胶片产生的问题
where things don’t work out with the film.
你知道吗,我记得有人说
You know, I remember having people saying,
“嘿,我的婚礼是一场灾难
“Hey, my wedding was a disaster.
这些胶片都没显影”
The film didn’t work.”
当然,这很令人沮丧
Of course, it’s pretty upsetting,
但是与这种不可预测的介质打交道
but it’s one of the things you have to factor in
这是你必须事先考虑的东西之一
with that kind of unpredictable media.
当然,我们可以制♥作♥ iPhone 应用程序
Sure, we could all be making iPhone apps
罗杰·赫伯特
技术部门
但为了什么?
but to what end?
随着时间的推移,我真的不得不问自己
Over time, I really had to ask myself
为什么我在为不可能的项目工作
why I was working for The Impossible Project.
我有一个想法
You know, I really came up with this idea
戴夫·拜阿司
前美国Impossible主席
我们人类是模拟的
that human beings, we’re analog.
我认为这是一部分原因
And I think that’s part of the reason
这就是为什么我们仍然倾向于模拟的事物,
why we gravitate towards analog things still,
即使我们处于这个非常数字化的时代
even though we’re in this very digital realm.
你认为这种对模拟的热情
Do you think this enthusiasm for analog,
克里斯托弗·博纳诺斯
《永不褪色的时光》作家
是三分钟热度?
do you think it is a passing stage
还是说它能够保持下去?
or it is something that is here to stay?
我真的认为对于巨大的整个
You know, I really think that this is just the beginning
重新发现模拟来说这只是个开始
of a very huge rediscovery of analog
不管是什么形式模拟介质
across all forms of media.
我有很好的感觉
I have the very good feeling
因为数字发展地加速
that because of the digital acceleration,
他们真的在寻找数字排毒
they are really looking for a digital detox.
哦,天哪,我喜欢那个
Oh my God, I love that.
我真的很喜欢那个
I really like that one.
这怎么会这样?
How does that even happen?
它有时就是这样
It sometimes does it.
应该是药剂的事情
I think it’s from the chemicals.
太疯狂了
That’s crazy,
它看起来有点像被烧了一样
like it looks a bit like it’s burned.
这东西有时候很烦
Sometimes it’s annoying
但大多数情况下还挺有意思的
but mostly it really makes sense that it happens
就像,哇,好吧,这东西让它变得更好看了
and you’re like, wow, okay that makes it even better.
太迷幻了
It’s so trippy
但它同时平衡了画面
but it balances the
picture at the same time.
你是说你的公♥司♥吗?
Is Impossible the business?
绝对地
Absolutely.
我很高兴你没有问
I’m very happy that you didn’t ask
这是不是一项可持续的业务或一项有利可图的业务
if it’s a sustainable business or a profitable business.
其实我就想问这个
Well that’s what I meant.
还不是
Not yet.
我们还处于起步阶段
We are still at the very beginning.
我们在做的这件事
This is suddenly the wonderful thing
突然变成了一件美妙的事
about what we are doing.
每个人都想在这个世界上留下一些痕迹
You know everybody wants to leave some traces in this world.
如果人们不使用模拟材料
If people don’t use analog materials
人们就留不下痕迹
then they will go away.
所以你想宣传这个观点
So you want to sort of promote the fact
约翰·路特
摄影师
它真的存在,它很好
that it’s out there, that it’s good.
它与众不同,而且很特别
It’s different and it’s special.
它是真实的
It’s experiencing the real
而不只是真实事物的影像
and not the image of something real.
这么多数码产品感觉都有点趋同
So many digital products feel a little bit similar,
业余爱好者都能拍得
so bright and the color’s so good
颜色非常亮也很好看
from even every amateur.
人们渴望一些有点奇怪的东西
People crave something that’s a little weird,
接近有问题的那种
a little wrong almost.
我是说有点奇怪
I’m talking about a little weird.
我觉得现在就应该拍一张奇怪的照片
I should think that’s the moment to take a weird picture.
我在画面里吗?
Am I in this?
在
You’re in this.
我们是由化学组成的
We’re made of chemistry.
