他很以你为荣
He knew you were a predominantly accelerated child.
那我呢
What about me?
你叛逆成性 又不懂珍惜我的爱
You are rebellious and ungrateful of my love.
至少我是这里唯一的正常人
Well, somebody’s gotta be normal around here.
十一岁
Eleven.
这首歌♥道尽了我离家 做空姐的心声
This song explains why I’m leaving home to become a stewardess.
我们不能谈谈吗 非听摇滚乐不行吗
We can’t talk? We have to listen to rock music?
我爱你
I love you.
但我们成为爱侣
Let us be lovers?
永生永世相守
We’ll marry our fortunes together?
我是房♥地♥产♥大亨
? I’ve got some real estate here in my bag?
老哥 在旧金山好好照顾她
Hey, man, take good care of her in San Francisco, man.
我们出发
And walked off?
去见识美国
To look for America?
总有一天 你会变成一个酷哥
One day… you’ll be cool.
看看你床底下 你会因此得到解放
Look under your bed. It’ll set you free.
密西根看来仿佛在梦中
? Michigan seems like a dream to me now?
小心我的植物
Watch the plant.
从萨吉诺搭便车要花4天
It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw?
-你已经18了 我不能阻止你 -要我走
-You’re 18. I can’t stop you. -? I’ve gone?
-去见识美国 -再见
-To look for America? -Bye.
她会回来的
She’ll be back.
哇哦
Ya-hoo!
也许得等上一阵子
Maybe not soon.
小心他的领结
I said, be careful his bow tie
那其实是摄影机
Is really a camera
丢根香烟给我 我的雨衣里有一根
Toss me a cigarette, I think there’s one in my raincoat
我们抽完最后一根烟
We smoked the last one an hour ago
所以现在我只有看着风景
So I looked at the scenery
她看着她的杂♥志♥
She read her magazine
月亮升起照大地
And the moon rose over an open field
点着蜡烛 听汤米的歌♥
你就会看到你的未来
童子鸡威廉米勒 尚未达到法定驾车年龄
接下来这个理论 你可以不予理会
Here’s a theory, uh, for you to disregard…
可以充耳不闻
Completely.
音乐
Music, you know…
真正的音乐 不只是摇滚乐 音乐会跟着你
true music, not just rock ‘n’roll… it chooses you.
它住在你的车上 当你戴着耳机
It lives in your car, or alone, listening in your headphones…
眼前会浮现如划的桥段 并听到天使般的合音
you know, with the vast, scenic bridges and angelic choirs in your brain.
完全不同于”与莱斯特班恩斯交心” 平凡无奇的
It’s a place apart from the vast, benign lap of America.
你知道盒顶乐团的畅销曲”书信”吗
Did you know that “The Letter” by The Box Tops…
曲长一分五十八秒
was a minute and 58 seconds long?
一点意义也没有
Means nothing. Nil.
可是他们只花了两分钟
But it takes them less than two minutes to accomplish…
就做了所有杰叟图乐团 费尽心力所不要做的示范
whatJethro Tull takes hours to not accomplish!
你了解吗 这非常的矫情且言不及义
You see this? This is fatuous, pseudo blubber!
其实这样还无所谓 但是他们却挂羊头卖♥♥狗肉的
You know, I mean, which is fine, but…
自命为艺术家
to foist it off as art…
门 吉姆莫瑞森
Or The Doors? Jim Morrison?
-他是个假装成诗人的酒鬼 -我喜欢他们
-He’s a drunken buffoon posing as a poet. -I like The Doors.
“谁”才酷
Aw, give me the Guess Who. Come on.
他们有胆承认自己是小丑 所以他们有资格当诗人
They got the courage to be drunken buffoons, which makes them poetic!
很荣幸能请到全球 最伟大的摇滚乐评
It’s quite an honor to have the world’s greatest rock critic…
-是还是不是 -及克利恩杂♥志♥的主编
-Yes? No. -And editor of Creem magazine…
到圣地牙哥来盘桓数日
back home in San Diego for a few days:
-莱斯特班恩斯 -现场版的”美国女人”
-Lester Bangs. -Live “A merican Woman”?
你有听过 这是有史以来最棒的
Have you ever… The most brilliant piece of gobbledygook ever.
“白光白热”也不错
Give me some “White Light/White Heat.”
伊吉波普 阿门
Iggy Pop! Amen.
放这首吧 你曲单上一定没有这张
I’ll put this on. This isn’t on your playlist either.
你没觉得…
Lester, don’t you think…
-有点太早吧 -我不觉得
-it’s a little bit early for that? -Not for me.
刚刚是莱斯特 我是 艾莉斯韦恩顿请欣赏伊吉波普
Okay, that was Lester Bangs, this is Alice Wisdom, and here is Iggy Pop.
就是你一直寄
So you’re the kid who’s been sending me
校刊文章来给我
those articles from the school newspaper.
没错
Yeah. Yeah.
我也为本地的地下报纸写东西
I’ve been doin’ some stuff for a local underground paper also.
