我在你的眼睛里看见她
…and I see her in your eyes.
你太想要这个王位了
You covet this throne too much.
我们都知道你那个 豺狼一样的母亲希望我死掉
We all know that she-wolf of a mother of yours wants me dead.
你们都在做梦 小孩子
Well, you can both dream, boy.
菲利浦 这是醉话 别管那孩子了 以后再说
Philip, this is the wine talking. Leave the boy. It’ll wait.
现在
Now!
我命令你
I command you.
向你的亲人道歉
Apologize to your kinsman.
道歉
Apologize.
不是我的亲人
No kinsman to me.
晚安 老头
Good night, old man.
我妈妈改嫁的时候 我会邀请你参加婚礼的
And when my mother remarries, I’ll invite you to her wedding.
你这个杂种
You bastard!
你要听我的话 快道歉
You’ll obey me. Come here.
这就是将要带你们离开希腊 去波斯的男人吗
This is the man who is going to take you from Greece to Persia?
他甚至无法从一张桌子跳到另一张
He can’t even make it from one couch to the next.
离开我的王宫 你被流放了 小杂种
Get out of my palace! You’re exiled, you bastard!
禁止你出现在这片土地 你不受欢迎
Banished from the land. You’re not welcome here.
你不是我儿子
You’re no son of mine!
在春天 亚历山大集结了15万大军
In the spring, Alexander marched an army of 150,000…
穿越了兴都库什的关卡
… across the passes of the Hindu Kush…
来到未知的世界
… into the unknown.
在他的梦想中 这里就是 有希望到达世界尽头的通道
In his dream, it was the promised route to the end of the world.
我们现在是一个移♥动♥王国
We were now a mobile empire…
从希腊伸延了十万英里的路
… stretching back thousands of miles to Greece.
厨师和建筑师 医生 探路人
Cooks and architects, doctors, surveyors…
借债人和妻子
… moneylenders and wives…
孩子 情人 娼妓
… children, lovers, whores.
和奴隶
And slaves…
不知名的奴隶 作为这头新生 野兽的脊梁 弯着腰辛劳着
… that anonymous, bent, working spine of this new beast.
破坏 扩张 变得更好 或者更坏
Ravaged or expanded, for better or worse…
任何被占领的土地 都无可能再保持原样
… no occupied territory remained the same again.
虽然已经娶了罗克珊娜
Although devoted to Roxane…
但亚历山大去她帐篷的次数逐渐减少
… Alexander’s visits to her tent diminished…
一年两年过去 他们仍然没有后代
… as a year, then two, went by without a successor…
这很伤亚历山大的自尊
… wounding Alexander’s great pride.
探路人说那里是宙斯 绑缚普罗米修斯的地方
The surveyors are saying that Zeus chained Prometheus up there.
在那些洞穴的其中一个
In one of those caves.
他们说那只巨鹰的巢穴 就在洞穴的正上方
They say there’s a giant eagle’s nest just above it.
可能它每晚都下来啄食 普罗米修斯的肝脏
I suppose he drops down each night to peck out poor Prometheus’ liver.
你记得亚里士多德告诉我们 关于这些山脉的事吗
You remember what Aristotle told us of these mountains?
是的 我记得
Yes, I do.
当我们爬上这些高山
That when we reach these heights…
回头可以看见座落在西边的马其顿
…we’d look back and see Macedonia to the west…
还有东方辽阔的外海域
…and the outer ocean to the east.
但我恐怕这个世界 远比任何人想像的都要广大
But I fear this world is far larger than anyone dreamed.
泰坦的世界
A world of Titans.
调查人员已勘察过每条已知的小道 亚历山大
The scouts have been up every known trail, Alexander.
没有可以翻越的路
There is no way across.
除非去南方 到印度
Except to the south, into India.
如果我们是神 就可以 打破这些壁垒直接去东海
Were we gods, we’d breach these walls to the eastern ocean.
我们可以的 亚历山大
We will, Alexander.
几年之后 我们就可以回来
In a few years’ time, we will return.
但首先士兵们要找到归属
But first, the men must see their homes.
你找到你的归属了吗
Have you found your home…
托勒密
…Ptolemy?
我越来越肯定 我的归属是亚历山大城
More and more, I think it will be Alexandria.
至少那里是炎热的
Well, at least it’s hot.
并且泰丝
And Thais…
她喜欢那个地方
…she loved it there.
女人总能给男人一个归属
Women bring men home.
我却没那种感觉 你有了巴比伦 亚历山大
I have no such feeling. You have Babylon, Alexander.
那里有你的母亲在等待着你的邀请
Where your mother awaits your invitation.
是的 我有巴比伦
Yes, I have Babylon.