胶片也是化学构成的
Film is made of chemistry.
当我看到胶片上图像时,
When I see an image shot on film,
我对它有一种亲切感
I feel an affinity for it
这些是完全没法从
that I simply have not been able to feel
数字图像体会到的
towards digital images.
摄影术的智慧
Photography wise,
这不仅仅是关于说材料的完美性
it’s not just about the perfection of the material.
而是关于你与之联♥系♥的情感
It’s about the emotion you connect with it.
即使有人讨厌这些
Even the people hate it,
化学反应产生的这些味道
that there’s chemistry that they have this stuff.
开玩笑吗?
Oh are you kidding?
这是最好的部分
It’s a mess, but come on, it’s the best.
没错,这个时代里它是最好的
Exactly, nowadays it is the best.
当我在写我写的书时
You know, when I was working on the book I wrote,
有太多的人告诉我
I cannot tell you how many people told me
负片药剂的气味
the smell of the reagent on the negative
带他们回到童年
took them to their childhood
或者他们和宝丽来一起度过的那些性感时光
or to some sexy time they’d had with Polaroid
或者他们的爷爷奶奶家里面
or to their grandparents’ house.
这气味能够唤醒记忆
Smells are evocative.
我并不是认为数字不好
It’s not that I think digital is bad.
而是我认为关于胶片与数字的争论
In fact, I think the argument about film versus digital
真的很过时,也大概有了结论
is really old, it’s kind of done.
对我来说,关键是让我能有一个其他的选择
For me, it’s keeping a choice alive.
新技术淘汰老技术
For technology to eliminate something
只是因为新技术更加方便实在是目光短浅
simply because it’s more convenient is really shortsighted.
我想看得更长远
I want to look at the long-term.
我想确保人们在我死了很久以后
I want to make sure that people can still use film
仍然有胶片可用
long after I’m gone.
柏林Impossible商店
博士的项目接到了第一个电♥话♥
Doc’s project had taken a first call.
生产的胶片终于可以
The film was it at last
至少说越来越像宝丽来了
at least beginning to look like Polaroid.
照片现在只需要 30 分钟来显影
A photo now took only 30 minutes to develop.
这30分钟像是一段蜜月期
It was a kind of a honeymoon period.
然而,如果你仔细观察
If you looked closely, however,
你可能已经看到背后的一些问题
you might’ve seen some dark clouds forming on the horizon.
Impossible PX600胶片
栄喜·森
Impossible PX600胶片
野村佐纪子
照片很棒但是很贵
The photos were cool but expensive
并且出了名的难用
and notoriously difficult to handle.
就在那时,我认识了奥斯卡
It was then that I got to know Oskar,
一位来自纽约的年轻工程师
a young engineer from New York.
奥斯卡对即时成像很着迷
Oskar was fascinated by instant film
他在数字世界中看到了 Impossible 的未来
and he saw a future for Impossible in the digital world.
他很快成为团队的核心成员
He was soon to become a key player on the team.
我是奥斯卡·斯莫洛科夫斯基
I’m Oskar Smolokowski.
我现在是现场的摄像机
I’m live camera right now.
奥斯卡·斯莫洛科夫斯基
2013年开始在Impossible实习
奥斯卡在欧洲加入博士的团队时才 22 岁
Oskar was only 22 when he joined Doc in Europe
他从那时起就想向老板学习业务
with the intention of learning the business from the boss.
你能想象吗?
Can you imagine?
我进入时公♥司♥的想法
I came into the job thinking,
是,好的,我要向 CEO 学习
okay, I’m gonna learn from a CEO
学学什么事应该怎么做
on how it’s supposed to be done.
我记得第一天上班
The part I remember about my first day at work
我们骑着他的摩托车去兜风
when we went on a ride on his motorcycle
去他最喜欢的寿司店
to eat at his favorite sushi place.
老实说,我当时就想,他妈的什么情况
And to be honest, I was like, what the fuck?
用不可能的爱
博士!
我不敢相信你就这么经营公♥司♥
I can’t believe this is how you run a company.
那会一点也不无聊
It’s not been boring.