I don’t.
再见
Bye.
一切都还好吧?
Is everything all right?
还好
Yeah.
我只是压力有点大
I’m just a little stressed out. This, uh.
文学奖的工作比我想象中还繁重
book award stuff is a bit more work than I expected.
可恶
Shit.
没关系 再去厨房♥拿一些叉子就好
It’s no biggie. Got more forks in the kitchen.
这是什么? -我朋友给我的
What’s this? Mm. My friend got it for me.
你读了吗? -当然还没 你呢?
Have you read it? Of course not, have you?
读了
Yeah.
《操》
你觉得如何?
And what did you think of it?
我很喜欢 -为什么喜欢?
I liked it. -What did you like about it?
它没冒犯到你吗?
Um… -It didn’t offend you?
你不是说你还没读吗? 怎么了?
You just said you didn’t read it. What’s your problem?
不 回答我的问题
No, you answer my question.
你才回答我的问题
You answer mine.
我的问题是这种书一点都不真实
My problem is that books like this aren’t real.
它简化了我们的人生
They flatten our lives.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
虽然我的生活一团糟
I mean, that… you know, my life is a disaster,
但不是书里描述的这样
but not in the way you’d think reading this shit.
这些东西简化了我们的生命历程
These things reduce us and they do it over
他们却一再这么做 只因为有太多白人
and over again because too many white people,
和你这样的人喜欢这种垃圾
and people apparently like you devour this slop
就像吃馊水的猪
like pigs at a dumpster
或是想在鸡尾酒派对跟上潮流
to stay current at fucking cocktail parties
之类的 -好
or whatever. -Okay, um…
一个好几年没出书的人意见这么多
You got a lot of opinions for someone who hasn’t published anything for years.
而你又出版了什么?
And you’ve published what exactly?
你到底是有什么问题?
Okay, what is wrong with you?
你为什么要这样?
Why are you acting like this?
我没有怎么样
I’m not acting like anything.
你这几周都怪里怪气的
You’ve been acting like a weirdo for weeks.
你一直混淆视听、偷偷摸摸
You’ve been obfuscating, sneaking around.
没人知道你在干什么
You’re fucking unknowable.
也许你以为神神秘秘 很潮又很有艺术感
Maybe you think being an enigma is chic and artsy.
那只会让你像个混♥蛋♥ -这个嘛
I just think it makes you an asshole. Well, um,
你不懂我的人生 你也没办法
you don’t understand my life, and you can’t,
所以就不要深究了
so just leave it at that.
也许你有天会了解
One day, maybe you’ll learn
无法与他人产生共鸣
that not being able to relate to other people
并不是一件值得荣耀的事
isn’t a badge of honor.
我觉得你该离开了
I think you should leave.
你知道我怎么想的吗?
Well, you know what I think?
你该离开了 莫克
You should leave, Monk.
乱写一通
Nonsense.
你们需要帮忙吗?
You guys need any help with that?
不用 我们没问题
Nah, we’re good.
我以为你们需要帮忙
I thought you could use a little brawn.
我们自己来就好了
We got it.
莫克先生 你介意 把气泡水制♥造♥机给我吗?
Mr. Monk. You mind I keep the soda maker?
反正你也不喜欢气泡水 对吧?
You don’t like the bubbly water anyhow, right?
送你吧 -谢谢
It’s all yours. -Thank you.
嘿 那这个呢?
Um… Hey, what about this?
不要 一直都很讨厌那个颜色
No. I always hated that color.
那是你♥爸♥买♥♥的
It’s just the one your father bought.
塞洛尼斯 你的包裹
Thelonious, this just came for you.
好的 谢谢
Okay, thanks.
这是最后一批了
This is the last of it.
再会了 莫克先生
Goodbye, Mr. Monk.
再见 罗兰
Bye, Lorraine.
开车小心
Drive safe.
我们婚礼见 -好的
Guess I’ll see you at the wedding. All right.
我来拿
I’ll take that there.
我们很乐意提名这本书 参加文学奖评选
显然汤普森·瓦特 希望能赶快出版这本书
Thompson Watt apparently raced to publish it.
我听说他们已经印了30万册
Yeah, I heard that they ran 300,000 copies already
很快又要再刷
and they’re reprinting more soon.
