我知道你在暗示我 将你拥入怀里安慰你
This is my cue to take you in my arms and reassure you.
但我并不打算这么做 因为我太生气了
But I’m not going to. I’m too mad.
– 是罪恶感吧 – 生气
– Guilty! – Mad!
亲爱的 幕前和幕后的你
There are certain characteristics for which you are famous,
有许多人尽皆知的特质
on stage and off.
其中有我喜欢的也有我讨厌的
I love you for some and in spite of others.
我不断尝试别让它们影响我
I haven’t let those become too important.
它们是让你在戏剧界立足的本钱之一
They’re part of your equipment for getting along in what is called “our environment”.
你必须保持齿尖舌利?行
You have to keep your teeth sharp, all right.
但我不会让自己或夏娃成为你的牺牲者
But I will not have you sharpen them on me, or on Eve.
她的牙齿呢 她的毒牙呢?
What about her teeth? Her fangs?
她还没开始磨 这一点你是知道的
She hasn’t cut them yet and you know it!
所以当你开始以这个 浮华世界的标准
So when you start judging an idealistic, dreamy-eyed kid
来评断这个充满理想的孩子时
by the bar-room, Benzedrine standards of this megalomaniac society,
我是不会接受的
I won’t have it!
夏娃·赫灵顿从未以语言或眼神等暗示过我什么
Eve Harrington has never by word, look, thought or suggestion
除了向我表达她是多么崇拜你
indicated anything to me but adoration for
及看到我们相爱 她是多么高兴
you and happiness at our being in love.
我认为你的无理取闹
To intimate anything else
并不是吃醋 表现出你极度缺乏安全感
spells a paranoiac insecurity
你该感到惭愧
that you should be ashamed of.
停 印出来 接下来我会有什么遭遇?
Cut. Print it. What happens in the next reel?
声嘶力竭的我 会被拖到蛇洞之中吗?
Do I get dragged off to the snake pits?
钱宁小姐
Miss Channing?
开胃菜来了 还有什么事吗?
The hors d’oeuvres are here. Is there anything else I can do?
谢谢你 夏娃 我想喝杯纯的马丁尼
Thank you, Eve. I’d like a martini, very dry.
我去拿
I’ll get it.
– 你要喝什么?- 奶昔?
– What’ll you have? – A milk shake?
请给我一杯纯马丁尼
A martini, very dry, please.
– 马克斯 会场在楼上 – 嗨 比尔
– The party’s on the first floor. – Hi, Bill.
哈罗 理查德太太 你好吗 亲爱的?
Hello, Mrs. Richards. How are you, dear?
哈罗 夏娃
Hello.Eve
晚安 理查德先生 费宾先生
Good evening, Mr. Richards. Mr. Fabian.
哈罗 夏娃
Hello.Eve
– 我帮你拿外套 不用麻烦了 – 我自己来
– May I have your coat? – I’ll take it up.
– 让我来吧 – 谢谢
– Please. – Thank you.
– 嗨 – 嗨 玛格
– Hi. – Hi, Margo.
– 这房♥子真漂亮 -我喜欢那个女孩子
– The house looks lovely. – I like that girl.
举止高雅
That quality of quiet graciousness.
她还有许多迷人之处
Among so many quiet qualities.

Shall we?
玛格 你能接纳夏娃是最让我开心的事
It’s made me so happy your taking Eve in.
很高兴见到你如此开心
I’m so happy you’re happy.
那孩子并不是接受你的施舍
You haven’t been running a settlement house exactly.
她很争气也已经上轨道了
The kid has earned her way.
她刚接手时
You had a mixed-up inventory when she took over.
你的生活作息总是一塌糊涂
Merchandise laying all over the shop.
你把玛格给搞糊涂了
You mixed Margo up with a five-and-ten.
马克斯 现在一切都井然有序了吧?
Everything on its proper shelf, eh, Max? All done up in little ribbons.
就算我现在死了 也没人会注意到
I could die right now and nobody’d be confused.
– 马克斯 你呢?- 我什么?
– How about you, Max? – How about me what?
如果你死了呢?
Suppose you dropped dead. What about your inventory?
我不会因为别人的冷嘲热讽就死掉的
I ain’t going to drop dead. Not with the heat.
这是我听过最精彩的对话
This is the most ghoulish conversation.
– 谢谢你 – 不客气
– Thank you. – Nothing.
马克斯 日安
Max! Mon vieux!
谢菲
Fife!
那孩子马上就下来
“The kid” will be down in a minute,
除非你想带着她的饮料上去找她
unless you’d like to take her drink up to her.
我可以再去拿一杯
I can get a fresh one…
凯伦 给你 典型的吉布森少女
Karen, you’re a Gibson girl.
谢谢
Thank you
空气中弥漫着”马克白式” 紧张的气氛
The general atmosphere is very Macbethish.
发生什么了事 或是什么即将发生?
What has or is about to happen?
他在说什么?
What is he talking about?
马克白
Macbeth.
我们全都清楚你又不是头一遭这样无理取闹
We’ve seen you like this before.
你才刚开始还是已经结束?
Is it over or is it just beginning?
