但我们是在冒险将想象当作事实
We risk turning this fantasy into a reality
就因为在马莱斯基先生去世前一天
simply because there was indeed a fight
他们确实发生了冲突
the day before Mr. Maleski died.
不要把前一天替换为事发当天
Don’t substitute the day before for the next day
我们不能用假设来填补空白
We can’t fill the blanks with a supposition,
就因为我们有前一天的录音 没有当天的
simply because we have sounds for one and not the other.
沃耶特女士
Ms. Voyter,
在你被告知之前 你知道他录音了吗
did you know he’d recorded you before you were told?
不知道 但我知道他经常会录下生活的片段
No, but I knew that he often recorded moments of our lives.
他不是每次都告诉你吗
He didn’t always let you know?
那些录音都是什么内容
What were these recordings?
一开始他会提
At first, he would mention it.
过一段时间之后 他会在我们不知情的情况下录音
After a while, he did it without us knowing.
他会录对话
He recorded conversations,
丹尼尔的钢琴课
Daniel’s piano lessons,
有时候会录他的自言自语
and sometimes just himself, talking to himself.
我觉得他是在收集素材 来让自己重新开始写作
I think he wanted to gather material to help him start writing again.
现在回想起来 他有可能
Now, with hindsight, it seems possible
是为了录音而故意挑起这次争吵的
that he could have provoked this fight just to record it.
等等 你在暗示你是一个扭曲的男人的受害者吗
Wait, are you implying you’re the victim of a twisted man?
你说什么
Seriously?
他偷录她的话 这是一个合理的问题
He recorded her in secret. It’s a valid question.
你忘记了这是在不正当的情况下
You forget the situation is perverse.
现在被告成了受害者了
Now the victim is on trial!
不是 但我的委托人说的有道理
No, but my client has a point.
你能不能解释一下他说的出轨是什么意思
Can you explain what he means by cheating,
他是怎么发现的
and how he found out?
他翻看了我的手♥机♥ 发现了
He went through my phone and discovered messages
我那年年初认识的一位女性的短♥信♥
from a woman I’d met at the beginning of that year.
你说的”认识”是什么意思
What do you mean by “met”?
我们发生了两次关系
It was sexual, we slept together twice.
两次?
Twice?

Yes.
录音里你说一次
On the recording you said once.
意思是和同一个人
It meant with just one person.
等等
Hang on…
萨穆埃尔说你过去有过许多次婚外情
Samuel mentions numerous affairs in the past.
听起来你经常出轨
It sounds like you cheated constantly.
不是这样的
That’s not true.
丹尼尔出事那年我有过几次一♥夜♥情♥
I had a few flings the year of Daniel’s accident.
那不算出轨 因为萨穆埃尔知道
It wasn’t cheating. because Samuel knew.
他每次都是怎么发现的
He found out each time?
是我告诉他的
No, [ told him.
那一年过得很不容易
It was a tricky year.
你想让我们相信那是他默许的吗
You want us to believe he agreed to it?
我没有那么说 我只是说我对此很诚实
I’m not saying that, I’m saying I was honest about it.
你对诚实的解读很有意思
Interesting take on honesty.
但在他去世的这年 你不再对他诚实了 为什么
But the year he died you quit being honest, why?
因为情况不一样了
Things were different.
我觉得那时候告诉他的话 对他的伤害可能太大了
I felt that it would hurt him too much at that time.
因为你爱那个女人?
Because you had feelings for that woman?
不是 我觉得会伤害他是因为他很脆弱
No, I felt it would hurt him because he was fragile.
就像我说的 我和她只是发♥生♥关♥系♥而已
As I said, with her it was just sexual.
我爱的人是萨穆埃尔
The person I had feelings for was Samuel.
你对爱的解读很有意思
Interesting take on feelings.
我在试图理解
I’m trying to understand.
一开始你们同意进行开放式婚姻
At first you agreed on an open relationship,
后来改变了 是吗
then that changed?
我都不知道那是什么意思
I don’t even know what that means, I’m sorry.
不是的 我们从来没有那样的约定
No, we never had that kind of agreement.
在出事之后 我们都在想办法好起来
After the accident, we were both trying to feel better.
我需要那样做来让自己振作起来
I needed that to keep it together,
而且我很坦诚
and I was honest.
但之后你不再坦诚 然后他指责了你
But then you quit being honest, and he held you accountable.
他听起来并不脆弱
He doesn’t sound “fragile”.
你是否认为他当时是嫉妒了 – 是的
Do you admit he was jealous? – Yes.
他会执着于这件事吗
Had he become obsessed?
不会 我不知道
No. I don’t know…
他受了伤 这一点是真的
He was hurt, that’s true.
