我是整形医师
I’m a plastic surgeon.
若我看到尸体 那表示大事不妙了
If I’m looking at a corpse, then something went very awry.
也是
Right.
这让我替妈感到难过
Yeah. Made me feel for Mother.
很难想象当她发现爸过世的心情
Can’t imagine what she must’ve gone through finding Dad…
是那样走的 -我懂
you know, like that. I know.
这么多死亡
So much death.
我们上回团聚在此是何时呢?
When was the last time we were here together?
也许十年前吧
Maybe ten years.
是啊
Yeah.
孩子们都还很小 -对
The kids were still little. Yeah.
对了 你的家人还好吗?
How is your family, by the way?
你在乎吗?
You actually care?
当然 不然我问你干什么? 你为何这么问?
Of course. Why would I ask? Why would you ask me that?
不知道 莫克 你不曾打来关心
I don’t know, Monk. You never really called.
我很忙 -对 大家都很忙
I get busy. -Yeah, everybody gets busy.
你疏离我们
You drift away.
你想知道我的家人如何?
You want to know how my family is?
我妻子因为发现我和别的男人 在床上而离开我
My wife left me ’cause she caught me in bed with a man.
她夺走了我的房♥子和一半的诊所
She took my house, half my practice.
我的孩子恨死我了
My kids fucking hate me.
我还住在该死的图森
And I still live in fucking Tucson.
图森怎么了?
What was wrong with Tucson?
老天 那里有一家同志酒吧
Oh, my God. There’s one gay bar
里面都是大学生
and it’s full of college kids.
有人问我是不是泰勒·派瑞
One of them asked me if I was Tyler Perry.
太糟了
That’s terrible.
泰勒·派瑞住在亚特兰大
I mean, Tyler Perry lives in Atlanta, right?
去死啦
Fuck you, man.
闭嘴 -离图森那么远
Shut up. Nowhere near Tucson.
老天
Oh, boy.
你知道爸有外遇吗?
Did you know Dad had affairs?
当然
Oh, for sure.
怎么知道的?
How?
看就知道啊
You could just tell.
莉莎说她看过他亲一个白人女人
Lisa told me she saw him kissing a white woman once.
为什么我都不知道?
Why did I have no idea?
为什么我是最后知道的?
Why am I the last to know?
因为你太爱他了
Because you loved him too much.
敌人比朋友更了解彼此
Enemies see each other better than friends.
你给她吃什么?
What the hell did you give her?
止痛药 能让她们马上睡着
It’s oxycodone. But knocks them right out.
你给她止痛药帮助睡眠?
You gave her opioids to sleep?
对啊 你看过嗑海♥洛♥因♥的人吗?
Yeah. You ever seen a heroin addict?
那些家伙站着就可以睡
Those guys take naps standing up.
太危险了
It’s dangerous.
我会仔细观察她的 我是医生
Look, I’m keeping an eye on her. I’m a doctor.
我也是 -才怪
So am I. -Right.
除非有句子需要急救
Maybe if we need to revive a sentence.
但你为什么会有这种药?
Well, why do you have synthetic smack anyway?
那是什么?
What is that?
该死
Oh, shit.
妈?
Mother?
妈?
Mother?

Hey.
嘿 你在干什么?
Hey. What are you doing? Hey.

Mother.

Hey.
还好吗?
Come on.
别这样
Come on.
老实说 我也不清楚
Well, I’m not sure, to be honest with you.
要看医生怎么说
It’s going to depend on what the doctors say.
有更多信息我再跟你说
Yeah, I’ll touch base when I know more.
感谢你的体谅
Thanks so much for being understanding.
李奥 还有一件事
Hey, um, Leo, one more thing.
也许我们可以把这件事
I was wondering if maybe we could treat this
视为学术休假而不是请假
as a sabbatical as opposed to a leave of absence?
不管我妈怎么了 都需要花钱
Whatever happens with my mother, it’s going to cost some money.
不 我了解
No, I understand.
这不是你的错
No, it’s not your fault.
我会再想办法
I’ll figure something out.
感谢你的帮忙
Yeah. Thanks for your help.
好 再见
Okay. Bye-bye.
可恶
你不用这么做
You don’t have to do that.
不 我想这么做
Oh, no. I do.
现在是西红柿季 可不能浪费了
It’s tomato season. You can’t let them go to waste.
那可是暴殄天物
Ooh. -A crime around here.
谢谢
Thank you.
这就是邻居应尽的义务 对吧?
That’s what neighbors are for, right?
欢迎搬到这区
Welcome to the neighborhood.
我以为这间房♥屋是空屋
I thought the place was vacant.
它确实空了一阵子
Uh, it has been for a while.
我们昨晚才到
We just got here last night.
我以为这里闹鬼
Oh. Figured the place was haunted.
听说有个老人在这 开枪轰了自己的脑袋
They said some old man blew his brains out there a while back.

Yeah.
噢 我的天 我…
Oh, my God. I…
我真是个该死的白♥痴♥
I’m a fucking idiot.
请原谅我
Please forgive me.
没关系
Well…
我很遗憾
Oh, I’m very sorry to hear that.
她是做什么的?
What’d she do for a living?
她是医生
She was a doctor. Um…
我大部分的家人都是医生
Most of my family, doctors.
基本上 我是个局外人
Basically, I’m the outcast.
你是做什么的?
Um, what do you do for work?
我是律师
I’m a lawyer.
公设辩护人 在昆西
Public defense. Quincy.
很值得尊敬
Very honorable.
是啊 很不容易 但很有成就感
Yeah. It’s very hard, but can be rewarding.
我可以问一个 很多人都会问的问题吗?
May I ask you something that I’m sure a lot of people ask you?
替罪犯辩护的感觉是什么?
How do I feel about defending guilty people?
对 -我很喜欢
Yeah. I love it.
为什么? -我得替他们辩护 而他们都有罪
Why? I have to. And they’re all guilty.
真的吗? -对 但没有关系
Really? -Yes. But that’s okay.
在罪行背后 人们还是有他的价值
People are more than their worst deed.
我想我同意 -我想也是
I guess I agree with that. Mm. Sure you do.
你是作家 -我不懂
You’re a writer. I don’t follow.
作家都必须保持中立
Well, writers have to be non-judgmental.
你不能写出一些有趣的角色
You can’t write interesting characters
却又同时批评他们所做的错误决定
and be critical of every bad decision they make. Right?
也许你才该当作家 我最近没什么当作家的感觉
Maybe you should be the writer. I don’t feel like much of one lately.
你遇到写作瓶颈了?
You blocked?
只是…
It’s just…
我觉得人们不想买♥♥我写的书
I don’t think anybody wants to buy what I write.
才不呢
That’s not true.
我本来不想透露
I didn’t want to say anything,
但我其实有读过你的某本书
but, um, I actually read one of your books.
哪本?
Hm. Which?
《青蛙》
The Frogs.
原来就是你
Oh, so you were the one.
我很喜欢
I liked it.
你很有才华
You’re talented.
有人要来吗?
You’re expecting company?

Yeah.
你好 -嘿
Hello. Hey.
杰拉尼 这是莫克
Jelani, uh, this is Monk.
对街的房♥子是他和他家人的
He and his family own the house across the street.
很高兴见到你 -我也是
Nice to meet you. Yeah, it’s a pleasure.
你要留下来吃晚餐吗?