这本书势如破竹
I mean, it’s going like gangbusters .
老天 这本书最好真的那么好看
Christ on a crutch! It better be good.
我听说作者是通缉犯
Hey, I heard the writer’s a fugitive.
这样就能解释书名了
Well, that would explain the title.
他可没受过文化洗礼
He didn’t go to charm school.
我认为那样的背景很加分
No, I think that that background is a plus.
我很喜欢读有色人种
I am thrilled to read a BIPOC man harmed
被我们监狱国家欺负的故事
by our carceral state.
你也是那种支持 减少警方资源的疯子吗?
Are you one of those defund the police nuts?
对 但我不期望能得到你的理解
Yes, and I wouldn’t expect you to understand.
希望你爱的人不会被强♥暴♥或谋杀
Well, I hope someone you love doesn’t get raped or murdered.
我们现在可以不要聊这个吗?
Can we not talk about this now, please?
听着
Look, look, look.
无论他是否是罪犯 我们都不该把这本书加进来
Criminal or not, I don’t think we should add it.
这个过程已经进行好几周了 我不晓得你们的状况
We’re already weeks into the process, and I don’t know about any of you,
但我还有十几本书还没读
but I’ve got more than a dozen books I haven’t even opened yet.
这本书在缴交日期前就出版了
It was published before the submission date,
我认为我们应该要收这本书
I think we have to accept it.
只是多一本书而已
Yeah, it’s just one more.
而且看样子 这本书很快就读完了
And from the looks of it, it should be a quick read.
像是一场性♥爱♥快餐
A quick fuck.
我有过几次这样的经验
I’ve had a couple of those.
我要挂电♥话♥了 再见
Bye, guys. Bye.
嗨 小亲亲
Hi, Monkie.
你好美
You look beautiful.
你好
Oh, hello.
小亲亲 我们认识这些人吗?
Monkie, do we know these men?
不 妈 这些人不是幻觉 他们是真的陌生人
No, Mother, this isn’t the Alzheimer’s, these are actual strangers.
你们是谁? -我们是克里夫的朋友
Who are you people? We’re Cliff’s friends.
我想也是
Of course, you are.
我们是几天前认识的 我是肯尼 他是艾文
We met him a few days ago. I’m Kenny, this is Alvin.
你是莫克吗? -是的 你怎么知道?
Are you Monk? I am. How did you know?
克里夫说莫克的屁♥股♥很紧实
Oh. Well, Cliff said Monk’s a real tight-ass.
是吗? 真开心
Did he? Delightful.
妈 你坐这边
Mother, you sit here.
罗兰?
Lorraine?
你喜欢炒蛋吗? -我很爱炒蛋
Do you like scrambled eggs? I love scrambled eggs.
你在这里干什么? -你才是吧
What the hell are you doing here? You first.
靠 婚礼
Oh, shit, the wedding.
靠
Ah. -Oh, fuck!
我没去机场
I didn’t go to the airport.
我离开的那天 我想自己静静
That day I left, I needed some time to myself.
想自己静静表示不想被打扰
Time to oneself implies by definition, time alone.
老天 走吧
Oh, Christ, here we go.
字典侦探
Detective Dictionary. -Ah!
克里夫先生 -很抱歉 各位 我来处理
Mr. Cliff. I’m sorry, guys, I’ll handle it.
你得离开
You need to leave.
别整理了 走吧
Don’t bother to clean up, just go.
不 没关系 请留下来
Oh, no, it’s all right, just… Please stay.
这是场庆祝
It’s a celebration.
很高兴看到你 克里夫
It’s good to see you, Cliff.
我也很高兴见到你 米纳
It’s good to see you too, Maynard.
我不想强留
I, um…I… I don’t want to impose.
不会的
You can’t impose.
因为你是我家人
You’re family.
好的
Okay.
我…
I’ll, uh…
我去整理一下 好吗?
I’ll go clean up a bit, yeah?
恭喜你们
Congratulations, you guys.
我们可以做早餐给你们吃吗?
Can we make y’all some breakfast?
我很会做奶昔
I can whip up a killer smoothie
艾文曾在邮轮的奥姆蛋摊位打工