现在只能用这个
You’ll have to use these for now.
这血流得厉害了 不能这样流啊
Oh that’s bleeding nice, oh, that can’t come out of there.
这血我止不住
I can’t stop that bleeding.
都看不清了
I can’t really see,
这流得就像密西西比河一样
It’s like the Mississippi River down there.
准备好了?
Ready?
我准备好了
I’m ready.
护士 有钳子吗
Nurse, you got a clamp, please?
有 有
Yes, yes sir.
帮我抓抓鼻子
Scratch my nose.
就… 那里
Just on… there.
对 再用力点
There, a little harder please.
斯科奇 我还要海绵钳
Scorch, I need some more sponge clamps,
如果你有的话
if you have them.
达利尔·扎内克 当时福斯的老总
Darryl Zanuck, who was the head of Fox,
拍片的时候他在欧洲
was in Europe while this was being made.
他回来以后我们给他试映了
He came back and we had a screening for him
试映过程中
and within this screening he had come back from Europe
他带了两个从欧洲认识的女孩子 是他的朋友
and he had two young European girls that were friends of his.
他们一起看的
And he… They came to the screening
放映结束后
and at the end of the screening
他说里面所有的有血镜头都要拿掉
he said all that blood has to come out.
我就想 天啊那完蛋了
And I thought, oh, Christ, we’re sunk.
然后那两个姑娘说 达利尔 那才是影片最棒的部分
And those girls said, oh Darryl, that’s the best part of it.
于是他们就给了影片支持
And they just supported that in such a way
这些片断在试映中得到了保留
that we were allowed to leave them in for a preview.
然后那些观众们都疯了
And that audience went nuts.
扎内克说 这个我们不改了
And Zanuck said we’re not going to mess with this.
《陆军野战医院》是有声电影以来最好的战争喜剧
-宝琳·凯尔《纽约客》
《陆军野战医院》是银幕新自♥由♥的定义!
-理查德·西克尔《生活》
《陆军野战医院》是一部荒唐的杰作 再多看一遍
-约瑟夫·摩根斯坦《新闻周刊》
电影成为现象级的卖♥♥座片
The picture was such a hit it was phenomenal.
《陆军野战医院》摧枯拉朽
那边战争还在继续
I mean, you know, with the war going on,
时机正好
the timing worked.
《陆军野战医院》全美票房♥冠军
1970年 戛纳电影节
最佳影片金棕榈 《陆军野战医院》
导演 罗伯特·奥特曼
(埃利奥特·古尔德)
“像奥特曼一样”是 人生 自♥由♥ 和对真♥相♥的追求
Um, life, liberty, and the pursuit of truth.
欢迎《陆军野战医院》的第15任导演人选
Now, we welcome the fifteenth man asked to direct MASH,
罗伯特·奥特曼先生
Mr. Robert Altman.
那首歌♥是我儿子写的
My son wrote that song.
是你儿子写的?
Your son wrote that song?
他十四岁的时候写了《自杀是无痛的》
When he was fourteen, Suicide is Painless.
现在他挣了太多钞票了
Now he’s got too much money.
十六岁 跟个20岁的姑娘住在威尼斯
He’s sixteen, living with a 20 year old girl in Venice and…
惊呆啊
Shocking.
你现在有没有特别享受
Do you get any kick now out of the fact
自己是个名导演
that you’re a hot director
并且这么多年以来
and there’s all those years that people wouldn’t…
人们都忽视了你
wouldn’t expectorate on you?
当然
Oh yeah.
是啊
Yeah.
感觉如何?
How does it come out?
满好玩的
It’s fun.
是吗
Yeah.
挺不错的
It’s nice.
家庭录影带 1970年 加州马里布
鲍勃成为了好莱坞最红的导演
Bob became the hottest director in Hollywood
我们在马里布建了一幢“巨星别♥墅♥”
and we built what I called our movie star house in Malibu.
全家迎来新的生活
It was a new life for our family.
所有人都希望鲍勃拍《陆军野战医院2》
Everyone wanted Bob to do “MASH 2”,
但鲍勃拒绝重复自己
but Bob refused to repeat himself.
反之 他拍了一部完全不同的小成本电影 令所有人吃惊
Instead he surprised everyone by making a far out little film
叫《空中怪客》
called “Brewster McCloud”.
