但是你永远也不知道里面有什么邮票
But you never knew what stamp was gonna be inside, you know?
这一点很让人兴奋
So it was… it was really exciting.
当然了
Yeah.
然后他把那张印着海洋生物的邮票拆下来
And then he would separate all his from the ocean-life stamps,
给我
and then he would give those to me,
接着他告诉我他们的拉丁文名字
and he would explain their Latin names
他们来自哪儿
and where they came from.
他的手常常发抖
His hands used to shake.
当他在放大镜下面贴邮票的时候
You could see it when he was mounting the stamps
就能发现
under the magnifying glass, you know?
或者你可以从他的笔迹中发现
Or you could see it in his handwriting.
或者你可以从他威士忌里的冰块里发现
Or you’d hear it in the ice in his whiskey.
但是你会喜欢他的
But you would like him, though.
他也会喜欢你的 他会的
And he would like you. He would.
你觉得你会爱上集邮吗
Do you think that you would like to collect stamps?
我猜你最喜欢的动物应该是
I wonder what your favorite animal is.
世界上没有绝对的好人与坏人
“The world isn’t split into good people and Death Eaters.
每个人的心中都有光明与黑暗的一面
We’ve all got both light and dark inside of us.
关键在于我们如何选择
What matters is the part we choose to act on.
这才是我们
That’s who we really are.”
怎么了
What?
抱歉 你的勺子掉了
Oh. Sorry. You dropped your spoon.
我的天哪
Oh, my God.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
对不起 嘘
I’m so sorry. Shh.
我非常抱歉
I’m so sorry.
♪ 开心 愉快 美妙 ♪
♪ Merrily, merrily, merrily ♪
♪ 人生如 ♪
♪ Life is but… ♪
艾拉 我很抱歉
Ella, I’m so sorry.
请找个位置坐下把表填了
Please take a seat and fill out this form.
不是我来看病
But I’m… I’m not here for me.
是艾拉
I’m here for Ella.
不管是你看病还是你女儿看病
You still need to fill out the form
你还是要把表填了
before I can process either you or your daughter.
好的
Okay.
您好 是米林斯先生吗
Sir? Are you Mr. Millings?
我是
Uh, yeah.
我听说是你发现了这个小天使
I hear you may have found this little angel.
是的
Yeah.
我发现了她
I found her.
你在哪发现她的
Where did you find her?
在一个垃圾箱里
In a dumpster.
-嗨 -她叫艾拉
– Hi. – Her name is Ella.

I see.
嗨 艾拉
Hi, Ella. Ohh!
所以你就是这样摔到头的吗 小甜心
Is that how you hit your head, sweetie pie?
好吧
Okay.
现在洛杉矶警♥察♥局和儿童家庭服务部
Uh, now, with all abandoned-child cases,
会强制参与所有弃婴案件
it’s mandatory for both the LAPD and the DCFS to be involved.
双方都已经收到通知 并且很快就会赶到
Both have been notified and should be here shortly.
所以让我带着小艾拉去看病
But I’m also going to have to take little Ella
好吗
to be looked at, okay?
什么 你是说现在吗
What, you mean… you mean now?
是的 就是现在
Yes. I mean now.
但是警局
But the authorities
和儿童家庭服务部
and the Department of Child and Family Services
需要你待在这儿
will need you to stay here.
他们只是想询问你
They just need to ask you a few questions
你是怎么发现这个可怜的小家伙的
about how you found the poor thing.
我能
Will I…
我还能见到她吗
Will I be able to see her again?
我现在无法回答你的问题
I can’t answer that question at this time.
但是他们会告诉你
Oh, but here are the people who can.
来吧 小甜心
Come on, sweetie.
来吧 来吧
Yes, yes, yes.
很好 很好
Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah.
等等 这是她的
Um, oh, well, this is hers.
她的玩具
Her stuffy.
等等 我需要检查她的背包和所有物品
No, I need to see the bag and anything else
先生 这是证物
that might have been in the crime scene, sir.
不 这不是证物
Oh, no. There’s no crime scene.
这只是她的玩具海象
It’s not… This is just her walrus.
是的 我明白 但这不是证物
Yeah, I know, but this it’s not… not a crime scene.
这是你的小海象
It’s… It’s just… It’s your walrus.
你想要你的小海象吗
Do you want your walrus?
我知道了
I know.
我会拿着的
I’ll take this.
嘘 嘘
Oh! Shh, shh, shh.
再见 艾拉
Yeah. Bye, Ella.
我是加图警官
I’m Officer Cato.
这是儿童家庭服务部的迪克斯女士
This is Mrs. Deeks from DCFS.
我们想问你些问题
We need to ask you some questions.
没问题
Okay. All right.
你是在哪儿发现这个孩子的
Um, where did you say you found the child?
垃圾箱
Dumpster.
外面有很多垃圾箱 你能说详细点吗
A lot of dumpsters out there. Any one in particular?
在我工作地点的后面
Um, the one by where I work. In the back.
你是在今早发现她的吗
And what time did you say you found her this morning?
应该是 我记不清了
It was… I don’t remember.
凌晨
Early.
好的
Okay.
你能带我们重回现场吗
Can you, um, walk us through the event?
我知道这对你来说很困难 米林斯先生
I know this must be hard for you, Mister, uh, Millings,
但是我们需要知道详细的经过
but we need you to be very specific about what happened.
你是怎么知道她在垃圾箱里的
How did you know she was in the dumpster?
因为我听见她了
‘Cause I heard her.
你听见她哭了吗
You heard her crying?
然后呢
And then?
接着
And then…
我听见哭声之后打开了垃圾箱
I heard her crying, and I opened the dumpster,

and I…
我往里瞧
I looked in, um…
米林斯先生
Mr. Millings…
这种经历会给你带来痛苦
It’s perfectly normal for an experience like this
这是很正常的
to be traumatic.
不仅是对孩子 也是对你
And not just for her but for you as well.
你们都是受害者
You’re both victims.
没关系的 你只要告诉我们你记得什么
It’s okay. Just tell us what you remember.
你叫她艾拉
You, um… You called her Ella.
你怎么知道的 还是你给她取的名字
How did you know her name? Or is that a name you gave her?
在她的背包里
She was in… in… in the bag, in… in this bag,
有张纸条
and there was a note.
好的 纸条上写了什么
Okay, good. What did the note say?
上面写着 她叫艾拉
It said, “Her name was Ella.”
那张纸条现在在哪儿
And where’s the note?
我不记得了
I don’t know.

I…
-没关系的 -我可能弄丢了
– It’s okay. – I think I lost it.
你有手♥机♥号♥码吗 米林斯先生
Is there a number I can reach you at, Mr. Millings?
有需要的话你可以来我家
You can come to my place if you want.
你能写下你的
Can you, um, write down that information
名字和地址吗
along with your name and address?
你觉得
Do you think that, uh…
你觉得艾拉会没事吗
Do you think Ella is gonna be okay?
-当然 -是吧
– Yes. – Yeah?
艾拉将会受到很好的照顾
Yes, Ella will be very well taken care of.
我向你保证
I promise.
她现在待在
She’s a ward of the state now
儿童家庭服务部的病房♥里
within the Department of Children and Family Services,
我们会尽力联♥系♥到她的家人
and we’ll do our best to track down someone in her family.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!