例如?等着瞧
Such as? You will see.
她还有一股谜样的异乡气质
She also has a rather intriguing strangeness.
可能只是健忘症的原因
Of course, that may be simply the result of amnesia.
他的惊喜喔,他找到的
Him and his surprises. If he were looking for a grand duke,
不见得怎样 西潘
he wouldn’t find so many. Stepan!
带她进来
Bring her in.
过来这里
Come over here.
别怕,他们是我的朋友
Don’t worry. These two gentlemen are friends.
过来坐
Here. Sit down.
喝杯伏特加补补身体
How about a glass of vodka? It’ll do you good.
谢谢
Thank you.
别怕,他们只是检查
There’s nothing to fear. They merely want to examine you.
检查?他们是医生?
Examine? Are they doctors?
是也没用 医生?不
They don’t help. Doctors? No.
他们不是医生
They are not doctors.
可惜不是红发的
No, no. We should have kept the redhead.
公主喝酒也很没品味
The tzar’s daughter drinks like a Cossack.
给我烟好吗?给
May I have a cigarette? Sure. Here.
这是什么地方?我说过是朋友的住所
Where am I? I told you. With friends.
奇怪 怎样?
Strange. – What?
和别的很相似 对,都是女的
The resemblance to the other. Yes. Both female.
你们知道她的境遇吗?
Have you gentlemen considered what she went through?
流落街头吧,我能想像她的走姿
The streets, probably. I can imagine her walk.
起立 你说什么?
Stand up. What did you say?
我叫你起立
Ho, ho, ho! I said, “Stand up.”
我们想看你走去那,不介意的话
We would like to see you walk over to there, if you please.
嗯,红发至少还可以染
Mm, no. At least with the redhead, we could have dyed her hair.
但走姿?公主走路是头顶着书本的
But a walk? The grand duchesses learned with books on their heads.
光是步态就不及格
You could recognize them by their carriage alone.
哦,石壁
Oh. Stone walls.
她在说什么?切诺夫?
What’s she talking about? – Chernov?
你12年前认识的那个簿记
That bookkeeper who nearly ruined you 12 years ago in the forgery affair…
你现在能认出他的步态吗?
Would you recognize his walk today?
你能认出你十年前女友的笑容吗
Would you recognize the smile of a girl you knew 10 years ago?
不大可能 两个傻瓜
I didn’t think of that. You are both fools.
你们就当她是真的公主在检查
You’re examining her as if she was the real Anastasia.
根本没安娜斯塔西娅了
There is no Anastasia.
她十年前被枪决队枪毙了
She was shot to death 10 years ago by a firing squad.
我们不是在找她
We’re not looking for her, gentlemen.
而是像样的翻版
We’re seeking only a reasonable facsimile.
她那样根本不像话
Reasonable, yes. But that is unreasonable.
有点建设性吧
Please. Let’s be constructive.
委员会会怎么说?
What will the committee say?
他们大都见过真的 又怎样?
Most of them have seen the original. How?
隔着宫庭的包厢?
At a court ball, from a balcony?
在教堂的闪耀烛影下?
In church, by candlelight, flickering shadows?
你跟很多人也都在远方见过她
Yes, you saw her. Many saw her from a distance.
或是报纸上 流亡法国的仆人怎么办?
Or in the newspapers. What about the servants? Some of them are here in exile.
他们会再流下伤心的眼泪
They saw her through devoted tears, and they will again.
好吧,那家族…若是近亲就没话讲
All right, and the family… The family? If it was the immediate family,
我要试一试,因为他们都死了
I would not try it… But they are dead.
你还记得你亲戚的容貌吗?
And do you have faith in the memories of uncles, aunts, cousins?
我不会 没印象
I don’t. You have faith in nothing.
他们会躲在卧室偷偷比照像片
They will closet themselves in their bedrooms and secretly peer at yellow photographs
那女人很相像 那个?
which that woman will resemble. That?
对,下巴往上抬
Yes, that. Rouge will turn the mouth up a bit.
抹点粉,新发型
Some powder, a new coiffure.
衣着改个款式
Dresses to suggest the other period.
教导步态和礼仪,灌输人名和地名
Walk, manner, voice taught along with faces, names, places.
不如叫她躺棺材里
It would be easier if we could present her to the committee
呈给委员会
lying in her coffin.
对,不问,不答,没差错
Yes, no questions, no answers, no mistakes.
