Go on back and peddle your hamburgers.
回去,继续卖♥♥你的汉堡包吧
Good morning, everybody. This is radio station KOAT, Albuquerque.
亲爱的听众朋友们,大家好,这里是阿尔伯克基电台
Bob Bumpas speaking and bringing you another on-the-spot report…
鲍勃在现场为您带来有关里奥·明诺萨救援行动的
of the Leo Minosa rescue operation.
最新报道
Send up more casings! Since the operation began three days ago…
多拿点沙包过来 自救援行动开展三天以来…
the drill has cut its way 57 feet closer to Leo.
钻孔机已经向下钻了五十七英尺
You have just heard the voice of Sam Smollett, the man who is in charge of the drilling job.
我们刚刚听到山姆斯莫利特现场指挥的声音,斯莫利特先生是负责这次行动的领队
This man, together with Sheriff Kretzer and a crew of volunteer rescue workers…
他和格斯·克雷策警长,以及一队志愿救助人员
is tirelessly fighting this battle against stubborn rock and fleeting time…
正在与坚硬的岩石做不屈不挠的斗争
with a human life at stake.
这场战斗,关系到一个生命的存亡
If anyone can lick this… this curse of. the Mountain of the Seven Vultures, they can.
如果说有谁能够打破这个七贪人山的诅咒,那么除了他们,别无他人
Ladies and gentlemen, something phenomenal is going on here…
女士们,先生们,现场的景象特别的壮观…
right in front of this 400-year-old cliff dwelling.
正对着这片有四百年历史的小院
A new community is springing up…
涌进来一大批新的“居民”
a veritable town of tents and trucks and trailers.
帐篷,卡车,拖车…
Standing here, I can pick out license plates…
从我站的地方我看到的车牌包括
from California, Arizona, Texas and Oklahoma.
加利福利亚,亚利桑那,得克萨斯以及奥克拉巴马
And more cars pouring in all the time.
而且一直不停地还有人和车辆涌进来
And more volunteer workers from all over the state.
有从全国各地赶来的义工
Top-flight newspapermen from the biggest papers in the country are here.
全国各大报社的顶尖记者
The most outstanding of these newspaper people is, of course, Chuck Tatum…
最优秀的新闻工作者,这其中当然包括查克·塔图姆…
the courageous reporter who first made contact with Leo last Saturday.
我们这位勇敢的记者于上星期六第一次见到受害者
Later on in this broadcast, we will try to get Mr. Tatum to this microphone.
在我们下面的报道中,我们将有可能采访塔图姆先生
In the meantime, I’m sure you’ll want to hear from some of the folks…
同时,我想大家一定想听一听来自现场的声音…
who’ve gathered here to hope and pray for Leo’s rescue.
他们聚在一起为受害者祈祷…
This gentleman right here… What is your name, sir?
请问这位先生,您叫什么名字?
Uh, Federber. Al Federber.
费德波,阿尔·费德波
What business are you in, Mr. Federber?
费德波先生,你从事什么行业?
In the insurance game, in Gallup.
我在盖洛普做保险
Feel right at home, Mr. Federber. Speak right into the microphone, please.
别紧张,费德波先生,请对着麦克风讲话
Uh, we’re from Gallup.
噢,我们是从盖洛普来的
This is Mrs. Federber and the boys.
这是我太太,我孩子
It’s a very wonderful thing to see a man and his family come all the way from Gallup…
很高兴看到这一家人千里迢迢从盖洛普赶来
to join us here during these anxious days.
陪我们一起共同期待奇迹的发生
Well, I didn’t exactly what you call join.
我可不认为是“陪”大家一起
I heard you talkin’ to some other people on the radio last night.
我昨晚听广播时听到你在采访一些人
We were over there in our trailer having supper.
当时我们正在拖车里吃晚饭
And they said they were the first ones here.
他们声称自己是第一个来这里的人
Oh, I hate to call anybody a liar, but that just plain isn’t so.
我不想说他们是骗子,但是事实确实不是如他们所说
My wife will bear me out.
我夫人可以作证
Nellie, who were the first people here? Tell them.
内儿,我们是不是第一个来到这里的人,告诉他们
Why, we were. I wouldn’t lie about a thing like that.
