那些犯了罪的人
And those who commit crimes
应该受到惩罚
should be punished,
那些反复犯下暴♥力♥罪行的人应该被警告
and those who commit repeated violent crimes should be told,
当你第三次犯下暴♥力♥罪行时
“When you commit a third violent crime,
你会被关起来 你会被关一辈子
you will be put away and put away for good.
三振出局
Three strikes, and you are out.”
将被监禁
…going to be incarcerated,
但是那些人的家人
but the people’s families.
这影响了我们的社区
It affects our community.
看看加利福尼亚
If you look at California…
这是典型的不容置评的规定
It’s the classic sacred cow.
在这个国家做任何事情都是有后果的
We live in a country with consequences.
你偷 你骗 你抢 你就得进监狱
You steal, you cheat, you rob someone, you go to jail.
你觉得你应该把人关起来
So you think you should lock somebody up
可能是终身监禁 或者25年
potentially for a life sentence or 25 years to life
就因为他抽了一点大♥麻♥吗
because they smoked a little weed?
非暴♥力♥罪行
…nonviolent offenses,
但是三振就得出局
but three strikes is three strikes.
通常来说是轻罪
…normally a misdemeanor…
卡斯珀本地人认领高速公路
-就算是一个披萨 -就算是一个披萨
– Even a pizza? – Even a pizza.
与阶级和种族差异等问题
…intersect with things
在11月的一个寒冷晴朗的早晨 罗素·米林斯 明♥心♥中学高二的学生 在两兄弟汉堡店外面的停车场给他的九个同学发了垃圾袋
交织在一起
like class and race disparities.
你已经犯过两次罪了
You already had two strikes before.
我不明白为什么这是个问题
I don’t understand why this is an issue.
第三次犯罪已经证明
That third strike has proven
在任何方面都没有减少犯罪
to not reduce crime in any way.
只会白白浪费几年人的生命
It’s only thrown people’s lives away for years.
服刑期:本地男孩将服刑25年
分销大♥麻♥
被判25年
想要上诉
三振出局
我们做过头了
We overreached.
我们向毒品发动了一场战争
We launched a war on drugs.
重新评估我们对待监狱的方式
…reevaluate the whole way we’ve dealt with prison.
黑人社区遭受的苦难
…that the black community has suffered through.
我们不能仅凭起诉或监禁
We cannot simply prosecute or incarcerate
18年后加利福尼亚修正三振出局
让我们的国家更安全
our way to becoming a safer nation.
这是不公平且不平衡的
父亲针对司法系统发表激烈评论
罗素·厄尔·米林斯在其十几岁的儿子被判25年监禁后
我为投票赞成那项法案而表示歉意
I absolutely apologize for voting for that bill.
花纳税人的钱
…to spend taxpayer money
为了监禁非暴♥力♥人员
to keep nonviolent people in prison.
前两次犯罪并不严重
These first two offenses were not significant,
我犯了错误 对不起
and I made a mistake, and I’m sorry.
认领高速公路
-米林斯 -我非常抱歉
– Millings. – I’m really sorry.
米林斯
Millings.
五点 行吗
At 5:00, okay?
好了 米林斯
Okay, Millings.
走吧 是时候了 伙计
Let’s go. It’s game time, buddy.
动起来
On the move.
祝你好运 米林斯
Hey, good luck out there, Millings.
加州惩教局
囚犯
靠边站 靠边站
Step aside. Step aside.
是罗素·米林斯吗
Russell Millings?
大日子
Big day.
威尔逊
Wilson.
好了
All right.
从入口处给你拿了个人物品
Got your personal belongings from entry.
这是你的
This is yours.
我们还给你准备了换洗衣物
We also got you a change of clothes.
行了 我们走
Okay. Let’s go.
你最好别在上班的时候发短♥信♥
You better stop texting at work.
你走得好像不想离开一样
You’re walking like you don’t want to leave.
怎么了
What’s up?
你还好吗
You okay?