《空中怪客》片场花絮 休斯顿天文观测台 1970
《空中怪客》片场花絮 休斯顿天文观测台 1970
当时是70年代很重要的一段时间
It was an important time in the 70’s
因为制片厂把影片交回给艺术家自己
because this studio turned filmmaking back to the artist
所以我才有机会拍了许多
so I go to do a lot of stuff
跟以前的规则
that was certainly not the formula
完全违背的电影
that had existed before.
在《陆军》之后我就接到了《花村》的剧本
The McCabe script was given to me right after I made “MASH”.
我喜欢它是因为 这是一部标准的西部片
The reason I like it was it was the standard western genre.
我们只是稍稍改变了一点
We just twisted it a little bit.
(宝琳·凯尔 影评人)
《花村》
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
(宝琳·凯尔 影评人)
是一个美丽的电影白日梦
is a beautiful pipe dream of a movie.
一个短暂的 几乎是透明的视角
A fleeting, almost diaphanous vision
描绘边疆生活会是怎样的
of what frontier life might of been like.
它和其他的西部片不一样
It’s not much like other westerns.
和其他的电影都不一样
It’s not really much like other movies.
事实是 奥特曼已经抛弃了那些
The fact is that Altman is dumping square conventions
不再实用的条条框框
that don’t work anymore.
也就是美国电影都牢牢抱定的
All those threadbare remnants of the well-made play,
戏剧结构中残留的腐朽思想
which American movies have clung to.
这部电影展现了奥特曼作品中的诗意
What this movie reveals is that
there’s poetry in Robert Altman,
并且他有能力将诗意转化到荧幕上
and he’s able to put it on the screen.
一直有人这样问
The question is always asked…
美国为什么没有伯格曼和费里尼?
why aren’t there American Bergmans and Fellinis?
这里 我们就有一位美国艺术家 拍了一部很美的电影
Here is an American artist who has made a beautiful film.
爱尔兰维克洛郡 1972
我们当时在加拿大
We were in Canada.
去了爱尔兰
We went to Ireland.
鲍勃喜欢尽可能地在离制片厂远的地方拍摄
Bob liked to shoot as far away from the studios as possible
这样就没有制片人看着他
so he wouldn’t have executives looking over his shoulder.
怎么了
Yeah?
在这停一会 因为这段路很宽很好
I just stopped here because it’s a good wide place in the road
(汤米·汤森 助理导演)
我就想可以在这里汇合
and I figured we can rendezvous here.
而且那边似乎天气很差
Also it looks like there’s bad weather over there.
(维莫斯·西格蒙 摄影)
我觉得我们得找个地方去
I think we gotta go some place.
要么就往这边
Well either direction here,
我想他们在开车上山的时候
I thought while they’re mounting the car
我可以往这边 或者往那边
I’ll drive up this way, drive up that way,
看哪边天气更差
see where the weather is worse.
我下了那辆该死的车 所以他们能把车弄上山
I got out of that damn car so they could get it up the hill
我说我走过去
and I said I would walk.
他们就真照做了 我就跑上了山
And they took it, so I ran up that fucking hill.
《幻象》拍摄花絮
你还记得昨晚吗?
You remember last night?
现在再接吻
Now the kiss again.
就现在 就在你靠过去的时候
That’s when… just as long as you do and lean right into it,
你就做出回应
and that’s when you respond,
因为你现在是在挑逗他
’cause now you’re going to trick him.
对 就这样
Yeah, that’s it.
准备
Stand by.
开始
Slate.
你好 请问你是奥特曼夫人吗?
Hello, is your name Mrs. Altman?
(鲍比)

Yes it is.
我想请教你几个关于拍电影的问题
Oh, well I’d like to ask you a few questions about filming.
你和你丈夫是怎么认识的?
Um, how did you meet your husband?
我和他在好莱坞的一部电视剧认识
I met him in Hollywood on a television series
叫《直升机》
called Whirlybirds.

Oh.
当时他是导演
He was directing it at the time.
然后 噢…
And, uh, oh…
嫁给一位电影导演有什么感觉?
How do you like being married to a film director?
噢 特别特别有意思
Oh, find it very, very interesting.
(马修)
很不同寻常 每天都有惊喜
Very unusual life and very full of surprises day-by-day.
我还听说你们的孩子们也开始…
Yeah, and also I hear that your children are making…
开始喜欢上拍电影了
they’re starting to like filming.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!