你是学校的风云人物
What are you, like, the star of your school?
-他们讨厌我 -话别说的太早
-They hate me. -You’ll meet them all again…
地球是园的
on their long journey to the middle.
你的文笔不错 可惜你错过摇滚年代
Your writing is damn good. It’s just a shame you missed out on rock ‘n’ roll.
-摇滚年代已经结束了 -结束了
-It’s over. It’s over! -Over?
没错 你正好赶上它的末日
You got here just in time for the death rattle.
看到它喘最后一口气 最后一次摸索
Last gasp. Last grope.
-至少我躬逢其盛 -你用什么打字机
-At least I’m here for that. -Yeah, what do you type on?
史密斯豪华型
Smith Corona Galaxis Deluxe.
-你喜欢洛里德吗 -我喜欢他早期的作品
-And you like Lou Reed? -The early stuff.
他近期作品都模仿鲍伊
In his new stuff, he’s trying to be Bowie.
他应该保持本色
He should just be himself.
但如果鲍伊先模仿洛里德
Yeah, but if Bowie’s doin’ Lou…
然后洛里德再模仿鲍伊 那洛里德还是洛里德
and if Lou’s doin’ Bowie, Lou is still doin’ Lou.
如果你喜欢洛里德的话
If you like Lou.
-你嗑药吗 -没有
-You take drugs? -No.
聪明
Smart kid.
我以前吃过迷幻药
I used to do speed.
有时候还喝点咳嗽糖浆
You know, and sometimes a little cough syrup?
我整夜不睡 发狂似的写稿
I’d stay up all night, just writin’ and writin’.
25页的荒唐言论
I mean, like 25 pages of dribble…
讨论”脸孔”或库川
You know, about The Faces, or Coltrane.
-振笔疾书 -嗯嗯
-You know, just to fuckin’ write. -Mm-hmm.
很高兴认识你
All right. Uh, it’s been nice to meet ya.
-嗯嗯 -别忘了继续寄作品来
-Mm-hmm. -Keep sending me your stuff.
我不能在这里和我的书迷闲聊
I can’t stand here all day talking to my many fans.
我明白
Yeah. I understand.
-好吧 -再见
-Okay. -Good-bye.
再见
Yeah. Bye.
-再见 -再见
-Bye. -Bye.
需要找人载你一程吗
You need a ride?
不是 我在等公车
No, man, I took the bus.
你到洛城会交到不少朋友
You know, because once you go to L.A., you’re gonna have friends like crazy.
但那些都是酒肉朋友 只想带坏你
But they’re gonna be fake friends. They’re gonna try to corrupt you.
你看起来很老实 他们会对你知无不言
You got an honest face, and they’re gonna tell you everything.
但是绝对不能结交摇滚歌♥手
But you cannot make friends with the rock stars.
-我可以 -如果你想当记者
-Is it okay if l… -If you’re gonna be a true journalist…
报导摇滚乐的记者
you know, a rock journalist…
赚的钱很少
First, you never get paid much.
但是唱片公♥司♥会免费送你唱片
But you will get free records from the record company.
天啊
There’s just…
你真是个一板一眼的好孩子
Fuckin’ nothin’ about you that is controversial, man.
到时候一定很难看 他们会请你喝酒
God, it’s gonna get ugly, man. They’re gonna buy you drinks.
你会认识不少马子
You’re gonna meet girls,
他们会免费送你毒品
they’re gonna fly you places for free, offer you drugs…
我知道听起来很棒 但这些人不是你的朋友
I know, it sounds great, but these people are not your friends.
他们只希望你能在报章上 对他们的摇滚歌♥手
These are people who want you to write sanctimonious stories…
歌♥颂美言几句
about the genius of rock stars…
但他们会毁了摇滚乐
and they will ruin rock ‘n’roll and strangle…
并毁了我们所爱的一切 对吗
everything we love about it, you know?
因为他们只想用钱
‘Cause they’re trying to buy respectability…
去替本应粗俗的摇滚乐 购买♥♥一个裹着糖衣的虚名
for a form that is gloriously and righteously dumb.
你是个聪明的孩子 你应该了解
Now, you’re smart enough to know that.
要是摇滚乐不再粗俗的话 那就不是真的摇滚乐了
And the day it ceases to be dumb is the day it ceases to be real, right?
-正解 -到时候摇滚乐就成为一门 只讲酷的工业
-Right. -And then it just becomes an industry of… cool.
此时是摇滚乐的
I’m tellin’ you, you’re coming along at a very dangerous time
危急存亡之秋
for rock ‘n’ roll.
战争已经结束 他们赢了
I mean, the war is over. They won.
现在市面上所号♥称的摇滚乐 其中99%
And 99% of what passes for rock ‘n’ roll these days…
是不听也罢
silence is more compelling.
我认为你最好还是
That’s why I think you should just turn around and go back, you know…
去当律师吧
and be a lawyer or something.
不过我看得出来 你不打算这么做
But I can tell from your face that you won’t.
我给你35块