我们就越能准确地预测出,不玩游戏的结果。
Exactly.
没错。
This is the mathematical tool we always mentioned.
这就是我们经常提到的数学工具。
You are brilliant, Stan.
你太有才了,斯坦。
You remember that we couldn’t find Klaus?
你还记得我们找不到克劳斯吗?
Yes.
是的。
He appears to be in Russia.
他似乎在俄♥罗♥斯♥。
And not because of the Nutcracker suite.
不是去那里看《胡桃夹子》芭蕾舞。
The son of a bitch told them everything they need to know about bombs.
这王八蛋把原♥子♥弹♥的机密,告诉了苏联人。
Now Edward has all the support and is working on the fusion.
现在爱德华得到了所有人的支持,正在研究核聚变。
You have to come back to Los Alamos.
你必须回到洛斯.阿♥拉♥莫斯。
It will be better.
这样会更好些。
You could also teach again.
你也可以再次去教书啊。
No.
不想。
I need to go back there.
我需要回到那里。
But…
但是…
doesn’t it feel wrong to have a kid
有了孩子,继续研究这个炸♥弹♥,
and keep working on this bomb?
感觉不对吗?
What about us?
我们娘俩怎么办?
1948年一月,新墨西哥州 洛斯.阿♥拉♥莫斯
Jocelyn.
乔斯林。
I need this again All of it.
我需要再来一次所有的。
– Yes, sir. – Good? No mistakes.
-是的,先生。 -行吗?别出错了。
Look who’s here.
看看谁来了。
In Goettingen we used to say,
在哥廷根,我们常说:
(德国的大学城)
“A mathematician is a machine that translates coffee into theorems.”
“数学家是把咖啡转换成定理的机器。”
So how do the calculations look?
那么计算结果如何呢?
I have to discuss them with Washington.
我得和华盛顿方面讨论一下。
Congratulations on your promotion.
祝贺你的升职。
It suits you.
这也适合你。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Could you give me a little more detail on the parts that I’ve marked?
你能把我标出的部分,再描述得详细一点吗?
Edward…
爱德华…
I actually think it’s not the math.
我觉得这不是数学问题。
It seems as if the general engineering of the bomb doesn’t work.
这枚炸♥弹♥用一般工程方法,似乎不起作用。
You lose too much heat to the environment.
你流失了太多热量到外部环境中。
It cools down too fast,
它冷却得太快了,
and you propose to blow up two atomic bombs to make it work.
你提议炸两颗原♥子♥弹♥来让它工作。
But it doesn’t.
但这不行。
Then use three bombs.
那就用三枚原♥子♥弹♥。
The fusion reaction works once we get it started.
聚变反应一旦启动,就会起作用。
The bomb is already very big.
炸♥弹♥已经很大了。
With three bombs,it’s as large as a truck.
要是三枚原♥子♥弹♥,它会像一辆卡车一样大。
Stanislaw, why don’t you leave this to an engineer to solve?
斯坦尼斯劳,为什么不让工程师来解决呢?
Listen…
听着…
I am glad that you had a change of heart.
我很高兴你改变主意了。
I am, really.
我也是,真的。
We do need your ideas.
我们确实需要你的想法。
Especially since we haven’t got much time.
尤其是我们时间不多了。
Thanks to Klaus, the Russians have their own bomb now.
多亏了克劳斯,苏联人现在有了自己的原♥子♥弹♥。
I never really liked Fritz.
我从来都不喜欢“德国佬”。
Well, Klaus was a very good poker player.
好吧,克劳斯玩牌玩的非常好。
And a traitor.
但他是个叛徒。
当年,第一次核试爆,“三位一体行动”现场
Stefka?
斯蒂芬卡?
Stefania?
斯蒂芬妮娅?
I’m thinking about several ways to solve the bomb’s engineering problem.
我在想几种方法,来解决这枚炸♥弹♥的工程上的问题。
The fusion seems only possible with an immense amount of pressure.
核聚变似乎只有,在巨大的压力下才能实现。
Did you talk with Edward?
你和爱德华谈过了吗?
No.
没有。
I have to figure it out first.
我得先弄清楚。
Do you remember our hiking trips?
你还记得我们的徒步旅行吗?
They never liked us,because we were slowing the group down.
他们从来都不喜欢我们,因为我俩拖了整个团队的后腿。
I miss the humor, Johnny.
