但这项荣誉
and that I regard this great honor
并不代表我达到的成就
not so much as an award for what I have achieved,
而是代表我有待进步的空间
but as a standard to hold against what I have yet to accomplish.
更且 我只是上台代表接受这项荣誉
And, further, that I regard it as bestowed upon me only in part.
这项荣誉更属于我在剧场的朋友
The larger share belongs to my friends in the theatre,
及剧场本身
and to the theatre itself
是剧场给了我今日的一切
which has given me all I have.
平心而论 我得将这份荣誉献给应得之人
In good conscience, I must give credit where credit is due.
献给马克斯·费宾 亲爱的马克斯
To Max Fabian. Dear Max.
多情 慷慨 勇敢的马克斯·费宾
Dear sentimental, generous, courageous Max Fabian,
他冒险起用了一个没没无闻的业余演员
who took a chance on an unknown, untried amateur.
献给我在戏剧界的第一朋友
To my first friend in the theatre,
她的亲切及慷慨令我没齿难忘
whose kindness and graciousness I shall never forget,
凯伦 理查德太太
Karen. Mrs. Lloyd Richards.
凯伦让我见到我的偶像
It was Karen who first brought me to one whom I’d always idolized,
这位偶像后来成为我的恩人和对手
one who became my benefactress and champion.
她是一位伟大的演员 也是一位伟大的女性
A great actress and a great woman,
玛格·钱宁
Margo Channing.
献给我的导演
To my director,
虽然他总是要求我超越极限
who demanded always a little more than my talent could provide,
但他却一直耐心地教导我
but who taught me patiently and well,
比尔·山普森
Bill Sampson.
还有另一位
And one
如果不是他那伟大的剧本和对我的信心
without whose great play and faith in me,
今晚我就无法站在这里
this night could never have been.
我如何才能报答洛依·理查德德呢?
How can I repay Lloyd Richards?
还有太多人
How can I repay the many others,
我无法在此一一详述
so many, I couldn’t possibly name them all,
由于他们的协助 指引及忠告
whose help, guidance, and advice
今晚才能成为我这一生中最开心的一晚
have made this, the happiest night of my life, possible.
虽然明天我将前往好莱坞拍片
Although I am going to Hollywood next week to make a film,
但请别认为我将离开你们
do not think for a moment that I am leaving you.
叫我如何能离开你们呢?
How could I?
我的心在剧场这里
My heart is here in the theatre,
三千哩并不能阻挡 我对各位的思念
and 3, 000 miles are too far to be away from one’s heart.
我将尽快回来
I’ll be back to claim it, and soon.
如果你们希望我回来的话
That is, if you want me back.
祝各位晚安
Good night to you all, and to all, a good night.
不管这是什么奖… 献给我亲爱的老婆
For services rendered beyond whatever it is of duty, darling.
快走 我是主人
Come on, I’m the host.
我得尽快回家 以免客人偷走我的酒
I got to get home before my guests start stealing the liquor.
– 恭喜了 夏娃 – 谢谢你 凯伦
– Congratulations, Eve. – Thank you, Karen.
– 恭喜你 赫灵顿小姐 – 谢谢
– Congratulations, Miss Harrington. – Oh, thank you so much.
夏娃 讲得真好 但我并不会太担心你的心
Nice speech, Eve. But I wouldn’t worry too much about your heart.
你可以将那奖座 放在你内心所向往的地方
You can always put that award where your heart ought to be.
我想没剩下半杯饮料了
I don’t suppose there’s a drink left?
– 你可以到马克斯家喝 – 我不想去
– You can have one at Max’s. – I don’t think I’m going.
– 为什么?- 因为我不想去
– Why not? – Because I don’t want to.
– 夏娃 我真为你高兴 – 谢谢
– I’m so happy for you, Eve. – Thank you so much.
马克斯可是费了好大的心思
Max has gone to a lot of trouble.
这是一场精心策划的庆功宴 特地为你举办的
This is going to be an elaborate party and it’s for you.
不对 他是为了这座奖杯
No, it isn’t. It’s for this.
– 这还不是一样?- 没错
– It’s the same thing, isn’t it? – Exactly.
来 你代我拿着它去吧
Here, take it to the party instead of me.
你又孩子气了
You’re being very childish.
– 我好累 我只想回家 – 好吧 我先送你回家
– I’m tired. I want to go home. – Very well. I’ll drop you off.
然后再自己去 我不想过错这场宴会
I shall go to the party alone. I have no intention of missing it.
