-我看的很不爽 -你希望他们喜欢你
-I have a problem with that. -You want them to like you. It happens.
班 你叫我把手头上的寄来
Ben, you told me to send what I had.
我还没写完 再给我一天晚上
It’s not finished. Give me tonight to work on it.
天啊 你和他们交上朋友
Oh, man. So you made friends with them?
友情只是他们给你吃的甜头
See, friendship is the booze they feed you.
他们希望灌你迷汤 让你觉得和他们是一伙儿的
They want you to get drunk on feeling like you belong.
的确很好玩
Well, it was fun.
因为他们让你觉得很酷
Because they make you feel cool.
-我看过你 你不酷 -我知道
-And, hey, I met you. You are not cool. -I know.
我以为自己很酷 但我知道不是这样的
Even when I thought I was, I knew I wasn’t.
因为我们都是不酷一族
Because we are uncool.
我们终其一生 都会为女人所苦
Women will always be a problem for guys like us.
世上多数的伟大艺术品 都是被情伤激发
Most of the great art in the world is about that very problem.
俊男美女 都没有骨气
Good-looking people, they got no spine.
他们的艺术不持久
Their art never lasts.
他们能赢得美人归 但我们更聪明
And they get the girls, but we’re smarter.
我现在明白了
Yeah, I can really see that now.
因为伟大的艺术品的主题 都是罪恶和渴望
Because great art is about the guilt and longing…
爱情打着性的招牌 反之亦然
and love disguised as sex and sex disguised as love.
面对事实吧 你占得先机
Hey, let’s face it, you got a big head start.
很高兴你在家
I’m glad you were home.
我随时都在家 因为我不酷
I’m always home. I’m uncool.
-我也不酷 -你做的很不错
-Me too. -You’re doing great, man.
在这个破产的世界中 唯一通行的货币
The only true currency in this bankrupt world…
就是不酷一族分享的心情故事
is what you share with someone else when you’re uncool.
我劝你
Listen, my advice to you…
我知道你认为这些人 是你的朋友
and I know you think these guys are your friends…
如果你真是他们的朋友 就要诚实
if you want to be a true friend to them, be honest…
不留情
and unmerciful.
“我和美国最酷的乐团
“I’m flying high over Tupelo,
一起飞越””密西西比土佩罗上空”
Mississippi, with America’s hottest band…
-我们全都快死了” -呃
-and we’re all about to die.” -Hmm.
-真深奥 -后面还更精彩
-Dark, lively. -Yeah, and it gets better.
这些都是真人真事吗
Did this all really happen?
我打电♥话♥去问一下
Give it to me. I’ll call and check the quotes.
天啊 滚石刚打过电♥话♥来
Holy shit! I just got off the phone with Rolling Stone.
他们也打给我 他写了些什么
They called me too. What’s he using?
全写了 这是他们的校对说的
All, he’s using it all. This, according to the “fact checker.”
-那又怎样 -“那又怎样”
-So what? -“So what”?
我们被他写成外行菜鸟
We come off like amateurs…
挤破头想成功
some average band trying to come to grips with success…
争风吃醋 内闹 拆伙
jealous and fighting and breaking up.
我们是小丑
We’re buffoons!
“摇滚乐能拯救世界””那些小妞也不错”
“Rock ‘n’ roll can save the world”? “The chicks are great”?
我好像傻瓜一样
I sound like a dick!
-你本来就是傻瓜 -我从没这么说过
-You are a dick. -I never said that!
也许是我们看不清自己
Maybe we don’t see ourselves the way we really are.
让我们酷一点有这么难吗
Is it that hard to make us look cool?
这孩子说你嗑药后站在歌♥迷家
This kid has you on acid screaming,
屋顶上说”我是黄金天神”
“I’m a golden god, ” from a fan’s rooftop.
他们利用他整我们 封面上搞不好只有你
They used him to fuck us. They’ll probably just put you on the cover.
等等 我从没说过 我是”黄金天神”
Wait. I never said, “I’m a golden god.”
有吗
Or did I?
我们从来没把他当作一回事 现在事情大条了
We never took him seriously. Now it’s serious.
我还蛮喜欢他这个人的
I liked him as a person.
他不是人 他是记者
He was never a person. He was a journalist!
你当初的看法是正确的
You! You had the right idea all along!
-那我们坐飞机的那一段呢 -全写进去了
-How about the plane flight? -It’s all there.
别担心 他没有详述细节
Don’t worry. It’s unspecific who says what.
也没有指名道姓
No names are mentioned in the more embarrassing sequences.
但是连白♥痴♥都看得出来他在说谁 我们完蛋了
It’s just completely obvious who’s who, and we’re fucked!
是我叫他爱怎么写就怎么写的
I told him he could write what he wanted.
嘿 他们还没跟罗素谈过
Hey, they haven’t talked to Russell yet.
