You ever bet $10,000 on a football game?
有啊
Oh yeah.
是吗?
You have?
嗯
Mmhmm.
赢了钱吗?
Do you win much?
我有点落后了
I’m behind.
过去三年情况不太好
This has not been, the last three years has not been good.
“像奥特曼一样”是什么意思?
What does Altmanesque mean?
(菲利普·贝克·霍尔)
呃
Uh…
(菲利普·贝克·霍尔)
我会说 意思是永不放弃
I would say it means never giving up.
洛杉矶演员剧场 1981
鲍勃当时拿不到任何电影投资
The fact that Bob couldn’t get any movie deals
这并没有阻止他
didn’t stop him.
很快地 他找到了自己真的
Pretty quickly he found something
很想做的事 剧场
he really wanted to do, live theater.
珍贵之血
你也知道我仍旧不喜欢别人碰我或抱我吧?
You know I still don’t like being touched or held?
(念白:阿弗莱·伍德沃德)
当你伸出你的手 真心付出时
When you extend your hand, when you really give,
你把心摊在了桌上
you lay your heart on the table
把锤子交到别人手中
and hand someone else the hammer.
现在可能会有些人
Now there might be some people
觉得现在你是在自降身价
who feel this is somewhat of a fall from grace for you
在导演主流大♥片♥这么多年之后
after directing major films for so many years,
去导小制♥作♥的话剧
to direct a couple of small plays.
我并不是说这些话剧不好
Not saying they’re not good plays,
但小剧场上演的小话剧
but small plays in a small theater,
外百老汇的
off Broadway so to speak.
我觉得这是更上了一步
Well I think it’s a step up.
《詹姆斯迪恩并发症》(改编自舞台剧)1982
我当时导了四五部话剧
I did four or five theater pieces.
而且我导了一部还想再导另外一部
And when I’d do one I’d say oh, let’s do another one.
(《北极光》[舞台剧改编] 1983)
对我来说 当时是我人生中很重要的
So, to me, that was a very important,
(《北极光》[舞台剧改编] 1983)
“注重自我”的一段时间
big time, “I” time in my life.
我在进行实验
I was experimenting.
(密歇根大学 安阿伯市 1983)
我去了密歇根大学
I went to the University of Michigan.
两年前我在那里导了一部歌♥剧
I had done an opera there a couple years before
(秘密的荣誉 片场花絮)
并且没钱拍电影
and I didn’t have the money to produce a film,
但我想到个方法 把它变成一门课
but I came up with a scheme of making it a course.
所以剧组所有的人
And so all of the crew,
除了我们几个 都是学生
except for a couple of us, were students
他们帮忙拍片 算进了学分
and they got a credit for doing this.
我们以他从地上爬起来开始
Yeah, let’s just take this, open it up from where he gets up
走到镜头以外
and walks out of the frame on the set.
从监视器这里开始拍
Start on the monitors.
他站起来走了 镜头拍门
Now, when he gets up to leave make your pan to the door.
我的小狗 跳跳 他…
My little dog, Checkers, he… PFT.
《秘密的荣誉》1984
什么?
What?!
不 母亲
No, mother.
不是我选了我自己 是他们选的我
I did not elect myself, they elected me not once,
且不是一两次 而是我整个该死的人生都如此
not twice, but all of my goddamn life,
如果有机会 他们还会再选我的
and they would do it again to, if they had the chance.
当然 他们说不信任我了
Oh, sure, they said they didn’t trust me.
他们说 交给尼克松去做吧 我就照做了
They said let Dick Nixon do it and I did it.
他们说我开过的汽车都没人要
They said they wouldn’t buy a used car from me,
但他们给了我美国历史上最重要的一票
but they gave me the biggest vote in American history.
然后他们把我冲进马桶
And they flushed me down the toilet
让我永世不得翻身
and they wanted me to stay down.
他们想逼我自杀
They wanted me to kill myself.
我不会自杀的
Well, I won’t do it.
如果他们想要我死 那得他们杀了我
If they want me dead, they’ll have to do it.
操他们的!操他们的!
Fuck them! Fuck them!
操他们的!操他们的!
Fuck them! Fuck them!
操他们的!
Fuck them!
我从没见过理查德·尼克松
I never met Richard Nixon in my life,
但我的确和他有过几次交流
but I did have a couple
of exchanges with him
不止一次
more than once.
