他问你要不要戴帽子
He asked if you want a hat.
当然
Of course.
给 老板
Here you go, boss.
戴上帽子
Let me wear a hat.
你好 -你好
Ni hao. -Ni hao, ni hao, ni hao.
你好 -你好
Hello. -Ni hao.
你好
Ni hao.
公♥司♥里有个人很好
Someone from work was kind enough to tell me
他告诉我有这样的房♥子
that there were these apartments.
480块一个月
Four hundred and eighty dollars a month.
我爱上这了
I fell in love with it.
我住得起这里
I can afford to live here
我能有自己的家 觉得自己独♥立♥了
and have my own place and feel independent again.
味道出来了
Smells good.
这是我最享受的一天 就是这个时候
This is the most enjoyable moment in a day.
慢慢抽完之后 心沉下来 然后就开始
After I finish the cigarette, my mind just calms down.
我们就像公♥司♥里的一个 一个铺导轨的人一样
We workers lay down tracks
下面的火车你要开
so the train can run smoothly.
没有说太多顾虑 就是把事情做好 把事情做好
The only thing we have in mind is to do our best.
来这边的每个人的想法其实都一样
That’s true for everyone here.
我老婆
My wife.
我牙齿都已经好了
My toothache has gone.
他们还拿了那么多药 今天已经完全好了
They give me so much medicine. I’ve fully recovered.
十几岁的时候哭过
The last time I cried, I was a teenager.
来这边流眼泪流过一次 流眼泪
And I also cried once after coming here.
不敢跟别人说
I don’t dare mention that to other people.
夜深人静的时候
But when all is quiet in the dead of night,
就是想念家人也好 家里有什么事情
I miss my family.
里昂和王教了我很多东西
I’ve learned most of what I learned from Leon and Wong.
我们刚进公♥司♥的时候 对玻璃一窍不通
None of us knew glass when we came there.
到了我这把年纪 很少有人会花钱雇我了
When you get to be my age, not too many people wanna hire you.
他们不想冒险
They don’t wanna take a chance.
我的兄弟 他是我的中国兄弟
My brother, he’s my Chinese brother.
我会支持他 就像我会支持自己的兄弟一样
I would have his back, just like I’d have one of my own brothers’.
我…我非常钦佩他
I just… I think the world of him.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我主管对我吼
My supervisor started yelling at me.
-你在那边的工作台工作 -我之前在那干得好好的
When… You work at the table right there. -I was working right here just fine.
-现在他想改到这里 -我们知道 那边的工作台
Now he wanna change it right over here. -We know, the table over there.
不是这里 他们想让你在那里做事
Now, instead of here, they want you to do it here? Okay.
他说他想让我们一次操作八箱
He said he expects us to do eight boxes at a time.
我只想确定你不会受伤
I just want to make sure you’re not gonna get hurt.
他想让我们把那些推到这
He said he want us to push them in here.
可能对你来说有点重 你推不动
Well, now, you– It’s probably too heavy for you to push it.
-你跟他说我推不动 -我不明白
So you need to let him know that. -I don’t understand.
为什么有时候她不知道说出来
Sometimes, why she don’t know to tell that?
确保和他们沟通 说你需要帮助
Make sure you’re communicating to them that you need help.
我有啊
I have.
他知道
He knows.
他们不想解决问题 而是想推脱责任
Rather than trying to find resolution, they try to find out who’s wrong.
这个情况 他们都错了
And, in this case, they’re both wrong.
所以对美国人处理要有一些技巧
You need some skills to handle Americans.
就是说 我们怎么能够用他们的优势
How can we take advantage of American characteristics
来能够帮福耀做事情
to make them work for Fuyao?
在美国呢 他们的文化是属于
There’s a culture in the US
从小就是鼓励为主
where children are showered with encouragement.
所以每个美国长的孩子 每个美国大人都过于自信
So everyone who grows up in the US is overconfident.
超自信
They are super confident.
美国这个社会 捧死人不偿命
Americans love being flattered to death.
动手打架的话可能会有问题
You will get into trouble if you fight with them.
实际上中国很多话都是对的 人都是顺毛驴
Donkeys like being touched in the direction their hair grows.
对吧
Right?
驴呢 你顺着它的时候没事
You should touch donkeys in the direction their hair grows.
逆着它 就一定会撂蹶子
Otherwise, they’ll kick you.
我说话听得懂吧 听得懂啊 好的
Do you understand what I’m saying? You do? Okay.
这个需要咱们的智慧 需要怎么去引导他们 帮助他们
We need to use our wisdom to guide them and help them.
因为你比他强
Because we are better than them.
