手套大家都用得到 这个可能只有你自己懂
A glove, everybody understands These, you might be the only one
我觉得你画得很好 比尔 – 谢谢你 朵恩
I think they’re divine, Bill – Thanks, Dawn
我还是很佩服有胆
Still, I’ve got to hand it to anybody
穿这身衣服和裤子的人
who’s got the guts to wear that shirt and those pants
干嘛?我说错什么?
What? What did I say?
老卢 每次都这样 – 干嘛?
Lou. Every time – What?
我今晚虚伪地聊了好多艺术的事
Well, I for one had enough pretentious art talk for one night
但你玩得很尽兴 你真的很开心
But you enjoyed yourself You had a good time
好吧 我是很开心
All right, I did
很高兴你恢复得这么好
I’m glad you’re doing so well, Dawn
我表现得不错吧?
I am doing well, aren’t I?
好久没看到你这么开心了
I haven’t seen you this happy in a long time
谢谢
Thank you, dear
你开车送他们回家 – 什么意思?
You drive them home – What do you mean?
开车送他们回家
You drive them home – Seymour
西摩! – 不要有意见
Don’t argue
我要我女儿
I want my daughter
你把我交给警♥察♥她就死定了 她会无依无靠
If you turn me in, she’ll die She’ll have no one
什么?你在胡说什么?
What? What are you talking about? – Stop
好了啦 你放我走 我就跟你说她在哪儿
All right, all right. If you let me go, I’ll tell you where she is
带我去 她在哪儿?在这儿吗?
You take me. Where is she? ls she here?
带我去找她 – 不行 我不想见她
You take me there – No. I don’t want to see her
什么? – 我受不了了
What? – I can’t take it anymore
你受不了?你受不了?
You can’t take it? You can’t take it?!
等一下 她在纽华克?
Wait a minute She’s in Newark?
就是那栋大楼
That’s the building
下车吧
Get out of the van
下车! – 好啦
Out – All right. All right
二楼有家动物医院
There’s a dog and cat hospital on the second floor
她在那儿工作
She’s got a job there
但你别进去 等她出来
But don’t go in. Wait for her
你进去会引起骚动 她会被发现
If you go in, you’ll make a scene She’ll be discovered
她过不了联邦调查局那一关
She couldn’t handle that She’d never survive the FBI
好好照顾她 黎沃夫先生
Take care of her, Mr. Levov
爸爸
Daddy?
我好寂寞
I’m lonesome
你从哪儿学来这种形容词?
Where do you even get a word like that?
我喜欢你抱着我
I like it when you hold me
那我永远不放开你
Then I’ll never let you go
永远?
Ever?
永远不会
Not ever
玛丽?
Merry?
爸
Daddy
你说话不结巴了 – 对啊
You’re not stuttering – No, I’m not
爸 我成了耆那教♥徒♥
I’ve become a Jain, Daddy
耆那教♥徒♥?
A “Jain”?
我们是个印度小教派
We’re a small Indian sect
戴面纱避免伤害空气中的生灵
I wear the veil to do no harm to the organisms that dwell in the air
玛丽 这里好可怕
Merry, this is awful
你每晚都要经过这儿吗?
Do you walk this way every night?
我们也不沐浴 免得伤害水源
Nor do we bathe, to do no harm to the water
我们要小心走路免得踩伤生物
We step carefully for fear of crushing some living object
即使最低等的生物也囚禁着灵魂
There are souls imprisoned in even the lowest form of life
原谅我 玛丽
Forgive me, Merry, but…
这种地方你怎么住?
How can you stand this?
没关系 爸
It’s okay, Daddy
真的 我没事
Really, I’m okay
你床边总是贴满东西
You always had things over your bed
以前是奥黛莉赫本的照片
Used to be pictures of Audrey Hepburn
那是五戒
Those are the five vows
“我戒绝杀害所有生命”
“L renounce all killing of living beings,
“不论大小、会不会动”
whether subtle or gross, moveable or immovable.”
我戒绝所有源于愤怒的谎言
“I renounce all vices of lying speech arising from anger
我戒绝与神或人的所有性欢愉
I renounce all sexual pleasure with either Gods or men,
我戒绝收取非我所有之物
all taking of anything not given.”
