也许我是个男子汉
♪ maybe I’m a man ♪
也许你是那唯一一个能一直帮我的女人
♪ Maybe you’re the only woman who can ever help me ♪
宝贝,你能让我明白吗
♪ baby, won’t you help me understand ♪
早上好
Good morning.
你好,为什么你不跑晨步? 哦,我早上跟一个家伙有约会
Hi. How come you’re not jogging? – I had an early appointment with this guy.
发生了什么事?
Aaah. – What’s, uh – what’s up?
我决定你可以过来
Well, I’ve decided that you can come to the apartment,
探望 帕蒂 只要你想
you know, to see Patti whenever you want.
哦,很好,我很高兴 – 先打电♥话♥
Oh, good. I’m glad. – Just call first.
好的,我本来想要告诉你 我要去加利福尼亚州了
Sure. Oh, I meant to tell you. I’m not going to California now.
为什么? – 很多原因,只要是因为没钱了
Why? – Oh, lot of things. Mostly, no money.
你知道,我已经,嗯- 我已经不再去看心理医生了, 并且
Well, you know, I’ve, uh – I’ve stopped seeing my therapist,
我正在找一份更好的工作, 所以
and, uh, well, I’m looking around for a better job, so,
你在金钱方面会压力小些了
the money thing will be a lot easier for you.
如果你想要的话我们可以让问题变得更简单
We could make it real easy if you want to.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
我跟Marcia分手了
I broke up with marcia.
真让人吃惊
I’m surprised.
是的,我也是
Yeah, I am too, kind of –
真♥相♥是她离开了我
well, truth of it is she left me.
我不知道 我是说,我一搬过来我们就不再感到愉悦了
I don’t know. I mean, the minute I moved in there, we stopped having fun.
这太疯狂了
It’s craziness.
很抱歉听到这些
I’m sorry.
你真的这么觉得?
Are you really?
是的, 我为你跟到遗憾
Yeah, I’m sorry for you.
我想回家 – 不
I want to come back. – No.
你能考虑一下吗?
Will you think about it?
不, 马丁
No, Martin.
我的意思是, 我觉得你可以把我看成一个
I mean – I was thinking you could think of me
生了很长时间病的男人, 你懂吗, 然后康复了
as this guy who was sick for a long time, you know, and then recovered.
你能做到吗?
Think you could do that?
这是不一样的事情, 你懂吗?
It doesn’t work that way, you know?
是的 帕蒂说你交了个男朋友
Yeah. Patti said you have a boyfriend.
是的 我们关系很稳定
Yeah. We’re going steady.
我会打电♥话♥给你
Well, I’ll call you.
再见
Yes. Bye.
再见, 马丁
Bye, Martin.
帕蒂想要一个人呆着
Patti’s gonna have to spend more time alone.
哦,她可以应付这些
Oh, she can cope with that. Yeah.
是的,我担心她
I don’t know. I worry about her.
我必须 我必须
I have to. I have to.
你不必 – 我必须
You don’t have to. – I do.
我的钱足够我们两个人花
I have enough money for both of us.
我不想花你的钱, 索尔
I don’t want your money, Saul.
听着,我会花你的钱,如果我需要 如果你有
Look, I’d take your money, if I needed it, and if you had it.
不过,你是一个艺术家
What about you? You’re an artist.
哦,是的
Oh, yes.
帕蒂这个夏天做什么? 她想去夏令营
What’s Patti doing this summer? – Oh, she wants to go to summer school.
你知道怎样才好吗? 怎么样才更好
Well, you know what would be nice? What would be very nice indeed, would be
如果
if –
如果你们两个人都可以来Vermont就太好了呆上整个夏天
both of you came up to Vermont, for the whole of the summer.
我不能离开美术馆
I can’t leave the gallery.
我不能
I can’t.
你丈夫应该会允许你带她去一个夏天的
He’d let you go for the summer.
也许一周是可以的,但是一个夏天肯定不行
Well, maybe for a week, but not for the whole summer.
那里很美 – 哦
Very beautiful. – Oh.
要一个吗?
Want one?
谢谢
Yes, sir.
一个柠檬, 谢谢- 放两个吧
Oh, um, one lemon, please. – Two.
抱歉 没有柠檬 香草的 – 好的
I’m sorry. No lemon. Vanilla. – Oh.
好吧 – 好的 很好
Okay. That’s all right. – Fine. Good.
你的孩子也会在那儿,对吧? – 是的,当然他们会在!
Your children will be there, won’t they? – Yes, they certainly will.
我们会渡过很愉快的假期
Yes. Well, we’d have a lot of fun.
女士 – 好的
Madame. – Fine.
我不能
I can’t.
你一直在说不行
You keep saying you can’t.
这些多少钱? – 每个20美分
How much are these, please? – Twenty cents each, please.
每个20美分 – “我不行 ”
Twenty cents each. “I can’t.
谢谢- 我不行 – 哦,你可以的
Thank you very much, sir. – Well, I can’t. Okay.
我去了那儿可以做什么?
