谋杀案破了吗?
Do they solve the murder?
我就说 好了我知道了
And I’d say okay, I got it.
(凯瑟琳·瑞德)
我生于长于加州
I was born and raised in California
(凯瑟琳·瑞德)
大把时间都在海滩度过
and spent a lot of time at the beach.
有一天 一家电影公♥司♥在召集♥会♥游泳的姑娘
One day a movie company put out a call for girls who could swim.
我就去试镜了 得到了这个角色
So I tried out and ended up getting the part.
《出水芙蓉》导演 茂文·勒鲁瓦(1952)
我开始接到一些角色
I started getting work
有一天 我去《直升机》演一位护士
and one day I got a call to play a nurse on Whirlybirds.
《直升机》“神秘的方法” (1959)
导演是罗伯特·奥特曼
The director was Robert Altman.
他看上去有点宿醉未醒
He looked a little hung-over.
相互介绍时他并没有问好
When we were introduced he didn’t say hello,
他只是问 你品行如何?
he just said how are your morals?
我说 摇摆不定吧 你呢?
And I said a little shaky, how are yours?
故事就是这样开始的
That was the beginning.
初次约会 1959
我之后就做了全职太太
We went right into a fulltime relationship.
《直升机》之后我就再没去上过班
I never worked again after Whirlybirds.
(拉冯·艾尔玛;露特斯·科瑞莉)
他之前已经结过两次婚
He had already been married twice,
(拉冯·艾尔玛;露特斯·科瑞莉)
但都没有持续太长时间
but those marriages didn’t last very long
他有三个孩子 克里斯汀 迈克尔 和史蒂芬
and he had three kids… Christine, Michael, and Steven
是和前妻们的孩子
from those earlier marriages.
我也和前任有女儿康妮
And I had Konni from mine.
他们结婚后 我们搬家了
When they got married we moved
我的新学校有一个盛大的父女舞会
and my new school was having this big father daughter dance
我是新来的 害怕得不得了
and I was so new and completely terrified.
虽然鲍勃和我互相还不熟
Even though Bob and I didn’t know each other that well,
他仍以我父亲的身份来参加
he came with me as my father.
那事他处理得真好
He was so sweet about it.
他觉得我开心就好了
He just wanted me to be happy.
我们结婚后不久 就有了鲍比
Soon after we were married we had Bobby.
我们买♥♥了一栋漂亮的房♥子
We bought a house, it was a great house
开了许多许多的派对
and we had lots and lots of parties.
鲍勃喜欢开派对
Bob loved to throw a party.
(《派对》未公映短片)
我开始在《繁荣昌盛》和《咆哮的20年代》执导
I started in “Bonanza” and “The Roaring 20’s”
以及其他许多剧集
and a lot of those series.
成为了最好的电视导演之一
And I became one of the top television directors.
随着拍了越来越多的电视剧
The more television he did
他也越来越认识到 他拿到的这些电视剧剧本
the more he realized all these TV scripts he was given
都是一样的东西
were just the same old thing over, and over.
《战斗!》
他拍摄《战斗!》的时候
(《战斗!》-“生存” 1963)
By the time he was doing “Combat”
他尝试使用自己在战场的经历
(《战斗!》-“生存” 1963)
he tried to use his own experience in the war
让剧集更加接近真实
(《战斗!》-“生存” 1963)
to make the show more true to life.
他拍了一集 说维克·莫罗遭遇炸♥弹♥休克症
He did one episode where Vic Morrow was shell-shocked,
但这给他惹来了麻烦
but that got him into trouble.
乔伊?
Joey?
军医到了!
Medic!
这是我弟弟乔伊
That’s my brother, my brother Joey.
他死了
And he’s, he’s dead.
都是我的错
It’s all my fault.
天哪 这人是晕了吧
Geeze is this guy out of it.
扛着个死了的德国人一路走
Walking down the road carrying a dead German
还觉得那是他弟弟
and thinking it’s his brother.
一个叫赛里格·塞利格曼的人是制片
A man named Selig Seligman produced that series
他禁止我这么拍
and he forbade me to make that.
他说 我不允许你这么拍
He said I don’t want you to do that.
然后他出差去了
Then he went out of town and…
然后
and, uh,
我的剧本不太好 但还是那么拍了
I didn’t have a decent script to go in with and so we did it.
他看过之后就把我炒了
And when he saw it I was fired.
然后剪辑的时候 剪辑师会过来找我
And to edit the show the editor would come…
在华盛顿大道那边有个酒吧
there was a bar there over there on… on Washington Boulevard,
在米高梅附近
over by MGM.
