这种荒郊野外连农舍都很少见
There’s not much along this back road.
车子也不多见 搭便车是不太可能了
Not many cars either. Not much chance of a lift.
光是坐在这里等也不是办法 我去碰碰运气
No sense in sitting here. I’m gonna walk up about half a mile, just in case.
– 想听吗?- 随便
– You want it on? – It doesn’t matter.
我不喜欢靡靡之音
I detest cheap sentiment.
– 凯伦 – 嗯哼
– Karen? – Mm-hm?
不 谢了
No, thank you.
这个周末我很扫你们的兴
I haven’t been very pleasant this weekend.
最近我们的压力都很大
We’ve all been a little tense lately.
这几个星期来 我总是阴晴不定
Come to think of it, I haven’t been very pleasant for weeks.
我对这件事感到非常抱歉
For that, I’m truly sorry.
希望你和洛依不要生我的气
More than any two people I know, I don’t want you and Lloyd to be angry with me.
我们并不是真的生气 只是对你的行为感到不悦
We’re never deeply angry. We just get mad the way you do.
我们太了解你了
We know you too well.
太多人了解我了
So many people know me.
我也希望能是
I wish I did.
我希望有人能告诉我是一个什么样的人
I wish someone would tell me about me.
你是玛格 独一无二的玛格
You’re Margo. Just Margo.
玛格是谁?除了是个聚光灯下的女伶之外
And what is that? Besides something spelled out in light bulbs, I mean.
除了情绪容易失控之外 除了是个会泼妇
Besides a temperament, which consists mostly of swooping about on a broomstick
破口大骂之外
and screaming at the top of my voice.
我的行为就像个婴孩一样
Infants behave the way I do, you know.
婴孩的行为总是容易失控
They carry on and misbehave.
如果知道他们一定会喝得大醉
They’d get drunk if they knew how,
当得不到他们想要的东西时
when they can’t have what they want.
当感觉到自己不被需要
When they feel unwanted
没有安全感或是得不到爱时
or insecure or…
他们一定会变得不可理喻的
…unloved.
– 比尔呢?- 比尔?
– What about Bill? – What about Bill?
他爱你
He’s in love with you.
我爱比尔胜于一切 而且我需要他
More than anything in this world, I love Bill. And I want Bill.
而且我需要他需要我
And I want him to want me.
我希望他需要的是我 而不是玛格·钱宁
But me, not Margo Channing.
如果连我都无法分辨出她们
And if I can’t tell them apart,
他怎么能够分辨出来呢?
how can he?
他为什么需要呢?你为什么需要呢?
Well, why should he and why should you?
比尔爱玛格·钱宁
Bill’s in love with Margo Channing.
他与她并肩作战并爱着她
He’s fought with her, worked with her, loved her.
但10年后 玛格·钱宁将不再具有魅力
But ten years from now Margo Channing will have ceased to exist.
到时候只剩下什么?
And what’s left will be… What?
玛格 比尔只小你8岁
Margo, Bill is all of eight years younger than you.
我们的差距会愈来愈大的
Those years stretch as the years go on.
这种例子我看太多了
I’ve seen it happen too often.
这种情况不会发生在你和比尔身上的
Not to you, not to Bill.
大家总是这么说
Isn’t that what they always say?
我该知道引擎不转动就没有暖气
I don’t suppose the heater runs if the motor doesn’t.
可笑吧?
Silly, isn’t it?
你还是乖乖坐在车内保暖吧
You’d think they’d fix it so people could just sit in a car and keep warm.
谈谈夏娃吧…
About Eve.
我对她一直相当不友善
I’ve acted pretty disgracefully toward her too.
别试着为我找藉口
Don’t fumble for excuses.
我在向你说出真心话
Not here and now with my hair down.
充其量 只能说我是过度敏感
At best, let’s say
因为她是那么年轻
I’ve been oversensitive to…
那么有女人味又那么无助
Well, to the fact that she’s so young, so feminine and so helpless.
拥有那么多 我想呈献给比尔的东西
To so many things I want to be for Bill.
一言难尽啊 女人的事业
It’s funny, a woman’s career.
为了攀上高峰而牺牲这一切
The things you drop on your way up so you can move faster.
你忘了当你回头想再当女人时 你还会需要一切
You forget you’ll need them again when you get back to being a woman.
天底下所有的女性都有一项共同的事业
That’s one career all females have in common,
不管我们喜不喜欢
whether we like it or not.
那就是当个女人
Being a woman.
迟早我们都必须用心经营
Sooner or later, we’ve got to work at it.
不管我们拥有多少其他的事业
No matter how many other careers
或是我们有多少想做的事业
we’ve had or wanted.
