No, Mrs Birling, forgive me, but it wasn’t.
也许那是个错误 但是绝不令人作呕
Look, it may have been wrong, but it wasn’t disgusting.
这是什么时候的事
When was this?
去年夏天
Last summer.
当然是了
Of course.
去年夏天几乎没来找过我
You hardly came near me last summer.
我以为是我做错了什么让你疏远了我
I thought I’d done something to drive you away.
-希拉 -你说是你工作繁忙
– Sheila… – You told me you were busy at the works.
-我确实忙啊 -你说了那么多次
– I was. That… – You told me that so many times.
我说的是真的 我那时的确忙
Yes, that was true, I was busy.
特别忙 可是
Very busy, but…
你爱她吗
Did you love her?
对 我正要问呢 你爱她吗
Yes. That’s just what I was going to ask. Did you love her?
听着 她对我的感觉比我对她的要深
Look…I didn’t feel as strongly for her as she felt about me.
当然了 你是她完美的白马王子
Oh, of course, you were her wonderful Fairy Prince.
她特别依赖我 特别感激我
She was dependent on me. So grateful.
你肯定很享受吧
You must have adored it.
对 没错 好吧 确实有段时间是的
Well, yes, all right, I did. For a time.
所有的男人都会这样的
Nearly any man would have done.
我觉得这是你今天晚上说的最好的一句话
I think that’s the best thing you’ve said tonight.
至少很诚实
At least it’s honest.
天啊
God…
天啊 我真抱歉
God, I’m sorry.
只是
It’s just, um…
一想到她真的去世了
..thinking she’s really dead.
那是什么时候结束的呢 考夫特先生
When did it end, Mr Croft?
九月份
In September.
我们都清楚我俩不会持久的
We both knew it couldn’t go on indefinitely.
九月份我需要出差几周
And in September I had to go away on business for a few weeks.
我提议我们用这段时间做了结
I suggested that we use the time to finish it.
那她什么反应
How did she take that?
比我预想的要好
Better than I’d hoped.
她面对结束很有勇气
She was very gallant about it.
哦 便宜你了
Oh…how nice for you.
我给了她一些钱
I’d given her some money.
足够她撑到年底
Enough to see her through to the end of the year.
然后 当我出差回来后她已经搬走了
And…when I got back from my trip she’d moved out of the rooms.
从此我再也没看见她
I never saw her again.
真有你的 直接了断
Well, that’s something. A clean break.
所以从她那得到了你想要的
So, you’d had what you wanted from her,
然后就把她抛弃了
and you cast her aside.
-感觉不是这样的 -是吗
– It didn’t feel like that. – Didn’t it?
你知道她去哪了吗
Do you know where she went?
她去了海边 清净了两个月
She went away for two months to a place by the sea to be quiet.
回忆着你们俩之间发生的一切
To remember all that had happened between you.
试图延长这感觉
To make it last longer.
你怎么可能知道这些
How can you possibly know that?
她写了日记
She kept a diary.
她写道她担心
She wrote that she feared
她再也不会有比这更好的经历了
there’d never be anything as good for her ever again.
如果这就是她对好的定义
Well, if that was her idea of good,
恐怕她是没救了
I’m afraid there was no hope for her.
母亲 别这么说
Mother, don’t.
我丈夫告诉我了
My husband has told me what was said
之前的事情 探长
earlier this evening, Inspector…?
叫我古尔就行
Er, Goole.
我必须承认我有点生气
And I must say I am rather outraged
你想在我们家里
that you are trying to lay the blame
为了这个事情责怪我们
for this situation at our door.
那个阶层的女孩 谁又知道
With girls of that class, one can never really know
她们到底给自己惹了些什么麻烦呢
what kind of trouble they’ve created for themselves.
别说了
Stop it!
我觉得我得
I think I need to, um…
出去一会儿 如果可以的话
step out for a moment, if that’s all right.
好的 我暂时不会找你了 考夫特先生
Yes. I’ve finished with you for the time being, Mr Croft.
等一下
wait.
