丹尼尔当时由他照看
Daniel was on his watch.
你的儿子几乎丧失了视力
Your son practically lost his sight,
而你只怨恨了他几天?
and you only resented him for a few days?
对 因为他对意外负有责任
Yes, about his responsibility for the accident.
当然
Of course.
医生之前说这是个悲惨的遭遇
The doctor earlier said something about a tragic situation.
我当下就拒绝以那种方式来看待
I immediately refused to see it that way.
我从来不觉得丹尼尔是残疾的
I never saw Daniel as handicapped.
我想要保护他 不让他受这种看法的影响
I wanted to protect him from that perception.
一旦你这样标记一个孩子 那你就是迫使他
As soon as you mark a child that way, you condemn him
无法♥正♥确看待他自己的人生
to not see his life as his own,
但其实 孩子应该感受到这是他最好的人生
whereas he should feel that it’s his best life
因为这就是他唯一拥有的人生
because it’s the only life he’s got,
这是他自己的人生
it is his own.
他看书
He reads books,
他和其他孩子一样上网
he goes on social media like any other kid,
他弹钢琴
he plays the piano,
他做梦 他哭泣 他欢笑
he dreams, he cries, he laughs.
他是一个非常活泼的孩子
He’s a very lively kid.
他挺好的
He’s ok.
所以 也许
So perhaps, I…
我因为萨穆埃尔把自己的痛苦投射到丹尼尔身上而怨恨他
I resented Samuel for projecting his own pain onto Daniel, yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
我要喝到天亮
I want to drink all night.
我也是
Yeah, same.
我会喝酒
I will drink.
来忘记
To forget.
你是唯一一个律师…
You’re the only lawyer…
又来了
Ok, once again.
你真的是我认识的唯一一个律师
No. you’re really the only lawyer I know.
所以你就这样把你的生命交付到别人手里了吗
Is it a great reason for putting your life in someone’s hands?
是吗 – 不是 但你是个厉害的律师
ls it? – No, but you’re good too.
对吧 你很厉害吧
Right? You’re good.
我不知道
I don’t know.
你看起来像只狗
You look like a dog.
你说什么
Excuse me?
不是 漂亮的狗
No, a beautiful dog.
怎么说来着
How do you say it?
巴吉度犬?
A basset?
真好笑 如果我没法把这个人想象成一种动物
Funny you say that. I can’t trust someone
我就无法信任这个人
if I can’t put an animal’s head on them.
真的吗 那我是什么动物
Really? So what am 1?
我还不确定
I’m not sure yet.
都这么久了
After all this time,
你还不知道吗
you still don’t know?
你还记得我们第一次见面那时候的我吗
Do you remember me from before, when we first met?
我当然记得
Yes I do, of course.
我不记得了 我那时候是什么样子的
I don’t. What was I like?
你有一点迷茫
You were a little bit lost,
我记得这一点
as I can remember.
孤独
Lonely.
还有…
And…
野心勃勃
ambitious.
而我爱到无可救药
And I was hopelessly in love.
我一点都不记得了
I can’t remember a thing.
我是无辜的 你知道的 对吧
But I’m innocent. You know that, right?
我说真的
I mean really.
我不知道你在想什么
I don’t know what you’re thinking.
我想的很多事情我都没有告诉你
1 think a lot of things I don’t tell you.
不然你会把我开除的
Otherwise, you’d fire me.
不是 樊尚
No, Vincent.
在你脑子里 你想的是…
In your head, you’re thinking…
有时当你看着我的时候 就像现在
Sometimes when you look at me, just like right now,
我能感觉到你在审判我
I can feel that you’re judging me.
我不知道你在想什么
I don’t know what you think.
桑德拉 我相信你
Sandra, I believe you.
我没有审判你
I’m not judging you.
亲爱的
My love,
我希望你知道一件事
I just want you to know…
我不是…
I’m not…
我不是那个怪物 你知道吗
I’m not that monster, you know?
你在庭审的时候听到的一切
Everything you hear in the trial,
都只是…
it’s just…
都是扭曲的
It’s twisted.
事实不是那样的
It wasn’t like that.
你♥爸♥爸…
Your father…
你♥爸♥爸是我的灵魂伴侣
Your father was my soulmate.
我们选择了彼此 我爱他
We chose each other, and [ loved him.
但这要怎么证明呢
But how do you prove that?
我只是希望你可以屏蔽这一切 你只要…
I just wish you would be shielded from all this, that you could do…
我希望你只要做孩子做的事就行了
that you could do children’s stuff,
我希望你可以当一个孩子再久一点
that you could be a child just a little longer.
全体起立
All rise!
请坐
You may be seated.
首先
We’ll begin
我们将有请首席调查员来到庭审席
by calling the Chief Investigator to the bar.
他坚持要你去 很重要的事
He insists, it’s important.
请坐
You may be seated.
首席调查员已经来到现场
The Chief Investigator has surely arrived,
那我们就从他开始
so we’ll start with him.
书♥记♥员 请出示三十一号♥证物
Clerk. please cue Exhibit 31.
法警 请将录音文本
Bailiff, prepare to hand out
分发给陪审员
the transcription of the recording to the jurors.
书♥记♥员?
Clerk?
那你要我怎么做 这是工作
What can I do? It’s part of the job.
你要自己想办法安排
Organize yourself differently.
我不会取消的
I’m not going to cancel.
你要我自己怎么安排
How can I organize on my own?
你知道我们要一起做计划的
You know we have to plan things together.
要是你不在家 我没法不照顾丹尼尔
I won’t leave Daniel alone because you’re gone.
那就让莫妮卡照顾他 有什么大不了的呢
Leave him with Monica, what’s the big deal?
一周三天?
Three days a week?
我们要付她钱的
We’d have to pay her for that.
我们付不起
We can’t afford it.
我需要时间
I need time.
几个小时是不够的
Not just a few hours.
我一整年都需要有整块的时间留给自己
I’m talking about blocking out time for myself for the whole year.
这样下去是不行的
This isn’t working for me anymore.
你自己想办法安排 你自己决定
Organize your time differently, it’s up to you.
你上一次辅♥导♥他写作业是什么时候
When’s the last time you helped him do his homework?
很多事情你都不关心 那就是我说的时间
So many things you don’t care about. That’s the time I mean.
亲爱的 我的书刚出版 现在的情况是暂时的
Darling, the book just came out. You know it’s just this time.
It’s always “just this time”.
你总是说暂时的
不管是新书出版还是你在写作
Whether you have a book out, or you’re writing,
还是你需要时间构思
or you need space to figure out what to write.
这么多年来我都在听从你的安排!
I’ve been following your lead for years!
我没法用我的时间做任何事
I can’t do anything with my time.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
那不是我的时间 那是你的时间
It’s not my time, it’s yours!
是我强迫你去教书的吗
Do I force you to teach?
是我强迫你在家辅♥导♥丹尼尔的吗
Do I force you to homeschool Daniel?
没有人强迫你
No one’s forcing you.
如果你想要更多的时间 我从来没有阻止你
If you want more time, I’ve never stopped you.
你是认真的吗
Are you fucking serious?
为了能有更多的时间 我把我的课程量减半
I cut my course load in half to gain more time
但时间还是不够
and it’s still not enough.
我还要把房♥子装♥修♥完 还要处理其他所有事情
I have to finish the renovation, and I’m dealing with everything else!
为什么你拒绝谈论这件事呢
Why do you refuse to talk about it?
为什么你不愿意承认
Why can’t you just admit it has to do
这和我们的分工有关系呢
with how things are divided between us?