我还记得你的那个笑话,约翰尼。
Do you know the joke about the dying Jew in Prague?
你听说过布拉格垂死犹太人的笑话吗?
Jew lies on his deathbed.
犹太人躺在床上奄奄一息。
He says, “My beloved wife, are you here?”
他说:“我亲爱的妻子,你在吗?”
She answers, “Yes, of course.”
她回答说:“是的,当然。”
So he turns to his son:
于是他转向儿子:
“My son, are you here?”
“儿子,你在吗?”
The son cries and says, “Yes.”
儿子哭着说:“是的。”
This goes on.
如此继续下去。
“My brother, are you there?”
“我的兄弟,你在吗?”
Also the brother is there.
他兄弟也在那里。
Suddenly,
突然,
the old Jew gets really, really angry
老犹太人非常非常生气地说:
and says, “But who’s in the store, then?”
“那么谁在店里呢?”
Hello, I’m a clown.
你好,我是个小丑。
You seem distant.
你魂不守舍了。
You sit here, but you’re not here.
你坐在这里,但你魂不知在哪里。
You’re absent.
你缺席了。
I found out how to solve it.
我知道怎么解决了。
The hydrogen bomb.
关于氢弹。
I know how to make it work.
我知道,该怎么做了。
But I’m not sure whether I should tell them.
但我不确定,是否应该告诉他们丫的。
If you’re not sure,
如果你不能确定,
then what’s the point in spending any more time here?
那还在呆在这里,有什么意义?
We could just leave.
我们可以直接离开。
Doesn’t Edward have a point?
爱德华说得有道理吗?
It’s just a matter of time before the Russians get the hydrogen bomb.
俄♥国♥人研制出氢弹,只是时间问题。
Equal chances.
机会是相等的。
Doesn’t it secure Claire’s future?
这难道不是克莱尔的未来吗?
I don’t know what to do.
我不知道该怎么办。
Let’s have a normal life.
让我们过正常的生活吧。
Because I can’t stand this any longer.
因为我再也受不了了。
The problem remains that
问题仍然是
we can’t keep the temperature steady.
我们不能保持,核聚变温度的稳定。
The sun uses gravity to contain heat.
太阳是利用重量,来储存热量。
Well, I think that we have to put the deuterium
我想我们得把氘
and the lithium in a safe.
和锂放在保险箱里。
The most massive safe you can imagine.
你能想象到的最大的保险箱里。
Then we let it implode until it’s super-critical
然后我们让它内爆,直到达到临界温度,
and the reaction starts.
聚变反应便开始了。
That will work.
这会有效的。
I did basic calculations.
我做了基本的计算。
It’s a closed system and, in fact,
这是一个封闭系统,实际上,
not very complex to solve.
解决起来并不复杂。
What do you say, Edward?
你说呢,爱德华?
Hm.
哼。
It is indeed brilliant.
这确实很精彩。
Well done, Stanislaw.
干得好,斯坦尼斯劳。
Great work.
了不起。
Great work, Stan.
了不起,斯坦。
I’m calling Washington.
我立即向首都汇报。
Congratulations.
祝贺你。
Now you belong to the establishment.
现在你是咱们体制内的人了。
Yes.
是的。
What happened?
发生什么了?
Some problems with the memory.
内存除了些毛病。
I have an idea since a couple of days.
几天前我有了个主意。
What if one would use small atomic bombs
如果用小型原♥子♥弹♥
as a propulsion for a spaceship?
作为宇宙飞船的推进器会怎样?
Did you steal it from a novel like they did with the fission bomb?
你是从小说里偷来的吗?就像他们偷核子分♥裂♥炸♥弹♥一样?
Maybe I should read more science fiction.
也许我应该多读些科幻小说。
– Do you have numbers? – Some.
-你有数据吗? —有一些。
You should keep thinking about that.
你应该继续琢磨下去。
Could be an alternative to these Germans in Texas and their rockets.
可以替代德州的德国人和他们的火箭。
(指的是在休斯敦,冯.布劳恩正在率领团队搞火箭发射)
We should present that.
我们应该露一手,给他们丫看看。
I’d like to work on it with you and our friends,
我愿意与你和咱们哥们一起努力,
but not with an institution.
而不是与某个机构合作。
I’ve met somebody.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!