把这些话告诉佛洛依德吧
Tell that to Dr. Freud
其他的话也一并告诉他
along with the rest of it.
不 我要告诉你 同时这也是最后一次
No, I’ll tell it to you for the last time.
因为你必须停止无理取闹以防伤害你我两人
Cos you’ve got to stop hurting the two of us by these paranoiac tantrums.
又是无理取闹 我根本不懂什么叫无理取闹
That word. I don’t even know what it means.
该是你了解的时候了
It’s time you found out.
我爱你 我爱你
I love you. I love you.
你是个既聪明又美丽的女人
You’re beautiful and intelligent.
只有声音的躯体
A body with a voice.
既聪明又美丽的伟大演员
A beautiful and an intelligent woman, and a great actress.
正处于事业的颠峰
A great actress at the peak of her career.
一切快乐的理由你都具备
You have every reason for happiness.
– 除了快乐之外 – 一切理由
– Except happiness. – Every reason.
不过 你无法控制自己的情绪
But due to some uncontrollable drive,
而使自己的行为显得幼稚
you permit the slightest action of a kid…
– 幼稚?- 使你变得像个歇斯底里的泼妇
– A kid! – …a kid to turn you into a screaming harpy.
就此打住吧
Now, once and for all, stop it.
显然你不是女人
It’s obvious you’re not a woman.
– 这一点我已经注意到很久了 – 我是个女人
– I’ve been aware of that for some time. – Well, I am.
当然
I’ll say.
我不需要你的施舍
Don’t be condescending.
起来 我请你喝杯酒
Come on, get up. I’ll buy you a drink.
我承认不再像过去那样风光
I may have seen better days,
但我还不至于沦落到
but I’m still not to be had for the price of a cocktail.
一杯酒就能打发的地步
Like a salted peanut.
– 玛格 咱们握手言欢吧 – 代价太高
– Margo, let’s make peace. – The terms are too high.
只为了快乐?只为了别再误会夏娃和我?
Just being happy? Just stopping all this nonsense about Eve?
– 这不是误会 – 这纯粹是子虚乌有
– And Eve and me? – It’s not nonsense.
你有在听我说话吗?
But if I tell you it is, as I just did, were you listening to me?
– 你闹够了没?- 但愿如此
– Isn’t that enough? – I wish it were.
什么是闹够了?
Then what would be enough?
如果我们结婚呢?
If we got married?
我不需你只是想证明某件事而与我结婚
I wouldn’t want you to marry me just to prove something.
你不想和我结婚的理由太多了
You’ve had so many reasons for not wanting to marry me.
玛格 告诉我真正的原因吧
Margo, tell me what’s behind all this.
我也不知道
I don’t know, Bill.
只是一种感觉
It’s just a feeling. I don’t know.
你一定知道
I think you do know.
只是不愿告诉我罢了
But you won’t or can’t tell me.
我说过 这是我最后的告白
I said before it was gonna be my last try, and I meant it.
绝不再优柔寡断 我已尽了最大的努力
I can’t think of anything else to do. I wish I could.
落幕之后 我们总是相互叫骂和互砸东西
We usually wind up screaming as the curtain comes down.
然后又和好如初
Then it comes up again and everything’s fine.
但这一回不一样了
But not this time.
世上没有一个剧作家
No playwright in the world could make me believe
能让我相信 两个成年人之间会有这种关系
this would happen between two adult people.
再见了 玛格
Goodbye, Margo.
比尔
Bill?
你要去哪儿?
Where are you going?
去找夏娃?
To find Eve?
现在我终于相信了
That suddenly makes the whole thing believable.
洛依
Lloyd.
– 洛依 怎么了?- 我受够了 我再也受不了了
– Lloyd, what’s happened? – Up to here, that’s where I’ve got it.
明星的臭架子 傲慢无理 歇斯底里
Of all the star-ridden, presumptuous, hysterical…
– 玛格又开始了 – 一而再 再而三
– Margo again. – And again and again.
而且试镜还迟到两小时
Two hours late for the audition.
这对玛格而言算是准时
That’s on time for Margo.
然后又开始无理取闹
And then a childish routine
说她并不知道夏娃是她的替身
about not knowing Eve was her understudy.
– 可能她真的不知道 – 她当然知道
– It’s possible she didn’t. – She knew.
至少艾迪森告诉过她 夏娃把角色诠释得很好
Addison told her how superbly Eve had read the part.
凯伦 夏娃具有成为明星的一切条件
Karen, let me tell you about Eve. She’s got everything. A born actress.
敏感 善解人意 年轻 活力四射
Sensitive, understanding, young, exciting…
亲爱的 别把形容词用完了
You’ll run out of adjectives, dear.
一个剧作家最想写的一切
Everything a playwright first thinks of wanting to write about,
直到他的作品只为钱宁小姐量身定作之前
until his play becomes a vehicle for Miss Channing.
玛格表现不俗啊
Margo hasn’t done badly by it.
玛格表现得淋漓尽致 她自己也清楚
Margo’s great. She knows it,
但这就是问题所在
that’s the trouble.
