通用关闭的时候 我屋子的抵押赎回权被取消
When GM closed, I foreclosed on my house.
从那以后
Ever since then,
我挣扎着想再次回到中产阶级
I have struggled to try to get back to middle class again.
我一直住在我姐姐的地下室里
I’ve been living in my sister’s basement.
还好 我还有间卧室
I am fortunate enough to have a bedroom.
这里只有床头柜和电视是我的
And the only thing in here is my end tables and my TV.
床不是我的 是他们的
The bed isn’t mine. The bed is theirs.
你懂的 所以
You know? So, yeah.
我们已经停机… 不知道 45分钟了吧
We’ve been down about… I don’t know, 45 minutes or so.
我猜是水渍
Water spots, I guess.
谢谢
Thank you.
他们把清洗机的水抽光了 速度就慢下来了
They’ve drained the washer. They’re slowing it down.
我们想找到原因的时候 他们就会烦
They get upset when we’re all trying to figure something out.
大家就会很烦 每个人都很烦
Everybody gets upset, and then everybody’s upset
开始各说各的语言
in their own language,
然后各自离开 然后…
and then everybody just walks their own way, and…
五分钟之后再过来
meet back here in five minutes.
首先水温调到60度
Set the water temperature to 60°.
因为这个是强碱性
Because it has high alkalinity.
好的 之后我们要把这个降低…
Okay. Later on, we’re going to try to lower the…
好了
Okay.
当心
Be careful!
很好 很好
Beautiful! Beautiful!
下来一点
Down a little.
下来一点点
Down a little bit!
-艾伦扳手 -艾伦 艾伦
Allen wrench. – Allen. Allen.
艾伦扳手
Allen wrench.
-艾伦扳手 -艾伦扳手
Allen wrench. – Allen wrench.
到俄亥俄的最初印象是 比较平原化
My first impression of Ohio was how flat it is.
我的国内 国内的家人
My family’s in China.
我目前 小孩子 也有自己的两个比较可爱的小孩
Two lovely children
还有一个漂亮的老婆
and a beautiful wife.
我从18岁成年之后 第一个跨入的行业就是福耀
Fuyao offered me my first job at 18.
我到目前为止 能在这个岗位坚持了20年
I’ve worked in the furnace for more than 20 years.
就是因为喜欢这个工作 喜欢这个岗位
It’s a hard job, but I love it.
有时候 毕竟还有个语言交流方面 还有文化
Because of the language barrier and cultural differences,
就是说一时半刻很难把每个人的想法 都能很好地融合在一起
it’s hard to quickly integrate everyone’s ideas.
我每天经常没有时间吃饭
I don’t have much time to eat every day.
每个礼拜都要带一包
So every week, I bring a box of Twinkies.
这个就当饭
This is my lunch.
一次吃两块
I eat two at a time.
我们这个 红红的 这个就是断掉了
Look at the red sticks. This one is broken.
我们就要人在这边把这拿出来
We have to pull it out by ourselves.
所以说我手上的伤
Look at the scars on my arm.
到处都是这个
These are all scalds.
全部都是被烫伤的 烫到了
I got burned.
空气
Air.
王和我 我们俩在一起相处了很长时间
Uh, Wong and I have spent a lot of time together
他什么都会教我…
with him teaching me everything…
母亲节 我们整个周末都在加班
Mother’s Day, we spent the whole weekend working together
我们的翻译人员也在 来来回♥回♥地翻译
with our little translators, talking back and forth.
他们那个时候告诉我说 他们要在这待两年
That’s when they told me that they had to be here two years,
远离家人 没有额外补贴
away from their family, no extra pay.
我开始真正地思考
That really made me start thinking
也越来越感谢他们为我们所做的一切
and appreciating what they’re doing for us more and more.
我在他们家吃过饭 他们也来我家吃饭
I’ve ate at their house, they’ve ate at my home.
我们之间有了感情纽带
We’ve just bonded.
我们试着了解彼此的文化
And we’ve tried to learn each other’s culture.
我有个好主意 感恩节…
I got the big idea, Thanksgiving, to…
邀请我最好的朋友
invite my close friends,
应该是四 五个人
which should have been about four or five of them.
最后来了…我想 13个
It ended up being, I think, 13.
买♥♥了一只11公斤的火鸡 买♥♥了我能买♥♥到的最大的蜜汁火腿
Bought a 25-pound turkey, the biggest honey-baked ham I could get,
还有所有传统的佐料
and all of the traditional trimmings.
