你学会后你一定非常高兴
You’ll be happy when you can do
只有六□个动作
Just six or seven
今天一开始
Begin today
我就发现它是那么的美好
You’ll find it nice
这是最快步入天堂的途径
The quickest way to paradise
一旦你开始实践
When you practice
再也不会无所事事了
Here’s the thing to do
说起来可真是简单
Simply say as you go
我搭建了一条通往天堂的云梯
I’ll build a stairway to paradise
每天都有新的开始
With a new step every day
无论如何我都要到达那里
I’m going to get there at any price
让开,我正在登途中
Stand aside, I’m on my way
我听见了美妙的音乐
I’ve got the blues
一切都是那么的美妙动人
And up above it’s so fair
鞋子
Shoes
带着我继续上路吧
Go on and carry me there
我搭建了一条通往天堂的云梯
I’ll build a stairway to paradise
每天都有新的开始
With a new step every day
我搭建了一条通往天堂的云梯
I’ll build a stairway to paradise
每天都有新的开始
With a new step every day
无论如何我都要到达那里
I’m going to get there at any price
让开,我正在登途中
Stand aside, I’m on my way
我听见了美妙的音乐
I’ve got the blues
一切都是那么的美妙动人
And up above it’s so fair
鞋子
Shoes
带着我继续上路吧
Go on and carry me there
我搭建了一条通往天堂的云梯
I’ll build a stairway to paradise
每天都有新的开始
With a new step every day
新的开始
With a new step
每天
Every day
你终于来了
l am delighted. lt’s a wonderful idea.
对不起,我迟到了
l’m so sorry.
莉莎,我有一个好消息要告诉你
Lise, l have wonderful news.
就是这位吗 那就让这位年轻的女士来作最后的决定
This, l take it, is the young lady who’ll do all the deoiding.
对极了
That’s right.
这位是约翰先生 他可是美国最好的指挥家
This is John MaoDowd, my favorite American impressario.
你好?
How do you do?
我刚才正在说服你这位亨利到美国来…
l’ve been trying to persuade Henri to oome to America…
…让我们那些牛仔 也来领略一下法国的艺术
…and give us Yanks a break.
他说这件事必须先和你谈一谈
He says he has to talk it over with you.
那就有你来说服他,莉莎小姐
You make him do it, Miss Lise.
我过几天在来找你 给你电♥话♥
l’ll call you in a few days.
好的
That’s all right.
我觉得,你的莉莎天生就该去拍广♥告♥
And may l say, your Lise oertainly lives up to your advertisements.
谢谢,约翰 晚安
Thank you, Johnny. Good night.
对不起,但是电影太长了– -现在别想电影了
l’m sorry, but the movie– -Never mind the movie.
你看这个消息怎么样?
what do think of the news?
约翰想让我到美国去
John wants me to go on an American tour.
不过我们现在马上结婚 可以一起去
we oould get married and go together.
这样听上去怎么样?
Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
什么时候走? -用不了几个星期
when would you go? -Not for a few weeks.
在这之前我们还得签一份合同
John will have to see first about bookings.
我相信以后的事一定非常美妙
But it oould be beautiful.
我们将在游轮上度蜜月…
A honeymoon on the boat…
…然后是美国
…then America.
你一定也会爱上美国的
You’ll love the Americans.
我不懧为我今天恋爱了
I don’t think I’ll fall In love today
你的车到了,先生
Your limousine is here, sir.
谢谢
Thanks.
你的那位救世主…
This sponsor of yours…
…想从你身上捞到什么油水?
…what does she want from you in return?
别直接了当的跟我说
Don’t tell me. l shook easily.
你疯了,她不是对我感兴趣
You’re orazy. She isn’t interested in me.
只是对我的绘画风格 十分感兴趣的热心人
She’s just a goodhearted kid who likes the way l paint.
那她可是做梦
That’s real dreamy of her.
现在请告诉我,你在那天结婚…
Tell me, when you get married…
…你会跟你老婆姓吗?
…will you keep your maiden name?
你好, 斯瑞兹
Hello, Therese.
杰尔先生 你千万不要将库克小子的话放在心上
Monsieur Jerry, don’t pay any attention to Monsieur Cook.
我不会的
l don’t intend to.
如果你不得不和那女人睡觉
Suppose you do have to make love to the lady?
