来吧 你这个又大又丑的黑熊 我现在就能赢你
Come on, you big, ugly bear. I’ll whup you right now.
二一零点五
Two-ten and a half. Two-ten and a half!
挑战者 凱修斯·克里 210 5磅
The challenger, Cassius Clay, two hundred and ten and a half pounds.
-老兄 你肯定吗 -称出来就是怎么多
-Man, you sure that’s right? -That’s what the weight is.
嘿 你这个难看的老熊 上啊
Old, ugly bear, come on. Let’s go.
你骗了这些人 我一点也不怕你 一点儿也不
You got these folks fooled. I ain’t scared of ya! I ain’t scared of ya!
218磅 218磅
Two hundred and eighteen. Two hundred and eighteen.
桑尼·利斯顿 世界冠军
Sonny Liston, the champion of the world.
218磅
Two hundred and eighteen pounds.
-多少磅 -太丑了
-Pounds of what? -Pounds of ugly.
这家伙太丑了 连他出的汗
That man’s so ugly, when he sweat…
都倒流离开他的前额 想避开他那张丑脸
the sweat run backwards off his forehand just to stay away from his face.
来吧 你这只难看的大熊 我要把你撕成碎片
Come on, you big, ugly bear! I’ll turn you into a rug!
继续说吧 到时候 我就把你干趴下
Keep talkin’. I’m gonna fuck you up.
要是你赢的了我
If you whup me…
我就从拳台爬出去 乘第一班飞机离开美国
I’ll crawl out of the ring and take the first jet airplane out the country.
这算打赌吗 克里先生
Is that a promise, Mr. Clay?
你会第一个知道他在说胡话
You’ll eat his words first.
凱修斯 你7胜1负 战绩一般
Cassius, you’re a 7-1 underdog.
利斯顿说他会用拳头说话
Liston says he talks with his fists.
-你怎么说 -你怕他吗
-What do you say? -You scared of him?
我会让桑尼·利斯顿 知道什么是说话
I’m gonna give Sonny Liston talkin’ lessons…
什么是打拳 什么是被击倒
boxin’ lessons and fallin’ down lessons.
凱修斯 你是黑人穆♥斯♥林♥吗
Cassius, are you a black Muslim?
帕特·普特南在迈阿密先驱报上说的
Pat Putnam says in the Miami Herald…
信仰是私人的事情 你这什么鬼问题
A man’s religion is his own business. What kind of question is that?
安吉罗 告诉我
Angelo, tell me…
马尔科姆在那里 后来他离开了
Malcolm X was in town, then he left.
他这么做是为了不让你难堪吧
Was that so he wouldn’t embarrass you?
-霍华德 -利斯顿不喜欢你
-Yeah, Howard? -Liston doesn’t like you.
他说他受不了你 他要杀了你
Really can’t stand you. Says he wants to kill you.
霍华德·库赛尔 你除了会煽动人 还会做什么
Howard Cosell, you ain’t nothin’ but an instigator.
你怎么变成这样子了
Man, how you get that way?
凱修斯 你现在真的是凶猛好战
Cassius, now you’re being truculent.
这样不错的话 那我就是这样
If it’s good, I’m that.
下一个就是你 等我一打败 桑尼·利斯顿
You next. Soon as I’m done with Sonny Liston,
我就跟霍华德·库赛尔打
I’m fightin’ Howard Cosell.
你们最好现在记下
Y’all write that down right now.
这样好吗
That’s good?
要检查一下吗
Wanna check that out?
嘿 你什么时候回来的
Hey, man, when you get back?
我刚到 前排7号♥座位
I just got here. I’m front row, seat seven.
我和爸妈坐一起
I’ll be sittin’ with Mom and Dad.
你一开始就该和我一起 没人会躲开我
You should’ve stayed in the first place. Nobody gotta hide when they’re with me.
兄弟 记得保持冷静
There’s nothing wrong with being cool, my brother.
他说的对
He’s right.
挑战者 凱修斯·克里
…and challenger, Cassius Clay.
晚上好 女士们先生们
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
城市用油公♥司♥提供赞助
Brought to you by the City Service Oil Company…
业务拓及37个州和加拿大
and its dealers in 37 states and Canada…
产品包括百万车主熟知的大加仑汽油
known to millions of motorists for Big Gallon gasoline…
以及野根洗发水 全新包装
and by new Wildroot, totally new Wildroot in a new tube…
新配方使您的秀发清爽自然 决不油腻
with a great formula that grooms hair to look neat and natural, never greasy.
另一个拳击里程碑近在眼前
Another boxing milestone is at hand.
几分钟后
In just a few minutes,
来自路易斯维尔的凱修斯·马赛勒斯·克里
Louisville’s Cassius Marcellus Clay…
将会面对重量级冠军查理·桑尼·利斯顿
will be facing the devastating punching power…
极具破坏力的铁拳
of the heavyweight champion, Charles”Sonny” Liston.
来争夺新的世界重量级冠军
…for the heavyweight championship of the world.