当然是啦,在这种事情上我怎么可能撒谎呢
I’m sure you wouldn’t, Mrs. Federber.
我相信你不会的费德波夫人
Now, Mr. Federber, what is your reaction to this wonderful job being done here?
费德波先生,你对这次救援行动有什么看法?
I think it’s wonderful.
我觉得他们太伟大了
I run up against accidents all the time. I know what I’m talkin’ about.
是不愿意看到事故发生的
I’m in the insurance game myself.
我自己本身就从事保险行业
You never can tell when an accident’s gonna happen.
你永远不知道事故何时会发生
I sure hope Leo had the good sense to provide for an emergency like this.
我相信里奥先生以前一定是为了防止之中事故发生而投了保的
Now, you take my outfit… the Pacific All-Risk. We have a little policy that covers…
你们从我制♥服♥上可以看到太平洋保险公♥司♥,我们的制度…
Thank you. Thank you very much, Mr. Federber.
谢谢,谢谢您,费德波先生
I’m sorry we have to interrupt these on-the-spot interviews…
很抱歉我们要中断现场的访问
but I see it’s almost time for Mr. Tatum to make his first visit of the day to Leo.
因为我看到塔图姆先生正准备进山洞看望里奥先生
Stand by while we move our microphone closer to the cliff dwelling.
请不要离开,我们正将麦克风挪到离山洞近一点的地方
We’ll try to get Mr. Tatum to say a few words to you when he reaches us.
我们希望塔图姆先生经过时能说几句
In the meantime
同时
Hold it, fan.
等等,哥们儿
Look, Mrs. Minosa, they’re having a rosary at that little church this evening.
明诺萨夫人,今天晚上教堂要举♥行♥一场玫瑰经颂
I want you to be there.
我希望你去参加
I don’t go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.
我才不去教堂,我的尼龙裤子可经不起那样的跪法
You’re makin’ enough dough to buy yourself another pair.
你赚的钱够你买♥♥了条新的
I want you to be there because I’m sending Herbie down to get a couple of shots. Understand?
我之所以让你去,是因为我想让赫比去拍一组照片
Okay.

But only because you wrote me up so pretty in today’s paper.
但我是看在你在报纸上把我写得那么好的份上
You sure can make with the words.
你写文章确实有一手
“A figure of fair-haired loveliness…
她有着一头漂亮的头发
in the lengthening shadow of the cursed mountain… ”
孤独的站在受到了诅咒的七贪人山的影子里
Unquote.
点睛之笔啊
Tomorrow this’ll be yesterday’s paper and they’ll wrap a fish in it.
明天这将成为废纸,人们会用它来当包鱼纸
And another thing, mister. Don’t ever slap me again.
哦,对了,先生,不准再扇我,否则你走着瞧
Did you buy the cigars for Leo?
你给里奥买♥♥的雪茄?
Real Havana. The best I could find in Albuquerque.
这可是正宗古巴雪茄,阿尔伯克基最好的
I got a job for you, fan. Pick up Mrs. Minosa… Lorraine, I mean.
我给你安排个活,今天晚上去接明诺萨夫人
Make sure she gets to that church this evening.
去教堂
I want a picture of her with her beads.
给我拍一张她戴者念珠的照片
If she hasn’t got any, get some for her. Sure.
要是她没有,你去找点给她 好的
And how about me taking a picture of a medicine man…
我再拍点巫师的照片怎么样?
you know, with the fancy headdress and all the trimmings…
戴着复杂的头饰,坠边什么的
exorcising all the evil spirits? Now you’re clicking, fan.
驱除恶魔的灵魂? 嘿,你终于开窍了
That’s got a message. Thanks.
这主意不错 谢谢夸奖
When I take your copy into Albuquerque… No more copy.
我把你的文章复样带到阿尔伯克基时 以后再没有复样了
Not for Boot anyhow. As of now, I’m not working for the Albuquerque Sun-Bulletin.
以后不再送稿子给布特了,从现在开始,我不再为阿尔伯克基太阳报工作
Neither are you. We quit. Both of us?
你也是,我们辞职 我们俩?
Hope it’s all right with you. Sure, Chuck.
你没意见吧 完全没意见,查克
There isn’t anything you could do wrong as far as I’m concerned.
