 不打扰你
I can mind my own business, keep to myself.
你不想说话我就不和你说话 我们可以试试这种方式吗
I won’t talk to you if you don’t want. Can we try that?
请不要说英语
No speaking English.
你可以和我说话的
You can talk to me.
我们就不能讨论一下 然后你再决定吗
Couldn’t you and I discuss this, and then you decide?
我认为他已经决定了
I think he’s made his decision.
好吧 我去拿一下我的东西
Yeah, I’ll just get my stuff.
有人说过
Somebody said,
钱固然不能买♥♥到快乐
of course money doesn’t make you happy,
但坐在车里哭总比在地铁上哭要好
but it’s still better to cry in a car than in a subway.
谁说的
Who said that?
我不知道
1 don’t know.
对不起
Sorry.
吃吧
Go on.
吃完
Eat up.
史努卜…
Snoop…
马尔热!
Marge!
马尔热 快来!
Marge. come quick, please!
怎么了
What is it?
我给它吃了阿司匹林 我闯祸了
I gave him aspirin, I messed up bad.
你给它吃了阿司匹林? – 对
You gave him aspirin? – Yes!
它吃了多少
How much?
八片还是十片 我记不清了
8 or 10, I can’t remember.
很多
A lot.
快让它吐出来
Make him vomit.
你为什么要这么做
Why’d you do that?
快让它吐出来
Make him vomit!
拜托 – 好 稍等
Please! – Ok, hang on.
“给狗催吐”
“Make a dog vomit.”
稍等
Hang on.
我们要用盐水 我马上就回来
We need saltwater. Be right back.
它不动了
He’s not moving.
丹尼尔 来帮我一下
Daniel, help me.
把它的嘴打开
Open his mouth.
小心点
Easy.
好样的
That’s right.
好了
That’s good.
它缓过来了
He’s coming around.
这是怎么了 – 它要吐了
What’s happening? – He’s going to vomit.
这就对了
That’s it.
它会没事的
He’ll be ok.
乖狗狗
Good dog.
它没事了 它在呼吸 在看着我们
He’s ok, he’s breathing. Looking at us.
你能解释一下吗
Can you explain?
你知道 我…
You know, I…
我从来没有听说过…
I’d never heard about…
我爸爸试图自杀这件事
my dad’s suicide attempt.
我从来没有听说过…
I’d never heard about…
心理医生 吃药…
the shrink, the medicine…
呕吐还有阿司匹林这些事
the vomit and aspirin.
我妈妈在说的时候 我想起了
When my mom talked about it, I remembered something
那时候的一些事情
from around that time.
有天早上
One morning,
史努卜躺在我房♥间的地板上
Snoop was lying on my bedroom floor.
一动不动 身上有呕吐物的味道
Not moving. He smelled like vomit.
我猜它应该是吐过了
I figured he’d vomited.
我把它的口鼻都清理干净了
I cleaned his muzzle.
我想它应该是…
I figured he’d…
我不知道 中了病毒还是什么的 因为…
I don’t know, caught a virus or something, because…
它好几天都不太对劲
he acted strange for days.
只会睡觉和喝水
He just slept or drank.
你明白吗 现在我觉得它可能是吃了我爸爸的呕吐物
See? Now I’m thinking maybe he ate my dad’s vomit,
是那东西让它生病的 “那”使他生病,
and “that” made him sick,
这就说明妈妈说的是事实
and Mom told the truth!
所以我用阿司匹林做实验
So my experiment with the aspirin
是为了看看它的反应
was to see how he’d react.
现在你看到了
And you saw.
它睡了十四个小时 现在不停地在喝水
He slept for 14 hours. Now he’s drinking all the time.
它身上的味道也一模一样
He smells exactly the same!
全部!
Everything!
全部一模一样
Everything’s exactly the same!
但是从…
But since…
从昨天开始 我已经不确定我是不是相信她了
since yesterday, I’m not sure if I believe her or not.
我知道他们会吵架 但是…
I knew they fought, but…
他们不会…
It wasn’t…
我觉得他们不会动手
I didn’t think it was that violent.
你的记忆是你可以确定的东西
Your memories are all you’re sure of,
一定要告诉陪审团
and it’s important to tell the jury.
但你只是一个证人
But you’re just a witness.
你觉得是她杀了他吗
Do you think she could’ve killed him?
这轮不到我来判断
1 4 It’s not for me to judge.
我知道 但至少你可以告诉我
I know, [Plig%ou could at least tell me!
我不能回答这个问题 我的职责是保护你
I can’t answer that. My role is to protect you…
帮帮我吧!
Fucking help me!
其实
Actually,
当我们缺乏某个要件来评判
when we lack an element
而这个要件又十分重要时
to judge something, and the lack is unbearable,
我们只能作出自己的判断
all we can do is decide.
你明白吗
You see?
想要摆脱疑虑 有时候我们不得不…
To overcome doubt, sometimes we have to…
决定偏向其中的某一方
decide to sway one way rather than the other.
当你需要相信一件事 但存在两种选择时
Since you need to believe one thing but have two choices,
你必须作出选择
you must choose.
所以要相信什么取决于你自己?
So you have to invent your belief?
从某种程度上来说是这样的
Yes, well… in a sense.
所以说 如果我并不确定
So that means, I’m not sure…
按你的意思的话 我要假装我确定吗
and you’re saying I have to pretend, I’m sure?
不是 我的意思是要作出自己的判断
No, I’m saying decide.
那是不一样的
That’s different.
让我印象深刻的是 我不知道谁更擅长表达自己的情感
What strikes me is we don’t know who’s more lyrical.
是作者还是她笔下的人物 – 毫无疑问两者都是
The author or the character? – Both, no doubt!
沃耶特擅长混乱
Voyter plays with confusion.
她的第二本书更进一步
Her second book goes further,
描述了她父亲对第一本书的厌恶
telling how her father couldn’t stand the first.
没错
Undoubtedly true.
他们的分歧不断加深 迫使她离开了自己的国家
The rift degenerates, forcing her to leave her country.
她非常害怕父亲的愤怒 陷入了可怕的幻觉中
Fearing her father’s rage, . she falls prey to horrifying visions.
我发现她在一次采访中说过这样一句让人忐忑不安的话
I found this troubling quote – in an interview. She says,
“我的工作就是掩盖痕迹
“My job is to cover the tracks,
“从而让虚构摧毁现实”
“so fiction can destroy reality.”
对 而且人们对萨穆埃尔·马莱斯基案
Yes, and what excites people
感到兴奋的原因是
about the Samuel Maleski case,
它似乎来源于她的一本书
is that it seems to come from one of her hooks.
让人觉得她已经把它写在了书里
It feels like she’s already written it.
就连关于他死亡的猜疑 他死亡的方式
Even the doubts around his death, the way he died,