– 你是谁?- 赫灵顿小姐
– Who are you? – Miss Harrington.
– 你在这里干什么?- 我大概是睡着了
– What are you doing here? – I… I guess I fell asleep.
别叫警♥察♥逮捕我
Please don’t have me arrested.
我没偷任何东西 你可以搜身
I didn’t steal anything. You can search me.
你是怎么进来的?
How did you get in here?
我一直躲在走廊 然后有个女佣进来铺床
I hid outside till the maid came in.
她一定是忘了拿东西 她出去拿时忘了关门
She went out to get something and left the door open.
我就乘机溜进来 一直躲到她离开
I sneaked in and hid till she’d finished.
然后我就四处看看
Then I just looked around.
不久 我担心有人会注意到灯亮着
I was afraid someone would notice the lights were on,
我就把灯关掉
so I turned them off.
– 然后大概就睡着了- 你只是四处看看?
– Then I guess I fell asleep. – You were just looking around?
– 如此而已 – 为什么?
– That’s all. – What for?
– 或许你不会相信的 – 大概不会相信
– You probably won’t believe me. – Probably not.
– 为了我的报告 – 什么报告?给谁的报告?
– It was for my report. – What report? To whom?
你如何生活 穿什么衣服
About how you live, what kind of clothes you wear,
用什么香水 看什么书 诸如此类的事
what kind of perfume and books, things like that.
几乎每一所女校都有夏娃·赫灵顿社
You know the Eve Harrington Club that they have in most girls’ high schools?
我听说了
I’ve heard of them.
在依拉斯摩斯地区 本校是最先创立的
Ours was one of the first, Erasmus Hall.
– 我是社长 – 依拉斯摩斯 在布鲁克林?
– I’m the president. – Erasmus Hall. That’s in Brooklyn, isn’t it?
许多女演员都来自布鲁克林
Lots of actresses come from Brooklyn.
芭芭拉史坦威克和苏珊海华
Barbara Stanwyck and Susan Hayward.
当然她们只是电影明星
Of course, they’re just movie stars.
你不是要去好莱坞?
You’re going to Hollywood, aren’t you?
从你的行李看来 你会在那儿待很久
From the trunks you’re packing, you must be going to stay a long time.
或许吧
I might.
溅出的酒会弄脏你的地毯
That spilled drink’s gonna ruin your carpet.
明天早上女佣会清理的
Maid’ll fix it in the morning.
– 我来清理 – 不用麻烦了
– I’ll just clean up the mess. – Don’t bother.
– 你是怎么从布鲁克林来的?- 搭地铁
– How’d you get up here from Brooklyn? – Subway.
需要多久的时间?
How long does it take?
连换车等算在内超过一小时
With changing and everything, a little over an hour.
现在已经一点多了 你无法回家了
It’s after one now. You won’t get home till all hours.
我不打算回家
I don’t care if I never get home.
有人来了
That’s the door.
你休息吧 我来开门
You rest. I’ll get it.
你是谁?
Hello. Who are you?
赫灵顿小姐正在休息 杜威先生
Miss Harrington’s resting, Mr. DeWitt.
她要我来开门
She asked me to see who it is.
我不打扰她休息了
Well, we won’t disturb her rest.
她把她的奖杯忘在计程车上
It seems Miss Harrington left her award in the taxi cab.
你拿给她好吗?
Will you give it to her?
告诉我 你怎么会知道我的名字?
Tell me, how did you know my name?
你是个名人 杜威先生
It’s a very famous name, Mr. DeWitt.
– 你叫什么名字?- 菲比
– And what’s your name? – Phoebe.
– 菲比?- 我自称为菲比
– Phoebe? – I call myself Phoebe.
有何不可?
And why not?
菲比 告诉我 你希望将来也能赢得一座奖杯吗?
Tell me, Phoebe, do you want someday to have an award like that of your own?
– 求之不得 – 你就该请教赫小姐 如何才能办到
– More than anything else in the world. – Then ask Miss Harrington how to get one.
她是专家
Miss Harrington knows all about it.
谁啊?
Who was it?
计程车司机 赫小姐
Just a taxi driver, Miss Harrington.
你把奖杯忘在车上 他拿来还你
You left your award in his cab, and he brought it back.
放在行李箱吧 我要打包
Put it on one of the trunks, will you? I wanna pack it.
遵命 赫灵顿小姐
Sure, Miss Harrington.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!