Now let’s see you swim, buddies.
兄弟们,让我们来看看,你们游泳的技术怎么样
Tatum, I always knew you were a louse.
塔图姆,我就知道你是这种人
Easy, Mr. Morgan.
冷静点,摩根先生
You’re talking to an officer of the law.
警长在这里呢
That tin badge will do you no good. We’ve launched a protest with your publisher.
没有用的,我们已经向你的出版商投诉你了
Launch it with the sheriff. He’s my superior.
向警长投诉吧,他现在是我的老板
All right, we’ll take this all the way to Santa Fe, to the governor. You know what he’ll do.
好啊,我们要把你告到圣达菲州长那里去,你到时就知道厉害了
You bet I do. He’s a fine man, and he’ll take action. He’ll phone the sheriff.
那当然了,他肯定会给警长电♥话♥的
And I’ll write him a letter and tell him I’m doin’ my duty.
我会告诉他我是在恪守我的职责
Then you talk to the governor again, and he’ll talk to the attorney general.
然后你只能再到州长那里去,他再告到首席检察官那儿
And for all I know, they’ll throw me out of here.
他大不了让我离开这儿
Only by that time, buddies, Leo will be out…
只不过,兄弟们,到那时,里奥已经出来了
and the story is finished… over, done!
故事结束了,游戏玩完了
Excuse me, gentlemen. I got a date with Leo.
对不起,先生们,我要去看里奥了
Popcorn! Popcorn!
混♥蛋♥!混♥蛋♥!
Just so you don’t think I’m a complete louse…
为了不让你们认为我是一个彻头彻尾的混♥蛋♥
I do have some news for you.
我透漏点新闻给你们吧
Put it on a Teletype.
明天放到头版
Tell your papers Chuck Tatum’s available.
查克·塔图姆辞职了,正在寻找新的东家
Looks like there’s gonna be three or four more days of hot copy.
这个故事至少还能大卖♥♥三四天
Exclusive. And Tatum is sitting on it.
塔图姆独家报道
So let’s hear their bids.
看看谁出的价码最高
Come on, fan.
走了,哥们
“Reelect Sheriff Kretzer.”
“请支持克雷策警长连任”
Of course, it’s hard to say what we might run into.
当然很难预见我们可能会遇到什么苦难
You hit rock and then those layers of shale.
我们要穿透岩石,坚硬的石层
That’s what we call a stratified formation…
我们称之为层状地形
and that means changing the bit… Wait just a second!
那就意味着我们必须… 等等
There’s Mr. Tatum making his way toward the cliff dwelling.
塔图姆先生正向我们走来
I’m going to try to get him on this microphone.
我们来访问一下
Mr. Tatum! Mr. Tatum!
塔图姆先生,塔图姆先生
Good. He’s coming over this way now.
很好,他正向我们走来
Mr. Tatum, could you spare us a few moments, please?
塔图姆先生,可以耽误您几分钟时间吗?
Just a word or two about Leo and the way things look to you down there.
请简单介绍一下里奥先生的情况
Well, we’re making progress, good progress.
呃,情况有所进展
But every second counts in this rescue operation.
但是这次救援行动中,每一秒钟都很重要
And I’m sure your radio audience will excuse me…
我相信听众朋友们会原谅我
as well as Mr. Smollett here if he goes back to his post at the drill.
以及斯莫利特先生,他得回到钻孔机那里去了
I don’t know why they have to use a drill at all. They don’t have to go from the top.
我不明白为什么他们必须要使用钻孔机,完全没有必要从山顶上开始救援工作
There’s a quicker way to get that man out of there.
可以用更简单,更快捷的办法
What’s your name, sir? My name is Kusac.
先生,请问您叫什么名字? 库萨尔
I did a lot of mining in my day…
我做过很多采矿工作
silver mining, that is… up in Virginia City.
在维吉尼亚开采银矿
Now, the way I see it…
照这种情况…
Yes, go ahead, Mr. Kusac. We’re very much interested.
请继续,库萨尔先生,我们很想听听您的高见
Well, we had cave-ins… quite a few of them.
我们也遇到过这种坍方事件,很多次
One that I know of was further in than yours.
还遇到过比这次更严重的情况
Were you ever in a cavein yourself, Mr. Kusac? No, not personally.
你被困在井下过吗? 没有
Well, I was. Course, you might not call it a cave-in exactly…
我有过,当然,可能不能叫做是坍方…
but I was stuck in an elevator once…
我有一次被困在电梯里
in the store I work in, between the basement and the subbasement.
就在我工作的商店,电梯卡在地下一层和二层之间
It was six hours before they could get me out, and they had to use a blowtorch to do it.
好几个小时后他们才把我救出来,他们还用了矿灯呢
Right from the top. Just like here.
从我头顶上,就像现在这样
I’m afraid I gotta be getting back to my crew.
我想我得回去工作了
As I was trying to say, we didn’t have no big drill. We didn’t need it.
我只是想说,我们根本没有什么钻孔机,也没有这个必要
We just hauled in the timber and shored up the walls all the way back.
我们只是架起一些木材,把周围的墙稳住
Now, if we did it that way in Virginia City, why can’t we do it that way here?
如果这种方法在维吉尼亚行得通,为什么在这儿就不行呢
Aw, you’re not telling me anything I don’t know.
我听不懂你在讲什么
I know all about shoring and bracing.
我很清楚支架,稳定…
Mr. Kusac, you see, this is a cliff dwelling and not a silver mine.
库萨尔先生,这是山洞,不是银矿
Well, I think it’s all the same. A man’s underground, and you got to get him out.
