我没有要这么做
That’s not what I’m doing.
约翰走路红牌威士忌 24美金
Johnnie Walker Red, 24 bucks.
约翰走路黑牌威士忌 50美金
Johnnie Walker Black, 50 bucks.
约翰走路蓝牌威士忌 160美金
Johnnie Walker Blue…$160.
你懂我的比喻了吗?
You see the metaphor?
不懂
No.
这些都是同公♥司♥制♥造♥的酒
These are all made by the same company.
红牌很难喝 黑牌没那么难喝 蓝牌很好喝
The Red is shit, the Black is less shit, the Blue is good.
但很少人买♥♥蓝牌 因为很贵
But fewer people buy the blue because it’s expensive.
而大家一天终了之时只想喝醉
And at the end of the day, most people just want to get drunk.
你的职涯中 你的书都是蓝牌
For most of your career, your books have been Blue.
都很棒 很复杂
They’re good, complex.
但它们并不受欢迎 因为人们只想看好读的书
But they’re not popular because most people want something easy.
你生平第一次写出红牌书
Now, for the first time ever, you’ve written a Red book.
简单又低俗
It’s simple, prurient.
不是好的文学作品 却满足人们的需要
It’s not great literature, but… satisfies an urge.
这是很宝贵的
And that’s valuable.
我想要描述的是 只因为你写了红牌书
What I’m trying to illustrate is that, just because you do Red
不表示你写不出蓝牌
doesn’t mean you can’t also do Blue.
你什么书都能写
You can do it all.
就像约翰走路一样
Like Johnnie Walker.
事实上 你比约翰走路还强 因为…
In fact, you got Johnnie Walker beat, because…
你还不用放上你真正的名字
you don’t even have to put your real name on it.
老天
Jesus.
要开喝了吗?
Do we drink now?
喂? -喂 葆拉
Hello? Hello, Paula.
阿瑟 很高兴接到你的电♥话♥
Arthur! So wonderful to hear from you.
希望你有跟那位当红炸子鸡在一起
Um, I hope that you are with the man of the hour.
没错 他就坐在我旁边
I am, indeed. He’s right here next to me.
利亚先生?
Mr. Leigh?
我就是
Uh, yeah, this is he.
真的吗?
Oh, really?
对 怎么了吗?
Yeah, goddamn it.
好耶 -去你的
Right. Right. Okay. -Motherfucker.
好的
我本来有点疑惑 但是…
Yeah, I was a little confused at first, but…
我们都很期待 讨论汤普森·瓦特的开价
We’re both very excited to discuss Thompson-Watt’s offer.
好的 首先我得说
Yes, well, first of all, let me just say
汤普森·瓦特的全体同仁 都很爱《我有病》
that all of us here at Thompson-Watt are thrilled with My Pafology.
这真是长久以来最完美的书了
It is about as perfect a book as I have seen in a long, long while.
很直接很真实
Just… just raw and real.
利亚先生 这是改编自 你的真实故事吗?
And, Mr. Leigh, is this based on your actual life?
对啊 难道你以为这个故事
Yeah, you think some bitch-ass college boy
是某个大学屁孩想出来的吗?
can come up with that shit?
不 我没有
No, no. No, I don’t.
书中那股…
No. You know, that kind of
原始能量是学不来的 对吧?
visceral energy cannot be taught, right?
斯塔格…我可以这么称呼你吗?
Stagg… May I call you–
斯塔格是笔名吗?
Now, is Stagg a pseudonym?
是的
Yes, uh, it is.
利亚先生不能用本名 因为他是…
Mr. Leigh can’t use his real name because he’s a…
他是通缉犯
Well, he’s a wanted fugitive.
我的天 哇
Oh, my God. Wow.
所以他才不能进行视频通话
That’s why this couldn’t be a video conference.
你疯了吗? 万一他们去查证怎么办?
Are you crazy? What if they fact check this?
查证? 他们连付编辑的费用都快没了
I checked. There’s barely money to pay editors anymore.
就跟着演出吧
Just go with it.
对 我才刚坐牢12年 我不要再回去了
Yeah, I did a 12-year bid, but no going back.
你懂我的意思吗?
Know what I mean?