也没钱
No money, either.
我现在知道了
I know. Now I know!
知道什么?士兵到这地窖来枪杀我
Know what? It’s a cellar. You brought me down here to shoot me!
你疯了?地窖
Are you mad? It’s a cellar!
你着魔了,坐下
This is absurd. Sit down. No!
你着魔了,坐下
Sit down, I said!
非常好,非常好
Pretty good, pretty good.
有待加强磨练 什么?
A little more rehearsal, perhaps. What?
他教她真正的公主在地窖遇害
He told her how the real one was shot in a cellar and instructed-
别傻,我完全没教她
Don’t be stupid. I told her nothing.
她绝不是文盲
The woman can undoubtedly read.
而且地窖遇害的事记载很多
And certainly, enough has been written describing their death in the cellar.
有人说她没死
Some say she did not die.
哪来的消息?
Huh? Where did you get that?
像他说的:从书上,或我听过的
From a book, or a story I was told.
谣传和耳语
A rumor, a whisper.
真的是…
Or it happened.
不是,那女的太什么了
It did not, and that woman is too-too something.
疯狂,聪明,狡猾
Too crazy, too clever, too tricky.
我不管她是什么,适合就好
I don’t care what she is. The important thing is that she fits.
起立,去那里
Get up. Go over there.
什么东西?图形,站近点
What is it? Just a drawing. Stand closer.
转身
Turn around.
高度刚好
The correct height. – “The correct height!”
皇冠非她的头莫属
Yes. The crown might belong on her head.
谁的图形?她是谁?
A drawing of whom? Who is it?
1918年死去的俄♥国♥公主
A princess. A Russian grand duchess who died in 1918.
公主?
A princess!
G-
G-
派特文,给她水喝
Petrovin, a glass of water.
不要紧 不要紧,殿下身体很好
It’s all right. It’s all right, Petrovin. Her Highness is better.
别叫我殿下 多顺耳
Don’t call me that! How well you hear.
你几时听人喊你殿下的
And how well you know how to use what you hear, and when.
是你自己告诉修女,你是安娜公主
It was you who told the nun that you were the grand duchess Anastasia.
疯人说疯话 你怎会被送进疯人院?
Sick people get sick ideas. Then you were in that asylum in Saint-Cloud.
之前你是在柏林
And before that, in Berlin.
放我走 你知道你是谁
Let me out of here! You know you were.
是谁不是谁你自己清楚
You were and you weren’t, and why and why not?
你为何要逼我回答不实的问题
Questions like that can only be answered by lies.
放我走 站住
Let me go, let me go! Stop it! Stop it!
不,求你
No. No. Please.
别过来 瞧她的手
Please, don’t. Don’t! Look at her hand.
什么?过来看
What? Go on, look.
好吧,你说看就看
Well, he wants us to look. All right. Come.
过来到灯光下
Now, come under the light.
坐下
Sit down.
手打开
Open your hands.
我说过有出众的特征
I told you there were surprising features.
每只手掌各有疤痕 子弹的疤痕
On the palm of each hand, a scar. As from bullets.
看她左侧的头部
Now, look at her head. Above the left temple.
完全吻合特征
A narrow depression extending almost to the forehead.
跟叙述的一样 你怎会有这些疤痕?
Just as we were told. Where did you get those scars?
不知名的崇拜者给的礼物
A gift from an unknown admirer.
哪里?不记得
Where? I don’t remember.
这种伤你会不记得
Wounds like that and you don’t remember?
你是谁?无名氏
Huh! Who are you? No one.
你父母是谁?不在了
Who are your parents? None.
哪里人?河流
Where are you from? The river.
之前在哪?疯人院
Before that? A madhouse.
再之前?另一条河别的疯人院
And before that? Another river, and another madhouse.
少来了,你是谁?
Oh, come on now. Who are you?
你告诉我 你总该有名有姓
You tell me. You must be someone!
为什么?什么都不是的无名氏
Why? Nobody, nothing, no one!
不可思议 正合我们所需
Incredible. But most convenient for us.
二位过来,整理事实
All right, gentlemen. Come over here. Add up the facts.
第一,她有公主特征可用来使我们升级
She has a certain resemblance, which we can heighten.
第二,我们教的她显然可以吸收
She’s obviously smart enough to learn what we teach.
她丧失记忆可能是因为头部受伤
Discrepancies in her memory can be attributed to the head wound.