-Then I’ll fetch more. -No. I’m finished with it.
对我完全没效了
I can’t even feel the joy of this victory.
这孩子会看到真实的我
This new baby will find me as myself.
-他要取什么名字 -还不确定是”他”
-What will be his name? -Who says it’s a boy?
说些名字 拜托跟我说话
Just tell me some names. Please, just keep talking.
若生儿子叫威廉 女儿叫爱玛
William, if it’s a boy. Emma, if it’s a girl.
一定是儿子 长怎样
It’s… it’s a boy. I’m sure of it. How will he look?
是小帅哥
Sweet.
很壮 深色卷发 跟你一样
He will be strong with curly hair, but dark, like yours.
他在你身体里
He’s inside you now.
对 他在里面
Yes, yes, he’s inside.
我好像听到他对我们唱歌♥
I can almost hear him. He’s singing to us.
对 他的声音会像你一样好听
Yes, he will have a fine voice like you.
而且是坚定的声音
Yes, yes, a strong voice.
你每天早上会陪他在花♥园♥玩耍
And you will play with him in the garden every morning.

Yes.
不久还会生女儿 儿子…
And soon we’ll have a girl and a boy.
会生一群孩子
And a girl and a boy and…
两年后
威伯
Wilby!
快来
Come quickly!
我们走
Come on!
请退下
Please leave us now.
他们说你快恢复了 威廉
They tell me you’re improving, Billy.
别傻了
Bull.
我们快成功了吧
We cracked crowns, didn’t we?
而且没有”鼻青脸肿”
We left the heads intact.
因为我们英国绅士不打人
Because we’re so pathetically English.
我们决定下一任首相了
We have agreed on a succession.
你又还没死
You’re not gone yet.
格兰佛爵士会接任首相
I will be replaced by Lord Granville as prime minister,
外交大臣则是查尔斯福斯
and the foreign secretary will be Charles Fox.
威伯
And Wilber,
福斯已取得国王的保证
Fox has already secured a guarantee from the palace.
王室对奴隶制度会保持中立
They will remain neutral in the issue of the slave trade.
下次表决对你很有利
Next time you will be pushing at an open door.
我好害怕
I’m scared, Wilber.
害怕什么
Of what?
此刻 我希望能有你的信仰
At this moment, I wish I had your faith.
别再找藉口放弃
No more excuses now, Wilber.
将他们击溃
Finish them off.
伊奎诺 你知道我不常喝酒
As you know, Equiano, I rarely drink.
但今天例外
But today’s an exception.
今天我们会尝到成功的滋味
Today we’re drinking to victory.
伊奎诺之墓
真希望你能看到这一刻
Wish you were…
正义的一刻
…here to see all this… unfolding.
我们还要加把劲吗
Just one more push.
那就加油
One more.
我要在下议院大声说
I say to this House that there is now no reason
我的法案此刻该出头了
why my bill should not be commended to the king.
我希望各位投下神圣一票
And I urge my honourable friends to vote once and for all
支持大英帝国的废奴法案
for the abolition of the slave trade throughout His Majesty’s empire.
要投票了
They’re taking the vote!
结果出来了
Here’s the tally.
安静
Order!
安静
Order!
宣布国内外奴隶制度表决案
On the Home and Foreign Slave Trade Act,
未修正的废奴法案
the unamended bill calling for the abolition of the slave trade
包括大英帝国的所有奴隶
throughout the entire British Empire.
反对票…16
No’s to the left: 16.
赞成票…283
Ayes to the right: 283.
我宣布废奴法案…
I declare the bill of abolition of the slave trade
通过
to be passed.
高贵的义务
Noblesse oblige.
你鬼扯什么
What the bloody hell does that mean?
我的高贵地位
It means my nobility obliges me
迫我承认贱民的美德
to recognise the virtue of an exceptional commoner.
安静
Order!
安静
Order!
大家谈到伟人可能想到拿破仑
When people speak of great men, they think of men like Napoleon.
那些呼风唤雨的人
Men of violence. Rarely do they think of peaceful men.
很少人想到默默付出的人
But contrast the reception they’ll receive
但这些人反而会获得尊敬
when they return home from their battles.
特别是历经奋战归来的
Napoleon will arrive in pomp and in power.
拿破仑的凯归盛况 或许集尊荣于一身
A man who’s achieved the very summit of earthly ambition.
但他的梦想因战争变成梦魇
Yet his dreams will be haunted by the oppressions of war.
然而 威廉威伯福斯
William Wilberforce, however,
他会平静地返家
will return to his family,
躺在自己的枕头上
lay his head on his pillow
回想着…
and remember
奴隶制度终于结束了
the slave trade is no more.
威廉威伯福斯的一生
从不停歇为正义奋战
他感化英国人♥民♥的心灵和思想
改善教育 保健 监禁制度等
以完成他的第二个梦想
“开创更美好的世界”
威廉威伯福斯坚守政♥治♥岗位 直到1833年过世
他身后葬威斯敏斯特大教堂 好友威廉庇特就葬他身旁

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!