他们称我们为”老外”
They refer to us as “the foreigners.”
人们希望…他们希望觉得自己是在美国工作
People just want… They wanna feel like they’re in America working,
而不是走进工厂大门
not like, when they walk in the door,
就离开了美国 到了中国
that they’ve left America and they’re now in China.
他们毫不停歇 一直工作
They work nonstop. They’re in there all the time.
全天工作 周日也在那里
Around the clock, 24 hours a day. They’re in there on Sundays.
有时候 他们都不想让我们在吃午饭的时候休息下
There’s been some days, they don’t want us to take a break for lunch,
因为他们需要产出某个数量的玻璃
because they need X amount of glass out.
中国人真的完全不帮我们
The Chinese really don’t help us out at all.
他们只是走过来告诉美国人要做什么
They just walk around and tell the Americans what to do.
“这么做” 你问 “为什么 ”
“Just do this.” And you’re like, “Why?”
他们也不告诉你原因 就转身走了
They don’t tell you why at all, and they walk away.
我知道这是家成长中的公♥司♥ 是家新公♥司♥
I know it’s a growing company, I know it’s new.
但随之而来的工作量
But with the workload that comes with it,
你是想把员工留住的
you know, you wanna keep your employees around,
尤其是好员工
especially your good workers.
简单点的话 涨薪就行 涨一美金也行
A simple pay raise, even if it’s just a dollar.
表示你欣赏他们 也感谢他们的辛勤劳动
Just show your appreciation for them and their hard work.
乐观 希望 这是我们进厂的时候的想法
Optimism, hope. That was what we were all going in with.
前程似锦
The future looked bright.
现在是…180度大转弯
Now, it’s just… It’s a 180.
在我看来 他们不尊重人
To me, it’s like they don’t respect you.
至少有三千人来来去去 被炒或辞职
At least 3,000 people have come and gone, either fired or quit.
不开心的时候 就出来…
Whenever you have a frustrating day, you can go outside and…
把垃圾箱掀翻
throw your bin over.
我们每个领导都被降职了
Every one of our bosses were demoted.
-对 -中国人说了算
Yeah. – The Chinese are in control.
中国人改变主意了吗
Have the Chinese changed their mind?
他们不打算把工厂交给我们了吗
Are they not gonna turn this over to us?
因为那是吸引我 绝对是吸引我
Because that was one of the… definitely that was one of the things
到这上班的理由之一
that intrigued me about coming here.
我欢迎他们来到美国 我喜欢这个行业
I love the fact that they came in here. I love this business.
我在阿普尔顿干了二十多年
I worked at Appleton for over 20 years
2012年 我成为了一名下岗工人
and I was one of the guys that got laid off in 2012.
四年来我一直在找事做
I’ve been looking for something for four years.
我喜欢和车间那些人工作
I like working with the people on the floor.
他们非常拼命
They are working their tails off.
可是他们什么都得不到
And they’re not getting anything for it,
我说的不是报酬
and I’m not talking about compensation.
没有人鼓励他们
They’re not getting patted on the back.
我看到一个中国人往码头后面
I’ve seen the Chinese pouring chemicals down the drain
排水沟倒化学品
out the back of our dock.
化学品
Chemicals.
有一条黄色油漆的痕迹 一直延伸到下水道
There was a trail of yellow paint going right to the sewer.
-就在我们的后门那 -一眼就能看见
Right out our back door. – You couldn’t miss it.
就好像…好像他们完全不懂规矩
It… It’s like they don’t even know what the rules are.
这个…
It’s…
我想 “这会进入下水道
And I’m thinking, “This is all going into the sewer
流到我们的饮用水源里”
and going into drinking water somewhere.”
我不想浪费你们的时间 也不想浪费我的时间
I don’t wanna waste your time and I don’t wanna to waste my time.
我们坐在这说这些
With what we say at this table,
有什么用吗
will it make a difference?
我已经跟保安说过了 如果你再这样他就会过来把你”请”出去
I’ve asked security to come escort you out if you’re going to do that.
好的
Okay.
他们不把这些人当人看
Man, they treat these people like shit in there.
有时候 你得成为莎莉·菲尔德这种倡议工会的人
Sometimes, you gotta be Sally Field.
你们有时候 领导没办法的时候可以过来找我
If there are things your boss can’t fix for you, come talk to me.
特别是对美国人怎么管理
Especially how to manage American workers.
可不可以强制让他们加班
Can we force them to work overtime?
没办法 -没办法
No way! -Not a chance.
从人事的角度上来说
From HR’s perspective,
我们不能说 可以强制加班
we can’t force them to work overtime.
我们不能这样讲的
We can’t say anything like that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!