他写过一本书叫《领导者》
He wrote a book called “Leaders”,
是很厚的一本书
which was a really big book.
我当时住在加州
And I was living in California at the time
有一天在信箱里收到了这本又大又沉的书
and in the mail this book, heavy book, comes.
是这位前总统寄来的 书内页写了字
And it was from the Ex-President and it was inscribed in there,
上面写 “给罗伯特·奥特曼”
it says to Robert Altman,
“谢谢你多年忠诚的支持”
thank you for your years of loyal support.
什么?
What?
我想 靠 这书我得赶紧烧了啊
And I thought, shit, I gotta burn a book.
真是两难啊
And I really had a dilemma.
我本可以撕了那页
I could of torn out that page,
最终我的确是撕了
which ultimately I did
因为我不想让自己的曾曾孙子
because I didn’t want it to be found in my archives
在我留下的东西里发现这本书
by one of my great grandchildren and they say oh,
说哦原来曾曾祖父是尼克松支持者啊
grand daddy was a big Nixon supporter.
家庭录影带 法国巴黎 1985
在《秘密的荣誉》之后我们把房♥子卖♥♥了
After “Secret Honour” we sold the house
搬去了巴黎
and moved to Paris.
和很多美国艺术家一样 他在那边很受尊崇
He felt appreciated there, as so many American Artists do.
鲍勃 还记不记得《陆军野战医院》中洗澡那场戏
Bob, remember that shower scene in MASH
你让我全♥裸♥了?
where you made me get naked?
现在该你全♥裸♥了
You get naked.
(旁白:史蒂芬·奥特曼)
爸爸雇我和我哥哥鲍比跟他一起工作
For a while now, dad had been hiring me
已经好一阵子了
and my brother, Bobby, to work with him.
《OC和斯迪格斯》片场花絮 1983
我一开始帮忙做布景
I started out in props
最终成为了他的场景设计
and eventually became his production designer.
这是我们的头号♥场景设计师 史蒂夫·奥特曼
This is our ace prop man, Steve Altman.
史蒂夫 你对本片的场景设计有什么要说的吗?
Steve, do you have anything to say about the production?
嗨妈妈
Hi mom.
鲍比成为了他的摄像师
And Bobby became his camera operator.
跟他一起工作挺好 我能见到他 还能领工资
Working with him, it was good, I got to see him and I got paid.
《洗衣店》
(《爱情傻子》1985)
不在巴黎拍片 他只要能谈成Working out of Paris he shot anywhere
(《爱情傻子》1985)
去哪里都能拍
he could get a deal.
(《治疗之外》1987)
大多数都是小制♥作♥ 欧洲的投资
Mostly small films, financed with European money
或者新兴的美国有线频道
or by the new U.S. cable channels
给他完全的自♥由♥
who gave him total freedom.
《肯恩航叛变》1988
《梵高与提奥》1988
过来 就在这边站满
Come on right around here and just fill in here,
(《唐纳1988》片场花絮 华盛顿 1988)
弄好看点
make this pretty.
(《唐纳1988》片场花絮 华盛顿 1988)
这边尽可能地多站点人
Give me as many people on this side as I can.
迈克尔 辛西娅
Michael, Cynthia.
大家靠紧一点
Tighten on in, everybody.
你们有足够的地方
You got enough floor ground;
现在这里需要站一些人
We will need some people now over here.
凯西 大家都过来
Kathy, come on up in here everybody.
这边需要人
We need people in here, around this area.
好 大家准备
Okay stand by please.
好了 开拍了迈克尔
Okay, action Michael.
这不允许犯任何错
Let there be no mistake about it,
我们是有良知的人 我们不能
as the people of conscience, we cannot,
我们绝不接受 除非对南非进行
we must not settle for anything
less than a comprehensive,
世界范围内的全面抵♥制♥
global boycott of South Africa.
对
Yes.
好
Ya!
迈克尔 刚才很好 再来一遍
Michael, that was terrific, I just want to do one more please.
HBO想拍一部关于选举的剧
HBO wanted to do something about the election.
所以加里·特鲁多和我就说
So Garry Trudeau and I said
我们找个人去竞选总统吧 于是就这么做了
let’s just run a guy for President, so we did.