What am I gonna do up there?
看着你画画? 去钓鱼? 去游泳? 听起来很不错, 不是吗?
Watch you paint? Go fishing? Go swimming? – Well, it sounds nice, doesn’t it?
啊,是的
Ah… yeah.
我可以在周末的时候去那边几趟
I’ll come up for a couple of weekends.
生活很复杂
Life is very complicated.
我已经放了16年的假
I’ve been on vacation for 16 years.
听着 我 -我知道你想要独♥立♥
Oh, look, listen. I-l know you want to get out on your own.
我也同意 我不想阻碍你 – 你说什么, 你同意? – 什么?
I approve. I wouldn’t try to stop you. – What do you mean, you approve?
我不理解那个词 为什么你说你同意? – 哦,你看
What? – I don’t understand that word. – Why are you saying you approve? – Oh, look.
我做这些事情不是为了让你同意,你知道吗 – 听着 让我说完
I’m not doing this for your approval. – No, no, listen.
不, 那不是我所想的 – 我想要说的是-
Let me finish. Please. – No, that’s not what I have on my mind.
我讨厌那样 – 是的,我想要说的是如果-
I hate that. Yes. All I meant was that if –
跟你喜欢的人一起度过几周 – 那并没有偏离生活的正规
well, spending a few weeks with someone you like, that’s not out of line.
你怎么知道? 你怎么能这么说?
How do you know? How can you say that?
你怎么知道我需要什么, 我想为自己做什么?
How do you know what I need, what I want to do for myself?
我想我们需要咨♥询♥婚姻指导
I think we need a marriage counselor.
要不你每周周末都过来这边吧?
Why don’t you come back here every weekend?
因为如果我如果有几天停止画画
Because if I stop painting for a few days,
我可能就停止画画了
I may stop painting altogether.
你真的相信这些吗? 当然
Do you really believe that? – Absolutely.
男人!
Men.
女人
Women.
你知道我昨天做了什么吗?
You know what I did yesterday?
我丢了一整罐黑莓酱
I threw out a whole new jar of BlackBerry jam.
马丁喜欢黑莓酱
Martin loved BlackBerry jam. Ugh.
我觉得我一直以来没有做我自己, 你懂吗
I think the problem was that I didn’t do things as myself, you know.
我做任何事情都是想着-
I did things as this –
马丁 跟 艾丽卡, 马丁 跟 艾丽卡 这不是他的错 我- 我喜欢这样
Martin and Erica, Martin and Erica. It wasn’t his fault. I – I liked it.
索尔 和 艾丽卡 将会和 马丁 跟 艾丽卡听起来不同
Saul and Erica will be different from Martin and Erica.
你想找别的女人? – 我希望你能!
You want to see other women? – I want you.
你也是自♥由♥的 – 我不想
You’re free to. – I don’t want to.
那就别
Then don’t.
你想找别的男人吗?
Do you want to see other men?
今天没有这个打算
Not today.
我现在有点头疼
I’m getting a headache.
我要回去工作了
I have to go back to work.
我也是
So dol.
你想回去睡觉吗? 嗯嗯
Would you rather go back to bed? – Mm-hmm.
怎么?
Yes?
这个东西需要放些油
This thing needs oil.
你看,我要放一些枕头, 你知道吗, 从沙发到那里
See, I want to put those pillows, you know, from the sofa around there.
嗯嗯 – 地毯
Mm-hmm. – Carpet.
有很多通风口 – 是的,有很多通风口
Has a lot of outlets. – Yeah, a lot of outlets.
当当! 有一个壁炉!
Ta-da! – Another fireplace?
这很棒,不是吗?
It’s nice, isn’t it?
我可以负担 – 那就租下来
I can afford it. – Then take it.
我不知和索尔该怎样
I don’t know what to do with Saul, you know.
他想让我去Vermont 他要去五个月!
He wants me to go to Vermont. He goes there for five months!
那就别租下 – 你真能帮忙
Then don’t take it. – You’re a lot of help.
我为何不去 Vermont?
Why don’t I go to Vermont?
你留在这儿, 好好工作保持理智
You stay here, work your ass off, and be sensible.
我去摘浆果,和索尔在树林里跳舞
I’ll go pick berries and dance in the woods with Saul.
这让我很犹豫, 伊莲
It’s confusing, Elaine.
自从我服用锂
You know, since I started taking lithium,
我感觉这个月变得很平静
I feel more sensible than this month’s good housekeeping.
没有抑郁, 没有低情绪 但我怀念我的亢奋情绪
No more black, moody lows. But I sure as hell miss my highs.
你想听我的建议吗? – 是的
You want my advice? Yeah.
你知道像 索尔那样的男人有多罕见吗? 你知道外面有多少混♥蛋♥吗?
Do you know how rare a man like Saul is? You know how many jerks are out there?
他很聪明 他很幽默
He’s smart. He’s funny.
他是一个好情人吗? – 嗯
Is he a good lover? – Eh.
开始收拾行李了, 宝贝
Start packing, honey.