我懂 这样吧
Yeah. Yeah, you know, um…
我读了很多关于废除监狱运动的书
I’ve been reading a lot about the prison abolition movement…
老天 -我已…
Oh, God! -I’ve…
很抱歉催促你 葆拉 但我们可以谈正事吗?
Sorry to rush, Paula, but can we talk business?
利亚先生很重视他狱外的时间
Mr. Leigh values his time outside of a cell.
当然 我相信你们都很忙
Of course. I’m sure you’re both very, very busy
那么我就直接讲重点吧
so I will get right to it.
你会发现稿费非比寻常地高
Um, you’ll notice that our offer is…unusually large
那是因为我们相信 利亚先生写出了畅销书
and that is because we believe Mr. Leigh has written a bestseller.
我们认为那会是今夏必读的畅销书
We think it is going to be the read of the summer.
我相信汉普顿的白人们
Yeah, I’m sure white people on the Hamptons
会很喜欢这本书
will delight in it.
没错 一定会 我们…
Yes, we will. They–We–
这本书一定会热卖♥♥
It’s going to be huge. Huge.
我爱死了
I love it.
是塞洛尼斯·艾里森吗?
Is that little Thelonious Ellison?
老天 米纳
My God! Maynard!
大家都还是称呼你为莫克吗?
Everyone still call you Monk?
除了你之外都是这样
Well, everyone but you.
那是个很美的名字
Well, it’s a beautiful name.
不完整称呼实在太罪过了
It seems simple not to use it whole.
很高兴有人喜欢
Well, I’m glad someone appreciates it.
我听说你妹的事了 请节哀
I heard about your sister. My condolences.
谢谢
Thank you.
我好像很久没看到你了
I don’t think I’ve seen you since
自从你父亲过世后
before your father passed?
是啊 好一阵子了 我现在住在洛杉矶
Yeah, it’s been a while. I live in LA now.
好莱坞
Oh! Hollywood.
你是《重返犯罪现场》的编剧吗?
Hey, do you write for that NCIS?
我只有写书
Just books.
你应该去当《重返犯罪现场》的编剧 那部戏很红
Well, you should try to write for NCIS. It’s popular.
也许吧 再看看
Well, maybe I will.
你最近过得如何?
Hey, so, how you been?
还不错 你呢? -这个嘛
Oh, I’m good. And you? Yeah…
莫克先生 你晚餐想吃什么?
Mr. Monk. What would you like for dinner?
米纳 -嗨 罗兰
Maynard! Hi, Lorraine.
好久不见了
It’s been a dog’s age.
我想也是
Well, I guess it has.
你看起来还不错
You look well.
你也是
You too.
我得回去了
Well, I best be getting back.
很高兴见到你 塞洛尼斯 -我也很高兴
It’s good to see you, Thelonious. You too.
罗兰
Lorraine.
没什么好笑的
Ain’t nothing to smile at.
她来了
Oh! There she is.
乖一点
Behave yourself.
嘿 -嗨
Hey. Hi.
这个是送你的 -谢谢
Got this for you. -Oh, thank you.
罗兰 这是卡罗琳
Lorraine, this is Coraline. -Oh.
嘿 -欢迎
Hey. -Welcome.
你好 -你好
Yeah, hello. -Hello.
妈 这时机真好 她是卡罗琳
Mother, perfect timing. This is Coraline.
你好 亲爱的 我是爱格妮斯
Hello, dear, I’m Agnes.
很高兴见到你 我买♥♥了这些
Such a pleasure to meet you. I brought you these.
我最爱大丽花了
Dahlias are my favorite.
花瓣中藏了一整个世界
There’s a whole world inside them.
罗兰? -好的
Lorraine? -Yes.
妈 你坐这里
Mother, you sit here.
好的
All right.
卡罗琳 你坐我妈对面好吗?
And, Coraline, why don’t you sit across from Mother?
好的
Oh, sure, sure.

Okay.
我很高兴你不是白人
I’m happy you’re not white.
我也是
Me too.
对啊 满好笑的
Yeah, it was pretty funny.
我觉得你…
Well, I think you…
你让我想到我妹
I think you remind her of my sister.
你觉得我们很像吗?
Well, do you think we look alike?
不像 但是…
No, but…
你们都很有自信 也很幽默
you’re both self-assured…and funny…
你们也都…
and you’re both…
吻技很好