We’re from the Washington Post.
我知道你们是为了工作关系
I know you’re trying to do your job. l mean….
可是你们不知道我们的压力有多大
You don’t understand the pressure that we’re under.
我们可以进去吗
lt’ll just take a couple of seconds. lf we can just come in for a couple of–
-不 -我们不会进去
-No, l really don’t—We don’t want to come in.
我们知道在连任委员会里
We understand that there was some documents…
有些文件被碎纸机销毁了
that were shredded at the Committee.
这是常有的事
Well, there…. There’s often shredding.
-我们常这样做 -当时你在现场吗
We do that a lot. -Were you there during the shredding?
-是的 -原来如此
-Yes, l was. l see.
当时委员会有任何长官在场吗
Were there any department heads from…the Committee who were also present?
有 米契尔先生有天晚上过来
Yes. Mr. Mitchell came in one night.
你是说约翰米契尔吗
John Mitchell?
-是的 -司法部长
The Attorney General?
他当时还用雨衣套住头
He was carrying a raincoat over his head.
我以为他要走了 结果
l thought he was going to go….
他监督你们把文件销毁吗
Did he supervise the shredding?
我ue4d1我可以不要回答问题了吗 我最好不要回答
Can l not answer any more questions? l’d just soon not….
好吗 我可以之后再打电♥话♥给你
Okay? Maybe l could call you?
有人叫你不要再说吗
Are you being told not to talk?
-你会打电♥话♥给我们吗 -不知道 我会试试看
-Will you call us? l don’t know. l’ll try.
窃案之后被销毁的文件呢
What about all that shredding that took place after the break-in?
我们得知道被销毁的文件是什么
Need to know more about the papers that were in shredding.
当司法部长
l think you’ve some idea what’s in the papers…
在销毁文件时进办公室
when the former Attorney General comes to the office…
就知道哪些文件是跟连任委员会有关
when it’s taking place at the Committee to Re-Elect…
他有穿雨衣 为什么要穿雨衣
and got a raincoat over his head. Why’s he in a raincoat?
让我再把事情重新整理一遍
Could be raining is what could’ve happened.
一个在门边被吓坏的女人
Let me go through the story again.
她是连任委员会的员工
You got a woman who’s frightened at the door. Works for CREEP.
有些文件被销毁
She said there’s shredding taking place.
可是我们不知道那些文件是什么
We don’t know what’s in the papers.
我们知道前任司法部长
We know the former Attorney General
穿着连身雨衣走进办公室
comes in with an overcoat over his head.
有可能是那天下雨 现场还有律师
lt could be raining. There’s a lawyer present.
我们不知道他什么时候要求他们的 她不愿意多谈
We don’t know what he asked them. She wouldn’t talk about it.
可以告诉我新闻点在哪吗
Now, will you please tell me where there’s a story?
新闻点
There’s a story in the fact
不在于她家的访问
that the interview did not take place in her home…
而是在连任委员会的办公室里
but in the office of the Committee to Re-Elect.
这篇报导有新闻点
How’s there a story in that? lt’s not enough!
因为办公室里有律师
There’s a story because there’s a lawyer in the office.
-你对于这件事比她更抗拒 -没错
-l mean, you’re more resistant than she is. -That’s right.
-为什么 -因为没有足够的事实
-Why? -Because there’s not enough fact.
我们再回去问她一次
Well, let’s just turn around and go back and question her again.
不会花你太多时间的 我们想要
This won’t take long at all. We just want–
请离开好吗
Please go away, okay?
在他们看到你们之前快离开
Will you please leave before they see you.
-你说的是? -他们是谁
-Who did you mean by—Who do you mean, “they”?
可以告诉我们他们的名字吗
Could you give us their names?
我们不会透露消息来源的
We haven’t revealed the sources of people that have talked to us.
我真的不能跟你们讲这个
You know, l really can’t talk about this because–
“他们”指的是 连任委员会会员吗
Would “they” be members of the Committee?
一定有人去找那个女人
Someone got to that woman.
这就是整个官官相护的关键所在
lt’s the key to the whole cover-up.
我们要怎么写呢
How can you write that there’s a cover-up?
我们事前根本不知道有官官相护啊
We don’t know that there’s a cover-up!
那我不知道你到底想要什么
Well, then, l don’t know what the hell you need.
告诉我你要什么
So, you tell me what you need.
我需要更多的事实
l need more fact for a story is what l need…
我想你也一样
and l think you should need the same thing.
好 如果你上了车
Okay, if you get in the car…
假设车上放着音乐
and there’s music playing in the car, hypothetically.
如果音乐连续播放了十分钟 中间都没有插播广♥告♥
There’s music playing in the car for 10 minutes…
你的推论是什么
and there’s no commercial. What can you deduce from that?
-是AM还是FM -拜托
-ls it AM or FM? -Come on, Bernstein!
