That’s another thing we have to work on around here.
我们现在还有件事情要说
We all have to learn to get along better.
我们大家要学会更好的相处
How long is Sylvia, down in the basement?
西尔维娅还在在地下室关多久?
Until she learns her lesson.
知道她学会该怎么做为止
Mama…
妈妈…
She needs to be punished, Paula.
她需要被惩罚 宝拉
Yes, Mama.
好的 妈妈
Now, if anybody asks…
现在 如果有人问…
Sylvia… had to go to juvenile.
西尔维娅要去青少年感化院
You got that, Jennie?
你明白了吗 詹妮?
Okay.
好的
That’s it.
就这样
Are you sleeping?
你睡着了吗?
You okay?
你还好吗?
Yes.
好
It’s only gonna be for a little while.
这没多久的
Did you ever hear or see, Sylvia, talk back to any of those people…
当这些事情发生在西尔维娅身上的时候
when these things were being done to her?
你听到或是见过她顶撞这些人吗?
No, I never.
没 从来没有
When it first started did she say anything then?
当最开始的时候 她说什么了吗?
No, except she would say, I’m sorry, or something like that,
没有 除了她说 “对不起”或者类似这样的话
as if she did something wrong, but…
好像她做错了什么事 但是…
she never did anything wrong.
她什么都错都没有
Did you yourself, on any of these occasions, do anything to Sylvia?
在这段时间 你自己对西尔维娅做了什么?
I just did what I was told.
我只是做了我所说的那些
Now then, in the month of September did you see
那么 在九月份你看到过
anyone else, do anything to Sylvia?
别人对西尔维娅做了什么吗?
See, I told you so.
瞧 我跟你说过了
Damn.
我靠
What’d she do?
她做了什么?
She was real bad.
她非常坏
She’s dirty.
她很肮脏
Mama said, she was a slut.
妈妈说 她是个荡♥妇♥
Johnny!
约翰尼!
Don’t worry about it.
没事的
She’s used to it.
她习惯了
Watch this!
看看这个!
Neat, huh?
很整齐 嗯?
You just burn her like that?
你们就这样烫她?
Yeah, you can too.
对 你也可以
I don’t want to. What? You’re chicken?
我不想 什么? 你是胆小鬼?
It’s OK.
没事的
Mama, said you can.
妈妈说了 你们可以
Did you see Sally, take cigarettes, and actually burn Sylvia with them?
你确实看到萨利拿烟头烫西尔维娅了吗?
Yes. How many times?
是的 几次?
She would do it, every time she came over.
她每次来都会这么做
How many times did that happened?
发生过几次?
Every day.
每天
Did you go to 3850 East New York St…
在九月和十月期间…
during the months of September and October?
你去过纽约东路3850号♥吗?
Yes, Sir.
是的 先生
We go most days after school.
放学之后大部分时间我们都会去
And did you see Sylvia Likens, in the basement of that house?
你看到西尔维娅 莱肯斯在那房♥子的地下室里吗?
Yes, Sir.
是的 先生
Did you do anything at all to help her?
你做过任何一点什么去帮助她吗?
No, Sir.
没有 先生
What were the other children, be doing around the house?
房♥子周围的那些孩子在干什么?
Playing around.
四处玩
Did you ever tell some of the other kids that they should come over…
你告诉过一些周围的孩子去房♥子里…
to the house, because everyone was having fun with Sylvia?
因为每个人都可以从西尔维娅身上取乐?
I just thought, we were punishing her.
我只是觉得 我们是在惩罚她
Where was John standing, when he was washing her down.
当约翰把她冲倒的时候 他站在哪?
Right in front of her.
就在她面前
What part of her body was he spraying?
他冲她身体的哪个位置?
All over. Who’s hose was he using?
全身 他用的谁的水管?
It was my hose, Sir.
是我房♥子的 先生
Sally, did you ever see some of the other neighborhood kids, hurt Sylvia?
萨利 你看到过其他邻居家的孩子伤害西尔维娅吗?
Yes.
见过
Did you tell anybody, you saw anything?