请系好你们的安全带 这将会是颠簸的一夜
Fasten your seat belts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.
– 玛格 亲爱的 – 你好吗?
– Margo, darling! – How are you?
小姐 谢谢你的邀请
Mademoiselle, je vous remercie pour l’invitation.
彼此彼此
Enchantée to you too.
艾迪森 我记得已在名单中将你除名
I remember, Addison, crossing you off my guest list.
你还来干什么?
What are you doing here?
亲爱的玛格 你扮演的彼得潘真令人难忘
Dear Margo, you were an unforgettable Peter Pan.
你一定要再扮演一次
You must play it again soon.
– 还记得卡丝威尔小姐吧 – 不记得了 幸会
– Remember Miss Casswell? – I do not. How do you do?
我们没见过面 或许就是因为如此吧
We’ve never met. Maybe that’s why.
卡小姐是个演员
She is an actress.
毕业于 科帕卡巴纳戏剧艺术学校
A graduate of the Copacabana School of Dramatic Art.
啊… 夏娃
Ah… Eve.
– 晚安 杜威特先生 – 我不知道你们两个认识
– Good evening, Mr. DeWitt. – I had no idea you knew each other.
我们俩终于正式见面了
This must be, at long last, our formal introduction.
– 之前我们只是擦身而过 – 我们也是这样见面的
– Until now, we’ve only met in passing. – That’s how you met me. In passing.
夏娃 她是杜先生母亲的老朋友
Eve, this is an old friend of Mr. DeWitt’s mother.
– 卡小姐 她是赫灵顿小姐 – 幸会
– Miss Casswell, Miss Harrington. – How do you do?
艾迪森 我老早之前就想介绍夏娃给你认识了
I’ve been wanting you to meet Eve for the longest time.
你可能是天性害羞 才会迟迟没有提到这件事
Your timidity must have kept you from mentioning it.
你一定听说她对戏剧有浓厚的兴趣
You know of her interest in the theatre?
我们拥有相同的兴趣
We have that in common.
那么你们更应该好好聊一聊
Then you two must have a long talk.
只怕杜先生 很快就会感到枯燥乏味
I’m afraid Mr. DeWitt would find me boring before too long.
他不会的 他不会让你有说话的机会的
You won’t bore him, honey. You won’t even get a chance to talk.
克劳蒂亚 过来
Claudia, come here.
看见那个人没?马克斯·费宾 他是个制♥作♥人
You see that man? That’s Max Fabian, the producer.
好好去推销自己一番吧
Now, go and do yourself some good.
他们为何总是一副闷闷不乐的样子?
Why do they always look like unhappy rabbits?
因为他们是制♥作♥人 去逗他开心吧
Cos that’s what they are. Now go and make him happier.
现在 别担心 她没事的
Now, don’t worry about your little charge. She’ll be in safe hands.
阿门
Amen!
– 李斯特的”爱之梦” – 我刚才弹过了
– Liebestraum. – I just played it.
– 再弹一遍 – 我已经连弹四次了
– Play it again. – But that was the fourth straight time.
那么就弹第五次吧
Then this will be five.
你的客人问 何时才能看见你的遗体
Many of your guests are wondering when they may be permitted to view the body.
– 你把它放置在哪里?- 时候未到
– Where has it been laid out? – It hasn’t been laid out.
我的遗体还没有进行防腐处理
We haven’t finished with the embalming.
事实上 你正看着它
As a matter of fact, you’re looking at it.
钱宁小姐的遗体
The remains of Margo Channing
坐着
sitting up.
我的遗愿就是坐着被埋葬
It is my last wish to be buried sitting up.
下台一鞠躬不是更自然吗?
Wouldn’t you feel more natural taking a bow?
谈到情感 你根本分不清自然和不自然
You know nothing about feelings, natural or unnatural.
现在不提情感 你的客人想知道
Your guests were also wondering whether the music couldn’t be
可以换点轻松一点的音乐吗?
a shade more on the, shall we say, happier side?
如果客人不喜欢待在这儿
If my guests do not like it here,
我建议他们陪你到 “育婴室”去
I suggest they accompany you to the nursery
我保证你们在那儿 会更有宾至如归的感觉
where I’m sure you will all feel more at home.
玛格 你家有苏打吗?
Margo, you by any chance haven’t got any bicarbonate of soda in the house?
可怜的马克斯 心痛?
Poor Max. Heartburn?
卡丝威尔小姐
It’s that Miss Casswell.
他的心痛一定是她造成的
I don’t see why she hasn’t given Addison heartburn.
无心可痛
No heart to burn.
每个人都有一颗心 除了一些人之外
Everybody has a heart, except some people.
我当然有苏打
Of course I’ve got bicarb.
餐具室里有一盒
I’ve got a box in the pantry.
我们会写上你的名字 马克斯·费宾
We’ll put your name on it. “Max Fabian.”
它将永远只供你使用
It will stay there always, just for you.
让其他人去赚钱吧
Let the rest of the world beat their brains out for a buck.
朋友才是最重要的
It’s friends that count.
而我有一大堆朋友
And I have friends.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!