多想时光放慢脚步
# Time breathed slower #
你我青春仍在
# When we were younger #
可惜时光飞驰 青春易逝
# And now it’s racing so fast… #
你在做什么
What are you doing?
你是维奥莱特·马基吧
Violet Markey?
天呐
Oh, my God.
求你了 快走吧
Please go.
– 我觉得 – 快走吧
-Well, I don’t think that’s very– -Just go!
你要干什么
What are you doing?
我先问你的 你还没回答
I asked you first.
这比我想象的还要高
This is higher than I thought.
嘿
Hey.
快看
Hey, look.
看我能做这个动作
Look what I can do.
停下 快停下
Stop. Stop!
维奥莱特
Hey, Violet.
早啊 你周末有空吗 我父母周末出城
Hey. Do you have plans this weekend? My parents are gonna be out of town.
我打算开个派对什么的
I was thinking about having a party or something.
维奥莱特
Violet?
你还好吗
You OK?
一切都还顺利吗
How’s everything going?
一切未免也太宽泛了
“Everything” is a really big word.
– 那不如我们从 – 你是说身体上
-Let’s start with– – Do you mean physically?
还是情绪上 这两者都可以包括一切
Emotionally? Those both could encompass “everything.”
或者说一切包括这两者
Or is “everything” encompassed by both things?
有没有任何事情让你觉得有压力
Are you feeling overwhelmed by anything?
如果说一切包括了这两者
If “everything” is encompassed by both things,
那它们是指我们现实生活的一部分
are they a part of our reality
还是什么别的东西
or are they somewhere else?
一点儿都不好笑 希欧多尔
This isn’t funny, Theodore.
叫我芬奇
Finch.
我觉得你应该认真对待我们的谈话
I need you to take these meetings seriously.
我知道了
I get it.
好吧 那你知道你是在考察期吗
OK, do you “get” that you’re on probation,
你有可能无法毕业
and in danger of not graduating?
你这学期已经旷课两周了
You’ve already missed two weeks of school this year.
是这样
Yeah, um…
– 我祖母 – 等一下
-my grandma– -Stop one second.
我只是想快速确认一下
I just wanna clarify real quickly.
这是那位在过去的三年里去世过四次的祖母吗
Is this the grandma who’s died four times over the past three years?
事实上 有五次
Five times, actually.
这是第五次
This is the fifth.
她不是一个凡人
She’s our miracle.
我是真心想要帮你 但是首先你得认真对待
I really wanna help you, but you’ve gotta take this seriously.
是你自己同意每周进行心理辅♥导♥的
I mean, you agreed to these terms, these weekly counseling sessions,
也答应了平均成绩保持在B 每周参加课外活动
maintaining a B-average, extracurricular participation.
而且我还喜欢陶器
And I am loving pottery.
拜托 别闹了
Come on, man.
听着 我明白你的意思
Look, I get it.
如果我再闯祸 就会被开除
If I screw anything up, I’m out.
我们对你的要求不高 芬奇
We’re not askin’ a lot of you, Finch.
你只需要出现在课堂上
You just need to show up.
我父母很生气 就因为我错过了提前录取
My parents are pissed because I missed early admissions,
但这也没什么 无所谓了
but it’s not like that matters, anyway.
因为我知道我肯定会被录取
I mean, I know I’m gonna get in.
你申请哪所大学了吗
Did you apply anywhere yet?
– 嘿 – 嗨
-Hey. -Hi.
你会去阿曼达的聚会吗
So, you going to Amanda’s party?
会很有意思的
It’ll be fun.
有所耳闻
So I’ve heard.
找点儿乐子 有什么不好
It couldn’t hurt to have a little fun, right?
要是我用名人的名字给我的孩子取名 你会觉得奇怪吗
Yo, do you think it’d be weird if I named my kid after a famous person?
就比如叫他丹尼·德维托·多纳休
Like, if I named him Danny DeVito Donahue,
你觉得他会被我气死吗
do you… do you think he’d be mad about it?
德维托是中间名吗
Is “DeVito” the middle name?
没错
Yeah.
还有一个问题 你现在喝多少了
Follow-up question: how high are you right now?
按比例说 我大概刚到这儿
On the scale, I’d probably say very… this way.
– 按比例 – 没错
– On the scale… – Yeah?