你跟别人说过你看到的事情吗?
Not really.
没有
So, you told no one, what was happening at the Baniszewski’s house?
就是说 你没告诉任何人巴尼泽夫斯基家里发生的事情?
Well, I told my father…
哦 我告诉了我父亲…
Gertrude gave Sylvia, an awful whipping.
格特鲁德严厉的惩罚西尔维娅
But, he just told me, I shouldn’t do whatever she did…
不过 他只是跟我说 不要想她那样…
or I get the same.
否则我也一样
Shirley, was your mother ever present…
雪莉 当其他人正在那样对待西尔维娅的时候…
while some of the other people were doing these things, to Sylvia?
你妈妈有在场过吗?
Yes, she was.
有 她在
How many times?
有几次?
She was there, just about all the time.
她在 几乎所有时候都在
And what did she say when people were doing these things, to Sylvia?
当人们对西尔维娅做这些事情的时候她怎么说?
Nothing.
什么都没说
Did anyone order you, to hit Sylvia?
有任何人命令你 去伤害西尔维娅吗?
No, Sir.
没有 先生
Or, tie her up? No, Sir.
或者 把她绑起来? 没有 先生
Or, wash her down? No, Sir.
或者 把她冲倒? 没有 先生
Then, why did you do it, Teddy?
那么 为什么你要这么做 泰迪?
I don’t no, Sir.
我不知道 先生
I don’t no, Sir.
我不知道 先生
I don’t no, Sir.
我不知道 先生
You two, go upstairs.
你们俩 上楼
Yes, Mama.
好的 妈妈
Paula Baniszewski. Pregnancy test, Urinalysis.
宝拉·巴尼泽夫斯基 怀孕测试 尿检
Who is it?
谁啊?
You got any cigarettes?
有烟么?
Hear anything from Sylvia?
西尔维娅有什么消息么?
You really like her, don’t you?
你是真的喜欢她 不是吗?
She’s not good for you, Honey.
对你而言她不好 宝贝
You know, when she’s gonna be back?
她什么时候能回来?
Ricky, I told you, she wont have anything to do with you.
瑞奇 我说了 她不会和你怎么着的
She’s to busy with other boys.
她忙着和别的男孩们在一起呢
That’s why I had to send her to juve.
这就是为什么我要把她送到青少年感化院去
Hand me that!
给我!
Get! Alright, I’ll go.
走吧! 好 我走了
Here’s your money.
这是你的钱
Thank you, baby.
谢谢 宝贝
Paula…
宝拉…
Honey! You are a good daughter, I’m so proud of you.
宝贝! 你是个好女儿 我为你骄傲
It don’t matter what people say, you’d be holdin’ your head up high.
别人说什么都不重要 你应该抬起头来做人
We’re gettin’ through this.
我们会挺过去的
What about Sylvia?
西尔维娅怎么办?
Look…
听着…
I’ve been praying…
我一直在祈祷…
and I think, maybe it’s time to forgive her.
我想 或许是时候原谅她了
I think, she’s learned her lesson.
我想 她已经学乖了
Their are things in life, we have to do…
这都是躲不开的事情 我们不得不这样…
whate’er we like it or not.
不管我们喜欢还是不喜欢
Well, I don’t want any part of it.
好吧 我不想再参与其中了
Paula.
宝拉
Paula?
宝拉?
Come down here and talk to me!
下来跟我谈!
Hey, Sylvia? I’m not gonna hurt you, okay?
嘿 西尔维娅? 我不想伤害你 啊?
I’m not gonna hurt you.
我不想伤害你的
I know what it’s like to be sick, Sylvia.
我知道病了是什么感觉 西尔维娅
I’ve been sick for so long, too.
我也病了很久
I can’t…
我不能…
discipline my kids, the way that I should.
管好我的孩子
I’m punishing you I known, but…
我知道我是在惩罚你 但是…
sometimes, when I take medicine…
有时候 当我吃了些药…
it’s like, if I don’t know what I’m doing.
我就 不知道我在干什么