我看没有你看错的事
But I don’t get it. Quit in the middle of a story right when it’s snowballing like this?
但是我不明白,为什么要中途放弃呢
That’s exactly the time to do it, Herbie boy.
赫比小子,现在正是时候
They’ve been lapping it up… every word… every paper from New York to Los Angeles.
正当它们都在争先恐后地报道的时候…从纽约到洛杉机
So now we turn off the spigot. Just like that.
我们把龙头关掉,就这么轻轻一拧
Watch them with their tongues out.
看看他们有什么反应
Stop at that tent. Let’s see the gentlemen of the press.
在那帐篷那儿停一下,我去跟同仁们打个招呼
Look, boys, I don’t care where you come from…
听着,各位,我不管你们从哪儿来
New York, Philadelphia, Chicago or the moon.
纽约也好,费城也好,芝加哥也好,就算你们是从月球上来的
Nobody goes down to see Leo.
也不能去看里奥先生
What about Tatum? It’s out of bounds.
那塔图姆呢? 不行
Why? Because it’s dangerous down there.
为什么? 因为下面很危险
Because a wall could fall in on you.
因为说不定哪面墙会砸到你们
Because I’m sheriff and because I’m responsible for everybody’s safety.
因为我是警长,因为我要为每一个人的安全负责
What about Tatum? Out of bounds. You heard me!
那塔图姆呢? 不行,我说不行就不行
What about Tatum?
那塔图姆呢?
You’re repeatin’ yourself.
不要说同样的话
This is a pretty nice place I fixed up here for you boys.
我给你们建了个不错的地儿
Be a shame to cut all these wires…
如果要剪断这些绳索的话…
and kick you out. Don’t try it, Mr. Sheriff.
再把你们赶出去 我劝你别这么做,警长先生
We wouldn’t take that kind of guff from J. Edgar Hoover, let alone from you.
我们可不吃你这一套
We came all the way out here to do a job…
我们大老远的跑来
and we’re going to do it. It’s out of bounds!
我们必须有所收获 不行
Now you’re repeating yourself.
不要说同样的话
How come it isn’t out of bounds for Tatum?
为什么塔图姆就可以?
How come he goes in as much as he wants to? What about Tatum?
为什么他想进去就进去?为什么他是例外?
That’s right. What about Tatum?
就是,为什么?
Howdy, fans.
嘿,大家好
Why, it’s like old home week.
大家都聚齐了啊
Glad to see you, Mac.
很高兴看到你,麦克
Mr. McCardle. Used to work together in New York.
麦克·卡尔德以前在纽约工作
And if it isn’t Jessop… big-hearted Mickey Jessop.
这不是杰瑟普吗,慷慨的米奇·杰瑟普啊
Thanks for the 50 bucks you didn’t send me.
欠我的五十块钱还没给我呢
Guess he didn’t get my wire.
我猜他没收到我的电报
And what do you know? Josh Morgan. Where was it?
乔希·摩根呢在哪里工作来着
Boston? Chicago? All I know is, he’s got a hernia.
波士顿?芝加哥?我上次跟他碰面时,他还有疝气呢
Sittin’ pretty, aren’t you, Chuck? Got everything sewed up… Leo, the sheriff.
查克,你坐享其成,日子过得挺滋润,把大家都买♥♥通了,里奥,警长
Try to talk to the father, the mother, the wife, and what do we get?
访问受害者的父亲、母亲、妻子,我们呢
“See Tatum! See Tatum!” He’s a friend of the family.
“找塔图姆吧,找塔图姆去” 他是他们的朋友
Now, what’s your beef, fans? You’re smart cookies.
嘿,老兄,你发什么牢骚啊,你是个聪明人
Big-city newspapermen.
大城市的记者啊
There’s a lot of good stories lying around here, all yours.
有很多好题材可以报道啊,没有人跟你抢
The weather, the crowds, the Indians.
天气,人们的日常生活,印第安人
Inside stuff… how they weave a rug.
都是内♥幕♥新闻呢啊,现在都不值钱了?
Cut it out, Chuck. We’re all buddies. We’re all in the same boat.
得了吧,查克,我们都是同行,我们现在在同一条船上
I’m in the boat. You’re in the water.
我在船上,你在水里呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!