我觉得都一样,我只知道有一个人被困在下面,我们应该尽早把他救出来
Did you get your man out, Mr. Kusac?
你的工人成功被救出来了吗?库萨尔先生
I’m afraid we didn’t. We were too late.
没有,我们太迟了
Well then, suppose we let Mr. Smollett do it his way… from the top.
那就行了,让我们按照斯莫利特的方法来,从上而下
Thank you, Mr. Tatum. Thank you very much. And thank you, Mr. Smollett.
谢谢,塔图姆先生,谢谢,斯莫利特先生
I know I speak for my entire radio audience…
我代表我们所有的听众朋友
when I express my great admiration for both of you.
向两位表示衷心的钦佩
Mr. Tatum is now approaching the entrance…
塔图姆先生正走向山洞入口处…
to the cliff dwelling to start another one of his perilous journeys…
又一次危险的旅程开始了
into the underground mazes of this dread mountain.
同时也是一次神秘的山洞之行…
As he waves to the crowd, you can hear the tremendous cheer!
他朝人群挥挥手,人群中传来震耳的欢呼声
Hiya, Leo. What do you say?
嗨里奥,怎么样?
Five minutes late this morning.
今天晚了五分钟
Sorry. What’s the matter?
对不起,怎么了?
Did you eat anything? I’m not hungry.
吃东西了吗? 我不饿
Take your pills? Yeah.
吃药了? 吃了
This afternoon, when the doctor comes, you better give yourself another injection.
下午医生来的时候,最好再打一针
I don’t want any injection. It’s that drill.
我不用打♥针♥,受不了的是那些钻机声
You gotta keep telling yourself, Leo, they’re getting closer all the time.
你应该告诉自己,它们离你越来越近了
I can’t stand it. It never stops.
我受不了了,什么时候能停下
It’s like somebody was drivin’ crooked nails through my head!
就像有人往我脑袋里钉钉子
Listen to it! It’s enough to wake up the dead, I tell you!
听听,连死人都能吵醒
Stop it!
停下!
I’m sorry.
对不起
Here. I brought you the paper.
我给你带了报纸
Thanks.
谢谢
Yesterday, I read there were 2,000 people outside.
昨天的报纸上说外面有两千多人
Today there’s over 3,000.
今天都有三千人了
Well, who are they? What do they want?
是吗,是些什么人,他们在干什么?
They’re your friends. They are?
都是你的朋友 是吗?
I guess everybody’s got a lot of friends they don’t even know about.
有时候人有很多自己都不认识的朋友
Like those guys drillin’ for me.
像那些要把这里钻开的人
Or like you, Chuck. I didn’t even know you were alive this time last week.
还有像你这样的人,上个周这个时候我还不认识你呢
And now you’re my friend.
现在你是我的朋友了
I guess you’re my best friend.
我想你是我最好的朋友
Leo, when we get you out of here…
里奥,等你离开这儿
I’ll be goin’ to New York, more than likely.
我可能会去纽约,很有可能
Then I won’t be seein’ you anymore?
就是说我再也见不到你了
No. I was just about to say, when I’m in New York…
不是,我要说的是我去纽约的时候
I’ll bring you out to visit me for a couple of weeks… or as long as you want.
想带你一起去玩几个星期,如果你愿意的话
Stay right with me.
跟我一起
Hey, you ever been in New York?
你去过纽约吗?
Been in Baltimore. Never New York.
去过巴尔的摩,从来没有去过纽约
We’re really gonna have a great time. You’ll see.
我们要好好玩玩,你等着吧
We’ll live it up a little.
好好看看纽约
New York. Lorraine told me a lot about New York.
纽约,洛林经常跟我说纽约
Does she talk about me? Is she upset?
你说过我什么吗?她是不是很着急?
Sure. Everybody’s upset about you.
当然,大家都很着急
Say, Chuck, what day is this? Wednesday.
查克,今天是星期几? 星期三
Think there’s a chance they can get me out by Friday?
你觉得他们星期五以前能把我弄出去吗?
Because Friday’s somethin’ special. We’re doing all we can.
因为星期五是个特殊的日子 我们会尽力
Because it’s gonna be five years that Lorraine and I were married.
是我和洛林结婚五周年纪念
You know, things haven’t been so good between us.
我们俩之间一直有点问题
Maybe this’ll make a difference.
希望这次能有带来不同
Maybe we can start all over again.
希望我们可以重新开始
Maybe I can take her along on that trip to New York.
去纽约的时候我还可以带着她呢
She’s so pretty.
她真漂亮
Here you are! Get yourself a red hot!
给您,自己加点辣椒
Here you are! Get yourself a red hot!
[SM娱乐公♥司♥]
A show-stoppin’ monster for a dime!
[SM娱乐公♥司♥]
A show-stoppin’ monster for a dime!
表演 – 停车观赏
We can’t let them come in here, Lorraine! Not the carnival!
我们不能让这些人来洛林,这又不是狂欢节
Quiet, Papa. I told them it was all right.
安静点爸爸,这有什么关系
It is not all right. I won’t have them here.
当然有关系,不能让他们这样
They’re paying for it. Good money.
他们都付钱,付很多钱
Look at them. Selling balloons here, ice cream, hot dogs.
看他们,又是气球,又是冰淇淋,热狗
Everybody’s paying for it.
所有人都付钱了
Why don’t we just lock up this place and tell everybody to go home?
我们应该把这里封闭起来,让所有人都走
Because they won’t go home.
他们不会走的
They’ll just park on the other side of the highway and eat someplace else.
照样会在路那边找个地方停车,到别的地方吃饭

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!