如果最近不流行 将来一定会
If it isn’t, it’s going to be.
总之 我找不到另一个耳环
I can’t find the other one.
把那封无聊的信扔掉 无聊透顶了
Throw that dreary letter away. It bores me.
– 你认为耳环会在哪儿?- 它会出现的
– Where do you suppose it could be? – It’ll show up.
我放弃 假发里找看看吧 也许就在里面
Oh, I give up. Look in the wigs. Maybe it got caught in one.
假发里有钻石 这是什么世界啊
Real diamonds in a wig. The world we live in.
我的外套在哪儿?
Where’s my coat?
这得看你把它放在哪儿了
Right where you left it.
丝♥袜♥
The seams.
他老是盯着我这双腿看
He can’t take his eyes off my legs.
就像尼龙柠檬皮一般
Like a nylon lemon peel.
拜伦也想不出比这更高雅的话
Byron couldn’t have said it more graciously.
走吧
Here we go.
有什么话?
Got any messages?
要我转达泰伦鲍尔?
What do you want me to tell Tyrone Power?
告诉他我的电♥话♥号♥码就行了
Just give him my phone number.
我自己会告诉他的
I’ll tell him myself.
让他们见识你的厉害吧
Kill the people.
-钥匙带了没?- 家里见了
– You got your key? – See you at home.
我有一个建议 时间已经不多了
I have a suggestion. There’s really not very much time left.
你们还没有时间独处
I mean, you haven’t had a minute alone yet.
这里由我来收拾
And I could take care of everything here
我会带着机票到登机口与你们会合的
and meet you at the gate with the ticket,
如果你们不介意的话
if you’d like.
这样再好不过了
I think we’d like very much.
– 你不介意吗?- 当然不会
– Sure you won’t mind? – Of course not.
这女孩不错 叫什么名字
She’s quite a girl, this what sher name.
夏娃 我都忘了世上还有这样的人
Eve. I’d forgotten they grew that way.
不矫柔造作 坦率直接而且善解人意
That lack of pretense, that strange directness and understanding.
她没有说出她对戏剧的看法?
Did she tell you about the theatre and what it meant?
没有 说的人是我
No, I told her. I sounded off.
我讲了一大堆 万教归于一统
All the religions in the world rolled into one,
而你我是唯一的真神
and we’re gods and goddesses.
可笑吧?我突然对她起了戒心
Isn’t it silly? Suddenly I’ve developed a big, protective feeling toward her.
她是迷失在石头丛林中的羔羊
A lamb loose in our big, stone jungle.
自己在那儿保重了
Take care of yourself out there.
那儿的印地安人都被抓起来了
They have the Indians pretty well in hand.
比尔
Bill.
– 别四处拈花惹草 – 我会尽力的
– Don’t get stuck on some glamour puss. – I’ll try.
你已经是名草有主之人了 还这么不老实
You’re not much of a bargain. You’re conceited, thoughtless and messy.
我又不是格里高利·派克
Everybody can’t be Gregory Peck.
你总是挡不住美女挑逗的眼神
You’re a setup for some young babe.
你还要幼稚到什么时候?
How childish are you gonna get before you stop it?
我不要当个幼稚之人 多年前我就习惯了
I don’t wanna be childish. I’d settle for a few years.
那么 就别再无理取闹了
And cut that out right now.
比尔 我会失去你吗?
Am I going to lose you, Bill? Am I?
你现在的行为 就像个六岁的小女孩
As of this moment, you’re six years old.
都准备好了
All ready.
谢谢你的帮助 祝你好运
Thanks for your help. Good luck.
再见了 山普森先生
Goodbye, Mr. Sampson.
– 帮我编条围巾吧 – 到达之后打个电♥话♥给我
– Knit me a muffler? – Call me when you get in.
孩子
Hey, Junior!
好好照顾她 千万别让她感到寂寞
Keep your eye on her. Don’t let her get lonely.
她是迷失丛林之中的羔羊
She’s a loose lamb in a jungle.
别担心
Don’t worry.
当天晚上 我们派人去拿夏娃的东西
That same night, we sent for Eve’s things, her few pitiful possessions.
她仅有的几样东西 她搬到顶楼的客房♥住
She moved into the little guest room on the top floor.
接下来三个星期的生活 简直就像童话故事一般
The next three weeks were out of a fairy tale,
我是苦尽甘来的灰姑娘
and I was Cinderella in the last act.
夏娃成为我的姐姐 律师 母亲 朋友 心理医师和警♥察♥
Eve became my sister, lawyer, mother, friend, psychiatrist and cop.
我们处于蜜月期
The honeymoon was on.
还要再谢幕一次吗?
One more?
从现在起 他们不再是诚心地鼓掌
From now on it isn’t applause,
只是在人去楼空前 装模作样罢了
just something to do till the aisles get cleared.
怎么了?
What, again?
我可以看你演最后一幕上千回
I could watch you play that last scene a thousand times,
每一回都让我掉泪
cry every time.