我知道他们在中国拿不到枪
I know that in China they’re not allowed to have guns.
我有把12毫米口径的猎枪 还有手♥枪♥
We had my 12-gauge shotgun out there, pistols.
几个胆子比较大的人 还想跟我骑着哈雷摩托
Couple of the very brave ones wanted to go up and down the road with me
去兜兜风
on my Harley.
他们一直把这件事挂在嘴边
They talked about it forever.
我很开心
That made me happy.
这是”华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥”的头版 诸位
That’s the front page of The Washington Post, fellas.
很成功
That’s big-time.
文章中唯一可以看到的负面内容
The only negative thing that I can see from this article
就是在我们两千人中
is that, out of our 2,000 people,
他们采访了汽车工会的…
they picked the number one UAW…
头号♥组织者和支持者
uh, organizer and sympathizer to talk to.
头号♥人物
Number one.
-总之 这是件大事 -是件大事
Anyway, um, it’s a big deal. – That’s a big deal.
所有这些审查
With all of this scrutiny
所有这些报道出来了 我们就更有责任
and with all of this visibility comes even more responsibility on us
妥善行事
to do things right.
现在全世界都在观察我们
Now the whole world is watching.
现在整个世界都在观察我们
Now the whole world is watching us.
应该在”领先世界”里面加个the
It should say have “to be the world.”
他们说有个S[所有格]
Yeah, they said they had an S.
下午好
Good afternoon.
-对吧 -下午好
Right? -Good afternoon!
下午好
Good afternoon.
非常感谢大家
Thank you guys very much.
你们不知道这对福耀 以及对董事长来说
You don’t know how important this is to Fuyao
有多重要
and to the chairman.
工厂看上去非常棒
The plant looks great.
人们来到这
These people are coming here
看到了他们这辈子都没想到会发生的事情
to see something that they never in their lifetime thought would happen.
你们给这个曾经荒凉的地方带来了希望
You have given hope and you have given life to a community
带来了活力
that was desolate.
这是美国史上最伟大的项目之一
This is one of the greatest projects in the history of the United States.
所以请感到自豪 最重要的是
So, be proud, and most importantly,
要开心
have fun.
两片土地
Two lands,
-桥梁把我们连接起来 -对
the bridge is what brings us together. -Yeah.
对 纽扣 用英语怎么讲
And the niukou. How do you say in English?
-连结 -连结 对 连结
The bond. -Bond. Yeah, bond. Bond.
是的 连结
Yes, bond.
欢迎
Welcome.
欢迎来到美国
Welcome to the US!
今天 董事长的愿景得以实现
Today the chairman’s vision has been fulfilled.
福耀投资将近五亿美金
Fuyao has invested close to 500 million.
你好
Ni hao.
真的很开心见到你们 谢谢
Really good seeing you guys. Thank you.
感谢邀请我们过来 非常感激
Thanks for having us out here. We really appreciate it.
-这是大事 -绝对的
It’s a big deal. -Absolutely.
很盛大 很多人
This is big. A lot of people.
-天气很好 伙计 -我的天
Nice weather, man. -Oh, my gosh.
董事长安排了天气
Chairman ordered the weather.
-简直不能再完美了 -对
Oh, I mean, it couldn’t be better. -Right.
坚持住
Hang in there.
-戴维 你还好吗 -见到你真好
How you doing, Dave? -Good to see you.
“尊敬的嘉宾和朋友们 上午好”
“My dear guests and friends, good morning.”
“福耀集团美国代顿项目竣工庆典
“Today, we hold the opening ceremony
今天在这里隆重举♥行♥”
of Fuyao Glass America.”
我们听说两位总统候选人
We’ve heard both candidates for president
把俄亥俄称为铁锈带
refer to Ohio as the Rust Belt.
看看今天的这番景象
And, you know, you look at… look at this today,
我们拒绝那个词
and we reject that term.
有了曹董事长 我们知道 如何利用这个州的资源
With Chairman Cao, we know how to make everything in this state.
这就是很出色的范例
And, uh, this is a terrific example.
最后一点 我知道这里很多工人 打算组成工会
One last point: I know many workers here are trying to form a union
以便在这家伟大的公♥司♥ 努力表达自己的声音
to strengthen their voice in this great company.
俄亥俄州有着丰富的
Ohio has a rich… a rich, rich history

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!