那也是为了艺术
lt’s all for the sake of art.
我用不着和那个女人睡觉–
l don’t have to make love–
实在上太精彩了!
Bravo!
太棒了
Colossal! Encore!
实在上太精彩了!太棒了!
Encore! Magnifique! Bravo!
我们到这里来家谁?
who are we seeing here?
这不用你操心,等着瞧吧
Never you mind. wait and see.
这是干吗?
what is all this?
你的工作室,漂亮吗?
Your studio. lsn’t it beautiful?
我已经有工作室了
l’ve got a studio.
是的,我知道,杰尔, 但你需要更大的空间
well, yes, l know, Jerry, but you need spaoe.
再说这里不是用来住人的 只是让你画画而已
This isn’t to live in, it’s to work in.
像这样豪华的工作室我可承担不起
l can’t afford a joint like this.
为什么你总在我面前谈钱的问题?
why do you make such an issue of money?
因为你很清楚我这个人身无分文…
Because l ain’t got any…
…换了是你在穷困潦倒的时候 也会意识到钱的重要性
…and when you ain’t got any, it takes on a ourious significanoe.
别说傻话了 你很快就会把这些钱还给我
Don’t be silly. You’ll be able to pay me baok.
用不了三个月
ln three months.
三个月? 你是什么意思?
Three months? what do you mean?
我要给你一个真正的惊喜
That’s the real surprise.
我计划给你举♥行♥一次个人画展
Your exhibition at the Parmentier Galleries.
三个月?
My exhibition in three months?
这还不够激动人心吗 他们已经在设计广♥告♥了–
Already they’re arranging posters–
等一等
wait a minute, hold everything.
你坐下来听我把这件事给你解释清楚
Sit down and let’s see if l can explain this to you.
现在我想做的事就是准备我的个人画展
More than anything, l want to have an exhibition.
但这必须要等我做好充分的准备
But when l’m ready.
直到我的作品好的能面对 公众和那些刻薄的评论家
when my stuff is good enough to show to the publio and oritios.
象绘画这样的事 你无法事先设定一项生产表
You can’t set a produotion date for a thing like that.
难道你不明白吗? 我不是在制♥造♥画杯
Don’t you understand? l’m not manufaoturing paper oups.
关于这点我非常理解, 杰尔
l do understand, Jerry.
但你是个画家 一定渴望人们早日看到你的作品
But you’re a painter and you want people to see what you’ve painted.
我也盼望着
l want that too.
我只是给你提供一次机会 能在一个像样的艺术馆…
Give me an opportunity to provide a deoent show at a deoent gallery…
…给你举办一次画展,从而可以让人们 可以去欣赏你的绘画艺术
…where people can see your things.
那样所引起的凡响定会空前的
ls that so extraordinary?
瞧,你是个出色的画家
Look, you’re a painter and a good one.
而我只是有机会拉你一把
l happen to have a little drive.
不管怎么说,这都是一次完美的合作
That’s a good oombination.
更何况,你还要面对评论家的种种非议
Besides, you have to faoe the oritios sometime.
对,但是三个月
Yeah, but three months.
这需要你的努力工作,大量的
Of oourse, it’ll be work. Hard work.
这倒是无关紧要的事情
That doesn’t matter.
好吧,但有个条件
l’ll do it. On one oondition.
我一定要还你钱
l pay you baok.
杰尔, 我高兴极了
Jerry, l’m so glad.
要是你不答应我一定会伤心死的
l would have died if you’d said no.
是不是以为我不会来了?
Did you think l wasn’t ooming?
来,我们去一个好地方
Let’s take a cab over to the Bois.
我先去将东西放一放
l want to drop my stuff off.
你必须几点回家? -最多不能超过一个小时
when do you have to be baok? -ln an hour or so.
才一个小时
That’s not much time.
你今天来晚了,是什么事把你拖住了?
what kept you? why were you so late?
因为…
well, l….
这件事我早就想告诉你了, 杰尔…
l wanted to tell you, Jerry….
什么?
what?
我们能呆在一起的时间已经很少了…
we have so little time together. Can’t we have our own world…
…我们就不要在谈分开时 所发生的事情好吗?
…and not talk about anything that happens when we’re apart?
我保证绝不问你 我不在的时候你都做了些什么
l promise l’ll never ask what you do when you’re not with me.