Who am I? I just wanna know how you see yourself.
我是谁? 我只是想知道你怎么看自己的?
I’m Paul Vitti. I’m the boss.
我是 保罗·维提 我是老板
The boss of what? The boss of Jelly?
什么的老板? 杰利的老板?
Because you’re not the boss of me.
因为你不是我的老板
So, what are you the boss of?
那 你是什么老板?
I see what you’re doing, you. I see. I get it.
我明白你的意思了 我明白了 明白了
What am I doing? You’re pissing me off. That’s what.
我在干什么? 你正在耍我 就是
Look at me. I’m starting to get anxious.
瞧瞧我 我开始心烦了
It’s very understandable that you’re anxious.
我完全可以理解你的心烦
I mean, you spent your whole life becoming something that you were
我是说 你用一生拼搏出个人物
and now you can’t be that anymore, so it’s scary.
现在一切都变了 确实让人害怕
I mean, if you’re not Paul Vitti “the boss,” who are you?
我是说 如果你不是老板保罗·维提 你是谁呢?
Let me ask you this way.
让我换种方式问
When you were a kid, what did you want to be?
当你还是孩子时 想做什么职业?
I was a kid. Who remembers that shit? But you had to want to be something.
是孩子的时候? 谁记得那狗屁? 总想当个什么吧?
Did you want to be a baseball player? No.
想当棒球运动员吗? 不
A fireman? An astronaut.
消防队员? 宇航员?
Come on, what did you wanna be?
你到底想当什么?
It was stupid. It’s not stupid.
那挺蠢的 那不蠢
What, are you afraid to tell me? Yeah, I’m afraid.
你怕告诉我吗? 是 我怕
So tell me. I’m not here to judge you. What did you want to be?
那就告诉我 我不是要裁决你 你到底想做什么?
There was one time when I was about
有一段时间 我大概
maybe 6, 6 and a half, 7. Right in there. Right in that time.
大概六七岁的样子 就是那时候
I thought that I wanted to be a I wanted to be a
我想当 我想当
For a second You know, a little kid.
有一阵 你知道 只是小孩子
What? Maybe I was a kid, you know?
什么? 或许 我是小孩子 你知道
Little kid.
小孩子
What?
什么?
Tell me. I wanted to be a cowboy.
告诉我 我想当牛仔
A cowboy, really? Would you believe that?
牛仔 真的? 你相信吗?
Well, that’s interesting.
是 很有趣
How did that start?
怎么引起的呢?
I was watching television with my mother, father.
我和父母常看电视
You know, we watched those cowboy shows.
我们看那些牛仔电影
And my
我
My father got me the whole outfit.
我父亲给我买♥♥了全套服装
He got me a 10-gallon white hat
他给我10加仑的白帽子
the boots, the spurs, the cap guns
靴子 马刺 玩具手♥枪♥
the whole bit.
牛仔所有的东西
Then he took me upstate to my uncle’s farm and led me around on this little pony.
带我到北部叔叔的农场里 让我骑小马驹
And there was cows and all that stuff. It was like, to me, the Wild West.
那里有牛 什么都有 对我而言那就是西部
And it was all “yippee kai-ay” and all that stuff. You happy now?
象 “yippee kai-ay” 之类都有 你高兴了?
So, what happened?
那 后来呢?
I don’t know. What happened? Why didn’t you try to be a cowboy?
不知道 怎么了? 你怎么不做牛仔?
I was in East Harlem. I joined a street gang when I was 12 years old.
我在哈莱姆区 12岁时加入了一个街头帮
“Why didn’t I become a cowboy?”
“为什么我不当牛仔?”
Something else happened when you were 12 that was very difficult for you.
12岁时发生了大事 那时日子很难过
Yeah.
是
That’s when your father was murdered.
那时 你父亲被杀了
Yeah, I think about it every day.
是 我每天都想起来
What’s that got to do with anything? It has a lot to do with things.
这些有什么关系吗? 很有关系
It’s very interesting because your father was the one who got you the white hat.
很有意思 因为是你父亲给了你白帽
He was in the Mob, but yet he wanted you to be a hero.
他是个匪帮 却想让你当英雄
Yeah, he did.
是 是的
Your father wanted you to have a better life than he did.
你父亲希望你能比他过得好
He did, yeah.
是的
He wanted me to go to college. I didn’t even go to high school, hardly.
他想让我上大学 而我连高中都没上
That’s because he had died and he wasn’t around to guide you.
那是因为他去逝了 不能给你指导
See, Paul, before, you said, “I’m Paul Vitti, the boss”
你看 保罗 你刚才说 “我是 保罗·维提 老板”
but when I look at you, I see Paul Vitti the 12-year-old kid
但当我看着你时 我看到的是12岁的保罗·维提
who’s scared and confused with a lot of hard choices to make.
害怕 迷惑 不知做何选择
You.
你
You. You’re good, you. No, Paul
你 厉害 你 不 保罗
No, you’re good. You’re better than good. It’s just the beginning.
不 你厉害 你不只厉害 这只是开始
You’re real good. You made me realize I’m a little fucking kid.
你真了不起 你让我相信我是个他妈的小孩
That’s all I wanted. I never could figure it out with my father. That’s great.
