你不废 我也不废
Because you ain’t shit, I ain’t shit.
我得走了
I gots to bounce.
再会啦 混♥蛋♥
Peace, motherfucker.
再见
Peace.
刚才那是什么鬼?
What the fuck was that for?
你正在WHN收看《黑人故事月》
You’re watching Black Stories Month on WHN.
颂扬非裔美国人的多元经验
Celebrating the diversity of the African-American experience.
请继续收看更多引人入胜的电影 心碎和戏剧
Join us for more riveting cinema, heartbreak, and drama.
喂?
Hello?
我在夜晚中站在户外
“I be standing outside in the night,
一台警用直升机飞过
a police chopper go by
用探照灯打在后院
and shine some lights in some backyards
我想:”把光打在我身上吧 混♥蛋♥
and I think, ‘Shine that light on me, motherfucker,
把该死的光打在我身上
shine me some fucking light
我才能看见我到底身在何方”
so I can see where the fuck I be at.'”
你是认真的吗?
Are you serious?
你有发现我没放我的名字吗?
You notice I didn’t put my name on it.
对 你放斯塔格·R·利亚
Yes, Stagg R. Leigh,
我有发现 很棒
I did notice that. Well done.
但我还是没把它送出去
But I still can’t send this out.
你说你想要黑人文学 这个不够黑吗?
You said you wanted Black stuff. What’s Blacker than that?
里头有游手好闲的爸爸 饶舌歌♥手、毒品
It’s got deadbeat dads, rappers, crack,
他最后还被警♥察♥杀了
and he gets killed by a cop in the end.
这样很黑对吧?
I mean, that’s… that’s… that’s Black, right?
我知道你在干什么 -很好 因为这一点都不隐讳
I see what you’re doing. Good, because it’s not subtle.
这本书跟其他出版社
I mean, how’s that book so different
出的垃圾书们有什么差别?
than some of the other garbage they put out?
那不是重点 -这就是我的重点
That’s not the point. Well, it’s my point.
你看看他们出版的东西
Look at what they publish.
看看他们要我们写的东西
Look at what they expect us to write.
我感到厌恶
I’m sick of it.
这是我表达厌恶的方式
And that’s an expression of how sick I am.
莫克 我想要卖♥♥书
Monk, I’m trying to sell books,
而非参加某种圣♥战♥行动
not be a part of some crusade.
有谁会想出这种书?
Who do you expect to publish this?
没人
No one.
我只希望他们碰了一鼻子灰
I just want to rub their noses in the horseshit they solicit.
好 那你希望我怎么做?
Okay. What do you want me to do?
我要你把稿子送出去
I want you to send it out.
我可以说这是表演艺术吗?
Can I say it’s performance art?
不 直接送出
No. Send it straight.
若他们开不起玩笑 就去死吧
If they can’t take the joke, then fuck them.
好 但我只想寄给几家出版社就好
All right, but I’m only sending it to a couple of places.
这东西吓到我了
This thing scares me.
吓到你? 为什么?
Scares you? Why?
因为白人希望能看到真♥相♥ 事实却不然
Because white people think they want the truth, but they don’t.
他们只想感到被饶恕
They just want to feel absolved.
幸好那不是我的问题
Well, fortunately, that’s not my problem.
好 -再见
Okay. -Bye.
冰淇淋
我很惊讶你来找我 我以为你只是表示友善而已
I’m surprised you reached out. I thought you were just being nice.
我从不只是表示友善
Oh, I’m never just being nice.
我这年纪已经不干这种事了
I’m too old for that.
我很喜欢你 事实上
You know, I like you so much, in fact,
我又去买♥♥了你的另一本书
that I went out and got another one of your books.
真的吗? 哪本?
Really? Which one?
《海斯难题》
The Haas Conundrum.
你觉得如何?
What’d you think?
我很喜欢
I liked it.
苏珊的对白很棒
Susan has really great dialogue.
我也喜欢里面的阿姨
And I love the aunt.
你很会描写女性
Wow. I mean, you write women well.
真的吗?
Oh, you think so?
对啊 她们不再是温室花朵 -谢谢
Yeah. They’re not hothouse flowers. Thank you.
谢谢你这么说
I appreciate that. -Mm.