你可以跟校对的否认一切
You can always deny the key stuff to the fact checker.
只要一通电♥话♥ 他们的文章就不能刊登了
One phone call. Then they can’t print it.
是真的吗
Is that true?
这是一场战争 老兄
This is war, my friend.
如果你们早点遇到我 我一定不会让他靠近你们
If you’d have met me earlier, he would have never been around.
他不会有事的
He’ll live.
让我们先达成共识
Let’s identify the goals here.
T恤 海外市场 续谈合约 乐团商品
T-shirts, foreign markets, renegotiating your contract, merchandising.
你们的幸福和梦想
Happiness. Realizing your dreams.

Money. Cool.
与披头四见面
Meeting the Beatles.
把全部的因素都放在一起
Let’s put all of it in the pot.
但这一切都取决于神秘感
It all depends on mystique.
不要过度曝光
Not giving too much away.
我今晚要去洛城 有事的话打电♥话♥给我
I’m going to L.A. Tonight. Call me if you need me.
但在我离开之前 我给你们做一个神秘感的测验
But before I go, let me give you a lesson in mystique.
如果让你们二选一 你们会选哪一个
You can only have one. Which one do you want?
你们会选哪一个
Which one are you gonna choose?
就是因为你们看不见 我右手里有什么
As long as you can’t see what’s in this hand…
你们永远会更想要它
you’ll always want it more.
老实说 威廉 你写的太棒了 写的机智 精彩
It’s phenomenal, William. It’s sophisticated. It’s intelligent.
我们现在只要找图片就好了
We only had to cut out a couple of’graphs.
杰夫的老妈已经寄了一堆 他小时候的照片来
Jeff Bebe’s mother sent over a shoe box of childhood photos.
一定会很棒的
It’s gonna look fantastic.
百分之九十的内容都被乐团 矢口否认 这是编的
The band just denied 90 percent of the story. It’s a fabrication.
你不诚实 你浪费了我们的时间
You weren’t honest. And worse, you wasted our time.
你有跟罗素汉蒙谈吗
D-Did you talk to Russell Hammond?
就是他否认的
Russell Hammond is the one who denied it.
-等等 -他否认了
-Now, wait a second. -Denied it.
我们决定用”谁” 稿子在我办公室里
We’re going with The Who. The manuscript’s in my office.
他不过是个歌♥迷 你们还想怎样
He’s just some fan. What do you expect?
班 等等
Ben. Wait.
威廉
William?
各位 这是我弟弟
You guys, this is my brother.
-很高兴终于看到你 -祝你们今天愉快
-Nice to finally meet you. -You have a good day.
我等一下再回去 我弟需要我
You guys, I’ll deadhead back later. I think I’m needed.
回头见
I’ll see ya.
你气色真糟
You look awful.
但很棒 你在过你的生活
But it’s great. You’re living your life.
你摆脱妈了
You’re free of Mom.
我请一天假
Hey, I’ll take off work.
我们两个出去体验人生
Let’s have an adventure together, you and me, finally.
你想去哪儿都行
Anywhere you wanna go. Anywhere in the world.
我不觉得这有什么好玩
This is not my idea of a good time.
-送我上♥床♥ -我去对付她
-Just get me to my bed. -I’ll deal with her.
我原谅你
I forgive you.
我没有道歉
I didn’t apologize.

Oh.
-嗨 萨菲 -嗨 小子
-Sapphire. -Hey, boy.
-我讨厌道别 -我也是
-I hate good-byes. -Me too.
好吧 就算我是真的不太喜欢你
All right, so I didn’t like you much.
但我们非得喜欢彼此吗
Do we have to like each other?
我以为是这样
I sorta thought so.
我认为这对我们不会有好处的
I think it would have worked against us. I really do.
你知道大家是怎么说的 所有伟大的搭档都痛恨对方
You know what they say. All the great partnerships hated each other.
我们没有那么痛恨彼此 对吧
We didn’t hate each other that much, did we?
是没有 但我可以试试看
No, maybe not. I could work on it, though.
我只是不能想像 你会跟莱丝莉在一起
I just can’t picture you with Leslie.
对她们而言 我只是你的替代品
I’m the you they get when they can’t get you.
-对不起 -我来 没关系
-Sorry. -Got it. It’s cool.
-我们待会见 -好吧 再见
-I’ll get it, man. I’ll see you later on. -All right, see ya.
再见
All right.
潘妮没事吧
Is Penny okay?
你是说吃药那回事
Oh, the quaaludes incident?
情况不太妙 她有可能会死
Well, it wasn’t pretty. She could have died.
我老是告诉她 不要让太多男人爱上她
I always told her not to let too many guys fall in love with her.
看来我错了 因为其中一个救了她一命
I guess I was wrong. One of them ended up saving her life.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!