你看什么呢
What are you looking at?
只是欣赏青春期的社会行为准则
Just admiring the social norms of teenage angst.
– 你是在看维奥莱特·马基吗 – 没错
-Are you looking at Violet Markey? -Yep.
她
Her, um…
她的姐姐去世了是吧
her sister died, right?
是的 兄弟
Yeah, dude.
嗯
Hm.
你怎么突然想起来问她的事儿
Why ask about her all of a sudden?
我对她很感兴趣 这有什么奇怪的
I’m intrigued. A guy can’t be intrigued?
别人对她感兴趣不奇怪
Well, a guy can be intrigued.
你对她感兴趣就很奇怪了
You being intrigued is weird.
– 太奇怪了 – 才没有 我没觉得有什么奇怪的
– Definitely weird. -No, I don’t think it’s weird.
我才不会说奇怪呢
I wouldn’t say “weird.”
等一下 你要是不觉得你自己奇怪的话 那我没话说
Wait, if you don’t think you’re weird, well…
– 没错 我不觉得 – 她说的有道理
-Yeah, that’s true. Very true. – She has a point.
– 你辅♥导♥员来电♥话♥了 – 胚胎先生吗
– Your guidance counselor called. -Embryo?
什么
What?
他叫恩布里 我平时都叫他胚胎先生
His name’s Embry. I call him Embryo.
没什么大不了的 KateA
It’s the little things, Kate.
你是不是又闯祸了
Did you do something I should be worried about?
这个猜测让我感到非常不开心了哦
I’m genuinely offended by that supposition.
– 芬奇 – 我没闯祸
-Finch. -No.
没什么大不了的 我能应付得来
It’s fine. I’ll deal with it.
– 我不喜欢你说这句话 – 为什么
– I hate when you say that. -Why?
因为这句话的言外之意就是我得出面解决了
Because what you really mean is that I’m gonna have to deal with it.
你是不是又旷课了
Did you cut class again?
才没有 我的天呐
No! For fuck’s sake,
就是和蒂娜出去玩儿 真没别的
just go hang out with Tina or whatever it is you do.
我很好
I’m fine.
好吧 我会晚点儿回家 冰箱里有吃的
OK. I’m gonna be home late. There’s food in the fridge.
– 正吃着呢 – 不是零食 芬奇
-Mm-hmm. -Real food, Finch.
妈妈呢
Where’s Mom?
她得去芝加哥出差 忘了吗
She had to go to Chicago for business. Remember?
– 哦 对啊 – 爱你
-Oh, yeah, right. Cool. -Love you.
嘿
Hey.
– 爱你 – 爱你
-Love you. -Love you.
少吃点奶酪 芬奇
No more cheese, Finch!
我去拿甜点
I’m gonna get the dessert.
我和你妈都知道 这些日子很难熬
Your mother and I know that today couldn’t have been easy.
对我们来说也是一样的
And it wasn’t easy for us either.
如果你需要谈谈
-If you need to talk about it–
我觉得这应该很好吃
I thought this would be nice.
毕竟 我都做了19年了
I’ve been making it for 19 years.
你们有些人就要毕业了
As some of you will be graduating
并且年底就会去别的地方
and leaving us at the end of the year,
保证你们每个人都亲眼看一看伟大的印第安纳是我的责任
I feel an obligation to make sure you see the wondrous sights of Indiana
趁着你们离开之前
while you can.
如果你们愿意 也可以畅游印第安纳
To wander them, if you will.
在你们的课堂作业中 至少要包括两个印第安纳的奇观
For your class project, you must report on two or more wonders of Indiana.
你要描述这个地方
You will write about them,
阐述它们对你的重要性 以及对印第安纳的重要性
explain their significance to you and to Indiana,
以及为什么你选择它们
and why you chose to visit them.
我希望你们能花点儿时间完成这项任务
I want you to take time on this assignment.
细细考量
Be thoughtful.
好吧
OK.
发生了什么
What just happened?
太奇怪了
That was so weird.
好吧 算了
All right, settle.
维奥莱特 你还好吗
Violet, are you OK?
好吧 大家都坐好 集中注意力
All right, let’s take our seats. Let’s focus up.
你闹够了吗 芬奇先生
If you’re done, Mr. Finch?