但我觉得不需要有那么多批注
I could’ve done with less footnotes though.
我得走了
I, uh… I got to run.
你妈还好吗?
Well, how’s your mom?
时好时坏
In and out.
我可能离开太久了
I’m afraid to be away for too long.
好 -但是…
Yeah. -But, uh…
我会再打给你
I’ll, uh… I’ll call you.
等等
Hold on a minute.
《海斯难题》塞洛尼斯·艾里森
帮我的书签名
Sign my book.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name again?
莫克先生?
Mr. Monk?
怎么没有灯?
What’s going on with the lights?
莉莎小姐以前会负责付电费
Miss Lisa used to pay the bill.
你付了吗?
Did you?
多少钱?
How much?
我可以负责电费
Well, I can handle the electrical bills,
但照护机构实在太贵了
but these care facilities are expensive.
最近又最好的一家 每个月要交5600
The best one nearby is $5,600 a month,
而且还是多人房♥
and that’s for a shared room.
单人房♥的话是6900
It goes up to $6,900 a month for a private room.
你为何一定要找最好的? 她又不是世上最好的母亲
Well, why you looking at the best one? She wasn’t the best mother.
听着 我不是来重提儿时恩怨的
Look, I’m not here to re-litigate our childhoods.
当然不是 因为你的童年很棒
Of course not, because yours was great.
该死 你到底要不要帮忙?
Goddamn it! Are you going to help me or not?
有医疗福利可以帮忙吗?
Won’t Medicaid cover it or something?
那不是这么用的 你不知道吗?
That’s not how it works. You don’t know this?
你好
Oh. Hello.
那是谁? 你在干什么?
Who’s that? What are you doing?
我要去上我爱人
I’ve taken a lover.
你要去上你爱人?
You’ve taken a lover?
有什么问题吗? 恐同人士?
You got a problem with that, homophobe?
听着 你要去上你爱人 不会冒犯我 克里夫
Listen, I’m not offended that you’ve taken a lover, Cliff.
我被冒犯的地方 克里夫 是你说:”你要去上你爱人”
I’m offended, Cliff, that you call it taking a lover.
去吃屎吧 黑鬼
Mm, you can eat shit, nigga.
我现在要去上我爱人了
I’ll take my lover right now.
嘿 你要去哪?
Hey, where you going?
你来了
There you are.
路上堵车 怎么了?
Traffic was insane. What’s up?
坐吧
Sit down.
坐下
Have a seat.
我卖♥♥掉你的书了
We sold your book.
老天
Holy shit!
我以为这本书没救了 -波斯人可不这么认为
I thought it was DOA. -Not The Persians.
不会吧
No.
太狂了
Get out!
是汤普森·瓦特出版社的葆拉·贝特曼
Paula Betaman from Thompson-Watt.
她每次都拒绝
She always passes.
这次可没有 他们想以75万美金抢先购入
Not this time. They want to preempt for $750,000.
从没有人给我这样的价格
No one’s ever offered that much to me.
现在你得到了 -不 阿瑟
This is you. -No, it’s not, Arthur.
书是你写的 -我是写来闹笑话的
You wrote it. -As a joke.
那这就是你说过最好赚的笑话了
Well, now it’s the most lucrative joke you’ve ever told.
我不要卖♥♥ -为什么?
And I’m not selling. -Why not?
因为那是垃圾 阿瑟
Because it’s trash, Arthur.
你之前甚至不想把它寄出去
You didn’t even want to send it out the other day.
但看看是谁瞬间不怕了
Oh, but look who’s suddenly overcome his fears.
我知道 我为了销♥售♥破戒
I know, I broke the first rule of sales.
绝对不要小看人们愚蠢的程度
Never underestimate how stupid everyone is.
我不要再让这件事更加愚蠢了
Well, I’m not participating in making them any stupider.
你目前还没
Well, you haven’t thus far,
这的确值得令人敬佩 但是…
which is admirable, but…
你也还没赚到钱
you also haven’t made any money.
难道你妈不需要这笔钱吗?
Doesn’t your mom need help these days?
你看
Check this out.
我不管我被灌多醉 我不要卖♥♥
I don’t care how drunk we get, I’m not selling it.