这正是我需要的 我从没体会到父亲的意图 太棒了
But you have to It’s clear now. New choices, new things.
但你必须 现在清楚了 新的选择 新的事情
New beginnings. I’m ready. I’m here, front and center. Let’s go.
新的开始 我准备好了 我在这里 开始吧
There’s somebody that I work with. He’s a career counselor.
我有个同事 他是职业顾问
He places people in jobs. He’s excellent. I’m ready. Sign me up. I’m ready to go.
他帮人找工作 他很棒 我准备好了 算我一个
I’m ready to jump in with both feet. That’s great.
我等不及了 那太棒了
I’m ready! Down!
我准备好了! 爬下!
That was not a good thing.
这真不美
Hi, doc.
嗨 医生
Jelly, what are you doing here? Hey, doc. It’s been a while.
杰利 你在这里干什么? 嗨 医生 我来了一会了
I thought you were in prison. It would appear not.
我想你应该在监狱里 看起来不象
Well, how did you get out? I had a new trial.
你怎么出来的? 重新审理
It turns out the evidence in my first trial was, you know, tainted.
结果是一审证据有问题
I see.
我明白了
Anyway, two of the witnesses decided not to testify, and the third guy
还有 2个证人不做证了 第3个证人
he committed suicide.
他自杀了
How?
怎么自杀的?
He stabbed himself in the back four times and threw himself off a bridge.
他在自己背上刺了4刀 然后把自己扔下了桥
Very unfortunate.
非常不幸
Good to have you back.
欢迎你回来
We’re in a war, Paul. It’s not safe out there.
我们正处在战争中 保罗 外面不安全
The Rigazzis are walking all over us.
莱咖兹的人在盯着我们
We need you, Paul.
我们需要你 保罗
You know, Sally, I’m out of it.
你知道 萨利 我不再干了
It’s over for me. I don’t do this no more. The family needs you.
结束了 我不再干了 家族需要你
What are you talking about? No one did the big jobs like you.
你在说什么? 没人能象你一样干大事
Air France, they’re still talking about it.
法兰西航♥空♥ 这是他们还在津津乐道的
Paul, think about it. For me?
保罗 考虑一下 为了我?
I’ll think about it. Okay.
我会考虑 好的
Come on, what is this? A fucking funeral?
怎么会这样? 是葬礼吗?
You just got out of college, for chrissakes. Let’s have a party.
你刚从”大学”毕业 我们开宴会庆祝
I’ll have one drink, and then I gotta go see the boss.
我只能喝一杯 然后去见老板
Yeah, what? “Yeah, what?”
干嘛? “干嘛?”
That’s how you answer the door, you?”Yeah, what?”
你就是这样应门的?”干嘛?”
You got a problem with that?
那有问题吗?
Yeah, what? Don’t bother getting up on our account.
干嘛? 别费劲为我们起来了
Paul, what a nice surprise.
保罗 多让人惊喜呀
Yeah, Patti, how’s it going? It’s good.
是的 拍提 过得怎样? 不错
Come here, you. Give me a kiss.
过来 亲我一下
Get over here.
来这儿
Come on, what did I do? What did I do that you’re mad at me?
行了 我做了什么? 我做什么让你生气了?
Come on.
来吧
How are you, Paul? All right.
你好吗 保罗? 还好
You missed a spot. You can’t be too careful.
你漏了个地方 不得不小心
Hey, I know. Sorry to hear about Carmine.
我知道 听到卡迈恩的事很难过
He was a good man. Yeah, I know.
他是个好人 是的 我知道
You live with someone for 21 years. Then one day they pull his torso out of the river.
和一个人过了21年
Then one day they pull his torso out of the river.
突然有一天他那不全的尸体被从河里拖出来
It’s hard. Yeah, I’ll bet.
难以接受 肯定是的
Especially since the talk was that you were the one that put him there.
特别是有人说是你把他放那里的
That’s why I try not to gossip. It’s ugly. Yeah, it is.
所以我不说闲话 那很恶劣 是的
Just a sec. Michelle, Theresa, it’s 10:30.
稍等 米歇尔·蒂丽泽 10点半了
Stop fucking around and get ready for ballet!
别再瞎整 准备上芭蕾课!
It’s so hard being a single parent and a career woman.
当一个单亲家长和职业妇女真不容易
For instance, a lot of people are saying now that you’re out
比如 很多人说你出来后
that you’re gonna try and take the family from me.
要把家族从我这里接管过去
I said, “No, Paul would never do that to me.”
我说 “不会 保罗不会对我那样”
Never. Not me. Good.
永不 我不会 很好
So you look good. What, have you been working out?
你看起来不错 什么事 解决了吗?
Yeah, I been working out who’s been trying to kill me. Got any ideas?
我在查是谁想杀我 你知道是谁吗?
It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there.
外面是个狗咬狗的世界
And you know nobody will be safe unless we end this thing with the Rigazzis.
没有人是安全的 除非解决了莱咖兹的事
So you had nothing to do with it? Paul, calm down, okay?
就是说你和那无关? 保罗 冷静点 好吗?
I did not try and kill you. All right?
我没想去杀你 行了吧?
Look, I want us to be friends, you know?
你看 我想做你的朋友 知道吗?