她可以演活泼妇之类的角色
She can play Peck’s Bad Boy all she wants
但谁能阻止她的无理取闹?
and who’s to stop her?
谁能够给她当头棒喝?
Who’s to give her that boot in the rear she needs and deserves?
我们将有个舒适悠闲的周末
It’s gonna be a cozy weekend.
– 怎么说?- 明晚我们开车到乡下
– What is? – We’re driving to the country tomorrow.
就我们四个 比尔 玛格 你和我
Just the four of us. Bill, Margo, you and I.
我们四人曾在周末无话可说
Well, we’ve spent weekends before with nobody talking.
只要记得将钝器和能摔的东西锁起来就没事了
Just be sure to lock up all blunt instruments and throwable objects.
他们说牛顿
Newton, they say,
是因为被苹果砸到头而思考地心引力的问题
thought of gravity by getting hit on the head by an apple.
发明蒸气机的人
And the man who invented the steam-engine,
是因水壶而得到灵感
he was watching a teakettle.
但我不是那种人
But not me.
我的好点子都是坐在沙发想出来的
My big idea came to me just sitting on a couch.
给玛格一个当头棒喝 天晓得她能否开窍
That boot in the rear to Margo. Heaven knows, she had one coming.
来自我 洛依 夏娃 比尔 马克斯…
From me, from Lloyd, from Eve, Bill, Max and so on.
我们再也无法忍♥受她的无理取闹
We’d all felt those size fives of hers often enough.
但如何给她当头棒喝呢?
But how?
答案总是在我脑海翻滚
The answer was buzzing around me like a fly.
有了
I had it.
但我随后放弃这个主意 就破口大骂吧
But I let it go. Screaming and calling names is one thing,
但这又代表…
but this could mean…
有何不可?我告诉自己这样做有何不可
Why not? “Why, ” I said to myself, “not?”
这样做不仅合法
It would all seem perfectly legitimate.
而且只有两个人知道
And only two people in the world would know.
况且这一计当头棒喝能够使一切问题迎刃而解
Also, the boot would land where it would do the most good for all concerned.
毕竟这只是个无伤大雅的玩笑
After all, it was no more than a harmless joke
届时玛格将是第一次受益者
which Margo herself would be the first to enjoy.
而且将来再找机会告诉她也无妨啊
And no reason why she shouldn’t be told about it, in time.
喂 请叫夏娃小姐听电♥话♥
Hello. Will you please call Miss Eve Harrington to the phone?
不 我会等的
Not at all. I’ll wait.
那是一个寒冷的周末 内心和外界都一样
It was a cold weekend, outside and in.
比尔并未出现
Bill didn’t come at all.
玛格不知道他在哪儿 也不在乎他在哪儿
Margo didn’t know where he was and didn’t care, she kept saying.
沿路上她说个不停 我们共渡周日
Somehow we staggered through Sunday,
周一下午 我们载玛格到车站时
and by the time we drove Margo to the station late Monday afternoon,
她和洛伊之间的不愉快已经化解
she and Lloyd had thawed out to the extent of being civil to each other.
几点了?
What time is it?
一分钟前你问时是5点42分
When you asked a minute ago, it was 5.42.
现在是5点43分 下一分钟你问时是5…
It is now 5.43. When you ask again a minute from now…
我只是不愿玛格赶不上火车
I just don’t want Margo to miss her train.
她快来不及到剧院了
As it is, she’ll barely make the theatre.
5点55分 绝对来得及
5.55. We’ll be at the station in plenty of time.
这里到纽约只要两个小时
That little place “just two hours from New York.”
这件事我永远弄不清楚
It’s on my list of things I’ll never understand,
就像不懂为何有人要收集缩小的印地安人头颅一样
like collecting shrunken Indian heads.
你应该了解需要安静的意义
You should know what it means to want a little peace and quiet.
只有图书馆才需要安静
Peace and quiet is for libraries.
怎么了?拜托
Lloyd. Please.
只是稍微打滑而已 路面太滑了
Just a little skid, that’s all. This road’s like glass.
– 凯伦和我不想有任何意外发生 – 我也不想啊
– Karen and I just don’t want an accident. – I don’t intend to have an accident.
你想不想并不是重点 我们可是穿着长长的内衣
It isn’t important whether you do. We are wearing long underwear.
这是怎么啦?
Now what’s this?
不可能啊 汽油不可能没了
But it can’t be. We can’t be out of gas.
我昨天才去加油的
I filled it myself yesterday.
今天早上你开去布鲁斯特 不是还满的吗?
Wasn’t it full when you drove to Brewster this morning?
大概吧 我没看 我是不会去注意这种事的
I didn’t look. You know I don’t pay attention to those things.
太不可思议了
Just incredible.
– 还有多少时间?- 大约10分钟
– How much time have we got? – Roughly ten minutes.
– 离车站多远?- 三 四哩吧
– How far is the station? – About three or four miles.
这附近有地方可以加油吗?
Any houses where we can borrow gas?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!