我玩不起你。
I’m already recovering from last week.
我已经从上周的伤病中,恢复过来了。
Come on, Jack.
来吧,杰克。
No.
不想。
I’ll let you win,and make sure you don’t lose money.
我会让你赢,并确保你不赔钱。
Don’t ask me. I’m broke.
别问我。我破产了。
Klaus?
克劳斯?
(这位物理学家是出生在德国的共♥产♥党人,他此时是英国政♥府♥派来参与“曼哈顿计划”的)
I’d rather go back to Germany.
我宁愿回德国去。
Then go back to Germany.
那你就滚回德国去。
Leave the guy alone.
离那家伙远点。
(推门进来这位就是后来的“氢弹之父”,理论物理学家,爱德华.泰勒)
Gentlemen.
先生们。
Has anybody seen my brown notepad?
有人看到我的棕色记事本了吗?
The brown one?
棕色的那个?
Small one, right?
小的。对吗?
With all the brilliant ideas in it?
里面有那么多绝妙的主意?
Yes, Jack. Where is it?
是的,杰克。它在哪里?
I don’t know. I haven’t seen it.
我不知道。我还没看过。
Edward, do you mind if we all go and work outside?
爱德华,你介意我们都去外面工作吗?
The weather is beautiful.
天气真是太好了。
Very often you’re late.
你经常迟到。
You take breaks whenever you want.
你可以随时休息。
We have to make progress here and prove that my idea works.
我们必须在这里取得进展,证明我的想法是可行的。
Did you think about the interaction
你考虑过电子
between the electrons and the gas?
和气体之间的相互作用吗?
I asked you to come up with an approach for it.
我让你想出一个解决方法。
Tomorrow. I’m almost done.I’ll come by at your house.
明天给你。我快做完了。我会去你家的。
Like you already said yesterday.
这话,就像你昨天说的。
I don’t understand your concept.
我不明白你的概念。
A hydrogen bomb requires far more energy
氢弹比原♥子♥弹♥需要
than the atomic one.
更多的能量。
Where does the energy come from?
能量从何而来?
Well, I suggest that before you are trying
好吧,我建议在你试图
to prove that my idea doesn’t work,
证明我的想法行不通之前,
you should show to all of us
你应该给我们大家看看
what they first teach to a student
他们首先教给波兰著名的利沃夫学校
from the famous Lvov school in Poland.
的学生的是什么。
Maybe I’ve missed it,
也许我没注意到,
but respect seems to be absent from your repertoire.
但你似乎不懂得尊重别人。
Edward, the atomic bomb seems like a firecracker next to this.
爱德华,原♥子♥弹♥跟这个比起来就像个爆竹。
What’s the purpose?
我们争论目的何在?
You get out now.
你立刻给我滚。
What?
什么?
Get out!
出去!
I am fed up with you!
我受够你了!
You’re here to help, and you don’t.
你应该是来帮忙的,可你没有。
Let us work.
让我们工作吧。
I hear they’re going to detonate it from the top of a tower.
我听说,他们要在塔顶引爆它。
I think they’re already building a site there.
我想他们已经在那里建了一个网站。
You’ve seen it?
你看过吗?
I call him M.A.N.I.A.C., which means,
我叫他M.A.N.I.A.C,意思是
“Mathematical And Numerical Integrator And Computer.”
“运用数学原理对数值进行整合并完成积分计算的机器”。
You can run all sorts of programs on it,not just one.
你可以在上面运行各种程序,而不仅仅是一个程序。
It’s like a new instrument.
就像一台管风琴 。
Now we need to write the sheet music.
现在我们需要写乐谱。
You still have your headaches?
你还头疼吗?
It’s better.Just the change of the seasons.
好了点儿。只是季节的变化。
Maybe you smoke too much.
也许你抽烟太多了。
Smoking is good for the brain.
吸烟对大脑有益。
Tell me.
告诉我。
Is there a date for the bomb test yet?
核弹试验的日期确定了吗?
– I don’t know. – Come on, Johnny.
-我不知道。-少来了,约翰尼。
They have problems with some of the calculations,
他们在一些计算上出了问题,
and Oppenheimer is afraid that there might be a risk
奥本海默担心可能会有
to blow up the atmosphere.
在大气层中爆♥炸♥的风险。
He’s paranoid.
