We’re badly in need of your competence.
这类行动没有我的用武之地
I have no competence for this type of operation.
格施泰因在卫生研究所的上级说
Gerstein’s superiors at the hygiene institute say
说他尤其擅长对付
he is particularly suited to tasks
他力所不能及的领域
for which he has no competence.
这我可不太肯定
I am not so sure about that.
这是新一代设备
This is the new generation of equipment.
它每天能处理一万单元
It can process 10,000 units per day.
一万个?
10,000?
但是,那不可能啊
But, that’s impossible.
必须达到这个量
It will be necessary.
我们在欧洲得消灭十一到十二万单元
We have to eliminate 11 to 12 million units in Europe.
元首要求在1948年前完成
The Fuuührer wants it done before 1948.
1949年我们再对付世界其他地方
We’ll devote 1949 to dealing with the rest of the world
而到了1950年,我们将放个安息假
and in 1950, we will take a sabbatical.
问题是在操作过程中
The problem is that during the operation,
晶体只会局部蒸发
the crystals only evaporate partially.
视野清晰时
The evaporation starts to resume
蒸发才会开始
when a sight has been cleared,
这样就减慢了清理队的工作进度
which slows the work of the cleaning squads.
晶体只有在与空气接触时才会蒸发
The crystals only evaporate when they come into contact with air.
你的意思是随着尸体倒地
You mean as the bodies fall to the ground,
晶体就熄灭了
the smother the crystals.
是的,是这样
Yes, that’s right.
有些情况下,晶体暴露在空气中
In some cases, the crystals exposed to air
要花40-50分钟蒸发而不是5-10分钟
take 40 to 50 minutes to evaporate instead of five or 10.
那样减慢了整个产出
That slows down production
我们也就无法得出准确估算
and prevents us from making accurate estimates.
这归因于两点:
Two factors could contribute to this:
劣质产品或温度过低
the poor quality of the product or temperatures that are low.
数量多的话会提高温度
A greater number will raise the temperature.
传说中的人体温度
That legendary human warmth.
防护栏会保护晶体
And the fenced columns will protect the crystals.
你的任务是为我们提供高质量晶体
Your mission is to provide us with high quality crystals
而且要数量庞大
and in great quantity.
我的职责在卫生研究所
My responsibilities are to the hygiene institution.
我们与你共享卫生研究所
We’ll share you with the institute.
你身负党卫军和基♥督♥徒的使命
You’ll be fulfilling your duties as an SS and as a Christian.
你要将单元们所受的痛苦减少至五分钟
You’ll reduce the agony of the units to five minutes
同时加快我们的生产节拍
and also speed up our tempo.
中尉?
Lieutenant?
称教授更为合适
Professor would be more suitable.
教授
Professor.
清理队在没有防毒面具的情况下
How soon will the cleaning squads be able to operate
最快能操作多久?
without gas masks?
他们的过滤器太贵了
Their filters are too expensive.
两小时
Two hours.
两小时?
Two hours?
没有通风设施的情况下,至少两小时
Without ventilation, two hours is the minimum.
哪种通风设施?
What kind of ventilation?
有多少立方米?
How many cubic meters?
平均1250
1,250 on average.
用一马力的鼓风机,能缩减到一小时
With a one horsepower blower, you might save one hour.
那我们用两个鼓风机
We’ll put in two blowers.
回去干♥你♥的卫生工作吧
Go back to your sanitation work.
别忘了你要为公共事业担负的基♥督♥教使命
And don’t forget your Christian mission of public utility.
阁下不见任何人!
The monsignor can’t see anyone!
只需五分钟,事情重大!
Just for five minutes, it’s very important!
我说了,阁下谁都不见
I’m telling you, His Eminence is not going to see anyone.
我是个中尉——现在就去通报我!
I’m a lieutenant– Now go and announce me!
请原谅,我必须与您谈谈
Excuse me, I have to talk to you.
我必须与您谈——
I have to speak to you–
您有何贵干,军官?
What are you doing in here, Officer?