我没有不喜欢你
I don’t dislike you.
从某种奇怪角度
And in some odd way
我觉得我比以往更尊敬你
I think I respect you more than I’ve ever done.
我相信你所说的
I believe what you said
最开始真的想要帮助她
about wanting to help her in the first place.
是我的错 她当时真的很绝望
And it was my fault, really, that she was so desperate.
但是
But…
这件事使一切都不同了 是不是
..this has made a difference, hasn’t it?

Yes.
希拉
Sheila…
我不是为他辩解 但是
I’m not defending him, but, um…
事实上
the fact is…
-年轻的男人 -杰拉德懂我的意思
– young men… – Gerald knows what I mean.
是的 我知道
Yes. I do.
我得走了
I…I need to go.
你别动
You stay put.
我能看看照片吗 探长
May I see the photograph, Inspector?
不 现在还不行
No, not yet.
埃里克 你在这待着
Eric, you stay here!
你们不用担心 他会回来的
You needn’t worry. He’ll be back.
我们不用你为我们的儿子做担♥保♥ 探长
We don’t need you to reassure us about our son, Inspector.
你想要看那女孩的照片吗 伯灵太太
Would you like to see the photograph of the girl, Mrs Birling?
不 我不想
No. I wouldn’t.
我想不出我为什么要看
I can’t think of any reason why I should.
我真觉得你应该看看
I really think you ought to look.
那好吧
Very well.
认出她了吗
Recognise her?
没 不认识
No, I don’t.
她可能最近变化有点大
Well, she might have changed lately,
但是我觉得变化也没那么大吧
but I can’t believe she could have changed that much.
我不知道你在说什么
I don’t know what you mean.
我是说你没在说真话
I mean that you’re not telling me the truth.
这我不能容忍♥了
Look, I’m not going to have this.
你得向我妻子道歉
You apologise to my wife!
为什么 因为我尽我所责吗
For what? Doing my duty?
因为你冒犯了我们
For being so offensive about it.
你似乎忘了我是个公众人物
You seem to forget that I am a public man.
公众人物有特权的同时也有职责
Public men have responsibilities as well as privileges.
可能吧
Possibly.
可我确定你来这
But I’m quite sure you weren’t sent here
不是为了跟我讨论职责的吧
to talk to me about responsibility.
你没意识到你有多荒谬吗
Oh, don’t you realise how ridiculous you seem?
你说什么
What on earth…?
事不关己高高挂起 你们俩
Putting on airs. Both of you.
装作我们跟这个事毫无关系
Pretending that we’re above all this
但不是 真的不是
when we’re not. We’re really not.
-我们跟这个事息息相关 -你闭嘴吧
– We’re up to our necks in it. – Be quiet at once!
告诉他真♥相♥ 妈妈 求你了
Tell him the truth, Mummy. Please.
不管怎样他都会让你说的 还不明白吗
He’ll make you tell it anyway. Don’t you see?
你似乎给这个姑娘
You seem to have made
留下了很深的印象啊 探长
a very great impression on this girl, Inspector.
是的 我们经常给年轻人的印象不错
Yes. Yes, we often do on the young ones.
伯灵女士 你是布鲁姆利妇女
Mrs Birling, you’re a member, a prominent member,
慈善组织的会员 并且是杰出会员 对吧
of the Brumley Women’s Charity Organisation, aren’t you?
对 她是
Yes, she is.
怎么了
Why?
那是一个采用各种方式
It’s an organisation to which women in distress
来帮助困难女性的组织 是吧
can appeal for help in various forms. Is that so?
是的 我们为有意义的事业做了很多工作
Yes. We’ve done a great deal of work helping deserving causes.
是啊 两周前面试委员会有一次会议
Yeah. There was a meeting of the interviewing committee two weeks ago.
我相信 你是其中一员
You were in the chair, I believe.
是又怎么样
And if I was?
你为什么哭
Why are you crying?
我不应该这么做的
I…I shouldn’t have done that.
我以为你在酒吧是因为

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!