他是偏执狂。
We need to speed things up.
我们得加快速度。
We must finish the bomb…
我们必须完成炸♥弹♥…
in case the Nazis do it.
抢在纳粹之前。
Then let me help.
那我来帮你。
I don’t like working with Edward.
我不喜欢和爱德华.泰勒一起工作。
I don’t get why he’s so obsessed with this hydrogen bomb.
我不明白,他为什么对氢弹,这么着迷。
And I don’t think he really knows what he’s talking about.
我觉得,他根本不知道,自己在说什么。
Please, focus on your work.
请专心你自己的工作。
People have already complained about you twice,
而你才来了几个月,
and you’ve been there a couple of months.
人们已经抱怨过你两次了。
Also, Oppenheimer heard about you.
还有,奥本海默听到了你的事情了。
Can’t you just do what they ask?
你就不能,按他们说的去做吗?
Quantum physics means
量子物理意味着
there’s no objective observation possible, right?
不可能有客观的观察,对吧?
But wasn’t that the basis of science forever?
但这难道不是,永远的科学基础吗?
These days are over, my friend.
那些日子已经过去了,我的朋友。
Tell me, do you see any innocent bystander in this world?
告诉我,你在这个世界上看到过,那些无辜的受牵连的人吗?
Why should that be different on the subatomic level?
为什么在亚原子层面上会有所不同呢?
I guess there’s room for irony in the quantum world.
我想量子世界里,还有更出乎意料的空间。
– See you tomorrow.- See you.
-明天见。 -明儿见。
Hey, you heard about this dance thing at Fuller Lodge, right?
你听说富勒家小木屋的舞会了吧?
Oh, yeah, Francoise wants to go.
哦,是啊,弗朗索瓦丝想去。
– You gonna go? – Of course.
-你要去吗?-当然。
Let’s go.
走吧。
See you tomorrow.
明天见。
– Hello, Stan. – Hello, Irene.
-你好,斯坦。 -你好,艾琳。
I had another fight with Edward today.
我今天又和爱德华.泰勒吵了一架。
Tell me.
跟我说说吧。
It’s confidential.
这是保密的。
Well…
那么…
you have to talk to him.
你就去跟他说。
I’m sure you can sort it out.
我相信,你能搞定的。
To be honest, I’m not interested in sorting it out.
说实话,我没兴趣解决这个问题。
I was just pointing out that he was wrong.
我只是指出他错了。
It’s true.
这是真的。
It’s what I did.
我就做了这些。
Edward’s wife is nice.
爱德华的妻子人很好。
Maybe I can talk to her.
也许,我可以和她谈谈。
There’s no need.You don’t have to, really.
没有必要。你不必这么做,真的。
Well, I’m sure she can convince him to talk to you.
我相信她能,说服他跟你谈谈。
Can I ask you something?
我能问你点事吗?
Yes, of course.
是的,当然了。
What is the plan with this bomb?
这个炸♥弹♥有什么计划吗?
Basically, it’s about having it
基本上,就是抢在希♥特♥勒♥之前
before Hitler does.
把它研制出来。
So it means they definitely wouldn’t use it?
所以,他们肯定不会用它?
– Right? – No.
对吗? -不会用的。
I don’t think the Americans would use it
我认为,如果没有人使用它,
if nobody else does.
美国人也不会使用它。
It’s a deterrent.
这就是一种威慑。
They just want to show it as a warning.
他们只是想以此,作为警告。
But you know what is bothering me?
但你知道,我在烦恼什么吗?
The other wives tell me
其他的妻子们告诉我,
that you are working on an even bigger bomb now.
你现在在做一个更大的炸♥弹♥。
Why would they need to do that?
他们为什么要这么做?
Isn’t it funny what the other wives know?
其他妻子知道的事,是不是很有趣?
But it’s strange to be having a child
但当你在研究那种炸♥弹♥的时候
when you are working on a bomb like that.
我怀了个孩子的感觉,就很奇怪。
I wouldn’t worry about it.
我不会担心的。
I am convinced it will prove impossible to build.
我确信,它将被证明,是不可能建成的。
Come.
来吧。
#I put it in me pocket #
我把它揣进我的口袋里
#And I took it home to Jenny #
我把它带到了詹妮的家里
#She sighed and she swore #
她边叹息,边咒骂
#That she never would Deceive me #