我是库特格施泰因,阁下
I’m Lieutenant Kurt Gerstein, Excellency.
我有情报报告梵蒂冈
I have information for the Vatican
非常紧迫重要
of an urgency and importance
必定能为我的擅贸然闯辩护
that will undoubtedly justify my intrusion.
中尉,您的放肆令我惊愕
Lieutenant, I’m shocked by the manner in which you burst in.
我叫警♥察♥了,阁下
I called the police, Excellency.
不,我的上级知道我来访
No, if my superiors learn of my visit–
你这是擅闯,先生
It’s an intrusion, sir.
阁下,我有个讯息要传达给梵蒂冈
Excellency, I have a message for the Vatican.
我之前在波兰
I’ve been in Poland
在奥斯维辛与贝尔赛克集中营
at the camps of Auschwitz and Belzec.
每天有成千上万的犹太人被杀死——
Every day, thousands of Jews are being murdered–
够了!
Enough!
出去
Get out of here.
过来,伯爵
Come along, Count.
我们不能再听下去了
We cannot listen to any more of this.
这是我亲眼所见啊
I saw everything with my own eyes.
阁下!
Excellency!
全欧洲的护卫队都赶往
Convoys from all over Europe are arriving
那些死亡工厂了
at those factories of death.
只有梵蒂冈能出面
Only the Vatican can do something
阻止那些暴行
to stop those atrocities.
只有殿下能警告全世界公众
Only His Holiness, by alerting world public opinion
和所有基♥督♥徒
and all Christians.
感谢您如此关心
Thank you for being so concerned
教皇应当做的事
about what His Holiness should do.
您是天主教♥徒♥吗?
Are you a Catholic?
Excellency.
阁下
我所见到的景象时刻折磨着我
What I saw haunts me day and night.
即使从死亡中,也能辨认出一个家庭
Even in death, we can recognize a family.
他们到死都紧紧依偎在一起
They die clinging together.
赤♥裸♥的母亲将婴儿紧抱在胸前
Naked mothers clasp their infants to their breast.
我听说他们死后……
I was told that after death…
撬都撬不开
they can’t be pried apart.
用钩子也撬不开
Not even with hooks.
我无权与德国♥军♥队联络
I have no right to be in contact with the German army.
送他出去
See him out.
您可以走了
You may leave.
盖世太保通讯处
Gestapo communication.
一个为犹太人辩护的党卫军
An SS defending the Jews.
他们以为我们是白♥痴♥
They think we are idiots.
不好意思
Excuse me.
请问冯奥特男爵在吗?
Is Baron Von Otter in?
不在,我是他的助手
No– I’m his assistant.
您是哪位?
Who are you?
库特格施泰因中尉,他认识我
Lieutenant Kurt Gerstein– He knows me.
他在旅行,有什么需要效劳的吗?
He’s traveling– May I help you?
他何时回来?
When will he be back?
我们也不知道 -谢谢
We don’t know. Thank you.
贝尔特!
Berthe!
爸爸!
Papa!
万岁!-嘿,别这样
Heil! Hey now, don’t do that.
万岁!-快住手
Heil! Now stop it.
万岁!-我叫你住手!
Heil! I told you to stop that!
我让你待在这——别动!
I told you to stay there– Stay!
怎么了,亲爱的?
What is it, dear?
你们不能再待在镇上了
You can’t stay in town any longer.
他们在轰炸整个国家
They’re bombing all over the country.
我不是指这个
That’s not what I meant.
我要你去你父母家住
I want you to go and live at your parents’ home
和孩子们待在图宾根
in Tubingen with the children.
请让他们在这儿上读完这个学期吧,我的爱人
Please let them finish their school year here, mein Liebe.
我说不行就不行!
I said no and I mean no!
你说得也许是对的
You’re probably right.
阿德雷德,带你弟弟去那边玩
Adelheid, take your brother, go play over there.
也许你该告诉我
Maybe you should tell me.
我要你们尽早离开
I want you to leave as soon as possible.
我只能说这么多