Who knows?
谁会知道?
Maybe we’ll be more than friends.
或许我们比朋友还好
You wanna lick my beaters?
想舔舔我的搅拌器吗?
Patti, let’s get serious.
拍提 我们严肃些
I wanna be left alone, okay?
我想置身事外 明白?
I’m not doing anything, I’m just taking care of my own self
我什么都没干 我只关心自己的事情
which is what I should always be doing, and that’s it.
并且以后也是这样 仅此而已
Sure, I understand, okay? You understand?
是啊 我明白 你明白?
I do. I understand. Relax. Sit down, I’ll make you a cup of coffee.
是的 我明白 放松 请坐 我给你倒杯咖啡
No, I gotta go. I got a business thing with some guy.
不用 我必须走了 我还有点事要做
If you get something going, we’d expect some kind of consideration. A little taste.
若你有什么事 我们会帮忙 一个小体验
No, this is a legitimate thing. It’s different. You gave me a chill.
不用 这是合法的事 不一样的 你扫我的兴
Yeah, well, you’ll get over it.
你会没事的
Give me a kiss. Come on, give me a kiss, you.
亲我一下 好了 亲我一下
Take care of yourself, huh? You too.
自己保重 你也是
All right.
好的
Don’t be a stranger, Paul. Yeah, I’ll see you around.
不要客气 保罗 好的 回头见
Watch him like a hawk.
象鹰一样盯住他
It would break my heart, but if he steps out of line, shoot him in the fucking head.
我会心碎的 但若他越雷池一步 就打烂他的脑袋
It’ll be my pleasure.
我很乐意
Look at the size of that trunk. You could put three bodies in there.
瞧瞧这后备箱的空间 简直可以放下三具尸体
Just kidding. Just trying to levitate the situation.
开玩笑 只是想活跃气氛
Okay, thank you. We appreciate it. Sure.
谢谢 我们很感谢 没错
Hey, what kind of car youse drive, anyway? It’s a Lexus 430 LS.
顺便问一下 你现在开的是什么车? 是凌志430
That’s like a Toyota.
象丰田车
It’s a Lexus. Yeah, Toyota, Lexus, same thing.
是凌志 丰田 凌志 都一样
Japanese, right? Let’s not forget Pearl Harbor.
日本货 是不是? 让我们别忘了珍珠港
Anyway, let’s get serious. You wanna buy this car, or what?
现在我们认真谈谈 你们到底买♥♥不买♥♥这辆车?
We have to think about it. What’s to think about?
我们需要想一想 想什么呢?
You told me you liked it. You asked me 10,000 questions. I answered every one.
你们说喜欢它 你们问了1万个问题 我回答了每一个
You drove it. You love it. What more do you need to know?
你们开了 你们喜欢 还想要知道什么?
You know, it’s a lot of money, and we need time to consider it.
你知道 这要很多钱 我们还要考虑一下
Consider it? Why don’t you consider this.
考虑一下? 你怎么没有为我考虑一下
You been breaking my balls for an hour
你们折磨了我近一个小时
asking me about every goddamn accessory in this car.
你问了车的所有部件
“What about the light?” You cannot talk to customers like that.
“灯怎么样””这个怎样””那个怎样” 你不能这样对顾客说话
You’re not a customer as far as I’m concerned.
你们不买♥♥就不是顾客
You want to buy the car or not? Not from you. I wanna see the manager.
你们到底买♥♥不买♥♥这辆车? 买♥♥也不买♥♥你的 我要见经理
You wanna see the manager? I’ll show you the manager.
你要见经理? 我让你看经理
Here’s the manager. Right here. Unbelievable.
这就是经理 就在这里 难以置信
Come on. Wanna talk to him?
走吧 想和他说话吗?
What should I do? Throw them out!
我该怎么办? 扔他们出去!
You hear him? He just said, “Throw them out.”
听到没有? 他说了 “扔他们出去”
What should they get? Tell them to get a Honda!
让他们买♥♥什么? 让他们买♥♥本♥田♥!
Hey, he just said it. He’s the boss.
嗨 他说了 他是老板
So tell me, how was your first day?
告诉我 你的第一天怎么样?
Good. Good. Good.
好 好 好
That’s great, Paul. That’s great. Did you sell any cars?
那很好 保罗 那很好 卖♥♥出去车了没?
Almost.
几乎
6:45, okay.
6:45 好的
Paul, thanks for everything. We have been waiting here 20 minutes.
保罗 非常感谢 我们等了20分钟了
I only got two hands, left and right. I can slap you with either one.
我只有两只手 左手和右手 哪只都可以煽你的脸
Now get out of here. You’re a pain in the ass. Come on.
马上滚出去 你这麻烦精!
Mr. Torre. Mr. Torre. Let him through. Hey, Paul. Glad you’re out.
托里先生 托里先生 让他过来 嗨 保罗 很高兴你出来了
How are you? My son Michael. Hey, Michael, nice to meet you.
你怎么样? 是我儿子迈克尔 嗨 迈克尔 高兴见到你
I wanted to ask you something. Yeah?
我想问你点事 什么?
You think the Yankees are gonna go all the way?
你认为美♥国♥佬♥还行吗?
We’ll do our best. It would be very important to me personally.
我们会尽力的 那对我而言很重要
Very important.
非常重要
Try. I’ll talk to the team.
努力吧 我会跟手下人说
Go eat. Joe, good to see you.
去吃吧 乔 高兴见到你
Welcome back. Thank you, Charlie.
欢迎回来 谢谢你 查理
Hey, Paul.
嗨 保罗
Hey, Joey. How are you? I heard you was out.