向大家介绍一下 我右边的是
Introducing, on my right…
这一刻到了
And now the time has come.
挑战者和卫冕冠军都已进入拳台
Both challenger and champion are in the ring.
新的世界重量级冠军即将出炉
The heavyweight championship of the world is on the line.
他能熬过第一回合就已经是奇迹了
I fit goes past the first round, there will be surprises already.
桑尼·利斯顿裹着厚毛巾
Sonny Liston wrapped in that tery cloth towel of his…
像偶像般裹着头
wrapped around his head swami fashion…
看起来跟往常一样凶狠
Looking as malevolent and baleful as ever.
但挑战者也绝非等闲之辈
But this man is a professional prizefighter.
从不犯错
Make no mistake about it.
我要你们有职业道德
I want a clean fight.
我说停 你们就停止攻击 退后
When I say break, stop punching and step back.
有什么疑问吗 冠军
Do you have any questions, champ?
你呢 挑战者
Any questions, challenger?
很好 互击拳套 先生们 祝你们好运
We’re fine. Touch gloves, gentlemen. Good luck.
全国的拳迷们 晚上好
Good evening, sports fans across the nation.
利斯顿穿着有黑色条纹的白色短裤
Liston in the white trunks with the black stripes.
克里 比他高1.5英寸
Clay, an inch and a half taller,
穿着有红色条纹的白色短裤
in the white trunks with the red stripes…
凱修斯·克里 躲来躲去
And Cassius Clay is sidestepping.
就是这样 冠军 保持这样的脚步
There it is, champ. Stay on your toes now.
我们看到冠军在猛烈攻击
And we can see that the champion is the aggressor.
打击中心脏下方
There’s a shot under the heart.
凱修斯·克里灵巧的躲开 克里开始左拳连击
Cassius Clay slips away. And now Clay pounds a left.
左刺拳
Another left. A straight jab.
击中他了 这时铃♥声♥响了
It seems to have stunned him. And that’s the bell.
铃响后他们还在打 他们还在打
And they’re fighting after the bell. And they’re still fighting.
这个回合结束了
This round is over.
别打架了 你管一管呀 裁判
Break it up, ref.
这一次两位拳手彼此憎恨
There is no love lost between the two contenders at this time.
凱修斯回到他的角落 这一局真叫人吃惊
Cassius goes back to his corner. It’s been an amazing round.
你能赢他
You can beat this guy.
我知道
I’m still here.
桑尼·利斯顿不愿意坐在他的椅子上
And Sonny Liston is not taking the stool.
他急着要回去打挑战者的脸
He’s anxious to get back into the challenger’s face.
盯着身体打 猛打身体 然后打头部
Take it to the body. Kill the body, the head will follow.
这与利斯顿所预期的完全不同
This is a totally different fight than Liston expected…
这里在座的都知道
and anyone in this arena will tell you.
左摆拳 克里眼睛睁大了
There’s a long, looping left hand. Clay’s eyes are wide open now.
-上啊凱修 上 -退后
-Come on, Cass! Move! -Step back.
-加油 凱修斯 -加油
-Come on, Cassius! -Come on, Chi-Chi!
我不是在做预测
I’m not prognosticating anything…
但他能撑到现在
but merely his survival to this juncture…
凱修 打他
Cass, hit him!
分开
Break.
放开他
Let him go.
桑尼·利斯顿受伤了 他眼角流血了
Sonny Liston is hurt. He’s bleeding from his eye.
他正向高手挑战
He’s defying the experts early.
我们要重新审视这个年轻人
We have to take a look at this man
他确实不惧怕这个冠军对手
and say he is not in awe of the champion.
他对我来说不算怎么 他自己知道
He ain’t nothin’ to me. And he know it.
就是这样
This is it now.
让我用那个 约翰
Let me have that, John.
他们准备好了
And now they’re ready.
把那个难看的家伙打倒
You gonna knock the ugly off of him.
要花点时间 但你做得到
That’s gonna take a long time, but you can do it.
又来了 裁判 把他掰开
There he is. Get him off. Do your job, ref.
弄开他 裁判
Shake him. Do your job, ref.
又来了
There it is.
嘿 裁判
Come on, ref.
分开
Break.
-又来了 -克里闪开了
-There he is. -Clay slips around and out.
但又被逼向护绳 就在我头上
Up against the ropes. Right above me now.
靠得太紧了 快分开
Too tight. Get in there.
我的眼睛 我的眼睛里有东西 我看不到了
My eyes. There’s something in my eyes. I can’t see nothin’.
加油
Come on.
-怎么回事 -没事
-What’s going on? -Nothin’.
那家伙暂停了还打 你管好这事就行了 我们没事
The guy’s punchin’ on the breaks. Just take care of it. We’re fine.
我什么也看不到 过去把他们干掉 安吉
I can’t see nothin’, man. Just go and cut ’em off, Angie.
不 不 你不能不戴手套打
No, no. You can’t fight with no gloves on.
起来 努力
Just get up. Get up. Try and do it. Come on.