街上有个陌生人跑过来
ls it AM or FM?
-嗯 -跟我问路
A guy can come up to me on the street and he can ask me an address.
他是在质问我呢 还是因为他迷了路
Now, is the man interrogating me, or is he lost?
我要写什么样的故事
What kind of a story do l write?
做什么样的推论
What kind of a deduction do l make from that?
那是因为你感觉不到 那个女人其实想帮我们
Because you don’t have a gut feeling that the woman is trying to help us?
对 我的确没有那种感觉 我希望我有
No, l don’t have enough gut feeling and l wish l did.
我们是《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的记者
We’re from the Washington Post….
艾玛 艾瑟 艾福特
艾伯特 艾迪森 奥古斯都
Abbott, Addis, Agusto, Albus….
有什么让你觉得巧合的地方吗
ls there something that strikes you as odd about this?
-什么 -这当中好像有个特定的模式
-What? -lt’s almost like there’s a pattern…
他们不愿多谈的模式 拒绝我们的模式
to the way they’re not talking.
我觉得这当中有蹊跷
The way they say ‘no’all the time. l think it’s odd.
-汉柏林女士 -是
-Mrs. Hambling? -Yes.
嗨 我们是《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的记者
Hi, we’re from the Washington Post.
我是卡尔伯恩斯坦 我是鲍伯伍华德
l’m Carl Bernstein, this is Bob Woodward.
委员会的朋友说我们可以跟你联络
A friend of the Committee said that we could contact you.
-谁说的 -我们不能透露
-Who was it? -We can’t reveal that.
你可以放心跟我们谈 我们不会透露消息来源
You can talk to us. We don’t reveal our sources.
你们这些人
You people….
你们以为你们可以擅自到我家来 问我问题
You think you can come into my home, ask a few questions…
然后毁掉我一直都尊敬的
have me destroy the reputations of men that l work for
那些雇主们的名誉吗
and respect?
你们懂不懂忠诚
Do you understand loyalty?
你们有听过忠诚这两个字吗
Have you ever heard of loyalty?
-嗨 -是
-Hi. -Yes?
-我是鲍伯伍华德 -我是卡尔伯恩斯坦
l’m Bob Woodward.
-我们是《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的记者 -是的
Carl Bernstein. We’re from the Washington Post.
我看过你们的文章 我想要谢谢你们
Yes. l’ve read what you’ve written. l want to thank you.
我当了共和党员一辈子了
l’ve been a Republican all my life,
可是这次的事情超乎政党政♥治♥的界线
but this goes beyond party politics.
我们能问你一些问题吗
Would you mind if we asked you a few questions?
当然可以 请进 要喝咖啡吗
No. Come in. Would you like coffee?

Sure.
他们的所作所为对宪法是很大的威胁
What they’ve done is a threat to the Constitution.
违背了所有我们相信支持的道理
lt goes against everything we stand for.
你可以解释得更详细一点吗
Could you be a little bit more specific than that?
我想你们的文章只碰触到表面而已
l’m afraid your articles have just scratched the surface.
你不介意我们作笔记吧
You don’t mind if l just take a few notes, do you?
不介意
No.
你在委员会工作多久
How long have you worked at the Committee?
-委员会 -是的
Committee?
总统连任委员会
Yes, the Committee to Re-Elect the President.
喔 我不在总统连任委员会做事
Oh, l don’t work at the Committee to Re-Elect the President.
我在嘉分可尔公♥司♥的会计部
l work at Garfinkel’s, in the accounting department.
-艾伯特女士ue4d1 -是的
-Miss Abbott? -Yes.
是茱蒂艾伯特
Judith Abbott?
是凯若琳艾伯特
Carolyn Abbott.
我们做错事了
We’re just doing something wrong.
-从来没有 -没有
-Never been there. -No.
你知道天气很热
We’re doing something wrong.
还不够好
lt’s just not good enough.
你怎么会继续追 一件没有意义的事情
How can you keep going at something past the point when you believe it?
你说我们该重新来过
We just have to start all over again.
尼森 尼络 尼斯
Nasmith, Narrow, Ness…
尼可斯 尼克森
Nickels, Nixon….
艾德尼克森
Ed Nixon.
琼森 琼斯
Jolson, Jones…
乔登 乔斯特
Jordan, Jost.
如果能找到财政部的人愿意跟我们谈 那就太好了
lf we could only get somebody that worked for Finance to talk.
-我真是不敢相信 那个簿记员 -哪个簿记员
l can’t believe it. -What about the bookkeeper? -Which bookkeeper?
帮史隆做事的
The bookkeeper that worked for both Slans and–
-你说的对 -史隆跟史丹思
-Oh, you’re all right. -Sloan and Stans.
我去过那里 还打了两次电♥话♥找她 可是没人接电♥话♥
l’ve been there. l’ve called her twice. There’s no answer.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!