但每当我踏上一片土地 越过一条分界线时
But each land, each boundary I cross…
就会又丢掉一个幻想
…I strip away another illusion.
我感觉死亡是最后的归属
I sense death will be the last.
所以我继续更加艰苦的努力
Yet still I push harder and harder…
去找到我的归属
…to reach this home.
我们的鹰飞到哪去了
Where has our eagle gone?
我们必须前进 托勒密
We must go on, Ptolemy.
直到我们找到终点
Until we find an end.
印度 太阳升起的国度
India, the land where the sun was born…
神话里号♥称比波斯更富有的地方
… fabled to be even richer than Persia…
从未被探索或征服
… had never been explored or conquered.
从这时开始 我们努力 想统一这片没有中心的土地
From the beginning, we struggled to unify a land without a center.
这里的国王们彼此勾心斗角
Kings who conspired against one another.
错综复杂的部落 在狂热信徒和贤哲的鼓动下
A labyrinth of tribes urged on by zealots and philosophers…
为了他们的异神灵 可以成千上万的去死
… to die by the thousands for their strange gods.
我们见到的 是从未想像过和难以形容的
We saw things we’d never dreamed and could hardly describe.
我们发现鸟可以说话 而人却不行
We saw birds that could talk and men that couldn’t.
先锋部队的格雷塔斯 和长着长毛的敌人战斗
Craterus, in the advance party, fought against men with hairy skins…
他们体形很小居住在树上
… who were tiny and lived in the tops of trees.
那里 他们是动物
Over there! They’re animals.
直到赫菲斯提安 使我们确信 那些只是模仿人类的动物
Until Hephaistion convinced us these were animals who imitated men…
不过穿着自己的皮
… but wore their own skin.
他们管这个部落叫”猴子”
They called this tribe “monkey.”
猴子 猴子
Monkey. Monkey.
我们发现它们和其中生活的部落 没有什么不同
But we saw little difference with the tribes who lived among them.
看他的手 很像我们的
Look at his hand. It’s so much like ours.
你好 小人们
Hello, little man.
他们能说话 不 但他们可以唱歌♥和制♥造♥噪音
Do they speak? No, but they do sing and make noises…
来自森林的树屋顶
…from the roofs of the forest.
我们看见那些人都公然裸体行走
We saw men who walked naked in public…
或是花几个小时凝视 而什么也不做
… and spent hours at a time staring and doing nothing.
有些人已经活了200年
Some who lived 200 years.
随后 大雨来临了
And then, there was the rain.
我们从没见过天神降下这么多雨水
Never before had we seen water that fell from the gods…
整整六十个日夜
… for 60 days and nights.
好了 今天
Well done today.
确认女人和小孩有供给
Make sure the women and children are fed.
你更清楚 马卡塔斯
You know better, Machatas.
你儿子要说什么
What’s your son going to say?
振作起来 伙计 你是老当益壮
Come on, man. The older you get, the stronger.
是的 国王 你是我的领路马 亚历山大
Right, my king. You’re my horse, Alexander.
我将伴你左右
I’ll be with you at your side.
在大雨中所有东西都腐烂了
Everything rotted in this rain…
很多人不幸的死于小小的毒蛇
… and scores of men died miserably from the tiny serpents…
这里到处都透着邪恶
… that were everywhere in this evil land.
出什么事了 挨到脖子了
What happened? It’s to the neck.
哦 不 宙斯 不
Oh, no. Zeus, no.
坚持住坚持住
Hold on. Hold on.
勇敢些
Be brave.
勇敢些
Be brave.
哦 宙斯
Oh, Zeus.
我们对黄金和荣誉的渴望化为泡影
Our quest for gold and glory evaporated as we realized…
因为我们意识到这里什么也得不到
… there was none to be had.
心情愈加恶劣
Tempers worsened.
我们屠♥杀♥了所有反抗的印度人
We massacred all indians who resisted.
当地的水源腐坏了
And with the local water putrid…
我们只能狂饮烈酒
… we drank the strong wine.
在我们向东南移♥动♥过程中
And as we moved south and east…
亚历山大经常向那些 被我们征服的国王归还土地
… Alexander often returned the lands we’d conquered to their defeated kings…
以此来和他们结为盟友
… so as to make them allies.
但是将士们对此不太乐意
But this did not sit well with the army…
大家开始疑虑
… who began to wonder:
我们在这里是为了财富 还是亚历山大
Were we here for riches? Or had Alexander…
出于顽固和疯狂的需求 在模仿赫拉克勒斯的荣耀
… in some remorseless and crazed quest to imitate the glory of Herakles…
从而忘记了他们
… forgotten them?
军队们第一迅速反映起来的就是
One thing an army knows quickly in their bones…