我坐在酒吧里
I would go sit in the bar
维克·莫罗会去找剪辑师
and Vic Morrow would go to the editor
之后再来见我
and then come and sit with me
告诉我剪辑师在如何剪
and he says here’s what he’s doing.
我就说 告诉他们这样这样这样
I said well tell him do ‘so and so’ and ‘so and so’.
然后维克就回去
Then Vic would go back and…
那一集可吸引了不少注意力
And then that episode got quite a bit of attention.
好像赢了艾美奖
I think it won an Emmy.
他继续在自己的作品中追求真实感
He continued to push for more realism
但制片人不同意
in all of his shows, but the producers wouldn’t go for it.
在《卡夫悬疑剧场》的一集中(“捕猎” 1963)
In an episode of “Kraft Suspense Theater”
他想用黑人演员扮演出逃的犯人
(“捕猎” 1963)
he wanted to cast the black actor as a convict on the run.
投资方拒绝了使用黑人演员
And when the sponsor refused the idea of a black character
他就辞职了 并说了投资方很多坏话
he quit television and bad-mouthed the sponsor.
《综艺》日报 奥特曼:卡夫剧场的情节
就跟他们的芝士一样无味
我觉得在电视圈自己已经做够了
I felt I had just done all I could do in television,
是时候走了
and I felt I’d better leave.
“像奥特曼一样”是什么意思?
(萨莉·凯勒曼)
What does Altmanesque mean?
(萨莉·凯勒曼)
长远计划
Playing the long shot.
加州曼德维尔峡谷 196♥4♥年
在电视圈搞砸以后
After burning his bridges in television,
鲍勃想自己写剧本 导演电影
Bob wanted to write and direct his own films.
他觉得这样能有更多的创作自♥由♥
He thought that would give him more creative freedom.
那时候我们刚收养了马修 变成了大家庭
Around that time we adopted Matthew and our family grew.
但也没有足够的钱了
But we were running out of money.
当你养着六个孩子 却连送牛奶的工人都请不起
When you have six children and can’t pay the milkman,
这感觉很糟糕
that’s pretty bad.
(好莱坞公园跑马场)
那时是我们结婚五周年纪念
It was our fifth anniversary and he told me for our anniversary
他告诉我我们会飞去拉斯维加斯过周末
we’re flying to Las Vegas for the weekend,
让我准备好
so get ready.
我要去趟跑马场
I’m just going to run out to the racetrack
六点和你在机场见面
and I’ll meet you at the airport at six.
之后我才发现 他拿着我们仅剩的200块钱
Later, I found out he had our last $200 in his pocket
把钱全押在一匹小概率获胜的马上
and he’d bet it all on a twenty-to-one long shot
并且赢了
and he won.
等我们到了拉斯维加斯 他又径直去了赌桌
When we landed in Las Vegas he
went directly to the craps table
又赢了六千块
and won another $6000.
但如果赌盘结果有不同
But if it had gone the other way
我可能就不会在这给你讲这些了
I might not be here to tell you this story.
(华纳兄弟第七艺术电影厂 加州伯班克)
退出电视圈后几年 我拍的第一部电影
My first film I did after years of television
是和华纳兄弟的 叫《倒数》
was a thing called “Countdown” with Warner Brothers.
他们发了剧本给我 我挺喜欢这个故事
They sent it to me and I liked the story.
说的是登月的事
It was about going to the moon,
(杰克·华纳 制片厂老总)
但杰克·华纳不太愿意雇我
but Jack Warner was very reluctant to hire me.
他觉得我有点聪明过头了
He thought I was a bit of a smartass.
他自己这么说的
He told me so.
我去他的办公室 他坐那对我说
I went up to his office and sat there and he said listen,
大家都想让你导这部片
everybody wants to put you on this picture
我就告诉他们 这随你们
so I told them they can do what they want,
但我要说的是 你会失败的
but I gotta tell you, you’re gonna fail.
他说 我不喜欢你导的片 我觉得你就是不懂
He says I don’t like your work, I don’t think you get it
我觉得这部你也导不好
and I don’t think you’ll do a good job on this.
但我还是会让你导的
But I’m going to let you do it and so.
我说 希望我能证明你看错了
I said well I hope I can prove you wrong.
(《倒数》1968)
五 四 三 二 一 发射
Five, four, three, two, one, fire.
李 我是切兹 收到吗?
Lee, this is Chiz, do you read?
怎么回事?
What’s the story?
你会… 一阵
You’ll be …awhile.
听好 我们认为发射的时候 有些…
Now listen, we believe that… some arc… at the launch.
再说一遍

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!