嗨 乔伊 你好吧? 听说你出来了
Yeah, well, you know The table for six isn’t ready.
是的 你知道 6人桌还没准备好
I’m gonna take the four now.
我先用4人桌
When Mr. Arnold comes in bring him right back.
阿诺德先生来了带他过来
So, what are you doing? You working here?
那 你在干什么? 你在这里工作?
You know, I’m on parole. I gotta be a good boy, you know?
你知道 我在假释 我必须当个好孩子 是不是?
I got a piece of the joint. So, what am I going to do? I gotta
我现在情况很糟 我还能干什么呢? 我必须
I get it. We’re gonna have a drink at the bar.
我明白了 我们去喝酒去了
All right, okay. I’ll see you, Joe. Nice to meet you.
好的 我去看你 乔 高兴见到你
Big smiles, everybody.
大家笑一笑
Thanks, Paul. Appreciate it.
谢谢 保罗 我很感谢
Hey, can you get us a Pelligrino, round of drinks
嗨 若你有时间
and more bread when you get a chance? Thanks.
能给我们拿点饮料和面包吗 谢谢
You want more bread? Yeah. Bread.
你想来点面包? 是的 面包
There you go.
给你
I’ll get your drinks now.
我马上给你拿饮料
This stone is supposed to be a G color. It looks a little yellow, doesn’t it?
这个宝石应该是G色的 但是看起来却有点泛黄 对不对?
That’s the fluorescent light.
是荧光灯的事
It makes everything look yellow.
它让这里的东西看起来都黄
No, I thought fluorescent light makes everything look blue.
我以为荧光应该让东西看起来泛蓝
What am I, Edison? That’s a fuck It’s the fluorescent light doing that. That’s a G.
我是爱迪生? 这他妈 这就是荧光灯的问题 那就是G色的
Well, maybe.
也许吧
Look from that angle.
从这个角度看
What do you think?
你怎么想?
I don’t
我不
I don’t know.
我不知道
It’s a little Yeah.
有点 是的
Could we look at it with a lens? That might help us out.
我们能用显微镜看看吗? 或许能为我们解除疑惑
Do you have a lens?
你有显微镜吗?
We just asked for a lens.
我们要显微镜
Where do you think you’re going? Where am I going?
你要去哪里? 我去哪里?
The orphanage found my real parents. I’m going to Jelly’s house.
孤儿院找到了我亲生父母 我去杰利家
No, you’re not. You’re in my custody. And we have therapy to do.
不 你不能去 你由我监管 我们还要治疗
For what? The more we talk, the worse I get. Look at me. I’m a fucking wreck.
为啥? 谈的越多 我越糟糕 看看我 我都垮掉了
I had that dream again. The one where you’re Mussolini?
我又做梦了 是你和墨索里尼的那个梦吗?
No, the other one. You know, I’m 16, you’re Freud.
不 是另一个 我才16岁 你是佛罗伊德
And then I’m scared out of my mind
突然 我被吓死了
and these giants are coming at me with guns. And I’m fighting them off.
一些巨人拿着枪冲我过来 我和他们搏斗
Too bad.
太糟了
The limpsword dream? Yeah.
剑弯掉的梦? 是的
I probably shouldn’t be listening to this. Well, then don’t.
也许我不应该听这些 那就别听
Paul?
保罗?
Sorry.
抱歉
Let’s talk about it.
我们谈谈这事
And you don’t think this dream is sexual?
你认为这些梦与性有关吗?
You’re thinking the sword is my cock, I can’t get it up. That ain’t it.
我知道你想说这把剑是我的阳♥具♥ 它不举了 事实不是这样
Because I was with Sheila last night, I had a hard-on you could swing from.
因为昨晚我和希拉同♥房♥♥ 它硬得你可以打秋千
I don’t need to know that. You could hang wet towels on this one.
我不需要知道那些 你可以在上面晾毛巾
Congratulations. It’s a nice thing to have.
祝贺你 那很不错
He’s built like a racehorse in that area. Thank you. I get it.
他在那方面象匹赛马 谢谢 我明白了
I’ve seen it. Hey, wait in the car, you.
我知道了 嗨 你进车里等
So, what does it mean? Sex can mean a lot of things.
那 究竟什么含义? 性意味着很多事
I think, in this case, it’s about performance anxiety.
在你的这个例子中 意味着急躁
You’re under a lot of pressure.
你有很大的压力
You’re changing your life, you’re trying to find a job that fits you.
你在改变你的生活 你试图找一份适合你的工作
Doc, nothing is gonna fit though. This 9 to 5 bullshit?
医生 没有合适的 5至9成是废话?
Forget about it. I’ll fucking kill myself.
算了吧 我几乎要了我的命
You know they take taxes out of your paycheck? What the fuck is that?
你知道他们要在你工资里扣税吧? 这算他妈的什么事?
Like, I’m doomed.
看来我没救了
I’ll wind up selling hot dogs on the street.
最后我只好上街卖♥♥热狗
Take a deep breath, Paul.
深呼吸 保罗l
I mean, my heart’s beating like a rabbit! Just relax. You’re hyperventilating.
我的心跳得象只兔子! 放松 你有点通气过度
That’s all it is. Here, breathe into this bag.
没什么问题 给 对着袋子呼吸
And breathe in and then breathe out. In, out.
先吸气 然后呼出
This is your fault. Excuse me?
这是你的错 什么?
This is all your fault. My fault?
这都是你的错 我的错?
You tell me to get a job like I’m a fucking nobody. It’s humiliating.
你让我去找个工作 搞得我不伦不类的 那很丢人