上千回?如果我能演那么久
Performance number 1, 000 of this one, if I play it that long,
我一定是在疯人院中演
will take place in a well-padded booby hatch.
我可以看出 你一定是在想念山普森先生
I must say, you can certainly tell Mr. Sampson’s been gone a month.
没错
You certainly can.
特别是在寂寞的夜晚
Especially if you’re me between now and tomorrow morning.
你买♥♥了尺寸较小的束腰 我可以感觉得出来
You bought the new girdles a size smaller. I can feel it.
是你的腰变粗了
Something maybe grew a size larger.
回家后 你一定会穿上这些束腰搔首弄姿一番
You can get into one of those girdles and act for two and a half hours.
这些束腰我穿不下的
I couldn’t get into the girdle in two and a half hours.
你还没注意到我最近的装潢
You haven’t noticed my latest bit of interior decorating.
你已经做了不少 还有什么新的吗?
But you’ve done so much. What’s new?
窗帘 我亲手做的
The curtains. I made them myself.
真漂亮 伯蒂 你说是吗?
They’re lovely. Aren’t they lovely, Birdie?
漂亮极了
Adorable.
现在更衣室就只欠一个篮球框
We now got everything a dressing room needs except a basketball hoop.
你连拉链都不会缝
Just because you can’t even work a zipper!
夏娃 你真是太贴心了 谢谢
It was very thoughtful of you, Eve. I appreciate it.
你继续卸妆 我把这衣服拿去给保管员
I’ll just take this to the wardrobe mistress.
不用麻烦了 布朗太太待会儿就来了
Don’t bother. Mrs. Brown will be along soon.
一点都不麻烦
No trouble at all.
请恕我直言
May I be so bold as to say something?
你听过”工会”这两个字吗?
Have you ever heard of the word “union”?
我欠你薪水?多少?
Behind in your dues? How much?
– 我没有加入工会 我只是个奴役 – 哦
– I haven’t got a union. I’m slave labor. – Well?
可是服装管♥理♥员♥就有 在演艺圈中 除了男高音之外
But the wardrobe women have got one and, next to a tenor,
服装管♥理♥员♥是最难搞定的
a wardrobe woman is the touchiest thing in show business.
她们有两项任务 拿服装和把服装烫坏
She’s got two things to do: carry clothes and press ’em wrong.
而且还不愿别人插手
And don’t let anybody try to muscle in.
夏娃
Eve.
把衣服拿给布朗太太吧
We’d better let Mrs. Brown pick up the wardrobe.
喂?
Hello.
你可以和比佛利山通话了
We are ready with your call to Beverly Hills.
通话 通什么话
Call? What call?
是田普顿8-9970号♥ 玛格·钱宁小姐吗?
Is this Templeton 89970? Miss Channing?
没错 但我不懂
Yes, it is, but I don’t understand.
你预约在加州时间午夜12点
We are ready with the call you placed for 12 midnight,
与比佛利山庄的山普森通话
California time, to Mr. Sampson.
– 我预约?- 请开始通话
– I placed? – Go ahead, please.
玛格 好大的惊喜啊
Margo, what a wonderful surprise.
你这样做 真是太贴心 太可爱了
What a thoughtful, ever-lovin’ thing to do.
比尔 我疯了吗?
Bill. Have I gone crazy, Bill?
你是我的女人 不是吗?没错
– You’re my girl, aren’t you? – That I am.
那么你就是疯了
Then you’re crazy.
– 你什么时候回来?- 一星期后
– When are you coming back? – I leave in a week.
电影已经拍好了 昨晚我们看了试片
The picture’s wrapped up. We previewed last night.
那些试片
Oh, those previews.
就像新片首映一样 可怕极了
Like opening out of town, but terrifying.
但我也莫可奈何
There’s nothing you can do.
我仿佛是被困在装影片的锡罐里
You’re trapped. You’re in a tin can.
不管是被困在锡罐 赛璐玢
In a tin can, cellophane
或纳瓦霍式色彩鲜艳的毛毯中
or wrapped in a Navajo blanket, .
我要你回来
I want you home
– 这么急?- 我很急 快回来吧
– You in a hurry? – In a big hurry, so be quick about it.
再见了 亲爱的 晚安
Goodbye, darling. Sleep tight.
等等 别急着挂电♥话♥ 你还没有说
Hey, wait a minute. You haven’t even said it yet.
比尔 你知道我是多么想你
Oh, now, Bill. You know how much I do,
可是在电♥话♥中…
but over a phone…
那是小孩子的玩意儿
Now, really. That’s kids’ stuff.
不论是不是小孩子的玩意儿
Kids’ stuff or not.
机会难得 我要听你说
It doesn’t happen every day and I wanna hear it.
– 如果你说不出来用唱的也可以 – 用唱的?
– And if you won’t say it, you can sing it. – Sing it?
没错 就像那些工会的人一样
Sure, like the Western Union boys used to do.
比尔
Bill…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!