我觉得你是害怕自己做的事
I think you’re terrified of what you’ve done
我不会问你做了什么
I’m not going to ask what you’ve done
我下定决心不问你这样的问题
I made up my mind. I’m not going to ask you anything like that
但我觉得你不逃避惩罚
But I think that rather than evade punishment,
反而是在惩罚你自己
you’ve taken it into your own hands
没关系 爸
It’s all right, Daddy
我能相信你无法理解
I can believe that you can’t understand
这应该不是难以作出的结论
I don’t believe it’s a difficult conclusion to reach, honey
我想看到你住在这儿的人
I don’t think I’m the only person who, seeing you here,
不只有我会这样想
would come up with that idea
你想悔过 但这不是悔过
You want to do penance, but this is not penance
就算国家也不会这样惩罚你
Not even the state would punish you like this
爸… – 不
Daddy – No
看看你怎么对待自己
Look at what you’ve done to yourself
再这样下去你可能会死
You could die if you keep this up
死了才能重生
But only to be reborn
至少说话时拿掉面纱让我看看你
Will you at least take off that mask while we’re talking so I can see you?
你意思是看我结巴吗?
See me stutter, do you mean?
我维有结巴才不会伤害空气
My stutter was only my way of doing no violence to the air
与其这样你不如
Well, maybe you would have been better off with your stutter
结巴还比较好
if you had to go this far
你去了哪里?
Where have you been?
你是来纽华克让我找到你吗?
Did you come to Newark to help me find you?
我搭了车就来到这儿了
I got a ride and here I was, you see?
巧合?如此而已?
Coincidence? That’s all?
我在这世上是毫无影响力的
The world is not a place on which I have any influence or wish to have any
至于巧合 你和我…
As to what constitutes a coincidence, you and I, Daddy
这么多年来你去了哪里?
Where have you been all these years?
在汉姆林事件后 我去了希拉家
After Hamlins, I went to Sheila’s
你的治疗师希拉史密斯?
Sheila Smith, your therapist?
她收留了我几天
She kept me for a few days
然后送我去找窝藏通缉犯的人
and then she sent me on to people in the underground
她送你去找他们?希拉? – 对
She sent you to them? Sheila? – Yes
他们很照顾我
They took care of me
但待在任何地方都不安全
But it wasn’t safe to stay anywhere
我在两个月内换了十五个化名 每四、五天就要搬一次家
In two months, I had 15 aliases and moved every four or five days
我从墓园里的墓碑上找名字
I took a name from a tombstone in a cemetery
玛丽…
Merry…
有天早上我接到一通电♥话♥ 叫我去灰狗巴士站
One morning, I received a phone call that I was to go to the Greyhound station
他们给我一张往芝加哥的车票
They gave me a ticket to Chicago
我要在那儿住两天
I would stay there for two days and then travel to Oregon,
然后去俄勒冈州躲藏
where there would be sanctuary
我到芝加哥当晚就被强♥暴♥了
I was raped the night I arrived in Chica– cago
天哪
Oh, my God
我被囚禁、强♥暴♥和洗劫
Held captive and raped and robbed
跟我回家吧 玛丽
Come home with me, Merry
爸 你自己回去
You go, Daddy
丢下你?你以为我能丢下你?
Leave you? You think I could leave you?
在我做了这么 – 你非走不可
After everything I’ve– – You must
你必须丢下我 你走吧
That’s exactly what you must do: is go
不 你要我做的是不可能的事
No. You’re asking me to do something impossible
我找了你好久
I’ve looked for you for so long
我不能走
I can’t
回家吧 回家吧 玛丽
Come home Come home, Merry
爸 请你走吧
Please go now, Daddy
请你走吧
Please go
怎么了 瑞典仔?
What’s wrong, Swede?
你从来没告诉过我
You never told me
你见过她了 你见到玛丽了 – 她来过你家
You’ve seen her, you’ve seen Merry – She came to your house
你为何让她走?
Why did you let her go?
回答我!你早就知道了
Answer me! You knew
上了新闻
It was on the news
她炸毁房♥子你还把她藏在你家?
She blew up a building and you hid her in your house?
我听说时也不敢相信
When I heard, I couldn’t believe it
但我是她的治疗师 不能背叛她
But I was her therapist I couldn’t betray her