终究 一切都比不上
And in the last analysis, nothing’s any good unless you can
当你看着餐桌时
look up just before dinner or
或是在床上翻身时 他就你眼前
turn around in bed and there he is.
尽管你认识一切
Without that, you’re not a woman.
达官贵人和社会名流
You’re something with a French provincial office or a… A book full of clippings.
但你仍称不上是个女人
But you’re not a woman.
布幕缓缓落下 剧终
Slow curtain. The end.
玛格 我想让你知道我很抱歉
Margo. Margo, I want you to know how sorry I am about this.
– 抱歉什么?- 这件事
– About what? – This.
我难以表达我的歉意
I can’t tell you how sorry I am.
别放在心上了 命运总是在捉弄人
Don’t give it a thought. One of destiny’s merry pranks.
况且汽油又不是你漏的
After all, you didn’t personally drain the gasoline tank yourself.
夏娃的表现果然是精彩
Eve, of course, was superb.
尽管许多观众希望
Many of the audience
下次再来看玛格的演出
understandably preferred to return another time to see Margo.
但仍有许多观众对夏娃报以热烈的掌声
But those who remained cheered loudly, lustily and long for Eve.
她真是体贴入微 那一天下午打电♥话♥邀请我
How thoughtful of her to call and invite me that afternoon.
而且恰巧当时有许多
And what a happy coincidence that several representatives
报社的记者在场
of other newspapers happened to be present.
我们全部受邀去观赏
All of us invited that afternoon
一位由替身演出
to attend an understudy’s performance,
连管理部门事先都不知情的戏
about which the management knew nothing
直到9点 他们被迫拉开布幕为止
until they were forced to ring up the curtain at nine o’clock.
巧合啊
Coincidence.
孩子 你的表现不只是还好而已
You were better than all right.
你的表演获得热烈的回响
You rang a bell.
尽管仍有些瑕疵但瑕不掩瑜
Little things here and there, but it doesn’t matter.
重要的是 你能以自己为荣 你有这个权利
Be proud of yourself. You’ve got a right to be.
你以我为荣吗 比尔?
Are you proud of me, Bill?
我必须承认 马克斯打电♥话♥给我时
I admit I was worried when Max called.
我很担心 我心中充满问号♥
I had my doubts.
你不该有任何疑虑的
You shouldn’t have had any doubts.
总之 前几天
After all, the other day was one scene.
你是缺乏经验
The woods are full of one-scene sensations.
不过 你办到了
But you did it.
凭着你的努力和耐心 你会成为一位好演员的
With work and patience, you’ll be a good actress
– 如果你想的话 – 你想让我成为好演员吗?
– if that’s what you wanna be. – Is that what you want me to be?
– 我是在谈你 你想吗?- 我也是在谈你
– I’m talking about you and what you want. – So am I.
– 这件事与我何干?- 一切
– What have I got to do with it? – Everything.
我是不会藉职务之便吃女星豆腐的 祝你幸运
The names I’ve been called, but never Svengali. Good luck.
别逃避 比尔
Don’t run away, Bill.
逃避什么?
From what would I be running?
你在舞台上一直在追求真理 舞台下呢?
You’re always after truth on the stage. What about off?
为真理而活
I’m for it.
那么就面对它吧 我一直在面对它
Then face it. I have.
从我们在此见面的那一夜开始
Ever since that first night in here.
我告诉你每个年轻女演员都应该知道的事开始?
I told you what every actress should know.
你告诉我之后 我的成就全归功于你
You told me that whatever I became, it would be because of you.
– 妆太浓了一些 – 也全是为你
– Make-up’s a little heavy. – And for you.
– 你真不简单 – 你这么认为?
– You’re quite a girl. – You think?
我爱的人是玛格 难道你没听说?
I’m in love with Margo. Hadn’t you heard?
人总会听到各种流言
You hear all kinds of things.
我只是个凡人 人言可畏
I’m only human, rumors to the contrary,
我和天下的男人都一样好奇
and I’m as curious as the next man.
– 那么就去找出答案 – 只有一件事
– Find out. – Only thing:
我只追求我想追求的
what I go after I want to go after.
不愿它来追求我
I don’t want it to come after me.
别哭 人生难免有遗憾
Don’t cry. Just score it as an incomplete forward pass.
谁?
Who is it?
我可以进来吗?
May I come in?
当然 杜威先生
Certainly, Mr. DeWitt.
我以为这房♥间会挤满你的崇拜者
I expected to find this room with a theatreful of people at your feet.
他们不对我丢东西 我就谢天谢地了
I’m lucky they didn’t throw things.
我对你今晚杰出的表现 一点都感到不惊讶
Your performance was no surprise to me.
在我前几天看过你的试镜之后
After the other day, I regarded it as simply a promise fulfilled.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!