有时我们吵架的时候 他会提起这件事
Sometimes when we fought he brought it up.
但他不会总想着它
But he didn’t think about it all the time.
根据你的逻辑 萨穆埃尔所有的问题都是我的错
According to your logic, all Samuel’s problems were my fault.
不是那样的 他的痛苦来自更深层的地方
That’s not true. His pain came from a deeper place.
根据”他”的逻辑 那都怪你 我们都听到了
According to “his” logic you’re to blame, as we heard.
他说他的作品被剽窃了是什么意思
What does he mean when he says his work was plundered?
没有剽窃这么一说
No, there wasn’t any plundering.
在他弃写的书里 有一个很有意思的段落
In the book that he abandoned, there was an interesting passage…
一个段落? 有几页
” A passage? OW many pages?
大概二十页
About 20.
二十七页
27.
那只是一个粗略的提纲 我觉得那个想法很妙
It was just a rough outline. I thought the idea was brilliant.
你能简要说一下吗
Can you summarize it?
我们真的要进行文学辩论吗
Must we enter into a literary debate?
这不是文学的 这是具体的
This isn’t literary, it’s concrete.
这是他们冲突的核心
It’s the heart of their conflict.
我不知道我要怎么以其他方式向陪审员展示
I don’t know how else to present it to the jurors.
我也不知道
Nor do I.
请继续
Proceed.
它讲的是一个人想象如果没有那场导致他哥哥死亡的意外
It was about a guy imagining how his life would’ve been
他的生活会是什么样的
without the accident that killed his brother.
他有一天醒来 发现自己身处两个不同的现实
He wakes up and finds himself in two different realities.
在一个现实中 那场意外是他生活的中心
In one, the accident is the center of his life.
在另一个现实中 意外没有发生
In the other, it never happened.
我告诉萨穆埃尔我很喜欢
I told Samuel I loved it.
他把他当时写的都给我看了
He had me read everything he wrote back then.
在那之后不久 他放弃了整本书
Soon after, he abandoned the whale book.
我问他我能不能使用那个桥段 他同意了
I asked him if I could use the idea and he said yes.
他不可能同意 他说那是剽窃
He couldn’t have, he calls it plundering.
那是在吵架
It’s an argument.
人在吵架的时候会夸大和扭曲事实
People exaggerate and alter facts when they argue.
但是他的书成了你的书《日蚀》 这么说并没有夸大
It’s no exaggeration to say his book became yours: “Eclipse”.
我只是用了这个想法而已
All I took was this idea.
我的人物是一位女子和她的女儿
My characters are a woman and her daughter,
而且我把故事进行扩写
and I developed the story
一共有三百多页
over 300 pages.
难道还要我和你解释提纲和小说的区别吗
Must I tell you the difference between an outline and a novel?
他同意了的
He agreed to it.
而且他在读的时候 他说我用了非常不同的写法
And when he read it, he said I did something very different.
对 我们吵架的时候他有时会提起这件事
Sometimes yes, when we argued it came out, because…
因为他为自己没有写成感到沮丧
he was upset because he couldn’t write.
我们可以确定的是他确实”提起了这件事”
The only thing we know for sure is that “it came out”.
你们两个人…
Did the two of you…
在他死亡前夕有没有争吵
argue again before the time of his death?
气氛肯定非常紧张
It must’ve been very tense.
我们…
We were…
我们两个人都非常心烦意乱
we were both really shaken.
我们都不与对方来往 萨穆埃尔当时…
We were both keeping to ourselves and Samuel was…
不知道怎么说 感觉有什么东西不见了
I don’t know, something was gone.
他精疲力竭 他的精气神没了
He was depleted, his energy was just gone.
在音频中 我听到萨穆埃尔·马莱斯基的争吵非常有力
In the audio, I hear Samuel Maleski arguing strenuously.
我听到的是一个决心要掌握自己生活主动权的男人
I hear a man determined to regain control of his life.
绝不是一个决定要放弃生命的人
In no way a man who has decided to give up.
萨穆埃尔的心理医生说他在他们最后几次咨♥询♥中非常好斗
Samuel’s psychiatrist said he was combative in their last sessions.
你会在为自己争取时间和自尊之后自杀吗
Do you kill yourself after fighting for time and self-esteem?
你会在如此激烈和积极地争取关系中的
Do you kill yourself after pleading so fiercely and energetically
平衡和公正之后自杀吗 不会的
for balance and justice in your relationship? No.
这是自杀理论中的主要瑕疵
That’s the main flaw in the suicide theory.
你说他显得”精疲力竭”
You say he seemed “depleted”.
他的精气神没了
His energy was gone.
我可以读几段沃耶特女士的新书《黑房♥子》里的话吗
May I read from one of Ms. Voyter’s recent books, “The Black House”?