快点儿换上这些衣服
Okay, I want you to quickly change into those.
坐在那边 好吗
Take a seat right there, okay?
会有管理人员过来和你谈话
An administrator is gonna come in and talk to you.
米林斯先生吗 我是特蕾西·韦斯特莫尔
Mr. Millings? I am Tracy Westmore.
我需要你在这些文件上签名
I am going to need your signature on these documents.
可以吗 这是我的钢笔
Okay? Here’s my pen.
请在那里签名
Sign right there, please.
好的 很好
Okay. Very good.
你需要在那里签名
I’ll need you to sign right there.
好的
Okay.
你还有什么问题问我吗
Do you have any more questions for me?
行 这样吧
Okay. You know what?
我带你离开这里 好吗
Let’s get you out of here. All right?
带上你的东西 跟着我
So just grab your stuff. Follow me.
再见
Pleasure.
我把囚服放在桌上了
I left my blues on that table there.
你不需要它了
You don’t need them.
祝你好运 罗素
Best of luck out there, Russell.
好的
Okay.
过好每一天
One day at a time.
好了 罗素
Okay, Russell.
我得让你下班了
I got to get you off the clock.
早班的人可以把剩下的清理了
Morning shift can put the rest away.
下一站
Next stop…
无所谓了 谁在乎啊
Whatever. Who the cares?
太愚蠢了
That’s stupid.
没什么大不了的
It’s not a big deal.
行吧 无所谓
Okay, whatever.
我想要你来见我
I wanted you to meet me.
-我想要见你 -不 你不想
– I wanted to meet you. – No, you didn’t.
你错过了航♥班♥ 你错过了船
You missed the flight, you missed the boat,
你错过了公交车
you missed the bus.
我对你很生气
I’m so mad at you.
我不在乎你生不生气
I don’t care if you’re mad at me.
你知道我只想让你开心
You know I always want you to be happy.
别骗我 告诉我实话
Don’t lie. Tell me.
你对我很生气
You’re mad at me,
可怕的汽车追逐以喜剧结尾
Terrifying car chase ends in comedy.
再次感谢 本 广♥告♥后
Thanks again, Ben. Okay. After the break…
圣塔安那大风将于上午到达
The Santa Ana winds are gonna start in the a.M.,
直到晚间或周四清晨
and they won’t let up till late,
它们才会停止
or early Thursday morning.
我为你感到非常骄傲 你知道吗
I’m real proud of you, you know?
有点苦乐参半
It’s a little bittersweet.
这是我们最后一次面对面谈话了
It’s gonna be our last meeting in person.
你还有几个月就假释期满
Your parole will be satisfied in a few months,
然后你就可以开始新生活了
and then you can start to start over,
但是间周周二我要看到假释报告
but I am gonna need those PPRs every other Tuesday, okay?
出现在我桌上
On my desk.
好的 把它们寄过来吗
Okay. And mail them here?
不用 你只用发邮件给我就行了
No. No, you can just… you can just e-mail them to me.
已经没人寄任何东西了
Nobody mails anything anymore.
-没错 但 -行 那
– Yeah, but that… – Okay? So…
你还没
Look, have you not…
-你还没邮箱地址吗 -还没
– have you not gotten an e-mail address yet? – No, I didn’t.
我有 我有
Well, I did. No, I did.
我有 但是问题是如果你想要有个邮箱
I did, but the trouble is that if you want to get an e-mail,
就像 你必须有一个邮箱
like, you have to have an e-mail,
如果你没有邮箱 就不能
and if you don’t have an e-mail, it… it doesn’t…
行了 罗素 把它搞明白 好吗
Okay, Russell, then just figure it out, okay?
把它搞明白
Just figure it out.
最后几步你可不能搞砸
You do not want to fudge up these last few steps.
好吗 我们不想你回到原点
All right? We don’t need you sliding backwards.
这一点也不好 我见过 好吗
It is not pretty. I have seen it. Okay?
所以你别 别又二进宫
So you just don’t… don’t step in it again.