我们晚饭前想要一杯雪利酒
Mrs. Moore and I would like a glass of sherry before dinner.
去拿几个杯子过来 好吗
Fetch a couple of glasses up to the room, will you?
好的
Yes, sir.
多纳吉夫人 很荣幸为您服务
It’s been a pleasure, Mrs Donaghue.
但是
But…
他什么时候告诉他妻子他其实是个女的的
when did he tell his wife he was a woman?
婚礼前
Before the wedding?
还是婚礼后
Or after?
她说她妻子是个裁缝?
Did she say her wife was a milliner?
肖恩 你干嘛让
Sean! What in the name of
帕特里克爬那么高
God you’re doing letting our Patrick up there?
慢慢下来
Come along down slowly…
麦金斯 快帮帮我们
Mr. Mackins! Mr. Mackins, help us!
天哪 帕特里克 你爬那么高干嘛
Oh, my! Patrick, what are you doing up those ladders?
好了 各干各的去吧
All right, now everyone back to work.
哦 太棒了
Oh, wonderful!
女士们
Ladies…
女士们 先生们 请安静
Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please!
下面请我们的女主人宣布舞会开始
I now call upon the mistress of the house to open the ball.
有请玛格丽特·贝克夫人
Mrs. Margaret Baker!
一起来 小兔子
Come on, bunny, bunny!
出去
Get out!
-阿尔伯特 老兄 -您好
– Albert, my good man! – Doctor.
你怎么不装扮起来
Why aren’t you in fancy-dress?
我吗
Me, Sir?
我是个服务生
But I’m a waiter.
我是个医生
And I’m a doctor!
我们都装扮成自己
We are both disguised as ourselves!
不错吧
What’s a good one, eh?
你叫什么
Tell me your name?
告诉我
What’s your name?
你弄疼我了
You’re hurting me.
等等
Wait…
海伦
Helen.
海伦·道斯
Helen Dawes.
霍伦安医生
Dr. Holloran…
给我杯子
Give me that now.
别闹了
Stop!
514英镑
Five hundred and fourteen pounds,
17先令6便士
seventeen shillings and six pence.
7便士
Now… seven pense.
再加3法新[1法新约1/4便士]
And… one… two… three-farthings.
再半年 我就能有600镑了
In six months, I could have sixhundred pounds…
医生
Doctor.
先生 您的早茶
Your morning cuppa, Sir.
我头疼
Suffering God, Albert,
我昨晚喝了什么
what was I drinking last night?
先生 您的茶
Your tea, Sir?
还有您的布♥什♥米尔威士忌
Your Bushmills.
老兄 你真好
Oh, good man, Nobbs,
来一杯吧
let’s have a drop, shall we,
清醒清醒
for an eye-opener.
够爽
Oh, that’s good. Oh, dear!
有事吗 阿尔伯特
Everything all right, Albert?
什么 抱歉
Sir?
你有心事
Something on your mind?
没 没有
Oh, no! No, sir.
其实 我一直在想
Sir, the fact is, I’ve been thinking.
你在想事情啊
Oh, thinking are you.
是的
Yes, sir.
我在想
I’ve been thinking
我有可能做点小生意
I might purchase a little business.
做生意 不错
A business! Fancy that.
什么生意呢
What kind of a business?
大概是
Perhaps…
一个小店
a little shop…
卖♥♥什么
What kind of a shop?
我一直在想 有可能卖♥♥
I’ve been thinking, maybe
烟草
tobacco.
不错
Oh, yes,
烟草店 很适合男人
a tobacconist’s, now, that would suit a man.
但是女人也能做接待
But a woman could serve at the counter.
不错 女人也行
Yes, indeed. A woman could.
你不会在想着娶个老婆吧 诺伯斯
You’re not thinking of taking a wife are you, Nobbs?
谁家的姑娘这么幸运呢
Who’s the lucky lady?
-霍伦安医生早上好 -早上好
– Good morning, Dr. Holloran. – Good morning, Mary.
诺伯斯先生早上好
Good morning, Mr. Nobbs.
拿走
Get that out of you way there?
女人
Women…
诺伯斯烟草店
“TOBACCONIST – A. Nobbs”
两个柜台
Two counters…
一个卖♥♥烟草和其他东西
one for tobacco… and things…
另一个卖♥♥甜点
the other for sweetmeats.
后面有扇门
There’s a door behind…
直通会客厅
leading to the parlor…
属于妻子的会客厅
the wife’s parlor.
那休伯特和凯瑟琳住哪呢
But where do Hubert and Cathleen sleep?
-需要帮忙吗 -不必
– Need a hand there, Mr. Nobbs? – No.
别生气嘛
All right, don’t lose your rag.
希望能再见到你们
Lovely to see you again, ladies.
-我们会回来的 -谢谢您
– We’ll be back. – Thank you, Mrs. Baker.
阿尔伯特会照顾你们的
There now, Albert will look after you.
能在大理石壁炉架上放只钟了
Now she can have a clock on a marble chimney piece.
裁缝店
Dressmaker.
有事吗
Yes?
诺伯斯先生
Mr. Nobbs.
我只是路过
I was passing by…
请进 请进
Come in, come in!
凯瑟琳 这位是诺伯斯先生
Cathleen, this is Mr. Nobbs.
这是我老婆
Mr. Nobbs, my wife.
佩吉夫人
Mrs. Page.
很高兴认识您 诺伯斯先生
Pleased to meet you, Mr. Nobbs.
那么
Well now,
我们正要吃晚饭 诺伯斯先生
we were just about to have a bit of dinner, Mr. Nobbs?
-和我们一块吃吧 -不了
– Will you join us? – Oh, no.
谢谢 佩吉夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Page,
我来把这个还给你
I wanted to give you this…
你把它丢在我…屋里了
You left it in my… in the room.
你大老远跑来 就是为了这
You came all this way, just to give me this!
这是我工作服上的扣子
It’s the button from my work-coat!
少了这个我还真没法配
I didn’t have another one to match!
您帮我避免了一场真正的悲剧哦
You have averted a veritable tragedy, Mr. Nobbs.
为这您也得留下来吃顿饭
For that you must certainly stay and have your dinner with us.
休伯特 快帮客人拿外套和帽子
Hubert, you take Mr. Nobbs’s coat and hat,
别让客人拘谨
and not have him standing there like a stranger!
我还以为她会很不同
I thought she’d be… different.
你说凯瑟琳
Cathleen?
哪方面
In what way?
她很真实
She’s… real.
噢 是的
Oh, she’s real, all right!
你一直在想着凯瑟琳的事吗
So, you’ve been thinking about my Cathleen, have you?
或者你也想找个属于自己的凯瑟琳
Or, have you might find a Cathleen of your own?
请坐
Sit down.
我本来以为你在家会穿女人的衣服
I thought you’d be dressed as a woman at home.
要是有邻居
And what if a neighbour
从窗户往里看怎么办
passing by happened to look in the window?
那你从来不♥穿♥裙子吗
So you never wear a dress?
这样比较安全
It’s safer, this way.
我没必要告诉你这些
But I don’t need to tell you that!
不过话说回来
And anyway… it’s not like

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!